Assistance Home Care

Contact Now

Reviews of Assistance Home Care

jack_rinehart January 09, 2014

Assistance Home Care is a first class operation, manned by the most caring and dedicated team of professionals. They consistently demonstrate a dedication to their clients, a caring attitude for families and others, and employ a staff of highly trained and compassionate professionals. No matter the time of day, they are always available. I would highly recommend Assistance Home Care.

NDgirlz January 09, 2014

The company is very responsive, compassionate, good communication, and committed to finding caregiver's that meet the company's high standards. Caregiver is friendly, concerned, on time, does all tasks/errands asked of her in a pleasant manner. Feel comfortable having her in my house.

Pat36 October 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your compassion and sympathy as well as for providing us with the perfect team to work with Louise, our aunt. Your support throughout her last days is immeasurable.

Caring77983650 October 25, 2013

I am grateful for the terrific support you and your company, Assistance Home Care, gave me in caring for my husband.

After being the main caregiver for 13 years, i became acquainted with your company during the last 6 months of his life. It was a time when i really needed help and for someone to care and listen to my concerns. You did all of that.

I had used several other companies and was becoming frustrated in finding the help I needed along with trying to satisfy and insurance company's demands in using a long term care policy. Allen was my advocate and didn't give up when i was about to.

I am so grateful that you and your staff worked tirelessly to find a caregiver that was the right fit and was willing to find a replacement to meet my satisfaction if i asked.

The quality of your caregivers is top-notch and I feel so blessed in meeting them and having them come into our home. It is evident that you have high standards in your hiring process.

There are so many reasons to say thank you to you and your company. At the top of the list is for Allen's promise that he wouldn't let me down and he would find the help I needed. Since I had a high expectations, that wasn't easy but he kept that promise.

I thank you for taking the time to get to know your clients and treating us like family. You have that personal touch that says you really do care.

Jackie21 October 25, 2013

I did some research for in home care companies on the internet. I found a lot of companies but Assistance Home Care was the first one to call me back. They're fine and they did a good job.

Mardell October 12, 2013

I just have an excellent experience with Assistance Home Care as far as punctuality, availability and attitude of all the workers and Allen himself. They were more than cooperative and really bend over backwards to try and accommodate the needs of my friend.

We would call them at the last minute and within an hour, they have someone available.They're very personable and very accommodating. I would definetely use them again.

pemill October 09, 2013

Our Mom has needed 24/7 live-in care since she fell and broke her hip at the age 0f 89. We used a different care provider company for the first year and a half. Our experience included high turnover of care givers. The good ones left. and the closure of one franchise and our automatic assignment to a different franchise. We are so happy that our Mom's care manager suggested changing to AHC. Allen and his office staff are so responsive. Most important, our care manager and Allen have worked diligently to quickly identify excellent matches - care givers to our Mom. And they clearly enjoy our Mom as much as she enjoys them. They are truly caring and careful and provide only the best for our Mom. And they have stayed so Mom is no longer confused by new people in her home.

Renee10 September 30, 2013

Assistance Home Care was exceptional and very caring. They seemed to be on time. They seemed to know what they're talking about. I've had no complaints at all. The caregivers were good. We were satisfied with their care.

Janet32 September 30, 2013

They're very professional. The lady that I have working with me now is both kind and competent. She's not lacking at all in personal interest but she's also aware. She doesn't walk in the door and look at me like I'm suppose to tell her everything. She looks around and picks up on things. She's very bright and right on the ball. I really appreciate that.

MaryRC April 15, 2013

I just wanted to say "Thank You" to Allen and Sally and our caregiver Diana for all your support and loving care provided to my dad last winter. As a RN, case manager, who was working full-time and caring for dad at my home in his last months, I was very particular about who I wanted to care for dad when I had to leave the house. The respite care provided was caring, confident and made me feel very secure. I am grateful that I met Allen at a seminar and that he and his staff could meet my needs. I would highly recommend this agency for any family or caregiver needing assistance in the home.

cathy g March 23, 2013

Assistance Home Care continually went above and beyond to minister to every conceivable need possible. Their team anticipated our family's needs and proceeded to assist and problem solve each step of the way. The care-giving team was not only experienced in caring for our loved one but always demonstrated the highest level of respect when interacting, helping our loved one maintain his dignity through very difficult circumstances.

Each member of the team from the owner of the company to the office staff/coordinators to the care-giver in the home continually provided detail oriented, personal attention in every aspect of our loved one's care.

Our family will be always be grateful to the loving care provided by Assistance Home Care. They truly helped us carry our load leaving more time to simply "be" with our loved one in his final days.

Susan E. M. March 07, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Assistance Home Care! From the beginning, they stepped right in and provided such excellent service...it is difficult being out of state and trying to manage my father's care, but since using Assistance Home Care, all of my concerns have been greatly relieved. They have filled a very important role in my life and my father's life and we are very grateful. Everything runs very smoothly with the arrangements we have made with them and probably most importantly, my father's spirits have improved and he looks so forward to his care giver coming. I highly recommend this organization to anyone searching for quality, caring, excellent service.

Kathy W.--Client & Occupational Therapist March 05, 2013

Assistance Home Care has been caring for my dad for almost 1 year. I would recommend this company because of the compassion, dedication and integrity that the owners, Allen and Sally, demonstrate. They hire friendly, honest people like Chrissy and Heather. They make it a priority to find caregivers who are compatible with my dad's personality and needs.
With any home care situation there are unexpected circumstances. When issues were brought to Allen's attention, he and and his team handled them immediately and professionally. They put my dad and my family first. On behalf of my family, thank you to Assistance Home Care for your personalized attention as you continue to accommodate our ever-changing needs.

jkeith March 05, 2013

As a professional working to help seniors and their families find quality options when they need in home care services, I have been delighted by Assistance Home Care. Their team cares deeply for their clients and will go above and beyond the call of duty to help! I know of several clients who use Assistance Home Care and have been extrememly pleased. It brings such peace and comfort to know our loved ones are well-cared for!

Maryellen S. March 05, 2013

We were completely comfortable with this organization from the first time I spoke with someone on the phone and even moreso when we met them. Would highly recommend their care to anyone.

thomas12 March 04, 2013

Great service; fast, responsive, afordable. They took care to be sure we were comfortable and did a great job all around. Only reason we are not still with them is that we moved out of the area. highly recomended.

Maria RS February 22, 2013

I would like to share that having assistance is a great reward. Caregivers sometimes forget how much do and the responsibilityit takes; having Assistance Home Care lessens the burden with quality care and services.

The Rev February 22, 2013

These people put the "Care" in Home Care! I've used three different companies and Assistance Home Care is the one I recommend. The leadership is sincere and the care givers are top drawer.

pad February 22, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about the people and service provided by Assistance Home Care. They provide exceptional service putting the individual client and familiy first. They go above and beyond at every level of care. Allen and his team have become a very important part of our family caring for my Mom and Dad.

Calc February 22, 2013

My mother had fallen several times in the previous month and the last spill was bad enough to teke to the ER. Along with the doctor we decided against her will that she needed help, Assisted living is what she required, but the facility we wanted did not have an opening. So until thenwe needed some help, an Assisted Living was the bridge we needed.

My mother fought us on this. She felt she was fine. About a month past and a room opened. Now she does not want to go to the home, she is very happy with Assistane Home Care and wants to stay in her condo.

While this is not an option, it worked out better than we could have hope for. I would strongly recommend them and will tell friends who are in the same situation about Assisatnce Home Care.

grandma Lucy February 22, 2013

I am so very pleased with Assistance Home Care and their relationship to my elderly (95 yr young) cousin. My cousin has the perfect match for his needs. Margie is warm, caring, always ready to meet John's every need. She has great insight into what is needed. I never worry when I know that Assistance Home Care and Margie are on the job.

I am impressed to the individual attention that is given by Assistance Home Care to find the right match for their clients. If a replacement is needed do to illness or emergencies, Chrissy from Assistance Home Care is very sure to get a person who 'gel' with my cousin. I feel blessed that we have found this wonderful agency and their very caring staff. I would highly recommend them to any family who is in need of high quality care for their loved one.

From Assistance Home Care

Worry Free Comfort for Your Loved One:

Need home care assistance or live in care for an aging parent or a loved one? We understand that few things are more unsettling than knowing that your parent or loved one is home alone and in need of care. Every day families juggle between caring for their parents, working, and maintaining a busy family life of their own. We are here to help you and your family by providing customized care solutions. We are there with you to answer your home care questions and help you and your family every step of the way to make informed decisions on the best possible aging in place options in the St. Louis area for you and your loved one.

Companion Care

• Providing socialization, friendship, conversation and support
  • Encourage and assist with hobbies and personal interests
  • Entertaining (games, gardening, crafts, reading, etc.)
  • Going on walks and encouraging and participating in stimulating activities
  • Helping with correspondence to family and friends
  • Providing respite for family caregivers

Personal Care

• Assistance and supervision with ambulation and helping to prevent falls
  • Dressing and grooming assistance
  • Assistance with a safe bathing environment
  • Providing hygiene assistance
  • Assistance with feeding
  • Reminder services (medications, dates, routines, etc.)

Household Support

• Preparing and serving meals according to client's dietary needs
  • Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use, washing dishes after meals and mopping the floor
  • Cleaning the client's room, this includes dusting and vacuuming
  • Taking care of personal laundry and bed linens for the client
  • Making and changing the bed
  • Home safety evaluation
  • Physician appointment coordination

Transportation / Errands Support

• Driving and/or accompanying the client to the physician
  • Shopping and performing other household errands
  • Transportation and escort to religious services, visit with friends across town or other social activities

We offer the following additional benefits:

• No long term contracts or commitments
  • Reach us live - available 24/7 - 365 days a year
  • We accept credit cards and most Long Term Care Insurance policies

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Validation Therapy, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes