Right at Home Montgomery County, MD

Contact Now

Reviews of Right at Home Montgomery County, MD

Sandra Ymbert February 02, 2016

Margaret is a loving, caring person. She is a hard worker and very respectful to me.

Wadas February 02, 2016

I didn’t think I would like having someone into my home. Then I met my caregiver. I like and trust her. She’s like part of the family.

Aladj February 02, 2016

My caregiver is perfect. I don’t know what we would do without her. We rely on her and thank goodness we have her.

Taylor3 January 30, 2016

I like this company. They take care of me. They meet my needs and get things done.

F. Simon January 29, 2016

I like my caregiver that comes. She was nice and very accommodating. She has an accent, but I don’t mind.

Lacy3 January 29, 2016

I really feel good about the service. No complaints. The caregiver does a good job.

Marie Windsor December 31, 2015

Always willing to do what she needs. She is always happy and cheerful. Always on time and great driver.

Onar Cinar December 31, 2015

Polite, nice attitude, helpful and responsible. Dependable, integrity, honest and very clean person. He feels he hit the jackpot with his provider and mom loves him too.

Reviewer29 December 31, 2015

My caregiver drives me back and forth to the YMCA three days a week. Most people sit on the side and wait, but she participates to be close to me making sure I'm alright. The rest of the club knows her and like her, noticing when she's not there. I really like her (my caregiver), she's like family to me.

Mr Lanahan December 31, 2015

I have had some good caregivers over time with RAH. Some will go out of their way to help me.

Mrs Kusuwita December 31, 2015

I am happy to know, when I call the office for a caregiver, they send one. I'm not sure who is coming but I know someone will.

Jeff Brown December 30, 2015

Licensed, insured, bonded agency. The caregivers they provided for my father’s had hands on dementia experience and improved the well-being of my father.

W. Howard December 30, 2015

My son found the company. I find no fault in anything. So far, so good.

Mrs. Roonan December 30, 2015

I love my caregiver, Megan.

M. Windsor December 30, 2015

For me Right at Home has been very good. The schedule is great and any questions I have are answered. Everybody’s very polite and my caregiver is always so pleasant.

Valerie Levy April 17, 2015

Right at Home has been very attentive and organized and willing to please. Lyn has been great. She is a willing efficient and competent. I would recommend and use your agency anytime I need this kind of care and services.

D. Casanove February 26, 2015

I've been with RAH for over a year. I've had few caregivers, but since Juliana it’s been smooth sailing. Thank you Right at Home.

Chris P. August 28, 2013

I just started using Right at Home for my dad. The first visit was not good at all. There were several things that happened. I let them know exactly what went on. There are a lot of foreigners that are working in those positions and it is difficult to find somebody that can speak English clearly so that my dad can understand. I only had one person out here and when I called up the person who set me up with the process, he started to say, "Man, I keep having this problem," and from that little comment, I started to doubt my decision about them. My father would have his heels dug in the sand about having somebody here anyway, but from what I could see, she would not be somebody that I could trust in making a good decision in an emergency. She didn't even know how to use a regular drip coffee maker and I felt that was deplorable. She didn't even know what the Philip LifeLine pendant was. I mean, how could you not know of that? This person definitely was not properly trained. We have a dog and ahead of time I let them know there was a dog and when she showed up here, she acted all afraid. I was like, 'Look, you knew about the dog, if there's a problem, then we'll just find somebody else, let's not even continue this meet-and-greet session here.' My dad soiled himself in the shower while she was here and he cleaned what he could and he is 84 years old. So when I came back home after the weekend, I discovered stuff all over the bathroom that he missed, and then the soiled towels were sitting on the floor in front of the washing machine. I thought that was pretty horrible. That's disgusting and that's their job! Their caregivers are supposed also to be able to provide the clients with rides to the store or wherever they want to go, and they are paid per mile. Well, she said her fuel was low in her car and that she didn't have enough gas to do anything but go back home. However, they ended up going out and my dad puts $10 worth of gas in her car to go 3 miles away. She even let him buy her some stuff in the store. I called up and told them that under no circumstances should anyone accept their clients to buy them things because they can very easily get taken advantage of. Although, I would give them one more chance.

My name is Lew Myers, President, Right at Home of Montgomery county. I have been involved in this case since the original incident occurred. We have been proactive and taken appropriate steps to address this client’s daughter’s concerns as soon as we were made aware as follows:

• We replaced the caregiver. Based on the daughter’s feedback, she and her dad are both extremely satisfied with the new/current caregiver.

• We no longer use the services of the noted caregiver for any of our clients.

Here at Right at Home Montgomery County we make every effort to screen, hire and train caregivers that will delight our clients. Our process entails multiple steps leading up to hiring, including: use of an online evaluation tool, telephone screen, multiple in-person interviews, background check, skills evaluation, drug test, and finally a check of the caregiver’s references. Once we decide to hire the caregiver, they participate in an extensive orientation process that includes exposure to use of emergency alert products as well as affirmation of cooking skills. Unfortunately, a caregiver will occasionally turn out to be different/less than what they represented themselves to be. This was the case with this caregiver and this was the caregiver’s first case working for Right at Home. While we make every effort to ensure a quality caregiver, occasionally we are fooled.

In terms of the comment “Man, I keep having this problem,” I believe the client’s daughter was referring to a comment by the representative from Caring.com, who was probably referring generally to Home Care rather than specifically to Right at Home of Montgomery County. We spend thousands of hours each week caring for clients and rarely do we receive this type of feedback, as evidenced by our other reviews.

We are very sorry that the first caregiver didn’t work out and continue to strive to make improvements to ensure that this type of situation is minimized. We are extremely happy that we have been able since to rectify the situation and provide excellent services to the client and his daughter.

Sylvia8 June 28, 2013

Helps with grocery shopping and drives me when I can't get up to do it myself.

Ginny2 June 27, 2013

We love the service for our parents from this company. Gloria does a wonderful job keeping us informed of any concerns or changes in caregivers. Natoya is a GREAT live-in caregiver. Our parents both think she is great and she has helped an incalcuable amount with our mother's care.

Patricia19 June 27, 2013

I love all aspects of your company. Kudos to all! Gloria and Melanie both deserve 5 stars! Many thanks! She's my mom "95 years young".

Craiger Kay October 01, 2012

Right at Home has been my rock for the better part of 5 years since my father's symptoms relegate him mostly to his apartment. I have round the clock care. There have been of course the few bad apples but for the most part, their management staff has problem solved around it

Ellen R. April 20, 2009

My loved one used this service

We used Right at Home to take care of my mom. The staff in the office were very friendly and involved in my mom's care. The caregiver they assigned to my mom, became her best friend. She really was a part of the family. I would highly recommend Right at Home to anyone looking for care at home.

From Right at Home Montgomery County, MD