Right at Home Montgomery County, MD

Hcp_cert

Reviews of Right at Home Montgomery County, MD

September 07, 2017

By Patrick_M

We tried several home care agencies, and Right at Home is the one we stuck with. They are an outstanding agency that provided high quality, thoughtful, and consistent care for my dad during a very challenging time. Tracy, our community relations manager, was readily accessible to provide the right caregivers and get them to us at various locations and under a shifting timeline. The caregivers were each extremely knowledgable, very professional, and took care of my dad like he was their own father. We could not have been happier with Right at Home. This is an outstanding company, and I'd recommend them to anyone who needs a professional caregiver.

September 07, 2017

By Patricia A_520421

Right at Home's caregivers have all been dependable. I have never been left stranded. They all vary in the way that they do things. The services have been very good. The fact that they are dependable has been the most helpful.

August 14, 2017

By Rachel P_511085

We are very satisfied with Right at Home's services. Right at Home has lightened my mom's load. The caregiver makes sure that my mom is taken care of.

August 11, 2017

By Paul W_510202

I would tell others that Right at Home is a good company to hire. Whatever the caregivers are assigned to do, they do.

August 11, 2017

By John H_510180

I would refer Right at Home to a friend because I am satisfied with the way the caregivers work with the patient. The agency has respected my request to send caregivers and they are well-trained and have been working out very well. Right at Home's caregivers take much of the patient care under control, by exercises and assisting with bathing needs. The caregiver does well in providing the care and communicating to me about changes in the care. I don't have to give the patient baths.

August 09, 2017

By Annette L_508958

Right at Home is dependable and has good personnel. The services from Right at Home are necessary for us.

August 09, 2017

By Anonymous_508936

It is hard to find caregivers to match our schedule. During the time that we use Right at Home, it makes things much easier, but it doesn't solve all of our problems.

August 07, 2017

By Bernard and Rosemary H_507514

We have a very good caregiver that comes to see us. The services started in January, and I was in a wheelchair, but now through my therapy that my caregiver takes me to, I hardly use a wheelchair. I can also drive my car, and I've recovered pretty well.

August 07, 2017

By Linda S_507480

Right at Home's caregivers are very good, efficient, and on time. My caregiver has a good attitude when she comes in. She helps me with whatever I ask of her, and it's good working with her.

July 24, 2017

By Dorothy K_500063

Most of the people from Right at Home are great. Right at Home doesn't seem to able to fill the position when a caregiver can't come. I have to go along with the services because I can't do much. I wish they could show up on time and not have care trouble.

July 21, 2017

By Grace J_499586

I would recommend Right at Home because I was satisfied with them. Right at Home's caregivers tend to me, look after me, and ask me what I need. Right at Home makes me feel comfortable.

By Bernardine M_498964

The care that I was given was really good. I needed someone to talk to once or twice and I was not charged for that. The services impacted me because I knew that Right at Home was there and I was able to rely on Right at Home. This was a time that I really needed care.

By Edward and Anna H_498951

Right at Home is very punctual, professional, and friendly. Right at Home assists my wife in cooking.

By Louis S_498949

Right at Home has always been there for my father and has made life easier by reducing a burden for me. I don't have to be there as much with my father anymore and I am not trained to help him like the caregivers are at Right at Home.

By Marian B_492684

I would tell others that Right at Home is very available. I would tell them that it is a very reliable company and they do a great job at offering assistance. The services make Maria's life easier by giving her someone to care for her when no one else is at home. They have offered the proper care.

By Anonymous_492666

Right at Home can improve by improving the way they handle their billing. The services make the client's life easier by enabling them to move around the house and maintain their normal lifestyle.

By Diane C_492663

Right at Home is a good, helpful company. My caregivers come on time. My caregivers give me showers and get me dressed.

June 28, 2017

By Regis S_489550

I am happy with the care that the client is getting from his caregiver.

June 23, 2017

By Edward C_487773

It may take time to find the right caregiver through Right at Home, but it's worth the wait.

June 20, 2017

By Jean A_485716

Right at Home has done a good job for me. I've been pretty independent, but they offer driving services for me.

June 14, 2017

By Helen L_483009

I have had good service through Right at Home. Every caregiver I've had has been very patient and good.

June 08, 2017

By Bernard J_480930

Right at Home provides good caregivers and good service.

May 18, 2017

By William H_472255

Right at Home are an excellent service, and the caregivers are really good and easy to work with.

May 17, 2017

By Jessie S_471984

Right at Home tries really hard to work with the client and get caregivers that are compatible for the client.

May 17, 2017

By maryinmaryland

Our family began using Right at Home's Rockville office in October 2016 to care for my Dad after he experienced several medical issues that changed his circumstances from fully independent to dependent upon help for a lot of basic activities of daily living (ADLs) within only a few months. When we first contacted Right At Home, we were very impressed by the level of care and communication given right from the start. What is even more impressive is that same level of commitment, care, and communication has been maintained every day since October 2016 by every staff member, and it is now mid-May 2017. That says a lot about the level of dedication and competence of the entire organization, which is not always easy to find. One of the things that sets Right At Home apart from other agencies is that their caregivers are all employees of the company (as opposed to 1099 independent contractors), and those staff members are carefully screened and matched to clients. Every caregiver with whom we have worked has been wonderful...EVERY SINGLE ONE. We have our two core caregivers (Doris and Jules) who see Dad every day and take excellent care of him, treating him as lovingly as if he was their own family (and these two particular caregivers are like family to us). Because they make sure that Dad is always impeccably bathed and groomed, make sure he takes his medications, carefully document his mood/energy level/activities on a daily basis, and help him with his physical therapy exercises, Dad's overall condition has vastly improved over the past several months. The skills, dedication, and heart that Right At Home staff members Doris and Jules provide have been invaluable to his progress and my ability to work and handle other affairs, because I know that Dad is well-cared for and that he is engaging in activities that he enjoys. The office staff, managers, and owners are also absolutely wonderful, helping us to navigate the issues/obstacles that so often come with seeking reimbursement from long term care insurance, as well as referring Dad to the VA care benefits program to help defray costs if he is deemed eligible. I never would have even known to apply to that if the Right At Home Managers/Owners had not suggested it and provided the application paperwork. Our overall experience with this care provider has been absolutely wonderful, and it is very comforting to have this type of caring and qualified resource available to ensure that loved ones get the excellent care that they deserve. I highly recommend Right At Home Rockville and cannot thank them enough for all they have done for our family.

May 12, 2017

By Anonymous_469200

Some of Right at Home's caregivers were competent, and others weren't.

May 09, 2017

By Fred J_467586

Right at Home has great aides and a great service that they provide.

May 05, 2017

By Ruth M_466237

I would recommend Right at Home. The services are excellent.

April 26, 2017

By Jerry J

Right at Home helps me know that my father is cared for. I know he is eating and interacting well, which gives us peace of mind. We really work as a team with Right at Home to care for him.

April 24, 2017

By Edith F

I wouldn't be able to go on with my daily life if I didn't have my caregivers from Right at Home.

April 11, 2017

By Goldie B

Right at Home helps my wife with the bathroom, eating, getting dressed, and they provide her with companionship. They are good at helping her when I am away and that gives me peace of mind.

April 07, 2017

By Anonymous

Right at Home takes care of the client and provides whatever care they are supposed to have just like any other agency.

April 06, 2017

By Rickey J

The nurse does a good job at everything.

March 23, 2017

By Paulita S

The service helps me with everything that the caregivers and I decide is the most important within four hours.

March 21, 2017

By Lea A

I can go to work and know that my wife is taken care of.

By Melinda G

It was helpful that the caregivers helped clean the house and helped my wife get around.

By Gordan M

There are not big things, but I would like to see a bill monthly instead of every week. It seems likes more paperwork.

By Cheryl A

The services are what I seemed to expect they would be.

March 07, 2017

By Barbara H

You cannot put a price tag on having someone care for your spouse while you are not in the home, so I can't rate the impact of the services.

February 23, 2017

By Janet W

The services help me in everything.

February 22, 2017

By Marrieo H

The services help my son bathe.

February 09, 2017

By Anonymous

The current caregiver from Right at Home is great and that is why I would recommend them.

February 06, 2017

By Dharam D

I can't do a lot of things myself, so I depend on them for some things. I enjoy their company. Everything they do is good, but I only use them for cooking and cleaning.

February 06, 2017

By Onur C

Right at Home has made my life a little easier by being reliable and giving me house time, which I appreciate.

January 16, 2017

By Dave Frost

Home care provided expert advice while answering our many questions about managing the in home care for my mother in law. They provided excellent care and communicated with us in our time of need. I would not hesitate to refer Right at Home to anyone seeking professional, affordable and caring home care for their loved ones.

August 25, 2016

By Katherine S

Hello, this card is not big enough for me to say just how much we appreciated the help that you provided. The caregiver was very attentive to all of the needs. And she dresses so nice and just a beautiful personality. Words can not express how much I thank you for all your help.

May 11, 2016

By TAFriedrich

Other

I used Right at Home services in connection with in/out surgery involving intravenous sedation, My caregiver drove me to the surgical center and drove me home after the procedure. And she did much more than that--she was professional, attentive, helped me get myself together after the surgery, and listened to my discharge orders, reminding me of post-op procedures that I had not heard. She made sure I was comfortable before she left me at home, At all times I felt I was in capable and knowledgeable hands. .

May 11, 2016

By AnitaNFCWP

We used Right at Home for my mother for two weeks. They were very good and helpful as needed with food preparation and once in a while, some laundry. They didn't really need to do anything personal. We chose them because of location and the services they offer.

February 26, 2016

By Albert13

The caregiver has been very mechanical and she continued to adapt to everything. She's a great companion aide and assistant for me.

February 14, 2016

By Cinar

My caregiver is like a son to me. He is honest, caring, and very clean. He is the best thing that has happened to me and my mother. I wouldn't change a thing.

By Sandra Ymbert

Margaret is a loving, caring person. She is a hard worker and very respectful to me.

By Wadas

I didn’t think I would like having someone into my home. Then I met my caregiver. I like and trust her. She’s like part of the family.

By Aladj

My caregiver is perfect. I don’t know what we would do without her. We rely on her and thank goodness we have her.

January 30, 2016

By Taylor3

I like this company. They take care of me. They meet my needs and get things done.

January 29, 2016

By F. Simon

I like my caregiver that comes. She was nice and very accommodating. She has an accent, but I don’t mind.

January 29, 2016

By Lacy3

I really feel good about the service. No complaints. The caregiver does a good job.

By Marie Windsor

Always willing to do what she needs. She is always happy and cheerful. Always on time and great driver.

By Onar Cinar

Polite, nice attitude, helpful and responsible. Dependable, integrity, honest and very clean person. He feels he hit the jackpot with his provider and mom loves him too.

By Reviewer29

My caregiver drives me back and forth to the YMCA three days a week. Most people sit on the side and wait, but she participates to be close to me making sure I'm alright. The rest of the club knows her and like her, noticing when she's not there. I really like her (my caregiver), she's like family to me.

By Mr Lanahan

I have had some good caregivers over time with RAH. Some will go out of their way to help me.

By Mrs Kusuwita

I am happy to know, when I call the office for a caregiver, they send one. I'm not sure who is coming but I know someone will.

By Jeff Brown

Licensed, insured, bonded agency. The caregivers they provided for my father’s had hands on dementia experience and improved the well-being of my father.

By W. Howard

My son found the company. I find no fault in anything. So far, so good.

By Mrs. Roonan

I love my caregiver, Megan.

By M. Windsor

For me Right at Home has been very good. The schedule is great and any questions I have are answered. Everybody’s very polite and my caregiver is always so pleasant.

April 17, 2015

By Valerie Levy

Right at Home has been very attentive and organized and willing to please. Lyn has been great. She is a willing efficient and competent. I would recommend and use your agency anytime I need this kind of care and services.

February 26, 2015

By D. Casanove

I've been with RAH for over a year. I've had few caregivers, but since Juliana it’s been smooth sailing. Thank you Right at Home.

August 28, 2013

By Chris P.

I just started using Right at Home for my dad. The first visit was not good at all. There were several things that happened. I let them know exactly what went on. There are a lot of foreigners that are working in those positions and it is difficult to find somebody that can speak English clearly so that my dad can understand. I only had one person out here and when I called up the person who set me up with the process, he started to say, "Man, I keep having this problem," and from that little comment, I started to doubt my decision about them. My father would have his heels dug in the sand about having somebody here anyway, but from what I could see, she would not be somebody that I could trust in making a good decision in an emergency. She didn't even know how to use a regular drip coffee maker and I felt that was deplorable. She didn't even know what the Philip LifeLine pendant was. I mean, how could you not know of that? This person definitely was not properly trained. We have a dog and ahead of time I let them know there was a dog and when she showed up here, she acted all afraid. I was like, 'Look, you knew about the dog, if there's a problem, then we'll just find somebody else, let's not even continue this meet-and-greet session here.' My dad soiled himself in the shower while she was here and he cleaned what he could and he is 84 years old. So when I came back home after the weekend, I discovered stuff all over the bathroom that he missed, and then the soiled towels were sitting on the floor in front of the washing machine. I thought that was pretty horrible. That's disgusting and that's their job! Their caregivers are supposed also to be able to provide the clients with rides to the store or wherever they want to go, and they are paid per mile. Well, she said her fuel was low in her car and that she didn't have enough gas to do anything but go back home. However, they ended up going out and my dad puts $10 worth of gas in her car to go 3 miles away. She even let him buy her some stuff in the store. I called up and told them that under no circumstances should anyone accept their clients to buy them things because they can very easily get taken advantage of. Although, I would give them one more chance.

My name is Lew Myers, President, Right at Home of Montgomery county. I have been involved in this case since the original incident occurred. We have been proactive and taken appropriate steps to address this client’s daughter’s concerns as soon as we were made aware as follows:

• We replaced the caregiver. Based on the daughter’s feedback, she and her dad are both extremely satisfied with the new/current caregiver.

• We no longer use the services of the noted caregiver for any of our clients.

Here at Right at Home Montgomery County we make every effort to screen, hire and train caregivers that will delight our clients. Our process entails multiple steps leading up to hiring, including: use of an online evaluation tool, telephone screen, multiple in-person interviews, background check, skills evaluation, drug test, and finally a check of the caregiver’s references. Once we decide to hire the caregiver, they participate in an extensive orientation process that includes exposure to use of emergency alert products as well as affirmation of cooking skills. Unfortunately, a caregiver will occasionally turn out to be different/less than what they represented themselves to be. This was the case with this caregiver and this was the caregiver’s first case working for Right at Home. While we make every effort to ensure a quality caregiver, occasionally we are fooled.

In terms of the comment “Man, I keep having this problem,” I believe the client’s daughter was referring to a comment by the representative from Caring.com, who was probably referring generally to Home Care rather than specifically to Right at Home of Montgomery County. We spend thousands of hours each week caring for clients and rarely do we receive this type of feedback, as evidenced by our other reviews.

We are very sorry that the first caregiver didn’t work out and continue to strive to make improvements to ensure that this type of situation is minimized. We are extremely happy that we have been able since to rectify the situation and provide excellent services to the client and his daughter.

June 28, 2013

By Sylvia8

Helps with grocery shopping and drives me when I can't get up to do it myself.

June 27, 2013

By Ginny2

We love the service for our parents from this company. Gloria does a wonderful job keeping us informed of any concerns or changes in caregivers. Natoya is a GREAT live-in caregiver. Our parents both think she is great and she has helped an incalcuable amount with our mother's care.

June 27, 2013

By Patricia19

I love all aspects of your company. Kudos to all! Gloria and Melanie both deserve 5 stars! Many thanks! She's my mom "95 years young".

October 01, 2012

By Craiger Kay

Right at Home has been my rock for the better part of 5 years since my father's symptoms relegate him mostly to his apartment. I have round the clock care. There have been of course the few bad apples but for the most part, their management staff has problem solved around it

April 20, 2009

By Ellen R.

My loved one used this service

We used Right at Home to take care of my mom. The staff in the office were very friendly and involved in my mom's care. The caregiver they assigned to my mom, became her best friend. She really was a part of the family. I would highly recommend Right at Home to anyone looking for care at home.

From Right at Home Montgomery County, MD