Right at Home South Shore

Contact Now

Reviews of Right at Home South Shore

kjripley August 29, 2014

Right at Home provides care for my father who is 81 years old and has numerous health issues and limited mobility. Frank C., owner/CEO of Right at Home, is very responsive and strives to ensure that the patient gets the best and most suitable care possible. My dad has had outstanding caregivers (Bridget, Lucy, and Shawntia) who handle him with the care that they would their own father. They do an outstanding job with a very difficult situation.

Kate O April 18, 2014

It took a long time to convince my mother that we needed to get her a bit of help everyday but we are one month in to using Right at Home and we are all so happy with the service. Mom loves her caregiver--she is kind and so hard working! I highly recommend this company.

Mwilcox April 07, 2014

I have enjoyed working with this provider for over a year now. It has helped our family a lot and taking a lot of the stress away by managing our parents day to day life. Ann O. has kept a very watchful eye on them and lets us know if one of them is not feeling well or had a fall. We appreciate there heads up approach. Thank you, Right at Home

Teri O. March 10, 2014

I couldn't have asked for better care for my mother than Right at Home. The care provider was warm, compassionate, and extremely conscientious in attending to my mom. I highly recommend Right at Home to anyone struggling with caring for an aging parent.

Caring76260050 December 24, 2013

Before my husband passed away, I had in-home care for him from Right at Home. They're basically okay. We had them for a little more than a week. Once I hired them, they had somebody that day. There were four different caregivers but only one came at a time. They were assisting my husband with almost everything. They helped him dressed and bathed him. They're okay except for one of their caretakers. I found my husband asleep in his chair and this caretaker was asleep of all things in my husband's bed. I got very angry over that and I didn't pay for those hours. I was very disappointed with that person. However, the other three people were excellent. They had great attitude and they were very competent.

Right at Home South Shore takes great pride in the quality and competence of our caregivers. First, we begin the process of selecting less than 40% of the applicants that apply for employment. We seek candidates that not only have the skills and compassion to want to work with the elderly, but also, those candidates must have excellent communication skills because companionship and conversation is one of the most important benefits that we bring to our clients.

All of our caregivers complete a comprehensive orientation program and must pass a competency test before they are placed with a client. Each caregiver is closely supervised by a nurse to ensure that they are following the customized plan of care that is developed for each client's needs. We encourage constructive feedback from all of our clients about any complaints or observations noticed about one of our caregivers because we'll make sure our clients' care experience is just right.

not4u2bee December 17, 2013

All the Right at Home staff have been fantastic in caring for my dad and moms care. They have been supportive and have adjusted their schedules to meet the needs of my parents. All have been friendly and have gone beyond our/my expectations.

Mike Sheehan July 04, 2013

Right at Home/Rockland took care of my father before he passed, and they were spectacular. So was he, and he deserved their warm, compassionate, competent service. I cannot recommend them highly enough, as they allowed Dad to die peacefully, at home, and on his own terms, which was his, and our, wish.

David18 March 20, 2013

Right at Home helped my family and I trough the many stages of elderly care. From just needing an extra hand around the house all the way to 24 hours hospile care. They have been excellent in selecting the right people for the job. I've recommend them to others who in turn have appreciated the services they provide.

Barbara17 February 26, 2013

Right At Home is and excellent company. Their caregivers are kind, helpful, and very nice people. You are never left without good care. The office staff are always helpful in every way.

D. Mauch February 19, 2013

RAH has provided a continous level of superior, professional companionship service to our 82 year old Mother who is afflicted with several Alzheimers-related medical issues. Through 24/7 supervision, RAH thoughtfully selected and assembled a qualified team of caring companions and nurses who have demonstrated an extraordinary committment and compassion often in a challenging environment. Tasked with several responsibilities ranging from grocery shopping, to light house keeping, medical appointments, and personal assistance, RAH's caregivers have dramatically improved our Mother's overall socialization, disposition and well-being.

maryherrington September 17, 2012

Michelle was amazing!! I needed someone to come in and be my "wife"....a housekeeper, a companion, a chef and a friend. She walked my dog, helped with laundry, cleaned my house, made me breakfast or lunch when asked. She truly helped my recovery because she lessened the stress.

JJBB71 September 05, 2012

We started working with Right at Home about a month ago to provide services for my mother who has Alzheimer's and to provide support to my father (her primary caregiver) six days a week. So far we have had an excellent experience. The caregivers are supportive, caring people and have given my Dad a much deserved break as well as provide knowledgeable care for my Mom. I have also been impressed with the structures and processes put in place to insure that we get consistent, reliable care. Our relationship with Right at Home is still new but we couldn't be happier.

Susan9 June 12, 2012

I would recommend Right at Home to anyone looking for a home health aide. They were very professional and each person who helped along the way - from the owners to the nurse in charge of our care to the home health aides themselves, were kind and caring. My father was well-cared for each day.

SuziCarroll February 28, 2012

Cannot say enough wonderful things about Right at Home. Right at home was originally hired just to help with medications for my 83 year old father as he was alone in his home in Massachusetts while his four daughters live in Florida. As anyone that has an elderly loved one that lives out of state knows..it's hard to worry from afar. It was a great relief to know that Right at Home was checking on him and keeping in touch with us in Florida. The nurse was trustworthy, caring, kind and just fantastic in every way. Right at Home spent much time on the phone with us to help choose and get him into a rehab facility after he was sick last year, which I always felt was above and beyond. Just recently I was up in Massachusetts with my father because he had developed an infection. My dad refused to go to the hospital and the nurse from Right at Home stayed with us for an extra 4 hours or so until we could finally get the help my father desperately needed at the hospital. Again above and beyond. The Right at Home nurse was like an angel during this stressful time. Five stars is not enough to rate how much Right at Home helped us with our dad.

lheineman January 23, 2012

I am the son of a client of Right at Home South Shore, and wanted to report that my frail 91 year-old father (and his children) have had a very positive experience with this agency for more than three years. Right at Home has been very accommodating to my father's changing needs, both for different levels of care and for the number of hours of care he receives each week.

My father has had some wonderful caregivers over the years who have gone above and beyond in providing care to him. In particular, it has been extremely helpful that Right at Home caregivers have been able to drive my father to shopping, medical appointments, and other activities. Especially on the South Shore, where transportation for elderly and disabled people can be very difficult (if not completely non-existent), this more than anything else has allowed my father to stay in his home and maintain the best quality of life possible. In response to the poster who reported that some of Right at Home's caregivers did not speak English, that has never been my experience in the many years we have used the agency.

Finally, I have been very impressed with Right at Home's careful attention to my father's medications. Like many older people, my father has a bewildering number and variety of medications, many of which change in dosage levels on a regular basis. I am often confused by exactly how much he is taking of a particular medication at any point in time, especially since each medication has more than one name. With a well-trained Right at Home RN filling my father's pill organizer once a week, and staying on top of the frequent dosage changes by being in contact with his physician, this is one aspect of my father's health that I no longer worry about. This has been a great relief.

ten happy children January 04, 2012

As many children of elderly parents have experienced, our parents were always very independent, strong and healthy, and they wanted to stay that way. However, as the years passed and dimentia took hold of our father, we could see that he required more help than our mother was physically and emotionally capable of providing on a long-term, daily basis. We tried to patch the day to day needs together with siblings dropping by to help, but with work and families of our own, it just became too difficult. This is when we were blessed to have several people recommend Right At Home out of Rockland, Mass. This company has been an such an amazing help to our parents and our entire family. Our mother at first was very reluctant to accept that she needed outside help and only permitted us to start with someone to come in 2 mornings per week. In just a few short months, my mother requested that we ask to have the caregiver from Right at Home come three, then four, then five days per week, as our father's dimentia worsened. Our parents and our entire family grew to trust and love this caregiver, who has become an indispensible companion working tirelessly to provide a high level of in-home care. She is ALWAYS punctual, runs errands, brings our parents to appointments if we can't, keeps the house neat and clean, cooks wonderful and healthy meals, keeps our father on a consistent schedule, and most importantly, shows compassion, provides wonderful companionship and conversation, taking an interest in our parents' lives and their happiness and well-being. Especially for our Mom, who has mobility issues, and for whom many tasks and hobbies have been put aside to care for our Dad, it warms our hearts to see the Right at Home Caregiver asking our Mom what she wants to accomplish this week, and then helping her to execute the project our task, whether it is sending out holiday cards, wrapping birthday gifts for grandchildren, or carving out time to do her geneology research. Over time, as our father's dimentia has brought on further decline, we now have overnight care through Right at Home as well. Every caregiver who comes for the overnight shift is punctual, professional, ENGLISH- SPEAKING, caring, consistent and very capable to handle the nightly routine. Our mother can now get a prper night's rest without the worry of our father getting up during the night, wandering or falling down. The overnight caregivers help our Dad get changed and ready for bed, help them both to the bathroom during the night and set them up for the day before leaving the next morning. We can not emphasize enough how pleased we have been, and what a sense of relief we feel to know that our parents are being so well-cared for while staying in the home that they love. We would recommend Right-at-Home to anyone in the area who is considering in-home care for any reason or for any length of time. The management is extremely responsive, professional and caring and the emphasis that they place in the screening and education of their caregivers really shows. We know that our parents are safer and more rested with the help of Right at Home, and we, their children are much more at ease knowing that compassionate and professional caregivers are taking such wonderful care of our Mom and Dad.

mrc January 04, 2012

I give the highest recommendation to this company. My 94 year old mother recently returned to her independent living residence following a severe case of pneumonia and several weeks at a rehab hospital. She was extremely weak,depressed and suffering severe anxiety. She could never have continued to live independently without the support of Right at Home for about a month. A Right of Home manager/nurse met us at the hospital to develop the plan, consulted with the social worker, called us to confirm the arrangements prior to start-up, and personally introduced each aid who would be providing service. All details of service were implemented as planned. Service quality was very high. All staff workers were US citizens who spoke English as a first language. They all developed close relationships with my mother. Gradually, we were able to taper down the services (which started as almost 24/7) as my mother regained her independent living skills.

dermpath11 January 03, 2012

Hello, I am a Health Care Proxy, Power of Attorney to an elderly gentleman who I have know for over 30 years. He is like a member of my family. After "Ray" had a bad fall at the assisted living facility, I wanted Ray to have round-the-clock caregiving assistance, since he was at a high risk of having another fall. I have been very impressed with the Right at Home owners, as well as with the caregivers they have sent to assist Ray. The caregivers provide very detailed documentation in the daily notebook, so I can see at a glance how the shifts have been going. It is really a plus that the owner's wife is a nurse. She is very caring and very knowledgable about Ray's condition. My needs were very much in the respite category this time, however, I would like to continue using the RIght at Home Services for transporting Ray to doctor's appointments, etc. I would highly recommend Right at Home! It really will give you peace of mind, knowing that your loved one is receiving the best individualized care! Take good care, Wendy

satisfied client December 28, 2011

My mother is a current client of Right at Home in Rockland. When my family and I decided earlier this year that she needed more assistance than we could provide, I explored assisted living, adult day centers and in home care to find the right solution for her. After a number of conversations with the owners of Right at Home regarding my mother's care and checking their references, we decided that keeping my mother at home with Right at Home was the best thing for her.

We have 5 caregivers helping my mother throughout the week, and all of them have been wonderful. When selecting caregivers I do think it's important that they can communicate effectively with the client, and the caregivers we have all speak English perfectly. More importantly the caregivers proactively communicate about my mother's needs. If they notice something might have changed for her, they'll call me or the owners of the agency with what they've noticed so that we can address anything that needs to be addressed.

Caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease is not easy, and I've been so impressed with the sensitivity and creativity displayed by our caregivers. They clearly think about what would be fun for her and then plan some activities before they come to her house. They have my mother doing crafts, playing board games and baking with them. They've also greatly improved her diet, and they keep her engaged and participating in the daily activities of life"”they shop and cook together as well as doing the basic home chores. She is much healthier and happier since we've put the home care in place.

I have not had any issues with the bills that we've received"”they're accurate and easy to follow.

I believe that "offended" might have the agency confused with another one. My strongest endorsement comes directly from my mother when she says that there's not one of the caregivers she would trade. We're happy to have my mother at home with high quality care.

CharlesH December 27, 2011

My mom Ellen can't say enough about Right at Home. The caregivers they send out are wonderful. They are always so attentive to her every need. Not only have I and my sister seen a great change in my mom's appearance but she all over attitude is wonderful. We really didn't think she would be so inviting of a stranger into her home. (At first she wasn't). We started with just two days a week now we are up to five. My mom thinks of her caregiver Sally as a God send. Sally is like a part of our family. She traveled with my mom to my sister's house out of town. That was the best; we were all together again. We haven't done that in years. I just want to let you know that Right at Home is the best. Sincerely Charles Holmes & Family.

rpreston420 December 11, 2011

"I just received an email from the very distressed president of Right at Home, based on Hingham Street, in Rockland Mass. She stated that someone had posted a review of her business, saying the caregivers did not speak English and their attendance to the needs of an elder was inconsistent. I will tell you and I would even notarize my statement, telling you, my mother was under the care of Right at Home caregivers (based in Rockland), from Octiber 12th to November 19th of this year. The ONLY reason they are not under hire anymore is, my mother passed away on the 19th. Before my mother arrived home, I had an extensive phone interview, to see if we would be a good fit. I hung up, and called my husband and told him I thought I had found the perfect caregivers for my mother. I also met with the president of the company the day my mother arrived home to ensure we were all on the same page. I knew at that meeting, I had made the right choice. I never had cause to regret hiring these folks. These caregivers truly loved and respected my mother. From the very first interaction the caregivers had my mothers best interest at heart. They were NEVER late, they ALL spoke English (and well). They went out of their way to buy groceries and supplies if I couldn't get down (I live out of state). It is ludicrous to think I would leave my mother in the care of anybody who was incompetent even in the slightest. I called nearly every day. A caregiver answered the phone in a most professional manner, and always gave the phone to my mother so she could talk with me. These caregivers documented EVERYTHING. I also left notes in the notebook, which were carried out to my specifications. The caregivers worked closely with the VNA and HOSPICE. They knew their legal responsibilities and limitations.They never overstepped the legalities of handling or dispensing medications There are RN's on staff, and these RN's were the ones who filled the medications, worked with my mother's primary care doctor, the VNA and HOSPICE. The nursing side of Right at Home was above and beyond professional. The caregivers made meals, did laundry, kept a clean home, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, they CARED FOR my mother. They sat with her, they talked with her, at the end they held her hand, kept her mouth and lips lubricated, and turned her every 2 hours. During the shift before my mother passed away, ANOTHER caregiver spent the night...so there were 2 caregivers. This second caregiver loved my mother so much, she could not bear to NOT be there as my mother faded. The house NEVER smelled like a person was being cared for. It ALWAYS had a pleasant smell. My mother had fresh sheets, sometimes 3 and 4 times a day. The stained sheets were immediately laundered and folded. It is beyond comprehension that ANYONE would post a negative report about the Rockland- based Right at Home business. You have my email. If I can be of any assistance in helping to clear up this distasteful blemish, please contact me. Yours, Robynn Orr-Preston, daughter"

offended June 16, 2011

I interviewed this provider

This agency was careless with our elderly mother.Often times sent non english speaking caregivers,always a high turnover of help. Billing practices a nightmare!

As the owner of this agency, i would like to respond to the negative comment above. I am sorry to learn that you had a bad experience caring for your mother at home, but I believe you may have my agency confused with someone else. The comment that none of my caregivers could speak English is just false because ALL of my caregivers are required to be fluent and clearly understood in English. In fact, 85% of my caregivers are born in the US because of the importance that we place on the ability of our caregivers to interact, converse and socialize with our clients. This philosophy has enabled my agency to become one of the most successful and respected agencies on the South Shore.

-Frank @ RAH