Home Instead Senior Care - Richmond, VA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Richmond, VA

Caring109379650 July 31, 2015

We had Home Instead for my aunt. There was a list of things that we requested, e.g., a little bit of light cleaning and just taking care of my aunt, but they seemingly did not want to do anything. They would take care of my aunt, but the light cleaning and fixing her meals were not done. They just did not do the job. They were just there to make money.

Thank you for posting to Caring.com about your experience, albeit negative, with Home Instead Senior Care. I’m so sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations, and would love to chat with you more about the specific situation so that we may improve upon our services. Without being able to reference this exact case or client, I can only assume that the CAREGiver we paired up with your aunt was simply not the right match based on the tasks assigned in the Plan of Care. We cannot always predict the outcome of a relationship between a client and a CAREGiver, though we do make the match based on skills and personality with the hope that the client and CAREGiver develop a solid rapport. We also always encourage our clients to let us know when that relationship is (and, especially when it is not) working; and, when it is not, we are happy to replace that CAREGiver with no questions asked. Similarly, we always encourage our clients to let us know if our CAREGivers are not completing the tasks assigned to them. In your case, I’m glad to hear that we took care of your aunt but it seems our responsibilities also included light housekeeping and meal preparation, which were not completed. Our Quality Assurance program aims to recognize and improve upon our care with each individual client, but we do rely on the clients and their families to keep us informed since our customer service team cannot be there for every shift with every client. As I said, I apologize that your expectations were not met with our services and I would encourage you to call me (804-527-1100) at your convenience to discuss this case in more detail. –Stephanie, Client Care Consultant

Caring114756250 July 31, 2015

I am the daughter of a person who's curently using Home Instead. I need to let you know that we are just so pleased with our service at this time. Joyce is doing an excellent job and I would like to ask for this to be shared with others. She has found the key to our father's happiness which was his belly. She cooks amazing meals for him and keeps the house spotless. She also focuses on his PT exercises and makes sure that he doesn't suffer from atrophy and can get out when it gets warmer. We are very appreciative!

From Home Instead Senior Care - Richmond, VA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Richmond, VA

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address