Thera Care | Home Care

Contact Now

EocHcp_cert

Reviews of Thera Care | Home Care

Ivy W_513925 August 18, 2017

Thera Home Care's caregivers are very caring and nice. Thera Home Care is qualified to do home care. My mother is very fortunate for the care she is receiving.

John H_513857 August 18, 2017

Thera Home Care is thorough, professional, efficient, and they have delightful people to work with. The client is still getting used to all of the care. As his dementia progresses, he still thinks that the caregiver is here just for me. I'm trying to get him used to the idea that it's for him as well.

John H_513849 August 18, 2017

Thera Home Care is very professional, efficient, thorough, and they have delightful people to work with. Thera Home Care is doing everything that they can. The client is still getting used to all of his care. Due to his progressing dementia, he thinks that the caregiver is here for me. I'm trying to get him to understand that she is here for both of us.

Stephen R_511384 August 15, 2017

Thera Home Care is reliable because they provide care every day and people come when they are supposed to. The services help me to take care of my wife, they make my life about 50% easier.

Kathy R_511293 August 15, 2017

Thera Home Care has great communication. The service makes it so I don't have to worry about my aunt everyday. I know she's taken care of.

Beth a_510911 August 14, 2017

Thera Home Care is professional and caring. They do a really good job. Thera Home Care has helped a lot by monitoring what has been going on with our mother.

Doug M_494935 July 12, 2017

Thera Home Care was very reliable and handled all of the client's needs. The services provided were able to be specifically tailored to my father's needs.

Stu Young April 06, 2017

TheraCare of Redwood City, CA was wonderful in helping the family in caring for our mom in the last stage of her life. They provided in home care that allowed us to care for mom in her home. TheraCare was extremely responsive when we needed the skill help that we no longer could perform.. Within 8 hours of contacting TheraCare, Jamie met with us and had Reni providing the skill care. Though out their engagement with us TheraCare never left us without help. When our mom needed extra help, TheraCare immediately responded and got the extra help we needed. They were there at the end to help us with hospice. We rate all the care givers "rock stars" .

kalebaugh May 05, 2016

We chose TheraCare because of the versatility and skill of their caregivers.. They were always so gracious as our needs constantly changed. Their caregivers were highly skilled, professional, on time, and joyful. We would highly recommend them.

Kathy J September 08, 2015

After almost a year and a half of incredibly frustrating home-care and assisted living experiences, I found Thera Home Care. Few caregivers lasted longer than a week, and there were constant problems with caregivers showing up late or not showing up at all. I was astounded that, after I was told, caregiver after caregiver, that the options were limited, Greg assembled a great team of genuinely caring caregivers who could provide 24/7 care for my 87-year-old mother. She had suffered a severe stroke which resulted in pronounced language deficits, mobility and strength deficits, and some personality issues. On top of this, she was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. I had an opportunity to see all her caregivers in action and was astounded at the rapport that they developed with such an ornery, reluctant, and challenging client. They had to do virtually everything for her: bathroom and toiletry needs; all meal preparation and some feeding; bathing and clothing; keeping the house clean (and everything exactly in its place--to the millimeter); laundry; handling all phone communication, including making doctor appointments and driving her to them, ordering prescription refills, and leading her through therapy exercises. Greg and the caregivers communicated any concerns to me but didn't ever come to me with problems they couldn't handle. But the main thing they did was form a genuine caring relationship with someone who was so resistant. I wish only that we had found Thera Home care a year and a half earlier--it would have made my mother's last years so much nicer.

Caring112122750 June 09, 2015

We used Thera Home Care before for my dad. They were very good. They were doing 24-hour in-home care like bathing, cooking, and all the necessities. He was able to adjust to the caregiver very well.

Paul48 October 31, 2014

I'm happy to recommend Thera Homecare highly. They're a great group. They have been very good to my parents. I came across them because the owner is a graduate of our school, and my father found him quite a while ago even independent of me. My dad had long-term care insurance, and he was using Greg to manage that when he was doing 4 hours a day, 5 days a week and now he is doing 24/7. I've known him from my side, but my dad found him independent of any connection I have. The nature of the service is 24-hour home health care and there are home health workers who administer meds to my parents, get them to bed, wake them up, get them dressed, and so on. My dad has Parkinson's, so he doesn't walk very well. My mom has slight dementia and can barely walk. So in terms of the quality of the health care, it is generally very good and generally excellent. On occasions, we will get a healthcare worker who isn't quite to my parents' satisfaction and within a day, she is replaced, and someone else much better comes in, so Greg is very responsive to making sure my parents are happy. My parents are very happy with them.

From Thera Care

Thera Home Care is a physical therapist-owned company providing professional, affordable, and caring In-Home Living Assistance and Geriatric Care Management for seniors and people with disabilities in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The In-Home Care services we provide are:

• A Home Safety Assessment performed by a Physical Therapist
  • Personalized Home Exercise Programs
  • Caring Companionship, Bed/Wheel Chair Transfers
  • Bathing, Dressing & Grooming, Incontinence Care, Pet Care
  • Light Housekeeping, Laundry & Linen, Meal Preparation, Running Errands
  • Alzheimer's & Dementia Care, Medication Reminders
  • Caregiver Household Employee Placements
  • Every case is assigned a nurse case manager to oversee care and safety

The Geriatric Care Management services we provide are:

• Thorough client & home assessment
  • Professional individualized care plan
  • Coordination and implementation of care plan
  • Crisis management
  • Referrals and tours of Senior Housing options
  • Referrals to an array of other reputable resources
  • Personalized services and attention with one dedicated, licensed geriatric care professional

We help families by taking the time to understand their loved one's needs and then customizing a care solution for their budget. Call us today to schedule your FREE in-home care or geriatric care management assessment or just talk to one of our advisors.

Serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area including: San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Marin, Sonoma, Napa counties, Alameda County and Contra Costa County. Other locations upon request.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes