Home Instead Senior Care - Rancho Cordova, CA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Rancho Cordova, CA

Diane103668950 April 17, 2015

Home Instead is OK now, and they sent us someone who is very nice. The caregiver is very respectful and helpful to my husband; that’s why we wanted him.

High Flight October 07, 2014

Before my Father passed away, he was a client of Home Instead in Nevada City, CA. My Father's wish was to remain in his home during his illness and to die at home. With the help of Home Instead we were able to fulfill his wishes. Since my Dad's wife was no longer capable of giving him competent care, Home Instead stepped in to provide competent and caring Caregivers on a 24 hour basis for the last two months of Dad's life.
I live in Seattle and could not be with my Dad on a daily or even routine basis, it was a blessing to have Home Instead provide Caregivers for my Dad.
For the last week of his life I was able to be with him in addition to having J. from Home Instead assist me with all his caregiving needs. J. was a Godsend. I could not have managed without her. She taught me how to care for his physical needs without causing him further pain. She showed me how to make him more comfortable. She was compassionate and caring and very understanding. I am so grateful that J. from Home Instead was there to help our family at this very difficult time.

Judith34 September 29, 2014

Excellent helper and companion. Always cheerful. Can get client to discuss sports, news, family. Does whatever is necessary.

Patricia99268250 September 23, 2014

Very happy with Home Instead and the caregivers especially Janet. She goes overboard to please.

Melba3 September 21, 2014

Family oriented, kind hearted, caring, joyful, down to earth, very understanding, help with my meds, good driver, good spirit, cook good with the family, encourage me to be positive. Awesome! Fantastic, very giving and sharing with the families. Give lots of water to drink and tea. Healthy foods. Very sweet, cheering and good person. What else can I say? The best caregiver. Pleased and very happy with the care.

Robert98791550 September 12, 2014

They have provided caregivers for both me and my wife for more than five years. All caregivers were compassionate, knowlegeable, well-trained, and honest. I'm highly pleased with Home Instead.

Myron1 September 12, 2014

Tidy. Excellent grocery shopper. Good cook who is attentive and explains why he's having me do something. Very careful in transferring me. Sensitive.

Carolyn98224350 September 01, 2014

She often works beyond the requirements of the job.

Ron31 August 07, 2014

I would highly recommend Home Instead Senior Care. My family was blessed to have very caring, compassionate caregivers. I believe it is important to screen a potential caregiver to make sure that person is the right fit for your loved one. Home Instead worked very close with our family to make sure we received the needed care my mother deserved. Again, I would not hesitate using Home Instead Senior Care.

Ava3 May 16, 2013

So far it's all been really good with Home Instead. They were quick to find someone for us. We have two different caregivers for my father. They're very good. My father loves them.

Honestly February 25, 2012

The only caregiver sent was not only untrained for caregiving (she shared that her only experience was selling wheelchairs) but she needed the money so took a personal care position. She was with us for 2 weeks, after day 2 we knew she would not be a good match, my numerous calls to get a replacement were ignored. A person cannot do a good job if continually worried about getting water on themselves when giving a shower or helping a patient with their balance if they wear inappropriate clothing/shoes = highheeled boots,low cut/reviling tops, and fancy skirts. One day my husband and I saw her washing dishes in water with food floating in - frankly it looked like the garbage disposal backed up Since kitchen hygene is a major issue with us - we believe the looks on our face told her we would not want her back again. Since the office was closed we figured we'd wait until the next morning to call the case manager & give one last chance to change the caregiver to someone with professional knowledge/experience However to my surprise later that night, without so much as asking to hear our side of the events - which would have included our previous requests for a different caregiver - we were received a call informing us we were no longer able to receive services due to the caregiver's lies..Apparently she called Home Instead and told them we asked her to work directly for us. OMG the mere thought of her washing dishes in garbage turns our face green & turns our stomaches.. What a joke- we were NEVER giving a chance to explain what occurred from our standpoint, nor was she trained in caregiving nor dressed appropriately to perform her duties, nor remind the case manager that on day 3 we called & asked for a replacement - the fact she would not work out was completely obviously by day 2, yet we were dropped - although the company's written rules state a client will not be discriminated against for complaining (asking for another caregiver) yet that is just what happened. FYI - apparently only staff can contact the case manager after hours, thus our receiving a call at 9 pm that night from the case manager. Some much for non-discrimination or fair judgement. Their decision wasnt even based on their knowing the caregiver longer than us - unless the fact she started the day before she came to my home as sufficient time to make a character judgement?

eldercaredoc September 01, 2011

The staff they provide are very unreliable, not professional and lack the necessary skills to provide quality in home care to families in need.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Rancho Cordova, CA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Rancho Cordova, CA

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address