Reviews of Home Care Assistance | Raleigh, NC
quality matters May 22, 2012
I interviewed this provider
very quick to respond to info requests, thus the 3 stars-- offered a level of care not quite yet needed, but was impressed with Balanced Care Method, etc--
MichaelG December 29, 2011
I am a past client of this provider
My mother's passing was met with great sadness in our family. We greatly appreciate your condolences and assistance in getting through this most difficult time.
You and your people played a key role in allowing my mother and father to make the most of the last twelve months together. Without the commitment and expertise of Home Care Assistance's remarkable caregivers, my mother's last months with us would have been a horrendous orderal. From cokking and cleaning to companionship, your caregivers melded with our family in a way that was not instrusive yet highly effective and always at the ready to handle the various emergencies and non-routine occurences that seemed to spring up more often than not. Our caregiver was a particular stand-out. Her commitment and caring for the welfare of my parents was without equal and the major reason my father requested Home Care Assistance to continue to provide services to him.
We very much appreciate the continued support for my father and would not hesitate to recommend your company and its caregivers to anyone.
Sincerely Michael G.
From Home Care Assistance
Our mission at Home Care Assistance is to change the way the world ages. We provide seniors and disabled adults with quality care that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in Live-In care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults called The Balanced Care Method(TM).
The Balanced Care Method (TM) is based on the scientifically studied lifestyle choices of the longest, healthiest living population in the world - Okinawans. The Balanced Care Method is unique because it focuses as much on quality of life as on longevity; emphasizing healthy nutrition, physical and mental exercise, and a purposeful and calm lifestyle. Home Care Assistance is proud to train our caregivers in the Balanced Care Method and provide the premier in-home care solution for older adults.
Home Care Assistance offers both hourly (with a four hour minimum) and 24-hour live-in services. We are a national franchise based in Palo Alto, California but are locally owned and operated by Jaleh Neshat. Our services include:
- Assistance with transferring and mobility
- Assistance with bathing, showering, dressing and grooming
- Meal and snack preparation, adhering to client diet restrictions
- Provide self-administered medication reminders
- Assistance with range of motion exercises
- Light housekeeping, laundry and linen changing
- Assistance with toileting and continence training measures or incontinence care needs
- Provide client transportation for errands, shopping, recreation or medical appointments
- Provide caring companionship and memory-enhancing socialization and activities
Call today for more information or to schedule a free consultation.
Features of Home Care Assistance
- Rate for hourly care: $22/hour
- Licenses: Home Care Agency, NC, DHHS
- Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)
Range of services
- Companion care
- Personal care assistants
- Range of services extra: Specific nursing duties
- We have male caregivers/companions
- Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care
- We interview every team member in person
- We check references
- We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
- We check driving records
- We check credit history
- We confirm legal U.S. residency
- We require fingerprint-based background check
- We require drug screenings
- We check sexual offender databases
- Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training
- Patient Transfers
- Stress Management
- Family Communication
- Transition Issues
- Memory Care
- Validation Techniques
- Training areas extra: HCA has it's own University, with different level courses
6512 Six Forks Road Suite 205A
Raleigh, NC 27615
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities