Right at Home Nassau Suffolk County

Contact Now

Reviews of Right at Home Nassau Suffolk County

Madeline10 May 13, 2015

We did use Right at Home for one visit, but the gentleman who came was from Queens, and he said that he didn't think he could come unless it was at least eight hours. I haven't used anyone else yet as I am managing on my own, but at some point, I would probably call them back when I need them for more than eight hours, and I might also try some other agencies. I basically just need it for respite because I am the primary caretaker, and I need to get away every now and then, so that is the whole issue.

I had him for four hours; my original plan was to have him overnight. In some aspects, he seemed very good, while at other aspects, he seemed a little young and inexperienced, so we weren't 100 percent comfortable, but that was not the primary reason. He was OK being a man, but I don't know if my husband would have been that comfortable having him, and it was just a personal thing. But Right at Home was fine. I really have no complaints. It is just difficult to find the right fit.

Everything was on the up and up; there were really no problems. The only thing I would have liked -- which I didn't get -- was I had to sign a number of papers ,and I did not receive any copies, which I think it would have been nice for them to at least mail me some copies. I got no copies of any of the documents that I signed; that is my only complaint.

Ksmom1 April 17, 2015

I had a wonderful experience with this company and the specific caregiver who came to my home. I needed someone to help after major back surgery. Both the company and caregiver were very professional, responsible, and respectful. I appreciated the occasional check-ins by the owner to make sure everything was going well. From the initial consultation to the final follow-up, everything was clear and organized. My caregiver was kind, friendly, sympathetic, and thoughtful. She anticipated what I needed before I even knew it. She was trustworthy, honest, and reliable, and worked hard while she was here. She went above and beyond to be helpful. I didn't want to see her go! I very highly recommend this company!

Dorothy's daughter1 January 08, 2015

My mother, Dorothy, has been under the care of Right at Home since she had a stroke 2 months ago. Moms dearest wish was to come home. Until my brother could move cross country, back to moms house, she has been at an Assisted Living Facility with 24/7 aides.
The aides and owner Gregg Balberra have been terrific. The aides have shown compassion and commitment beyond my expectation. I must mention Janeth, Shantel, Josephine, Natasha and Tiffany. They are professional and dedicated. Although Mom has had memory issues, she has specifically told me of her appreciation for the wonderful care. Gregg has done a great job of matching aides to mom's needs and personality. I highly recommend Right at Home Nassau Suffolk!

Beth G. November 05, 2014

My family was referred to Right at Home in Plainview, NY when my mother was in an assisted living community. Her health had declined and it became necessary for her to have a caretaker around the clock. Gregg and Eileen had a caretaker in place that very first day. My mother was also under hospice care, who covered 20 hours a week. There were days that the hospice caretaker did not show up for mom. But with a phone call to Right at Home, they always came through to have someone there ASAP. As mom’s health declined and her needs were re-evaluated, Right at Home always adjusted their care-giving to accommodate those spiraling needs. Gregg was there every time there was a new caregiver. He made sure he was there to introduce them to mom. Much care was also given to match the caregiver’s personality to moms. It is evident how compassionate Gregg and Eileen are, not only to the person they are caring for, but the family members as well. I knew Mom felt she was being well taken care of by their caretakers because in her last days, she thanked us for taking such good care of her. That is a testimony to Right at Home. I highly recommend Right at Home Nassau Suffolk to anyone who is put in this type of situation. My family and I were able to sleep at night knowing that we made the right decision to allow Gregg and Eileen to place responsible, compassionate, caring people with mom.

Joan99456750 September 26, 2014

I can't say enough about the wonderful aides that Gregg and Eileen B. provided us to care for my Mom who was suffering from end stage dementia. Not only did I see how caring they were but family members of other residents in the AL (dementia unit) would make a point of telling me how lucky we were to have aides who cared so much for my Mom. Gregg and Eileen are compassionate and caring people who, since March of 2014, helped us give my Mom the best possible care, especially in her final days.
I especially liked that we consistently had the same lovely aides caring for mom and that on very short notice Gregg and Eileen could arrange additional coverage when we needed it. I strongly recommend Right at Home.

Harvey2 January 23, 2014

Gregg was there for us at the right time. He and his help were all terrific can't thank them enough!

From Right at Home Nassau Suffolk County

Right at Home provides in-home caregiving services for thousands of families across the nation. We offer companionship and help with everyday tasks that have become challenging for an aging person. This may include things like meal preparation, laundry, housekeeping, hygiene and grooming. We also offer services for those with special care situations caused by numerous medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Call us to learn more about the specific services we provide.

Custom Care Plan

From the moment you call, we begin considering the specific needs of your loved one. We ask questions during the initial call or meeting to form a basic needs assessment. After discussing your particular situation, we will prepare an initial Custom Care Plan and then work with you to fine tune that Care Plan based on your loved one’s specific needs. Once the plan is agreed upon, your local Right at Home team matches the right caregiver to implement the plan.

Caregiver Training and Care Supervision

Every Right at Home caregiver goes through an extensive interview process, including background checks. Once hired, caregivers are trained through Right at Home University to ensure that they’re able to deliver the care set out in your loved one’s Custom Care Plan. Before providing care, they’re bonded and insured.

Features of Right at Home Nassau Suffolk County