Comfort Keepers - Pittsford, NY

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Comfort Keepers - Pittsford, NY

Gratefully April 22, 2013

My family and I absolutely recommend Comfort Keepers to anyone who needs a caring, compassionate, professional caregiver. After becoming frustrated trying to arrange care for my Mom, my first call to Comfort Keepers was received with friendliness and immediate help. The caregivers who came to be with my Mom were, without exception, not only professional but also really cared about my Mom. Whenever one of them was with Mom, I never worried about her. They even gave me suggestions about changes that made her life easier. Thank you so much.

From Canandaigua February 04, 2013

Comfort Keepers provided excellent care for my mother after she had some medical problems. It was very easy to get started with them as Donna came to interview. I appreciated that they were willing to be flexible with hours and days. All the ladies were cordial, caring and efficient and really helped my Mom get back on her feet again. Would not hesitate to use them again in the future should the need arise.

Suzanne4 November 12, 2012

My father was in a nursing facility for a rehab for a short period. Donna came in to the nursing facility and informed me on what programs they offer.

They are marvelous. They truly try to second guess the problems. They are very gentle on their delivery. My father obviously had a lot of issues. We actually got to a point whereas for companion care, they had exceeded what they were able to do for us and they may not be able to continue. They asked me to consider a different provider and they gave me references. They helped me arriving to a decision. They gave me extra time. They're completely flexible.

Bill M November 05, 2012

I was introduced to Comfort Keepers back in June of this year by an employee of Quail Summit in Canandaigua. During the telephone interview I was immediately impressed by the professionalism and organization and moved forward with the service. I was not disappointed. The staff members were courteous, prompt, and more importantly, both of my parents felt comfortable. After four + months, my mom's needs changed, and as a result I no longer require their service. But I would certainly recommend Comfort Keepers in the future.

Liz10 October 15, 2012

I had a very good experience with Comfort Keepers. They've been prompt. They are reliable as one of the girls who's scheduled can't make it, they keep me informed. They actually make sure that my time slot is filled so that I have consistency and that I'm not without help. Comfort Keepers are very well trained. The one in particular that I normally get is excellent. They're caring and very helpful. A lot of them are very well versed and able to carry on a conversation with me. As you can tell, I'm with it. I'm younger and I have MS. It's nice to have someone come in and be able to converse with me and speak with me. Most of the women that they send over share some interests with me. They're always helping me with baking and cooking and things like that.

They recently changed their billing from weekly to bi-weekly which is good. When I call on the phone, whomever I get on the phone seems to be prepared to answer any questions that I have.

Alana1 October 15, 2012

Comfort Keepers was referred to me by one of the nurses at Heather Heights. Comfort Keepers was seeing other people in the building. They had other residents that they were working with so when I asked the nurse that I was looking for some kind of companion, she was familiar with Comfort Keepers and she recommended them.

I hired them to come in and spend time with my mom and dad so that they could establish a relationship with other people besides myself. So they had some other adults that they could interact with. Comfort Keepers had been very good about giving me feedback when they've noticed any kind of medical issues. They also drove my parents to some doctors appointments which is very helpful or me because I couldn't always make all those appointments. I usually try to go with my mom and dad but there were certain doctors where I didn't need to be there and somebody else could take them. The were also taking mom and dad out for a drive around the area so they can see the sights. We moved to Rochester. At that time they moved in to Heather Heights. None of us were familiar with the area so it was helpful to have somebody who knew the area that can drive them around.

The caregivers were different. Some are better than others. My mom particularly likes women who are older maybe around 60's. That's what we usually ask for because my mom can relate to them. She couldn't relate to younger caregivers. Everybody was nice. Everybody did a nice job being a companion but my mom just wanted to relate to a certain age group than others. I didn't get to meet all of the caregivers. I got some complaints once in a while from my mom but again that was usually somebody who's younger whom she had trouble relating to. I don't think it was the individual. I think it's just the age. She's just comfortable with somebody who is a little older and they were able to supply that for us.

What I like about Comfort Keepers is that they were really good about being available at the last minute. Normally, they prefer a schedule ahead. I had a number of incidences where my mom had to be taken to the hospital and I couldn't get there. They were able to sit with her and keep her company for hours sometimes, before I could get there. They try to keep me posted as to what was going on. It's really really helpful to have somebody out there with with her. They would also encourage her to do activities when she was in Heather Heights. We also hired them towards the end of her stay at Heather Heights to sit with mom for a number of hours between dinner and bedtime to keep an eye on her because she had sundowners and she's more prone to falling.

They were very helpful when I called and needed to make schedule changes. A couple of times I missed emails about the bill and they were all very pleasant and understanding about it. I had a conversation with Donna and some of the other people there and they would always inquire about how dad and mom are doing. They seemed genuinely interested in caring about how I was doing and how they were getting along.

My mother is no longer using them because she is no longer with Heather Heights. She is now in a skilled nursing facility and is getting a lot of higher level of care over there. So she doesn't need the additional help from Comfort Keepers that we needed when she was with Heather Heights.

I really appreciate that Comfort Keepers was very flexible and helped us out with emergencies. They have a great service and I would recommend them to anybody. We were very happy with them.

About Comfort Keepers - Pittsford, NY

Comfort Keepers - Pittsford, NY is an in-home care provider serving Pittsford, NY and the surrounding area. Comfort Keepers - Pittsford, NY offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Comfort Keepers - Pittsford, NY