Assisting Hands of Bergen County

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Assisting Hands of Bergen County

Brian19 February 27, 2015

Assisting Hands was good. The owner was able to help us out. They were customer-centric. They're able to do creative problem solving techniques and worked with us to create a good community. They were very good, responsive, and professional. We used them for 18 months. We were extremely satisfied with their care.

Thank you Brian. It was our privilege to serve the community and its residents.

Dorothy106367550 February 19, 2015

Assisting hands was wonderful with my husband. They were really kind and really got him talking because he doesn't usually talk very much and got him to converse. He became cheerful and he connected with them very well. We've been using them for almost a year. There's no issues with the scheduling and billing. Whenever I call and I need assistance on a certain day, they are always very accommodating and they have always have somebody ready and willing. They take into consideration his condition and his needs and they cover it very well. I would not use anybody else because I have full confidence in them.

Dorothy, thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate the chance to help and your taking the time to share your positive experience.

Kathleen106367250 February 19, 2015

Overall our experience with Assisting Hands was absolutely wonderful. I had a positive experience with them. They were very professional. We had somebody at the house 12 hours a day, basically from the time he woke up until the time he went to bed at night. It was wonderful and honestly I don't know how we would have handled it without them. They were always there and we got very close to them. We had 1 male attendant and 1 female. We had them for 2 months and they worked 7 days a week. I referred them to another neighbor and they had a wonderful experience as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Kathleen. We value your feedback and we are so pleased that our service was a positive experience for your family.

About Assisting Hands of Bergen County

Assisting Hands of Bergen County is an in-home care provider serving Paramus, NJ and the surrounding area. Assisting Hands of Bergen County offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Assisting Hands of Bergen County

• Licenses: #HP0173100

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants

• We have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require fingerprint-based background check
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training Areas

• Memory Care
  • Ethics
  • Validation Techniques

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address