Home Instead Senior Care - Olympia, WA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Olympia, WA

cduwors March 13, 2015

I had the opportunity to care for my mom while on Hospice care for 6 months until her passing. If it were not for the wonderful support of the Home Instead staff - from the office to the caretakers - this would have not been possible. The staff was caring from the initial contact while I was arranging care. They were always responsive in trying to work with my schedule when I needed last minute help because my mom could not be left alone and I needed some flexibility while caring for her around my job and family obligations. The staff and caregivers were supportive in practical measures and went the extra to give emotional support as well. Overall, I had a great experience and would recommend the Olympia office to others.

olympia1925 February 06, 2015

I would not use Home Instead Olympia again.

Hello olympia1925. Thank you so much for bringing your view to our attention. I’m sorry your experience wasn’t what you had hoped for. Our CAREGivers are carefully screened, fully bonded and go through our exclusive multi-phase training. I would be open to discuss this issue at any time, so feel free to contact me at 360.570.0049. Respectfully Yours in Service, Kelly Cavenah, Administrator.

Alison Vega July 25, 2014

The Home Instead team in Olympia cares for my family like their own. I am a doctor and have very high standards for care. Whether it is my own patients or my family, I expect the highest level of care. Home Instead continues to exceed my expectations by going above and beyond to ensure that their clients are honored, respected, and cared for.
Home Instead in Olympia currently provides care for my grandparents. My Grandfather has Alzheimer's disease and my Grandmother is his primary caregiver. Home Instead provides both of my grandparents with the support that they need as they navigate through this chapter of their life. The staff not only provide physical care but also wonderful emotional support for my grandparents. The staff at Home Instead Olympia are highly trained to help my entire family understand how to deal with our new normal. The owners go above and beyond to ensure that caregivers are prepared to help us daily with whatever comes our way. My Grandmother recently referred to her caregiver as an "Angel. Jessica is a complete gift." I really can't say enough positive remarks about my experience with Home Instead. I am so happy to have them caring for my family when I can't.

A Howald May 29, 2014

My mother is actually the person that Home Instead provides care for. I became aware of Home Instead when my wife and I attended a series of free classes about careing for the elderly. From the moment I called to make an appointment I felt this was a caring and professional service. They listened to my concerns and desires and did their best to satisfy our needs. The care providers coming to our home are extremely caring, talented and confident in their abilities. It is so hard to watch the aging process of our parents, but keeping them out of a care facility and home instead is the best decision we have made. Knowing that my parents are home safe, warm, comfortable and cared for, means everything to me.

Erandyw May 04, 2014

I interviewed this provider

Caring, professional staff. Always ready to serve my Mothers needs

Shortys February 02, 2014

My Dad and I really enjoyed working with this group! The manager Collin is very easy to work with, they were very occomodating to meet my Dad's needs and desires to stay at home! Great staff all around, very professional behavior, and very easy to work with!

Family of Violet J. December 31, 2013

The care provided by Home Instead professionals helped give our mother a quality of life in her last months that we could not have maintained on our own, Each care giver had their own special ways of working with her, not just meeting her daily needs but engaging her both mentally and physically, keeping her mind and body active. These are dedicated, careing people. The staff of Home Instead has earned our trust, our respect and gratitude.

GrandmaDeb December 28, 2013

I don't think there's enough room here to say all I want to about Home Instead. They cared for my parents, not just seeing to their needs, but the caregivers were like family. My dad required skilled care, and my mother had issues with dementia, and all of the caregivers were superb. Our family could breathe a collective sigh of relief when they were at my parents' home, because we knew they were receiving excellent care. I highly recommend Home Instead. AND Ginny's cooking. :)

Charlie Anderson August 23, 2013

You should feel very comfortable hiring this firm. If your parent(s) need help this is the way to go; a real firm with management support/backup. Don't hesitate to e-mail for specifics, I will call you

An old Nurse RR June 01, 2013

I have been utilizing Home Instead Senior Care for over a year now; the admin staff are great, they answer the phone any time day or night! They do a wonderful job at being consistent with the ladies they send me, and any time I have an issue (so far there's only been one) I know I can call Colin and he will figure out how to fix it right away. I would not be at home right now without them.

John Langston July 01, 2012

Home Instead Senior Care was definitely a help in the past months with my families little to no knowledge of how to care for my grandma. It boils down to the fact that money has been tight and their services were and still are the best that we can afford and then some. Yes there has been a few small problems that have arose here and their. With one of the nurses saying that we should take her on more walks, and my Mom telling her that she did not believe it was a good idea. Yet in recolection they are just doing what they are trained to do. Home Instead Senior Care helped my family get back on track with her health, and without them I don't know how the care of life my grandma is recieving would have been.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Olympia, WA

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Olympia, WA

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require fingerprint-based background check
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Credit card
  • Check
  • Payment options extra: Long Term Care Insurance Courtesy Billing

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address