Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Visiting Nurse Service of New York

RHJ NYC July 18, 2015

The Visiting Nurse Service of New York(VNSNY) failed to provide me with timely, high quality, residential post-operation Nursing, Physical Therapy and Personal Healthcare Assistant services during the period 21 December 2014 - 10 January 2015 per the earlier Agreement which was based on compliance with the instructions of my Surgeon. VNSNY was supposed to meet with me(the patient) at the Hospital after surgery but prior to discharge to establish a services delivery schedule that would begin immediately upon return to my residence. VNSNY did not show up for this planned meeting with me at the hospital. The VNSNY Nurse first met with me at my residence TWO days after my hospital discharge. My surgery was major, I was non-ambulatory, taking strong pain killer medication, and I was a senior citizen living alone. No check of my health condition was made however during the first two days after hospital discharge by VNSNY. The VNSNY personal healthcare assistant first showed up at my residence FIVE DAYS after my hospital discharge. Since I was non-ambulatory I was unable during this FIVE DAY period to perform a number of daily life support tasks. I experienced many other problems with VNSNY. The perfunctory nurse examinations missed detecting several health issues. A significant number of scheduled appointments for the respective services were cancelled/rescheduled by VNSNY. There were several cases when the VNSNY service person simply did not show up for their scheduled appointments without even calling me beforehand. The medical and administrative information provided by VNSNY was inadequate and I had to (extensively) call my Surgeon's office and my Health Insurance provider to answer questions about my case and treatment. VNSNY actually at one point cancelled all my services(without telling me beforehand, because they erroneously determined that my health insurance had expired. I was/am a 30 year client of the Health Insurance provider in good standing and had to call them regarding the VNSNY coverage cancellation claim. My health insurance provider then advised VNSNY of their error and my services were restored after a lapse of time. My health insurance provider then told me directly that they had assigned both a case manager and one of their nurses to frequently monitor my VNSNY treatment activities and that I would be contacted regularly by these two individuals. This further demand on my time was directly caused by the VNSNY performance failures. I made many attempts to resolve these problems with VNSNY as they occurred. These were uniformly unsuccessful and I found VNSNY extremely difficult to deal with. There were extremely long telephone wait times, and I was unable to find any VNSNY staff that were knowledgeable, willing to become involved with the problems, and empowered to solve the problems. I have since filed formal written complaints with the chairman of VNSNY , the president, two senior vice presidents, and a vice president. My formal complaints however have been ignored to date.

Review of VNSY In Home Hospice Care May 29, 2013

The Visiting Nurse Service of New York In Home Hospice Care provided by the Visiting Nurse Service of New York is a third class service. Most of the staff lacked experience required to provide quality service. I had the experience with threedifferent vendors and VNSNY comes in at a distant third. The visiting nurse administering the care did nothing. She couldn't even keep up with the medications required to keep the patient comfortable. the aides lacked had no experience with the patient's condition. The call center was unresponsive. The response time from the visiting nurses was unacceptable.

Caring 1358 March 20, 2013

Visiting Nurse Services of New York checks on my mother once a week. They've been with her for over a year now. They're good people. I don't have any problems with them. The nurses administer my mother's medicine and take note of any changes in medication. They also take her vital signs, and they work with a young lady from another office. If they see anything that needs to be reported to the doctor, they make a note to do that.

Boop1 December 13, 2012

I have had the pleasure of using their services twice for my Mom. Mom's blood sugar level dropped and her blood count fell the first time and the visiting nurse service was suggested to me at the hospital. I accepted and they were great. They gave us a nurse who checked her blood pressure and gave me valuable information. A therapist was assigned and helped Mom with exercises. We received help getting a rolling walker and travel chair. The social worker visited and assisted with getting a phone alert unit for Mom in case of a fall. The second time, Mom fell and required nine (9) stitches again the service came and offered the assistance of the nurse and therapist. As a daughter/caregiver, who desperately wants to get this caregiving stuff right, I really appreciated the assistance.

caring8201 August 24, 2012

My brother has Alzheimer's. He has a nurse that comes in every two days and give me supplies and everything. Right now, I'm looking for an apartment for him. I've been taking care of him since 2007.

Seung May 27, 2012

My mother has used this agency before so that's basically the reason why we got them. My mom was in hospice before and they referred VNS to her. They clean the house, watch over her, take her out to walk and accompany her anywhere. The caregiver works for us 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. We find their service good and efficient.

CaresForMom May 08, 2012

I've needed to use Visiting Nurse Service of New York a few times for my elderly mother. Last year, they sent a nurse that helped us find options for my mother's care that I hadn't known existed. They also sent a wonderful physical therapist. This year, when I needed to use them again, they sent an even better physical therapist, and my mother actually looks forward to PT. I would never trust the in home care of my loved ones with anyone else.

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York is an in-home care provider serving New York, NY and the surrounding area. Visiting Nurse Service of New York offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.