Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Caring 1358 March 20, 2013

Visiting Nurse Services of New York checks on my mother once a week. They've been with her for over a year now. They're good people. I don't have any problems with them. The nurses administer my mother's medicine and take note of any changes in medication. They also take her vital signs, and they work with a young lady from another office. If they see anything that needs to be reported to the doctor, they make a note to do that.

Boop1 December 13, 2012

I have had the pleasure of using their services twice for my Mom. Mom's blood sugar level dropped and her blood count fell the first time and the visiting nurse service was suggested to me at the hospital. I accepted and they were great. They gave us a nurse who checked her blood pressure and gave me valuable information. A therapist was assigned and helped Mom with exercises. We received help getting a rolling walker and travel chair. The social worker visited and assisted with getting a phone alert unit for Mom in case of a fall. The second time, Mom fell and required nine (9) stitches again the service came and offered the assistance of the nurse and therapist. As a daughter/caregiver, who desperately wants to get this caregiving stuff right, I really appreciated the assistance.

caring8201 August 24, 2012

My brother has Alzheimer's. He has a nurse that comes in every two days and give me supplies and everything. Right now, I'm looking for an apartment for him. I've been taking care of him since 2007.

Seung May 27, 2012

My mother has used this agency before so that's basically the reason why we got them. My mom was in hospice before and they referred VNS to her. They clean the house, watch over her, take her out to walk and accompany her anywhere. The caregiver works for us 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. We find their service good and efficient.

CaresForMom May 08, 2012

I've needed to use Visiting Nurse Service of New York a few times for my elderly mother. Last year, they sent a nurse that helped us find options for my mother's care that I hadn't known existed. They also sent a wonderful physical therapist.

This year, when I needed to use them again, they sent an even better physical therapist, and my mother actually looks forward to PT.

I would never trust the in home care of my loved ones with anyone else.

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York is an in-home care provider serving New York, NY and the surrounding area. Visiting Nurse Service of New York offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Visiting Nurse Service of New York