Top Nearby In-Home Care Services
Reviews of ComForCare NYC | New York, NY
Overview of Ratings
August 01, 2016
I am a past client of this provider
June 10, 2016
I am a current client of this provider
From ComForCare NYC
ComForCare NYC offers a type of companion and level of client service that is unique in New York City. You can reach our staff at any time of day and request assistance for any issues related to your long-term care needs. We also recognize that finding the right care team can be difficult online. We are confident that you will be impressed by the quality of the people that come to your home, and you will always have the opportunity to meet the individual caring for your loved one in advance of paying for any services.
Our companion caregivers are our foundation. We hire companions that not only display compassion and have the necessary experience, but have excellent interpersonal abilities and the right attitude for getting the most from life. Many of our caregivers have degrees in higher education or are pursuing professions in the nursing field or other areas of healthcare. They appreciate the chance to create a genuine connection with our clients, and not merely guide them through their day.
We believe that encouraging a healthy overall well-being socially, emotionally, and mentally is important, and we show that in our personalized approach to each client. We begin every client relationship with a free in-home consultation with one of our care advisors. Getting to know our clients in detail allows us to match the right companion and coordinate all of the services necessary to live safely and independently. We will also take the time to organize a weekly plan and find activities that will keep meaning and enjoyment in our clients’ lives.
In addition to our services, we will facilitate services from other health & wellness providers, including:
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Physicians, including House Call Doctors
- Skilled Nurses
- Personal Care / Hygiene Care Services
- Elder Law Attorneys
- Financial Organizers and Wealth Advisors
- Personal Fitness Trainers
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (Philips Lifeline)
When you choose ComForCare, you can contact our staff any time of day to make requests or find additional support that you or your loved one may need.
Dementia and Alzheimer’s Support
Dementia - including Alzheimer’s disease and other types - can affect many aspects of someone’s life, but it doesn’t have to be an overwhelming challenge. Our unique companions and strategies prevent and manage difficult dementia behavior, increase clients' quality of life, and extend the amount of time clients with dementia can enjoy living at home safely. The result is more pleasant, positive and enjoyable days for our clients and their families.
Based on the best principles from research and clinical practice, we can offer services that are tailored to the interests and needs of each client, including:
- Social interaction: Having unique companions that come from rich and diverse backgrounds enables a level of social interaction and connection that is often lacking with other home care services. This is particularly important in clients who have only Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or are in the early stages of dementia.
- Music programs: Music is one of the most powerful ways to reach individuals affected by dementia. We create personalized playlists for each senior based on their musical interests. Our caregivers are trained to engage our clients naturally in music sessions, and we can also provide musical therapists to come to the home.
- Cognitive training: Research has shown that certain types of training and stimulation can improve specific domains of cognitive function. We offer free access to computer-based training tools, which can be administered with the help of our companions.
- Activities: It’s important for seniors with dementia to participate in a wide variety of activities, especially related to their personal interests. We engage them in personal interests including reading, sewing, baking and crafts. Other outside activities include museums, theaters, shopping, and senior centers.
Our goal is to help them retain as much independence as possible for as long as possible while helping to improve their overall well-being.
Even if you are not ready to receive care at home we will be happy to provide helpful advice.
Photos of ComForCare NYC
Features of ComForCare NYC
- Overnight Rate: $23/Hour
- Hourly Rate: $23/Hour
- Live In Rate: $300/Day
- Full Service Agency
Range of services
- Companion Care
- Range Of Services Extra: Care Management
Types of care
- Doctor Visit Companionship
- Finances Bookkeeping
- Home Maintenance
- Memory Care
- Meal Preparation
- Errand And Grocery Assistance
- Travel Details: Staff Will Travel 15 30 Miles To Provide Care
- In Person Interviews
- Reference Checks
- Residency Confirmation
- Drug Screening
- Sex Offender Check
- Continual Training
- Stress Management
- Family Communication
- Transition Issues
- Memory Care Training
- Validation Techniques
- Credit Card
- Payroll Provided For Caregivers
- Bonded And Insured