From Comfort Keepers of Wilmington Delaware
Comfort Keepers change lives by providing quality, compassionate care and safety technology solutions to help seniors preserve their independence and remain happy and healthy in the comfort of their own homes. We have gratefully served New Castle and Kent Counties with excellent in-home care services since 2002.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the respect and dignity they deserve, as though we were caring for a member of our own family.
The special people who deliver our unique brand of in-home senior care (We call them Comfort Keepers®.) are carefully selected, screened, and trained to provide professional, compassionate care.
Comfort Keepers offers:
Interactive Caregiving™ is our philosophy and it is based on four primary pillars, which Comfort Keepers leverage to care for, engage, and interact with our clients:
1. An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and a longer life.
2. A physically active senior maintains strength and independence, lessening or delaying the effects of aging.
3. A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
4. A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
With our Interactive Caregiving approach, we are able to raise seniors’ quality of life to a higher level than other in-home care providers.
Features of Comfort Keepers of Wilmington Delaware
- Licenses: Home Health - Aide Only
- Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)
Range of services
- Companion care
- Personal care assistants
- In-home health care
- Range of services extra: Transportation, Technology Solutions such as: Personal Emergency Response Systems, Medication Management Machines
- Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care
- We interview every team member in person
- We check references
- We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
- We check driving records
- We confirm legal U.S. residency
- We require fingerprint-based background check
- We require drug screenings
- We check sexual offender databases
- Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training
- Patient Transfers
- Stress Management
- Family Communication
- Transition Issues
- Memory Care
- Validation Techniques
- Training areas extra: Per DE State Regs aides attend 12 hours annually on topics: Self-Reliance; Nutrition; Emotional and Physical Problems with Disability & Aging; Health & Wellness Practices; RN Referrals; Patient Rights; and Dementia
- Credit card
- Payment options extra: Medicaid Waiver, Long Term Care Insurance, Veterans Affairs
- We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers
- Our business is bonded and insured
92 Reads Way, Suite 207
New Castle, DE 19720
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities