Home Instead Senior Care - New Bern, NC

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - New Bern, NC

JoanF November 05, 2014

Home Instead Senior Care- New Bern provided excellent care to my father. He was living over 500 miles away from his nearest family and gradually deteriorating. They first became involved when we saw that he needed help. At that time he insisted he didn't need assistance, but all the paperwork was done and it was set up for when he was ready. I think that was important because when his needs became greater beginning service from Home Instead was very easy. As my father declined, the services from Home Instead Senior Care- New Bern increased. This included trips to the doctor, physical therapy, the grocery store, the barber, etc, and unfortunately to the hospital. During several hospital stays, Home Instead was invaluable both when family was not right there and after they came to town. Eventually my father agreed it was time to move closer to family and now lives near three of his children. I also must mention the quality of the relationships my father had with the staff of Home Instead. Every person connected with Home Instead treated my father with respect and as a friend. This treatment started at the top with the owners of Home Instead-New Bern and was demonstrated by every single person who worked for them. They are a wonderful and caring group of people.

Mike98150750 August 30, 2014

Over the past two years, I have used four different home care companies. J.D. B. of Home Instead and his staff are clearly the best-managed and qualified company. As the owner, J. D. B. is very customer focused and involved in ensuring that his customers' needs are met. These same qualities are also displayed by all staff who have always met my needs and expectations.

Annie H July 25, 2014

Exceptional, professional, caring and thorough. Their care of my 87 year-old father was more than anyone could ask for. From dealing with household issues to oversight of his doctor's appointments, meals, cleaning, and great companionship they rose to every occasion and kept our family informed. You could not make a better choice.

EllenL July 24, 2014

These are people who really care about their clients. They are the ultimate in professionalism and competence. We had no relatives in the town where our father lives, so it was critical to have an agency we could depend on. The Home Instead staff were exceptional and cared for him while providing friendship and security. They were always kind and respectful, allowing him to maintain his dignity. They are truly a special group.

Kathryn3 September 18, 2013

I like my aide (caregiver) because she shows high respect to me and my home. If I would have a choice, I would want her to be in service with me again.

Clifford & Doris June 29, 2013

These are very professional people. They give above and beyond. Our caregiver has a tremendous personality; energetic, efficeint, caring. Couldn't do it better than Home Instead.

Aileen15 June 28, 2013

Outstanding! Caring, compassionate, and patient. Sympathetic in proper degree. Concerned but not anxious. Very friendly but remains a professional in the best way. Always pleasant, unbeatable!

Otis1 June 27, 2013

The caregivers did care and took pride in trying to help my wife recover. They were competent in every respect. Office staff were always responsible to my wife's changing needs and schedule of service. I thank them.

Louis & Ruth June 24, 2013

The caregivers are neat, clean, and professional in appearance. They are attentive, helpful, and willing to do activities in many areas. They are also pleasant even on "trying" days. I've heart the term "care-partners" recently and I think that's a good term. The office phone is answered promptly and pleasantly and adjust to altered hours due to doctor appointments. We're happy we chose Home Instead. Lee and JD are at the top of their service, kind, interested, flexible, and just "good people"!

From Home Instead Senior Care - New Bern, NC

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - New Bern, NC

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address