Right at Home Greater Fairfield County

Contact Now

Hcp_cert

Reviews of Right at Home Greater Fairfield County

Dotty246408 February 21, 2017

Dear Lisa and Staff, Thank you for the memorial tree. Andy would have loved it. We deeply appreciate the wonderful care he received and all the help you gave me. Dotty

Emily C. February 18, 2017

What a wonderful gift in John's memory. It is unique and very fitting to mark the passing of a person with a tree giving new life to one of our national forests. Your care of John was very much appreciated by myself and family. You sent us careful and compassionate caregivers. Thank you.

Marilyn H February 09, 2017

The caregivers help my wife get out of bed, take a shower, get dressed, and get breakfast.

Guadalupe (AOA) C January 19, 2017

The caregiver helps by showering my mother, doing the laundry, cooking for her, dusting, and doing everything for my mother.

Debra671166 August 25, 2016

Belinda from Right at Home was a blessing to our whole family. Her dedication to Mom and provision of quality care set her apart. It is evidence, for Belinda, being a caregiver is not a merely a paycheck but a vocation at which she excels. Belinda’s joyful nature encouraged Mom to do what needed to be done and filled her days with laughter and conversation. She quietly observed Mom’s patterns and preferences, and began anticipating Mom’s needs before being asked to do something. She adopted Mom’s schedule and made sure that Mom had access to her favorite food, TV shows, and other creature comforts. Together they did activities Mom had always enjoyed. When Mom was no longer able to leave the house, Belinda would bring Mom out on the back porch to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Mom formed a strong attachment to Belinda. Drawing on years of experience, Belinda recommended resources or services for which Mom was eligible. Since Mom was not keen on going to the local senior center for activities, Belinda requested visitors through hospice to come and chat with Mom about her interests. Belinda proposed buying an electric scooter so that Mom could enjoy a sense of independence while being out. Belinda took the initiative and called hospice whenever she had a concern and did a wonderful job advocating for Mom. The superior quality and level of care that she provided was especially evidence when she was away on break; although the substitutes may have been technically proficient or had pleasant personalities, they lacked the entire package that Belinda possesses. Additionally, Belinda went beyond all expectation with respect to Mom’s poodle and grandson. Belinda took good care of “Maggie” because she recognized that Mom’s happiness and well-being was very much linked to that of her dog. Likewise, Belinda warmly interacted with my 25-year old son, Sam, who has lived in Mom’s house for the past several years. Belinda not only navigated the complexity of having someone else living in the house, she helped Sam prepare for the pending death of his “Gram”, his best buddy since birth. Belinda handled our somewhat unique situation with professionalism and grace. In short, Belinda is an asset to Right at Home.

Louise341335 July 13, 2016

We used Right at Home for my mom, and they were very good. We would use them again if we need to. They were able to provide a caregiver a day after we called them. She was very friendly and helpful; anything we asked her to do, she did.

Heather Murphy and familyPRHAF May 11, 2016

Thank you so much for planting a tree in my mom's honor. That was very thoughtful of you and means a lot to us. It's really perfect for her as she loved nature. In fact my dad was an environmentalist! I'd also like to thank you for everything you have done to help our family care for mom over the past two years. we really appreciate all your help! With love, Heather Murphy and family.

Lisa KleinOSTFQ May 11, 2016

Thank you for the flowers they were beautiful. My dad was an avid gardener and loved vegetables. The care he received was awesome. Amelia and Carolyn were wonderful.

ReviewerHQYLR May 11, 2016

Dear Tim & Lisa, We could never begin to thank you for your thoughtful care and concern over the last two months. We were trying to make the last few weeks of my father's life as peaceful as possible and with your help I think we achieved our goal. I was so touched to see you at the wake and then to be greeted with a beautiful basket of flowers at the door when we returned. Your work is important to families in distress and we will certainly let our friends who find themselves in similar situations know how helpful you are.

Carol RachamkinTGZPF May 11, 2016

To the staff for Right at Home, thank you for the tree in Florida in our father's name, Paul R.. This was appreciated by us all.

Almal April 02, 2016

Other

They are extremely empathetic, professional, and have top notch caregivers and management.

Sandra Grant December 16, 2015

Used them this summer for my husband. Phil, the aide, was wonderful. The agency's sign in – sign out system was excellent. Kept tabs on the aide. The owners checked in periodically to make sure everything went well.

Wrong@HomeCare November 30, 2015

Should be called Wrong at Home - do not want their caregivers in my home. Rather than work with the client to better serve client's needs, agency became defensive and defended caregiver's lax service. My father was not happy with Right at Home live-in caregiver. She spent her day lying on the sofa playing video games, napping and her nights (when dad was trying to sleep) talking loudly on the phone or loud tv. He had to ask he to keep it down, and repeatedly asked her to leave he felt uncomfortable and intimidated in his own home. My father fell while in their care and they did not contact me, nor did the aide communicate as requested. As his representative, I called the agency and requested a change in aide. They indicated that our request would be honored. Yet, once again Wrong at Home sent the same careless, sloppy aide we had asked not to work with. When dad asked her to load sink full of dirty dishes into the dishwasher - she said she would do it before she leaves in the morning leaving them overnight. Then she put clearly dirty dishes from the dishwasher. She didn't even wash the sheets she used, machine is right in apt. I would not recommend this agency which does not have clients best interest or safety in mind.

Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County takes great pride in the quality and competence of our caregivers. Our valued client’s safety is first and foremost our greatest concern. We seek candidates that not only have the skills and compassion to want to work with the elderly, but also, those candidates must have excellent communication skills. All of our caregivers complete a comprehensive orientation program and must pass a competency test before they are matched, to the best of our ability, with a client. If at any time a client is unhappy with services provided we encourage immediate feedback so that we can make improvements to our service. Right at Home provided respite services for you and your father for a short period of time and made every effort to match the correct caregiver to your loved one. In the situation where your father fell, all procedural steps were followed to find help for your father and then inform you and the Right at Home office immediately. We certainly understand the frustration when a loved one is at risk of injury but we assure you the safety and quality of life for our valued clients are our number one priority. Right at Home is Greater Fairfield County’s trusted in-home care partner.

Dawn22 December 10, 2014

Right at Home took care of my father. What an amazing company! They were very caring and understanding. I have to say the one person who stood out the most was Kimberly. What an amazing lady! She is such a kind hearted and compassionate woman in my eyes.

haisi June 06, 2013

great caregiver, my mom is very pleased and so are we!

SM Leslie July 20, 2011

I interviewed this provider

my mother had a fall earlier this year and i called the Danbury office of Right at Home to see if they could be there to help her after she was released from the hospital. My dad has passed and she lives alone. That was 4 months ago. My mother was so pleased with the care that Right at Home provided, we continued to have a caregiver come in 5 days a week to help her every day tasks such as shopping, laundry, meal prep, and med reminders. This takes such a burden off me and my brothers shoulders. Thank you to Riva and the Right at Home staff! You make life so much easier.

From Right at Home Greater Fairfield County

Two Offices to Serve You Better:

Because we serve a large area of Fairfield County, as well as towns in New Haven and Litchfield Counties, we have two offices to serve you better. Our main office is located at 518 Monroe Tpke., Monroe, CT 06468 and our satellite office is at 100 Mill Plain Rd., Danbury, CT 06811. Our phone numbers are 203-261-5777 (Monroe), and 203-300-5954 (Danbury).

Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County provides service to many towns, including Bethel, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Bridgewater, Danbury, Easton, Fairfield, Georgetown, Middlebury, Monroe, Newtown, New Fairfield, New Milford, Norwalk, Oxford, Redding, Roxbury, Sandy Hook, Sherman, Southbury, Southport, Shelton, Trumbull, Weston, West Redding, Wilton, and many other surrounding towns.

We provide in-home and in-facility caregiving services. We offer companionship and help with everyday tasks that have become challenging for an aging person. This may include things like meal preparation, laundry, housekeeping, transportation, hygiene and grooming. We offer Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to help with mobility issues, bathing & showering, grooming, incontinence. etc. Here are some of the services we provide:

Custom Care Plan
From the moment you call, we begin considering the specific needs of your loved one. We ask questions during the initial call or meeting to form a basic needs assessment. After discussing your particular situation, we will prepare an initial Custom Care Plan and then work with you to fine tune that Care Plan based on your loved one's specific needs. Once the plan is agreed upon, we match the right caregiver to implement the plan.

Caring Starts Right at Home
We understand that many families strive to find ways to keep their loved ones at home, but in a safe manner. And, we also appreciate that for our senior citizens, and other adults who are starting to struggle more in their homes, maintaining their independence is clearly one of the most important things to them. Finding creative ways to help keep your family member, wherever they call home, while still ensuring their needs are met, and safe at the same time, is what we are all about. We can be there to provide help whenever needed.

Caregiver Training and Care Supervision
All of our caregivers go through an extensive interview process, including multi-state, background checks. Once hired, they are trained through Right at Home University, on an ongoing basis, to ensure that they're able to deliver the care set out in your loves one's Custom Care Plan. Before providing care, they're also bonded and insured.

Features of Right at Home Greater Fairfield County