Right at Home Greater Fairfield County

EocHcp cert

Reviews of Right at Home Greater Fairfield County

4.6

By John J_1

I would recommend Right at Home because they are dependable. Part of the reason we have caregivers is to help with medications, and I am finding that the caregivers don't have as much knowledge about medications as I expected.

By Agnes S

I would probably say I am having a satisfactory experience. My mom is able to stay at home because of Right at Home, and we know we have an individual that treats her with respect and like family.

By John S_1

Right at Home has sent my mother a great caregiver. She does everything my mother needs. Right at Home has helped my mother the most with making sure that she is dressed, washed, and fed.

October 24, 2017

By Johannes A

Right at Home has well-trained caregivers. Right at Home was able to take care of my husband for me.

October 20, 2017

By Anonymous_297

I like how Right at Home caregivers are on time, and they do their work. Right at Home helps a lot because I can not get around much anymore and they help me quite a bit.

October 10, 2017

By Anonymous_298

I think Right at Home sends too many different caregivers. The services give me hours where I don't have to be doing the same thing.

October 06, 2017

By Doug F

Right at Home will always come through for you. My loved one's services helped to make her life safer and also helped her family so that we could go out and get rest.

September 26, 2017

By Vincent N_1

Right at Home's caregivers are always here on time and they are very professional. Right at Home operates very efficiently and their caregivers help out very much.

September 22, 2017

By Valerie P

The caregivers take good care of my father and Right at Home is very pleasant to deal with. Right at Home watches my father from 9 to 6, so it's a big help for my brother.

September 21, 2017

By Lisa D_2

Right at Home is very easy to deal with and they have good communication. The services provided by Right at Home help by just being there for my mother. There is nothing that they could do to have a greater impact, she just needs an adult babysitter.

September 13, 2017

By Michael C_2

Right at Home has a very flexible schedule and has the best staff in Connecticut. Whatever that is needed to be done, will be done! They can even help out the young guys like me. Right at Home helps me with transport and I really need a friend.

September 13, 2017

By Ann T_2

Right at Home is very caring and very efficient. Right at Home's services enable me to leave the house and maintain hygiene.

September 11, 2017

By Linda S_6

I would tell a friend that Right at Home is reliable, dependable, and affordable. Right at Home makes my life easier so I can go to work a little bit, and they take care of him while I'm gone.

August 22, 2017

By Robert (_1

Right at Home gave us a good caregiver. She worked well with my mother, and did what I wanted her to do. The caregiver made life easier on me because I didn't have to do the work.

August 09, 2017

By Marilyn H_2

I didn't have any problems with the care from Right at Home, and one of the caregivers was good and would arrive early. Right at Home made life easier by giving me some time off from my wife's care.

August 08, 2017

By John I_1

Right at Home is responsive and really tried to provide the best care, and they tried to match my aunt with those who would work best with her. Right at Home allowed my aunt to stay in her home.

June 26, 2017

By Joseph C

Right at Home is on time with their services. Right at Home has helped me the most by washing my clothes and helping me in the bathroom.

June 12, 2017

By Anonymous_567

I cannot speak for all of the caregivers from Right at Home, but I like my caregiver very much. I like my caregiver, and they are very helpful to me; they have always been helpful to me.

June 09, 2017

By Loretta P_1

Right at Home caregivers are usually on time, knowledgeable, experienced and I've been very pleased with the service. One time someone didn't show up. I'm recovering from surgery and I can't do what I usually do for my loved one, so Right at Home has made life easier.

May 25, 2017

By Anonymous_594

Right at Home provides me with everything that I need and they are responsive to my requests. Right at Home's caregivers are helpful because they are knowledgeable and responsive. They fit the client's needs well.

May 24, 2017

By thea-m

Other

Recommended Right at Home to several peers needing home care for elderly parents, always a much-preferred option than putting them in a home. You can expect an attentive evaluation to determine the best scenario for your situation, whether it be for Alzheimer's, companionship or physical assistance.

May 10, 2017

By John S

I would say that Right at Home's workers are very caring. They match the clients perfectly to the workers. Right at Home has given more attention to my loved one.

March 22, 2017

By Linda S_11

Right at Home is very responsible because they are here when they are supposed to be here and they provide good care. The caregiver is able to come when I am not here, and I am able to trust her to do the work.

March 08, 2017

By Marie G_2

Right at Home is very good because they do what I ask of them. I am satisfied with the agency. The services make my life easier by making sure I am clean, and they help me with walking. The caregiver cooks for me.

March 08, 2017

By Clyde F_1

I would like Right at Home to improve their ability to cover shifts that fall through. I wish they would have someone on-call. I have been told to be ready just in case a caregiver cannot show up, especially on Sunday. When Right at Home isn't there, there is a problem. When they are there, they do the job. I don't have to put my mother in permanent care.

February 27, 2017

By Andrew M_2

I was very satisfied with the care from Right at Home. They accomplished all that we needed them to do. The impact from caregivers at Right at Home differed depending on the caregiver, but I was happy with the overall service.

February 22, 2017

By Michael C

The services from Right at Home are mainly for the elderly. I think Right at Home could improve their services. I have had a couple of problems with caregivers. I like taking nature walks with my caregiver and going to the mall. I would like a caregiver to come once a week instead of every other week.

February 21, 2017

By Dotty246408

Dear Lisa and Staff, Thank you for the memorial tree. Andy would have loved it. We deeply appreciate the wonderful care he received and all the help you gave me. Dotty

February 18, 2017

By Emily C.

What a wonderful gift in John's memory. It is unique and very fitting to mark the passing of a person with a tree giving new life to one of our national forests. Your care of John was very much appreciated by myself and family. You sent us careful and compassionate caregivers. Thank you.

February 09, 2017

By Marilyn H_3

So far, the last two weeks have been all mixed up. This week we finally got a steady caregiver, and that has worked out just fine. The caregivers help my wife get out of bed, take a shower, get dressed, and get breakfast.

January 18, 2017

By Magaly T

I would tell a friend that Right at Home has a person to speak Spanish for my mother, and they took the time to find the right caregiver for my mother. The caregiver helps by showering my mother, doing the laundry, cooking for her, dusting, and doing everything for my mother.

August 25, 2016

By Debra671166

Belinda from Right at Home was a blessing to our whole family. Her dedication to Mom and provision of quality care set her apart. It is evidence, for Belinda, being a caregiver is not a merely a paycheck but a vocation at which she excels. Belinda’s joyful nature encouraged Mom to do what needed to be done and filled her days with laughter and conversation. She quietly observed Mom’s patterns and preferences, and began anticipating Mom’s needs before being asked to do something. She adopted Mom’s schedule and made sure that Mom had access to her favorite food, TV shows, and other creature comforts. Together they did activities Mom had always enjoyed. When Mom was no longer able to leave the house, Belinda would bring Mom out on the back porch to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Mom formed a strong attachment to Belinda. Drawing on years of experience, Belinda recommended resources or services for which Mom was eligible. Since Mom was not keen on going to the local senior center for activities, Belinda requested visitors through hospice to come and chat with Mom about her interests. Belinda proposed buying an electric scooter so that Mom could enjoy a sense of independence while being out. Belinda took the initiative and called hospice whenever she had a concern and did a wonderful job advocating for Mom. The superior quality and level of care that she provided was especially evidence when she was away on break; although the substitutes may have been technically proficient or had pleasant personalities, they lacked the entire package that Belinda possesses. Additionally, Belinda went beyond all expectation with respect to Mom’s poodle and grandson. Belinda took good care of “Maggie” because she recognized that Mom’s happiness and well-being was very much linked to that of her dog. Likewise, Belinda warmly interacted with my 25-year old son, Sam, who has lived in Mom’s house for the past several years. Belinda not only navigated the complexity of having someone else living in the house, she helped Sam prepare for the pending death of his “Gram”, his best buddy since birth. Belinda handled our somewhat unique situation with professionalism and grace. In short, Belinda is an asset to Right at Home.

July 13, 2016

By Louise341335

We used Right at Home for my mom, and they were very good. We would use them again if we need to. They were able to provide a caregiver a day after we called them. She was very friendly and helpful; anything we asked her to do, she did.

By Heather Murphy and familyPRHAF

Thank you so much for planting a tree in my mom's honor. That was very thoughtful of you and means a lot to us. It's really perfect for her as she loved nature. In fact my dad was an environmentalist! I'd also like to thank you for everything you have done to help our family care for mom over the past two years. we really appreciate all your help! With love, Heather Murphy and family.

By Lisa KleinOSTFQ

Thank you for the flowers they were beautiful. My dad was an avid gardener and loved vegetables. The care he received was awesome. Amelia and Carolyn were wonderful.

By ReviewerHQYLR

Dear Tim & Lisa, We could never begin to thank you for your thoughtful care and concern over the last two months. We were trying to make the last few weeks of my father's life as peaceful as possible and with your help I think we achieved our goal. I was so touched to see you at the wake and then to be greeted with a beautiful basket of flowers at the door when we returned. Your work is important to families in distress and we will certainly let our friends who find themselves in similar situations know how helpful you are.

By Carol RachamkinTGZPF

To the staff for Right at Home, thank you for the tree in Florida in our father's name, Paul R.. This was appreciated by us all.

December 16, 2015

By Sandra Grant

Used them this summer for my husband. Phil, the aide, was wonderful. The agency's sign in – sign out system was excellent. Kept tabs on the aide. The owners checked in periodically to make sure everything went well.

November 30, 2015

By Wrong@HomeCare

Should be called Wrong at Home - do not want their caregivers in my home. Rather than work with the client to better serve client's needs, agency became defensive and defended caregiver's lax service. My father was not happy with Right at Home live-in caregiver. She spent her day lying on the sofa playing video games, napping and her nights (when dad was trying to sleep) talking loudly on the phone or loud tv. He had to ask he to keep it down, and repeatedly asked her to leave he felt uncomfortable and intimidated in his own home. My father fell while in their care and they did not contact me, nor did the aide communicate as requested. As his representative, I called the agency and requested a change in aide. They indicated that our request would be honored. Yet, once again Wrong at Home sent the same careless, sloppy aide we had asked not to work with. When dad asked her to load sink full of dirty dishes into the dishwasher - she said she would do it before she leaves in the morning leaving them overnight. Then she put clearly dirty dishes from the dishwasher. She didn't even wash the sheets she used, machine is right in apt. I would not recommend this agency which does not have clients best interest or safety in mind.

Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County takes great pride in the quality and competence of our caregivers. Our valued client’s safety is first and foremost our greatest concern. We seek candidates that not only have the skills and compassion to want to work with the elderly, but also, those candidates must have excellent communication skills. All of our caregivers complete a comprehensive orientation program and must pass a competency test before they are matched, to the best of our ability, with a client. If at any time a client is unhappy with services provided we encourage immediate feedback so that we can make improvements to our service. Right at Home provided respite services for you and your father for a short period of time and made every effort to match the correct caregiver to your loved one. In the situation where your father fell, all procedural steps were followed to find help for your father and then inform you and the Right at Home office immediately. We certainly understand the frustration when a loved one is at risk of injury but we assure you the safety and quality of life for our valued clients are our number one priority. Right at Home is Greater Fairfield County’s trusted in-home care partner.

December 09, 2014

By Dawn22

Right at Home took care of my father. What an amazing company! They were very caring and understanding. I have to say the one person who stood out the most was Kimberly. What an amazing lady! She is such a kind hearted and compassionate woman in my eyes.

June 06, 2013

By haisi

great caregiver, my mom is very pleased and so are we!

July 20, 2011

By SM Leslie

I interviewed this provider

my mother had a fall earlier this year and i called the Danbury office of Right at Home to see if they could be there to help her after she was released from the hospital. My dad has passed and she lives alone. That was 4 months ago. My mother was so pleased with the care that Right at Home provided, we continued to have a caregiver come in 5 days a week to help her every day tasks such as shopping, laundry, meal prep, and med reminders. This takes such a burden off me and my brothers shoulders. Thank you to Riva and the Right at Home staff! You make life so much easier.

From Right at Home Greater Fairfield County

A Little About Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County (RAHFFC) In-Home Care

We provide in-home and in-facility caregiving services (wherever our clients call home), to seniors, and other adults in need. We offer companionship and personal care, to help with everyday tasks that have become challenging for an aging person. We provide customized care plans for each of our clients. Our care coordinators go out to the client’s home, they do a needs assessment. They also do a safety assessment of their home, to look for things in their environment, that may make their home unsafe for them, and make recommendations on how to improve their environment. They then discuss this with the client, and their loved ones, and then fine tune the Care Plan, to best serve the client’s needs. RAHFFC then matches the right caregiver to the right client, to implement that plan. All our caregivers go through an extensive interview process, including background checks. Once hired, they are trained by our staff, and through Right at Home University, on an ongoing basis, to ensure that they're able to deliver the care set out in your loves one's Custom Care Plan, and stay up-to-date, on how best to service our clients. They are all heavily bonded & insured. Once they are assigned to a client, there are regular, on-going visits, to supervise the caregivers, see how things are going with the clients, and their families, and more. Our care coordinators also make surprise visits to see how things are going, when they are not expected at the client’s home. RAHFFC works closely with social workers and discharge planners to ensure a smooth transition.

Just Some of Our Many Services

Our Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and Home Health Aides (HHA), are there to help with mobility issues, bathing & showering, grooming, incontinence, etc. Our caregivers can also serve as companions, going for walks, talking with our clients, playing cards, looking through photos albums, etc. We can provide light housekeeping, meal prep & shopping, laundry, & more. We also provide transportation services, to fun outings, senior centers, doctor appointments, medical treatments, etc.

Flexible Schedules

We can take long and short-term assignments; short shifts, 8- and 12-hour shifts, overnights and live-ins.

Three Offices to Serve You Better

A licensed homecare agency, Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County has three offices – their main one in Monroe and satellites in Danbury, & Westport, CT. RAHFFC offers in-home companionship, respite and personal care assistance to seniors, other disabled adults. They also offer services to special needs adults. Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County services the towns of Bethel, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Bridgewater, Danbury, Easton, Fairfield, Georgetown, Greens Farms, Monroe, Newtown, New Fairfield, New Milford, Norwalk, Oxford, Redding, Roxbury, Sandy Hook, Shelton, Sherman, Southbury, Southport, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport, West Redding, and Wilton.

Payment Options

• V.A. Aid & Attendance
  • Long Term Care Insurance
  • Agency on Aging
  • Private Pay
  • Credit Cards
  • EFT/ACH (Electronic Funds Transfer)

Photos of Right at Home Greater Fairfield County