Firefly Home Care LLC

Contact Now

Reviews of Firefly Home Care LLC

Leroy6 February 27, 2016

The caregivers take good care of us. They do a good job around the house. They're helping and caring. We have Firefly Homecare for more than a year now. I'm satisfied with their care.

Darlene35 February 18, 2016

We absolutely adore Marie. If I’m on a telephone call, she just goes ahead and keeps working. She’s a wonderful girl. We absolutely love her. I really couldn’t say anything negative about her. She’s a very good person.

Judy124271250 February 18, 2016

The girls have been competent to do the things I want them to do. I have Firefly Home Care for 6 months now. The caregivers are professional. They know what they’re supposed to do.

Peter38 January 27, 2016

Firefly Home Care is excellent! I specially like the part where they can drive me around where I want to go. I got big time diabetes and they’re a great help. They do everything for me. They work big time.

Caring75517050 May 14, 2015

We had Firefly for two weeks, and during those two weeks, we had ten different caregivers in the house; that was totally unacceptable. We met with the owner; he was very nice, and he told us that everybody was very experienced and that they only wanted to make my parents comfortable. The first day we had a caregiver come in, she was sick. She could hardly talk; she said she had been coughing up blood and that she was going to have to go to the doctor. A week later, my dad was sick with this lung thing, so it did not make a good first impression. Of course, they apologized all over the place and said, "Oh no, we weren't supposed to be sick going to people's houses and stuff." So the next day, they sent somebody else, and the next day sent somebody else, and the next day sent somebody else. It was just ongoing; it was awful. They were non-medical -- no CNAs or anything like that -- it was just light housekeeping, making meals, and companionship. It was off and on. There were three of them that we liked, but the rest were like checked out. They didn't connect with my parents or even tried to connect with my parents. Most of them had no cooking experience even though they said they loved to cook. It was just not good. And they told us when we were interviewing them to come and take care of my parents that they train everybody, and that was not true either because I talked to the caregivers that came in who said, "Oh, it is so easy getting into this place because we just sign up and then start working." I was really disappointed. They had us give them an $800 deposit, and the cost would have been $400 a week, so they just kept the deposit.

We are very sorry about your bad experience. We work very hard to ensure all of our customers have excellent experiences, which includes providing quick resolutions to issues. In-home care can be a great alternative to long-term care facilities (like assisted living or nursing homes), but it does still involve a caregiver or caregivers coming into your or your family member's home. As such, the health, integrity and professionalism of each of our caregivers is extremely important to us. As a licensed personal services agency through the Indiana Department of Health, we are required to follow all regulations pertaining to home care agencies. We are very selective with our hiring process, and all of our employees must pass criminal history, reference and drug screens. Additionally, all employees must complete our training program, which includes skills evaluations, field training, regular supervision and oversight by management, and each caregiver must pass a test provided by the Indiana Association for Home and Hospice Care, which we are members. We have found that one of the most important aspects to a good in-home care experience is establishing a good relationship between caregiver and client, and this is something that we don't take lightly. The number of different caregivers you saw in a two-week period sounds higher than normal, and we would be happy to investigate this further if you would like to contact us. We are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m by calling 574-830-6121. Again, we are very sorry for your bad experience.

From Firefly Home Care LLC

Helping a loved one stay in the comfort of home while growing old or during the healing process can be a wonderful gift, but it can also be challenging – studies have shown that up to half of family caregivers show signs of clinical depression as a result of the stress caused by caring for a loved one.

Firefly Home Care was founded on the principle of empowering families to remain safe and comfortable together at home without compromising quality of life. Knowing how your loved one is doing and having confidence that his or her needs are being met – especially when you’re not there – can reduce stress and help you enjoy your time together.

Firefly Home Care is a family-owned home care agency serving the Michiana area. Communication and reliability are key ingredients to our high-quality home care program, and we treat all of our clients like our own family. Contact us to talk with a care coordinator and learn more about your home care options, including special services such as chaperoned transportation and transitioning home from a hospital or rehabilitation facility.

Features of Firefly Home Care LLC