Home Helpers and Direct Link Mequon

Overview of Ratings

4.5

July 26, 2017

By Keli_502096

Home Helpers is reliable and caring. They provide quality care us. Home Helpers has made my life easier by coming in when I can't be there.

July 26, 2017

By Russ_502081

I liked that Home Helpers did a home assessment. I have heard from other people using home health that their agencies have a hard time providing a consistent caregiver, but we have not had that problem with Home Helpers. It is really helpful that the caregivers from Home Helpers allow me to have some free time to do other things.

July 21, 2017

By Mardell G_499135

Home Helpers has good communication among their staff. Home Helpers has made my life easier by doing my laundry, helping me shop, take me to my doctor's appointments and going walking with me.

June 09, 2017

By Bruce A_481165

Home Helpers has been really great. They are well-organized and are hard workers. Home Helpers gives us feedback, and they are so friendly.

June 09, 2017

By Jerry M_481160

I am totally pleased with Home Helpers. Home Helpers is very programmed and performs professionally.

June 01, 2017

By Piercefield, M_477572

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers is very professional, and we have enjoyed the well-trained caregivers. I feel like Home Helpers is like a part of our family.

May 22, 2017

By Aaron B_473868

We have used more than one caregiver from Home Helpers because of the amount of help that my husband requires. Every caregiver that has been with my husband has tried and followed the instructions we give. The caregivers have been very conscientious, and they are very pleasant to be around. The biggest reason I love Home Helpers is because they really seem to understand my husband's illness.

May 01, 2017

By Ted N_463365

Home Helpers has good caregivers that they send out to my home.

April 24, 2017

By Al Z

The caregivers take care of me and shop for me. I enjoy the company the caregivers provide.

April 21, 2017

By Patterson, S

The services are helpful because I am not physically able to do everything my husband's care requires, so the caregivers do it.

April 03, 2017

By Stephanie L

Home Helpers' services gave me a good start in coming home and getting situated.

March 20, 2017

By Anita N

Home Helpers lets me get out of the house to do errands while someone is here with my husband

March 03, 2017

By Lukacs, M

The service does not have much of an impact because Home Helpers comes when my mom is sleeping. They may give her a drink or snack.

January 29, 2013

By Henrietta1

My daughter and her husband knew of Home Helpers and got them for me. I like the girl that they sent. I have no complaints towards them. I've been happy with them around to help me. They're very good and I'm satisfied with their service.

September 12, 2012

By Mark5

My folks moved to an Assisted Living Community and been there since October 2011. My folks have two different situations going on. My mom has dementia and is physically fine. My dad is 35 mentally but physically he can not walk 10 steps without losing his breath. Around summer, we knew we needed a greater level of support in their Assisted Living Community. Home Helpers sends in a caregiver 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to help my parents maintain their apartment, companionship, personal support such as dressing and showering and create different levels of activities for them. They all do such a great job in helping them get through their day and we have become very dependent on them very quickly. They provide just the right caregivers and that isn't always easy scheduling as we do need them 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. We did interview several agencies in the area but what made our decision is having Tim and Laura. Tim is extremely dedicated and provides just the right customer experience and Laura is a register nurse and Laura provides another perspective to my parents care. We are treated like we are part of their family and they are there for us every step of the way. The level of service exceeds our expectations!

September 07, 2012

By Alice24

I have Tammy and I'm well satisfied with her. She does very good work. She goes right ahead and I don't have to tell her what to do. She knows what are things to be done. My cardiologist suggested I might like Home Helpers and thought I'd give them a try. At the time, they were just starting their business. Tammy comes to my place twice a week and helps me around with cleaning and laundry. She's been with me ever since I came out from rehab last April of this year. She represents the company very well.

August 13, 2012

By Dan8

They were recommended to us by the minister of our church. I have been incredibly impressed with Home Helpers company. They have some wonderful caregivers. They really improved the quality of my mom and dad's lives. My mom is 90 and my dad is 95. Dad is in mid-stage Alzheimer's disease. My mother has many physical problems. She fell and broke her legs a year ago or so with a spinal fracture. Since then she had a lot of mobility problems. The caregivers take care of my mom and dad from 9 in the evening until 9 in the morning. They provide them exercise in the morning.

August 13, 2012

By Pat3

I know the Bireley family. I have known them for years, so I was very comfortable using their service. I just know how they work and raise a family and did other businesses. I felt more comfortable using somebody I know than another firm which may have been in business longer than Home Helpers. My parents had no complaints at all with them. It worked out real fine between the caregivers and my parents. I have them in the morning 5 days a week. They make sure my parents are up and have breakfast. I've set out their morning pills and the caregivers make sure they are taken. They take care of their lunch. I am very happy and very comfortable having them. I don't worry about being away from home. We have been with them since they started the company in April.

From Home Helpers and Direct Link Mequon

"If you would like some help around the home, as you continue to recover from surgery, illness, or injury; or maybe you just need a little extra help to continue living independently, please think of us."

Home Helpers
Non-Medical Home Care

Territory Served:

• ALL of Ozaukee & Washington County
  • Parts of Waukesha, Milwaukee, and Sheboygan County

Owners:

• Laura Bireley - is a Registered Nurse with 25 years of Cardiology experience
  • Tim Bireley - is a Certified Senior Advisor, CPA, and MBA with 30 years the of health care industry
  • On-call 24x7 to meet your needs

• Drug tested
  • Have license validated with State
  • Trained by owners

What is our approach?

• The owners meet with every client and their family to develop the Care Plan, and they personally introduce every caregiver to the family.
  • Our focus is to listen & fully understand your needs.
  • Our caregivers possess the intrinsic values we hold dearly; respect, dignity, kindness, compassion & proactive advocacy.

How can we help you?

Here are just a few of the services we can provide:

• Laundry and light housekeeping
  • Grocery shopping and run errands
  • Take to appointments and meetings
  • Meal planning and preparation
  • Pick-up prescription
  • Prescription medication reminders
  • Bathing and personal hygiene
  • Wardrobe selection and dressing
  • Read mail write letters and pay bills
  • Take walks - Visit family and friends
  • ...and of course, Companionship

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes