Companion Home Care of Long Island, Inc.

Contact Now

Reviews of Companion Home Care of Long Island, Inc.

Caring97958850 August 26, 2014

Overall, I was very pleased with Companion Home Care. There was only one day that had a slight mix up of the schedule. They were not able to cover and I had to be there for a couple of hours. Other than that, I consider them excellent.

Bernard6 August 25, 2014

I found Companion Home Care through a friend's advertisement. The agency was very prompt, courteous, and responsive. The caregiver they provided was outstanding. I had no problems with the management in regards to billing and scheduling.

Tom96295250 July 22, 2014

Companion HomeCare did a very good job. The care was for my father who was having a dementia. We had two people coming everyday, one during day time and one during night time. They made sure that my dad get his medication. The caregivers are young but they handled the job very well. My father was difficult sometimes but they get along well. Also, the management was very cooperative and helpful. I have no issues with them in terms of billing or scheduling.

Caring96130350 July 19, 2014

Companion Home Care were fine and they were also very accommodating. The people that they sent over were very nice and did what they were supposed to do like making sure that meals were taken, run to the grocery stores, pick up prescriptions or go to doctor's appointment. I would use them again if I had the opportunity.

AJPLI June 08, 2012

I wouldn't look for anyone else if I needed to hire a home companion for me or someone in my family. She is caring, compassionate, professional and smart. Unless she moves her company to the moon, I plan to call on her services in the future.

Felice June 08, 2012

I contacted Dorothy at Companion Home Care regarding live-in companion services for my Mother. She truly was caring, explained the home care service in depth, and was very accommodating. It was important to me that the person I hired would be totally attentive with my Mom. Dorothy provided me with three individuals to interview, but I opted to meet with just one who I did hire and was extremely satisfied with. The unfortunate thing is that my Mother was terminal, and from the time of her illness to her passing, it was fast and furious. My only regret is not having the foresight to hire an in-home companion months, perhaps years, earlier. The compassion and service provided was excellent.

oldcliff1 June 07, 2012

Dorothy cared for my mother for the last year of her life. She contributed so much to her that words cannot express. I met Dorothy at a party after I was told by a family member who works for New York's 2nd largest homecare company that it would take them 10-12 days to get a caregiver for my own mother. Within 6 hours Dorothy placed a wonderful caregiver. Initially, Due to some cultural differences we though it may not be a fit.. But, as time we on my mother and the caregiver that Dorothy placed with her were like the very best of friends! It was like Dorothy knew exactly who to place in the home with my mom. I truly can't say enough about how great Dorothy really is. I would do anything for this lady!

From Companion Home Care of Long Island, Inc.

Family Owned and Operated

Companion Home Care offers a variety of private pay services to enrich the daily lives of our clients. Our caregivers are so much more than companions. They are trained to make living at home a joy for each and every client.

For so many, the idea of aging and requiring assistance can be overwhelming. Our caregivers strive to assure that the client feels as comforted by their presence as they would if it were a family member or close friend.

The services performed by our caregivers include:

We are an In-home care agency. We specialize in live in and hourly In Home Care and will also service clients in ALF, hospitals, nursing homes.

Companionship

As seniors age and become less able to care for their own daily needs they tend to withdraw and suffer from feelings of helplessness and depression. Our caregivers are trained to encourage the client to stick with their established daily routine. They will provide socialization, play their favorite game, assist with correspondence to friends and family, go for a walk and so much more.

Light Housekeeping

Your caregivers will do the daily dusting, vacuuming and laundry. They will change the bed linens on a regular basis and make sure the home is neat and orderly as the client would have had it when they, themselves had been able to do these tasks. This contributes to the client having a sense of continuity and security. A comforting feeling that little has changed.

Meal Preparation

Your caregiver will prepare favorite meals and assure that your loved one eats on a regular basis. They will enjoy mealtime together, again, enhancing the feeling of family and reducing feelings of loneliness and isolation.

Liquid Intake

Many seniors do not consume enough liquids, most importantly water and your caregiver will encourage this.

Medication Reminders

Your caregiver will keep track of the clients medication schedule and remind them when it is time to take any required medication.

Travel and Transportation

Your caregiver will drive to appointments or activities that are requested*. Whether it be a trip to the park, the doctors office or their favorite bingo game, the client will enjoy full mobility.

Other Daily Activities

Your caregiver will assist and supervise with bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulation, monitor food freshness, do the grocery shopping, bring in the mail, water houseplants and so much more...

Features of Companion Home Care of Long Island, Inc.

Rates

• Rate for hourly care: $23.50
  • Rate for live-in care: $230.00/ Rate for live-in weekend care: $250.00

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Range of services extra: Incidental Transportation (with agreement of 12 hrs per week or more)

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We check sexual offender databases

Payment options

• Credit card
  • Payment options extra: MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address