Home Help Companions

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Help Companions

Mary25 November 15, 2012

My big, huge extended family are so thankful to Donna and her exceptional staff of Chris, Kaitlyn and Linda for the care, and friendship, that they show to my two elderly aunts and two elderly uncles. From the time Donna walked in the house to do a needs assessment for the group, we have known that this was the correct step to take in providing excellent home health care, as well as activities of daily living for these folks. They have been accepting of the entire extended family as we try to provide feedback and some insight into their needs. I hear nothing but positive comments from my aunts and uncles with the care that they are receiving. The only additional thoughts that we have concerning the present care is that we would like to increase the number of hours per day that we will have staff coming in as we all believe that the crew would benefit from this. My thanks to Home Help Companions.

Cheryl3 November 15, 2012

I spoke with about 3 different companies and Home Help Companions seemed the most willing to work with me. They're very kind and compassionate. I was unable to walk and my husband has just gotten a job in Florida and is leaving the next day. I was scared to death. I could not be left alone. We're self paying. They were able to handle my needs. They were here with me about 12 hours. They would come in at 8:00 in the morning. They help me with my bathroom needs, fix me breakfast, and stay with me during the day. She might leave for a little while and then I have another caregiver come in from like 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm until 12:00 midnight at first. They were just so kind. They take really good care of their clients. They make you feel like family. They've been taking care of me now since March and they've just been wonderful. They also take me to my doctor's appointments because I can't drive. They work with me with whatever I need. They just make you feel cared for and that you're not just a number. They make you feel that they really care about you and your welfare. They make you feel like family.

Robbie1 November 15, 2012

A lot of things they provide are exactly what we needed for my grandfather. Some of the other agencies don't provide everything that Home Help Companions do. They're very professional. They have people that can be counted on. They fill in the times that I can't do. They basically do whatever he needs like fix meals for him. It's been a really good experience with them.

Bonnie5 November 15, 2012

I went out on Google and typed in Home Help for the local area and they came up. I clicked on something that let them know that I had clicked on it and they called me. I was very impressed with Donna who owns the company. I enjoyed talking with her. She's a little bit younger than I am and she's running her own business and everything. She explained to me why she started it, because of a situation when her father was in his later stage of life and the troubles that she had with home health companies.

My mother in law is 93 years old and today I had to put her in a nursing home. We only had their services for probably less than a month. For 3 days a week, my mother in-law agreed to have a young woman come in the mornings and in the evenings. She would help her get up and fix breakfast and come back in the evenings to help her fix something to eat and help put her to bed. My mother in-law is only willing to do it 3 times a week. She's still one of those feisty 93-year olds that does not want help.

We had to take her to the emergency room yesterday and she finally realized that she needs more help than what she can afford. Anyway, I do not interact with the caregiver, Rachel, personally. My mother in-law did. She found that she's attentive and did everything she ask. I liked Chris, their administrator or case manager person. Both he and Donna made us all feel comfortable as far as whatever my mother in-law wanted and they're always there. We just appreciate all their attention. They didn't overlook her because she's 93 and she's feeble. They have respect for her which is what my husband and I appreciated.

Carl2 October 29, 2012

Home Help Companions is just close by to the area where we live. They had different caregivers come in on schedule and we settled on one who's name is Sarah. She's very concerned about my mom. She takes very good care of her. She has a daily log that she keeps on mom's blood pressure and sugar and her vital signs. She takes care of her personal needs too. We're very pleased with her. We've had Home Help Companions since July and I'm really happy having them around.

From Home Help Companions

Home Help Companions Service Augusta, GA & Aiken, SC and other surrounding areas.

Home Help Companions provides qualified and caring home care support for seniors including personal, non-medical care when you need it. In addition to qualified and caring home care support, we also provide respite care for those recovering from surgery, illness or injury. We even assist new moms and working parents with qualified and caring home care support when a helpful hand is needed around the house.

Home Help Companions offers something uniquely different in regard to Personal Support Services for families to consider, because now you can stay right at home instead. Therefore, we offer Skill Levels of care, so individuals can choose the level of services they are in need of, along with a description as to the scope of features offered at each level of care.

Our prices are affordable and skill levels as follows: CNA/PCA I, (Certified Nursing Assistant/ Personal Care Attendant) for Companion/Sitters, CNA II for Personal Support Assistance and CNA III for Medically Frail family members. Our caregivers communicate daily with the nursing and management team of Home Help Companions electronically to ensure that changes in condition, behavior or progress can be shared with the family in Real Time. With access to this information and we can immediately share suggestions to adjust the care plan for your loved one, to maximize their quality of life in their own home or apartment, therefore extending their independence. We are licensed and insured, plus we have a wonderful catalog of caregivers available for an immediate start and will develop a personalized plan of care for each client, delivered wherever our client calls home.

We provide all staffing and support services for non-medical personal care, and all of our caregivers are fully screened, insured, and bonded for your safety. They are also licensed or certified to provide in-home care services. Home Help Companions is proud to be a care-based company backed by 15 years of experience, and our goal is to be an extended family to yours in your time of need. Free in-home consultations are our standard, and we personalize all care for your individual wants, needs, budget, and lifestyle.

Our Home Care Support & Respite Care Services Include:

• In-Home Senior
  • Child Care Services
  • & Respite Care

Areas Served

Augusta, GA & areas including: Evans, Martinez, Grovetown, & Hephzibah, GA Now Serving Aiken, SC & areas including: North Augusta, Graniteville, Warrenville and New Ellenton, SC.

Features of Home Help Companions

• Licenses: Private Home Care Provider

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants
  • Range of services extra: Home Maker Services

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Credit card
  • Check
  • Payment options extra: VA Aid & Attendance

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address