Hcp_cert

Reviews of BrightStar Care Madison

Liza D_528938 September 23, 2017

I would say that BrightStar Care was very caring and well-prepared. BrightStar Care made my life better because we were able to keep my mother in our home. We wouldn't have been able to without BrightStar Care.

Walter S_528327 September 22, 2017

I have dealt with quite a few people in BrightStar Care and that despite my reservations the people that came seemed competent. The services weren't very helpful but that was not a problem with BrightStar Care, it was just a situation that we had been forced into.

Angie S_522945 September 13, 2017

BrightStar Care needs to be more consistent with the way that they do the exercises with me. The main purpose for using the services is to help me with my exercises.

Myron August 24, 2017

My friend has BrightStar coming into her own home. They come and do the housekeeping, they do errands for you, they help you with meals if you like, pretty much anything you want them to do inside the house. Outside the home, you can take them grocery shopping and to doctors' appointments. It's not the same person every day, that's the only drawback. She has them coming in during the week and then on the weekend she doesn't want anybody coming in. It's more expensive than being in assisted living, but for the time being, it's doable cost-wise. We had a few problems, but everything is working well now.

Tyler M February 08, 2017

My mother uses BrightStar Care Madison and I can tell they really care about her. They are always very respectful.

Toby Wallach December 17, 2016

Brightstar had a good reputation nationally, but after months of bad experiences I found that friends of mine had suffered the same problems with Madison’s Brightstar franchise. We all had the same view: Brightstar Madison’s management is terrible and the caretakers are of mixed quality. I expect Brightstar will respond to this by blaming me - that's what they did when I raised concerns with my care and what I learned they also did with my friends when they tried to raise problems. • My case manager was downright mean. When I raised problems with specific caregivers, she would argue with me, say I was the problem and try to get me to agree to keep them. She tried to bully me into accepting male caregivers when I did not feel comfortable with men helping me with bathing/toileting. (Despite months of my being a client and more than sufficient time to arrange appropriate caretakers for me, she'd claim if I did not accept a male caretaker then they had no one to care for me, which of course she knew was a non-starter as I am confined to a wheel chair. ) She was so abrasive that I began to dread contacting Brightstar and often would end up in tears when I did – a absurd situation as I was paying them a lot of money. • The caregivers are mixed. Some were truly terrific –knowledgeable, hardworking and kind. The nurser supervisor working with me was wonderful. But many of the good caregivers leave because Brightstar pays considerably less than local hospitals and nursing homes. That means too many of the caregivers they dispatched had limited capabilities and/or bad interpersonal skills and/or just sat around/slept/played with their phones unless I explicitly told them to do the most obvious things. One that Brightstar argued I should keep would lie on my bed and complain to me about Brightstar and about her life, get angry with me when I asked her to stop that and grumble when I asked her to help me. • There were not adequate systems in place to ensure the latest new caregiver in the constant revolving door of staff knew about my needs or had the skills to meet them and I am talking about the most basic things. I did not need specialized care and I am very sharp mentally so I could train them myself and correct them when they were doing something wrong, but heaven forbid you actually had to rely on these people to stay safe. I had never used one of these services, so did not know what to expect when I called on Brightstar after a serious auto accident. But now that I have a good service helping me and have spoken with others who have also had bad experiences with this company, I know that Brightstar is bad news.

Matthew1234 December 07, 2016

I was looking online for help. My 92 year old aunt had been living alone for quite sometime. I was not able to give her the care she needed. I went and looked for in home care, and when I read the reviews for BrightStar/Madison I knew I had to give them a shot..I am glad I did, They have helped my aunt become even more independent! She has some one she knows and trusts that meets with her daily. I am glad I made the move.

GaryMorgan October 12, 2016

BightStar's Aides were all very punctual, capable , tender and compassionate towards my wife. I could not ask for more. BrightStar is the very best in their field.

JessieD September 13, 2016

We were thrilled to find out that BrightStar would take care of my mother with dementia full time, as well as taking care of my sister two young daughters while she is working. We've been thrilled with the services thus far and BrightStar's suggestions.

Pat126292950 March 31, 2016

BrightStar Care has been excellent, and the staff has a very positive attitude. They are accredited by the same group that credits hospitals. They have activities daily.

Caring113702250 September 30, 2015

The caregivers from BrightStar Care have been very good. The only difficulty we have found is with the office itself. They seem to have problems getting organized around schedules. Otherwise, the service has met our expectations. Someone comes everyday for 10 hours to care for my mother-in-law to basically keep her comfortable, go for walks, feed her and provide any help that she might need. I like the caregivers and I would recommend them, but I do not like the system that they use to schedule. They just need to figure out how to make sure that they deliver on the promise that somebody would be home when you need it.

Cande April 15, 2014

My dad is not cared for. Housework was never done. Food was not prepared. Caregivers are always on their cell phones. Very unhappy as a daughter of the patient. I have contacted the company prior and nothing was done about it.

Suzanne in Madison July 11, 2011

I interviewed this provider

BrightStar's amazing caregivers really helped us when we had health crisis. My husband was in a terrible accident and we have two small children. Our caregivers helped with my husband's care, housekeeping, errands and even babysitting. Things would have been much more difficult without them. I was happy when my husband improved but sad to see the caregivers go.

Phil C July 06, 2011

BrightStar has truly been a lifesaver for me ever since I had a major stroke two and half years ago. BrightStar has enabled me to go back to living independently in my condo, as I did before the stroke, with 2 to 3 visits per week by my outstanding caregiver.BrightStar has an amazing capability to match the caregiver skills with my exact needs. They have been able to provide exactly what I needed in a caregiver, and if they don't get it right the first time, they will continue until they find the perfect match. My caregiver demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism and I can rely on her 100%. BrightStar has enabled me to have a quality of life, which would not have been possible without them, and I am forever grateful.

Kollie July 06, 2011

The comprehensive services from BrightStar has made life "brighter", not only for my husband-the client-,but also for me, the round the clock caregiver. Their CNA's are capable of assisting w/multi-tasks of caregiving prescribed by BrightStar RN or client's Physical Therapist & Dr.. Simple household tasks & respite care are handled graciously as requested whether regular CNA is available or substitute. While sexual preference is respected, all CNA providers are well-trained, polite and willingly go about their assignments with little direction. Thus our rating of 5 Stars for BrightStar.

From BrightStar Care Madison

Quality matters, regardless of the level of care you or a loved one may need. Whether it's transportation services, respite or personal care, your family deserves the best. At BrightStar, we believe when it comes to your health and wellbeing, there should be no compromises made. That's why we are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to bring more "“ more dependability, more security, more peace of mind "“ to the lives of the families and organizations we serve each and every day.

From childcare to elder care, the BrightStar team is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our RN and Social Worker Case Managers will ensure that each client and family receives the highest level of care and service. You can always reach out to us at (608) 441-8620.

Personal Care

• Mobile Laboratory Services
  • And much more!

Caregivers

Caregiver Skills lnclude:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Transition Issues, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers are employed, bonded and insured: : Yes