BrightStar Care Madison

Reviews of BrightStar Care Madison

Overview of Ratings

4.3

By Verda R_1

BrightStar Care is a very nice company. They do everything they say they will do. The services help me with light housekeeping. I like having the extra help.

By Becky H_1

I would tell a friend that BrightStar Care is very accommodating, understands dementia in all stages, and very easy to work with. It's a relief having BrightStar Care as a third come in and help.

By Carol S_2

BrightStar Care takes care of what we need. The caregivers from BrightStar Care will clean and dust for me.

By Daryl L_1

BrightStar Care has great personnel. They are concerned about my loved one and established a very good relationship with her. I can call a day ahead of time, and I get services.

By Anonymous_20

The only issue with BrightStar Care is the cost. It helped so I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night repeatedly.

By Frank R_2

BrightStar Care's caregivers are very qualified and very caring as well as very professional. My wife needed a lot of care, so BrightStar Care was able to be there for her when I couldn't be.

By Karen T_3

The caregivers from BrightStar Care are very well trained, which makes each day go easier. The services allow me to work; otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay BrightStar Care.

By Bonnie B_2

BrightStar Care provided caregivers that were extremely kind to me. The services made my life easier by helping me with my hygiene needs.

November 21, 2017

By Cindy A

BrightStar Care is very punctual, professional, and my loved one likes them. The caregivers get my loved one out of bed, help with bathing, and make sure my loved one does the things that are necessary. It is very important.

November 21, 2017

By Shulamit E_1

I would recommend BrightStar Care because of their reliability. The service has helped me just by being here.

November 17, 2017

By Bill Y

BrightStar Care came in and did the job. The only downside I saw was the quality wasn't consistent between caregivers. I was not able to care for my loved one by myself and BrightStar Care allowed her to stay home.

November 16, 2017

By Nancy K_2

Everything with BrightStar Care has gone so well when they give me rides. I am able to do so much more with their services. Since I can no longer drive, they offer me a lot of services.

November 14, 2017

By Myron L_1

BrightStar Care has been very courteous and helpful. The services from BrightStar Care have made life easier by being available and making sure that my loved one is aware that caregivers will be coming to help her.

November 09, 2017

By Sandra P_1

The person that I have is really good. She really helps me when she massages my feet and gives me my bath. She takes good care of me. BrightStar Care has made a big difference in my life. I think BrightStar Care is doing a really great job right now. My caregiver gets a lot of things done for me so I don't have to bend. It really makes my life a lot easier.

November 02, 2017

By Tom C_2

BrightStar Care has a good crew and they take care of what they need. They have a good, accurate billing system. BrightStar Care helps me get in and out of bed and my wheelchair, they take care of my needs.

By Anonymous_134

BrightStar Care is professional, has good supervision, and has a good continuum of people involved in the program. They are attentive. My loved one didn't completely understand what was going on around them and didn't like the care, but for me, I knew there was somebody taking care of day-to-day things. The person who was managing caretakers was always in contact with me.

By Scott Y_1

My experience is very limited with life since I sit all day watching TV, and BrightStar Care makes my life better by helping me get out of my chair so I can be active and clean. Everyone from BrightStar Care is very nice and when they come into my home, they make sure that I am clean, dressed well, well feed, as well as loved before they leave.

By Sandy S_1

BrightStar Care is dependable, personable, and they take an interest in the patients. The gal that we have from BrightStar Care does everything. She's wonderful, and I'm not sure there's anything we could do to improve her. She anticipates our needs.

October 23, 2017

By Michael D

I would say that a lot of the caregivers are good, but the weekend and nights are harder to receive good care. BrightStar Care keeps Marjorie from falling and she is really happy to have them there. The caregivers let me know how she is doing at all times and gives me updates on her medications and how she is doing with taking them.

October 20, 2017

By Anonymous_227

I would tell a friend that BrightStar Care CNA's are good, but the price is high. BrightStar Care makes my life easier by freeing up my time so I can get other things done, and I also appreciate that my caregivers drive me places.

October 04, 2017

By Colleen M

I would recommend BrightStar Care because I am impressed with the work and the caregiver. I feel like BrightStar Care goes above and beyond. BrightStar Care's caregivers help clean the house, take care of the cat, help with meals, and help with showers. The caregivers are willing to help keep me active in the community.

By Sue B_2

I've been very pleased with the well-trained caregivers from BrightStar Care. They do well at what they do. It can be difficult to find caregivers. BrightStar Care has helped balance the caregiving needs, and they give me a break. They give my husband someone else to talk to.

By Linda C_1

The caregivers that they are hiring are not as good as last year. I tell them what to do and they don't do it. I leave stuff in the floor and I can't find it, and they don't help me find it. I can do it all by myself. BrightStar Care could get better caregivers to do the work, and they should be able to at least clean a little.

By Don W_1

BrightStar Care is dependable. BrightStar Care provides quality care that makes my life easier.

By Dolores Z

BrightStar Care's caregivers are prompt and professional. The most helpful aspect of Peter's services is that he is able to be comfortable in the home and I can get away when I need to.

October 02, 2017

By Austin S

I liked the caregivers that came in because they were very nice. The caregivers came and did everything that I needed.

September 22, 2017

By Liza D

I would say that BrightStar Care was very caring and well-prepared. BrightStar Care made my life better because we were able to keep my mother in our home. We wouldn't have been able to without BrightStar Care.

September 22, 2017

By Walter S_3

I have dealt with quite a few people in BrightStar Care and that despite my reservations the people that came seemed competent. The services weren't very helpful but that was not a problem with BrightStar Care, it was just a situation that we had been forced into.

September 13, 2017

By Angie S_1

BrightStar Care needs to be more consistent with the way that they do the exercises with me. The main purpose for using the services is to help me with my exercises.

August 24, 2017

By Myron

My friend has BrightStar coming into her own home. They come and do the housekeeping, they do errands for you, they help you with meals if you like, pretty much anything you want them to do inside the house. Outside the home, you can take them grocery shopping and to doctors' appointments. It's not the same person every day, that's the only drawback. She has them coming in during the week and then on the weekend she doesn't want anybody coming in. It's more expensive than being in assisted living, but for the time being, it's doable cost-wise. We had a few problems, but everything is working well now.

February 08, 2017

By Tyler M

My mother uses BrightStar Care Madison and I can tell they really care about her. They are always very respectful.

December 17, 2016

By Toby Wallach

Brightstar had a good reputation nationally, but after months of bad experiences I found that friends of mine had suffered the same problems with Madison’s Brightstar franchise. We all had the same view: Brightstar Madison’s management is terrible and the caretakers are of mixed quality. I expect Brightstar will respond to this by blaming me - that's what they did when I raised concerns with my care and what I learned they also did with my friends when they tried to raise problems. • My case manager was downright mean. When I raised problems with specific caregivers, she would argue with me, say I was the problem and try to get me to agree to keep them. She tried to bully me into accepting male caregivers when I did not feel comfortable with men helping me with bathing/toileting. (Despite months of my being a client and more than sufficient time to arrange appropriate caretakers for me, she'd claim if I did not accept a male caretaker then they had no one to care for me, which of course she knew was a non-starter as I am confined to a wheel chair. ) She was so abrasive that I began to dread contacting Brightstar and often would end up in tears when I did – a absurd situation as I was paying them a lot of money. • The caregivers are mixed. Some were truly terrific –knowledgeable, hardworking and kind. The nurser supervisor working with me was wonderful. But many of the good caregivers leave because Brightstar pays considerably less than local hospitals and nursing homes. That means too many of the caregivers they dispatched had limited capabilities and/or bad interpersonal skills and/or just sat around/slept/played with their phones unless I explicitly told them to do the most obvious things. One that Brightstar argued I should keep would lie on my bed and complain to me about Brightstar and about her life, get angry with me when I asked her to stop that and grumble when I asked her to help me. • There were not adequate systems in place to ensure the latest new caregiver in the constant revolving door of staff knew about my needs or had the skills to meet them and I am talking about the most basic things. I did not need specialized care and I am very sharp mentally so I could train them myself and correct them when they were doing something wrong, but heaven forbid you actually had to rely on these people to stay safe. I had never used one of these services, so did not know what to expect when I called on Brightstar after a serious auto accident. But now that I have a good service helping me and have spoken with others who have also had bad experiences with this company, I know that Brightstar is bad news.

December 07, 2016

By Matthew1234

I was looking online for help. My 92 year old aunt had been living alone for quite sometime. I was not able to give her the care she needed. I went and looked for in home care, and when I read the reviews for BrightStar/Madison I knew I had to give them a shot..I am glad I did, They have helped my aunt become even more independent! She has some one she knows and trusts that meets with her daily. I am glad I made the move.

October 12, 2016

By GaryMorgan

BightStar's Aides were all very punctual, capable , tender and compassionate towards my wife. I could not ask for more. BrightStar is the very best in their field.

September 13, 2016

By JessieD

We were thrilled to find out that BrightStar would take care of my mother with dementia full time, as well as taking care of my sister two young daughters while she is working. We've been thrilled with the services thus far and BrightStar's suggestions.

March 31, 2016

By Pat126292950

BrightStar Care has been excellent, and the staff has a very positive attitude. They are accredited by the same group that credits hospitals. They have activities daily.

September 30, 2015

The caregivers from BrightStar Care have been very good. The only difficulty we have found is with the office itself. They seem to have problems getting organized around schedules. Otherwise, the service has met our expectations. Someone comes everyday for 10 hours to care for my mother-in-law to basically keep her comfortable, go for walks, feed her and provide any help that she might need. I like the caregivers and I would recommend them, but I do not like the system that they use to schedule. They just need to figure out how to make sure that they deliver on the promise that somebody would be home when you need it.

April 15, 2014

By Cande

My dad is not cared for. Housework was never done. Food was not prepared. Caregivers are always on their cell phones. Very unhappy as a daughter of the patient. I have contacted the company prior and nothing was done about it.

July 11, 2011

By Suzanne in Madison

I interviewed this provider

BrightStar's amazing caregivers really helped us when we had health crisis. My husband was in a terrible accident and we have two small children. Our caregivers helped with my husband's care, housekeeping, errands and even babysitting. Things would have been much more difficult without them. I was happy when my husband improved but sad to see the caregivers go.

July 06, 2011

By Phil C

BrightStar has truly been a lifesaver for me ever since I had a major stroke two and half years ago. BrightStar has enabled me to go back to living independently in my condo, as I did before the stroke, with 2 to 3 visits per week by my outstanding caregiver.BrightStar has an amazing capability to match the caregiver skills with my exact needs. They have been able to provide exactly what I needed in a caregiver, and if they don't get it right the first time, they will continue until they find the perfect match. My caregiver demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism and I can rely on her 100%. BrightStar has enabled me to have a quality of life, which would not have been possible without them, and I am forever grateful.

July 06, 2011

By Kollie

The comprehensive services from BrightStar has made life "brighter", not only for my husband-the client-,but also for me, the round the clock caregiver. Their CNA's are capable of assisting w/multi-tasks of caregiving prescribed by BrightStar RN or client's Physical Therapist & Dr.. Simple household tasks & respite care are handled graciously as requested whether regular CNA is available or substitute. While sexual preference is respected, all CNA providers are well-trained, polite and willingly go about their assignments with little direction. Thus our rating of 5 Stars for BrightStar.

From BrightStar Care Madison

Quality matters, regardless of the level of care you or a loved one may need. Whether it's transportation services, respite or personal care, your family deserves the best. At BrightStar, we believe when it comes to your health and wellbeing, there should be no compromises made. That's why we are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to bring more "“ more dependability, more security, more peace of mind "“ to the lives of the families and organizations we serve each and every day.

From childcare to elder care, the BrightStar team is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our RN and Social Worker Case Managers will ensure that each client and family receives the highest level of care and service. You can always reach out to us at (608) 441-8620.

Personal Care

• Mobile Laboratory Services
  • And much more!

Caregivers

Caregiver Skills lnclude:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Transition Issues, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers are employed, bonded and insured: : Yes