Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

By Janet

Home Instead would have gotten a 5 if they had provided better transportation options for my regular caregiver when her car was at the dealership for repairs so she could keep on seeing me. Also, schedulers did not always keep me up to date of what was happening with my caregiver. I am a client for over 5 years now and have had the same caregiver for most of the time. I am very happy with that; we have become friends.

By Mary

I really enjoy Bethany and Carolyn. They call when someone new is coming. They don't send somebody unannounced.

By Edward

Juanita is my caregiver. She does a superb job and I would not like a substitute. I would consider a different service should she be replaced.

By Surprisingly Pleased

Home Instead provided well trained, caring, kind and reliable individuals who care for my Mom, 91 years old. As promised, in the rare event our caregiver needed to miss a day, Home Instead provided a replacement after notifying us. I was very reluctant at first to leave my mother in a stranger's care, but the caregivers came in and knew exactly what to do - so they never felt like strangers.

By Diane

Barbara is a godsend to me. Thank you Home Instead for giving me a very capable caretaker. Home Instead Senior Care has made my quality of life better.

By Dorothy

Jana is a fine caretaker, both for my mother and my dad. My mother is very fond of her and Jana seems to enjoy taking care of her. She always has a bright smile on her face.

September 24, 2017

By Elaine

My caretaker, Barbara, has been of great care for my needs. I would be lost without Home Instead Senior Care. Thank you.

September 24, 2017

By Cyril

Very good care.

September 21, 2017

By John

I am very pleased with the service received from my caregiver. She is very courteous and always concerned and supportive.

September 14, 2017

By Margaret

Have had excellent care from caregivers from Home Instead. They take great care of my husband.

September 14, 2017

By Carol

We were in need of transportation services and Home Instead provided us with exactly what we needed. The driver showed up on time, drove safely and brought my husband to his doctor's appointment right on time. We were very please with this service and grateful that Home Instead responded quickly and efficiently

September 09, 2017

By Carl

Everyone has been very helpful, polite and courteous.

August 21, 2017

By g r v

Other

Such a remarkable experience; the quality of care and the devotion my mother receives is such a blessing. Her care providers are exceptionally kind, engaging and very caring.

August 15, 2017

By Diana GAIL

We were in a state of urgency to have someone stay with my parents. When I called the 800 number they put me through to Lynn. She came out within 30 minutes. After evaluating our situation we had 24/7 care started within another 30 minutes. It was such a relief knowing someone was there to help with my parents care and I could have some peace of mind. They went above and beyond my expectations for the week we used this service. I can't say enough good things about them. Due to my parents declining health I'm sure we will use them again. Very compassionate people!!

August 04, 2017

By nemcat1212

We have used Home Instead for 8 months now. We've been very pleased with their services and the caretakers they have sent us have been excellent for the most part. There have been some that have been 5 stars and some 3 stars, but all very nice. We still use them occasionally, but do not need them on a regular basis any longer.

July 17, 2017

By E.M.

We used Home Instead in the past. Some of the caregivers they sent were good, but some weren't, and I didn't like that there were different caregivers. It was hard for my husband to get used to them. A lot of caregivers didn't speak English, and it was hard for my husband to understand. They helped in bathing, personal care, and exercises that the physical therapist laid out. The schedule was not regular; sometimes I was aware of the change, and sometimes not.
Hi E.M., thank you so much for your feedback. I enjoyed speaking with you on the phone and appreciate the preferences you indicated for you husband’s care. The more we understand about our client’s preferences the better able we are to meet them. It is certainly our goal to exceed every client’s expectations, if we did not meet yours I am sorry. Please call me anytime if you want to discuss further. It was our pleasure to have provided service to your husband.

December 15, 2016

By Vincent584300

Very helpful. We probably will need HI again in the future. Monica calls us about once a month and checks up on us. We appreciate that.

December 07, 2016

By Sara Riley

Home Instead Senior Care was a life saver to myself & my family when we needed help for our Mother. The professional & loving care they gave to Mom gave me piece of mind while I worked. I never had to worry that the caregiver would not be there, It did take a few tries but the office staff kept working and found the perfect match for Mom. The caregiver & staff went above and beyond to take care of Mom, always asking if they could do anything else to help. I would recommend Home Instead Senior Care to everyone I know!

September 29, 2016

This has been such a big help and really taken a lot of weight off my shoulders! Having Home Instead help care for my husband has been an absolute blessing.

September 29, 2016

I am so appreciative of Home Instead’s Services and recommend them to anyone!

September 27, 2016

Thank you for helping to dial back my anxiety about what resources are available.

September 14, 2016

By Robert813836

We have a caregiver coming in three times a week from Home Instead, and they’re doing fine. The only thing I did have trouble with was they switched caregivers on me. They didn’t notify me that they were sending another person, and I didn’t know it until she got here; they should have called me. She helps my wife with bathing and dressing, they use coloring books and do jigsaw puzzles, and she helps with whatever my wife needs.

September 10, 2016

By Grace B

My husband received great care from your service. He looked forward to their coming and enjoyed both the care and the companionship. Everything they did was done with excellence at a time when I was unable to care for my husband. Kathleen provided baths for my husband. He loved her.

September 08, 2016

By JFG

I was pleased and had peace of mind with the care givers that Home Instead sent to tend to my mother while she was in rehab recently. They were very attentive, reliable, and caring. I would definitely call upon Home Instead again.

September 03, 2016

By DWL

My wife’s physical condition as well as the onset of dementia got to the point to where I had to have help to get her up and dressed for the day. I needed someone to help with her meals and other minor duties. I acquired the daytime help from a caregiving group who did a great job providing what I needed. However, as her condition progressed, I needed someone late at night also to get her ready for and into bed. We called upon Home Instead, as we needed someone from 10:00pm until 11:00pm. They sent a caregiver named Stacy who more than filled the bill for our needs. Stacy was not only capable of what was asked of her, but she was always very happy, bubbly and just pleasant to have around. My wife always felt completely safe with Stacy assisting her and I couldn’t have asked for better help.

August 31, 2016

By Carol P780113

I found Home Instead very dependable when I hired caregivers to stay with my husband overnight at a rehab facility so my husband wouldn't get out of bed and fall. There was only one young woman who spent too much time on her phone on personall calls. Home Instead replaced her immediately.

August 29, 2016

I simply have too many great and positive things to say about your organization. I cannot think of one negative thing to say about your organization. Thank you all for everything.

August 25, 2016

By Willy L.

We have been beyond pleased with Home Instead. Our caregivers are great.

August 25, 2016

By Anonymous220810

While my mother passed away more quickly than anyone foresaw, Home Instead maintained great follow up and was very helpful. If we ever have a need for these services in the future, we will be using Home Instead Senior Care.

July 29, 2016

By Martha487717

We liked Terry and Nancy very much, and some of the others. I just don't remember all their names. I did think it was wrong not to tell Terry of Mr. Farmer's passing. They were friends. Nancy and Terry were very nice to me also.

June 30, 2016

By William J814652

Great service, will use them again! Sonja was the sweetest woman!

June 25, 2016

By Breckenridge Family035342

Our caregivers have been fantastic!

June 25, 2016

By Caring204833

You guys are just wonderful! It is great to know you all are always available and always so nice. I just love your services!

June 24, 2016

By Donna311038

I am really impressed and pleased with the services. I have been comfortable with everyone and I feel safe which is really important to me!

June 24, 2016

By D. Fightmaster530412

We are sent an excellent caregiver and the necessary changes in scheduling have been addressed with courtesy and efficiency.

June 21, 2016

By Doris881140

I had a wonderful experience and plan to use Home Instead again in the near future. It was such a big help. Thank you!

June 18, 2016

Our caregiver was phenomenal!

June 17, 2016

By Sheilah207805

I really love this company and even with my mom refusing assistance, they helped any way they could. It would be great if my mom could see how beneficial these services really are!

June 17, 2016

By Carol Bass301370

They've had the same (2) caregivers for over two years. They were not only the ingredient that helped keep my aunt and uncle here at home. They became family! Those friendships will last forever! Can't say enough. Fabulous!

June 04, 2016

By Bill Compton

Home Instead was very helpful in being able to keep my mom in her home after my dad passed away. The personnel were very caring.

May 14, 2016

By Lliann

My caregiver was very helpful with everything I asked for and even thought of other helpful things I hadn't thought of! She was very calming to both my mom and me, which really helped lessen the overall stress level. She said that I could request her for the next visit, which I will do!

By Peggy S. Prather

I appreciated the help that was provided and it enabled me to keep my husband at home much longer.

By ReviewerBUTNV

Very prompt and caring. We had no issues and were pleased with their services.

By ReviewerDTMMS

Sylvia who worked very hard at our house was wonderful. A true life saver and deserves a raise! No matter what I needed done, she did it and more, never stopped working the whole time. Seemed to understand my ups and down moods due to my MS and Bipolar problems. she was always kind to me. Never lost patience, even when I couldn't get my words out of my mouth, she always seemed to know what I wanted done even when I had trouble telling her. A+ for service. My house was always so very clean when she left the door and my laundry done. It was nice the floors so clean. I really miss Sylvia!

April 24, 2016

By tom123450

Our case required more than just companionship. Service was better than expected. They were caring individuals who are well trained. Company was flexible for those hard and few difficult times. Also professional up front and through-out the time of need. Would recommend to others and would call on them in the future if the need arises.

April 02, 2016

By J,J.

My wife is a new client, of Home Instead, was impressed about their communications and follow up and concern about the service their caregiver was providing

By Reviewer126279950

We are so pleased to respond to your request regarding the request for comments concerning our experience with Home Instead Louisville East. We could not be more pleased with the service we received and the professional and personable personnel we met and spoke with over the phone. Ms. Kim came to our home for the initial interview. She was such a pleasant and caring individual and reflected her sincere desire to provide the service we needed. We were most fortunate to have such caring and knowledgeable ladies to care for Chris. We applaud and extend our thanks and appreciation to Ms. Geneva, Ms. Ty and Ms. Diamond. You may be assured that Home Instead at Louisville East will certainly be our first and only choice should we require this type of service in the future.

By Reviewer126279550

Home Instead was here to care for my mother when it was not possible for me to be there myself. Just having the company and assistance from another caring human being took her fears of being alone away. She was not moved to call on family or push her medical alert button as she has done in the past. Thank you Home Instead.

By V. B.

Very pleased with my caregivers. They give above and beyond.

February 02, 2016

By Michael B. Foster, M.D.

Regina is precisely the caregiver for whom I have been hoping and praying. She is an angel sent to us from God. Her relationship with my mother is unfailingly loving and positive, and she is so hard working that our cleaning lady is threatened.

January 12, 2016

By Carol Leet

I needed assistance in caring for my husband who had progressive MS. We were blessed to have three excellent caregivers from Home Instead: Teresa Capito, Tamara Puckett, and Nancy Collins. These ladies provided competent and loving care for him and quickly became important members of the family. He recently passed away, but I will be forever grateful to the Home Instead team for helping us get through that last year without the need for a nursing home. It gives me great comfort to know he was able to stay in the comfort of our home until the end. I highly recommend the caregivers at Home Instead.

October 31, 2015

By Tern Steiner

My wife’s caregiver was very nice and understanding. She’s very helpful to us.

October 23, 2015

By Ralph Will

I cannot praise Home Instead's services enough. We initially engaged another company and were very disappointed. We subsequently contacted Home Instead with some trepidation, but our fears were unfounded. The "sitters" were engaging, helping the CNAs with my father's care around the clock. It quickly became obvious the staff did not simply sit and watch my father. The on-line portal allowed us to see who was with my father currently and who was scheduled, complete with picture so we knew who should be there with him. Even when my father was transferred to a nursing home and the services were no longer required, Home Instead actually contacted nursing homes near my mother to help us make a well-informed decision.

October 10, 2015

By mikeh

Have recently used Home Instead to assist with caring for my mother and have been very, very satisfied.

September 30, 2015

By Nancy Greenwell

I have been very satisfied with the care given by all the girls. Keep up the good work. I appreciate it.

September 22, 2015

By Leftover1

I interviewed this provider

I recently had an overnight emergency with my dad. One phone call to Home Instead fixed my problem. Everyone I talked to was great, they walked me through everything clearly and promptly and gave me information I didn't think to ask for. The situation was kind of fluid, and they were kindly flexible about cancellation. I would use their service again and recommend them to friends. Thanks y'all!

September 01, 2015

By h0pe4

I used Home Instead for my aunt for about six months. She is now in a nursing home or we would still be using them. They are very caring. They were there 5 days a week to care for her and when she was in the hospital prior to going to the nursing home, they visited her and called to check on her as well. It really is personal to Home Instead. Thank you Nicole for all your care.

August 25, 2015

By Charlotte!1

Other

I recently used the patient care assistants from Home Instead to be with my 89yr. old Mother. She needed some additional companionship & TLC while my husband & I were on vacation for 2 weeks.They were wonderful!! My Mom & even some of the other residents @ the assisted living facility,wanted to know when the ladies were coming back! Thank you so much for caring for my Mom!!! Mary 8/15

August 23, 2015

By Ddsimpson

I interviewed this provider

Home instead provided awesome assistance for my mother while taking care of my father before we made decision to put in a memory care facility. They also provided care periodically to him at 2 different facility's . They always made phone calls before and after their services . They attended the visitation of my father and still continue to check up on my mother and myself . We were pleased to have met such nice people.

August 19, 2015

By Barbara Mayhugh

I had a great experience with my service. I had major back surgery. We needed someone when I came home in the afternoon because my husband had to go to work. My care giver was excelent. Her name was Domesha. She helped me with light housekeeping,laundry, bathing,washing my hair and watering my plants. She was a pleasure to be around. I would highly recommend this service.

August 14, 2015

By lamborghini

I became overwhelmed by my responsibilities in trying to care for my wife alone.I was disappouinted by the help I received fropm two other services but have been completely pleased with Home Instead.Keep up the good work

July 31, 2015

By Kimberly17

We have had a wonderful experience with Home Instead. They provided excellent care to my sister before she passed away. They were caring and compassionate. They met all her needs. Our Client Care Manager, Carmen Jones, was beyond excellent. She was available to our family 24/7. She handled our concerns timely and personally. She was simply the best!

July 18, 2015

By Ann Ph

My mother can no longer stay by herself because she is a fall hazard. I used another local agency to provide care for her but became very frustrated when they kept cancelling and were constantly late. Home Instead has provided consistent care with a wonderful provider. She is always on time and seems to genuinely care about my mother. I highly recommend them!

June 12, 2015

By theDIL

we have used this agency for past 6+ years. in the beginning the care was top notch. over past 2 years the service has gone down hill completely. the people they send to care for my FIL are not only not trained properly, they do not think of safety for the patient. we are choosing to take our business else where as the attitude in the office has been horrific when we've called to attempt to correct problems. our latest go the gal left the house as soon as we walked back in. NOT ACCEPTABLE by any means.

Home Instead Senior Care has been serving seniors in Louisville since 1999 and I have been honored to run the company since day one. It is always our highest priority to provide quality care for each and every client. I am so proud of our training program, run by our Registered Nurse. As an employee-owned business we all collectively desire to deliver quality care to our clients and peace of mind to their families. Unfortunately there are times when we are no longer the proper fit for a client. Although it has been a pleasure serving your Father-in-Law and covering his private duty caregivers for the last 5+ years, we support your desire to seek help elsewhere. We wish you, your Father-in-Law and your family the very best.

June 04, 2015

By Linda Wright

Home Instead helped my husband and I so much, and the assistance and caregivers were always excellent! I recommend them to everyone and would always select their services. They are "the best."

May 08, 2015

By SharonBsmall

When my mother got sick and was unable to stay by herself all day, Home Instead was the perfect solution. They came out to the house immediately to do a care assessment and then sent someone out right away. The caregivers did cleaning, cooking, laundry, and ran errands and took my mother to doctors appointments. All the things she could no longer do for herself. I live out of town and it was so reassuring to know that someone was there with my mother. They were very easy to work with. I would highly recommend Home Instead.

November 30, 2014

By Mary Frances

I interviewed this provider

We have had 3 caregivers for my husband, who is unable to provide care for himself, and I can't help him either. They have been helpful, and always did whatever we requested, from taking him to the doctor to providing personal care, and meal preparation. I don't see how he could get any better care.

November 23, 2014

By neal5400

During the last few weeks of my Dad's life, Home Instead caregivers were a Godsend. Two caregivers of note were Louis and Barcari (sp?) Louis spent the entire time he was with Dad talking, watching Westerns and just being a friend. Baqauri also was outstanding. As Dad's pain spread throughout his body, his legs became increasingly painful. Baquari took the time to give Dad what he called "The best leg rub I've ever had!" I cannot say enough about how much Home Instead was a blessing to Dad.

We are sorry for your loss. Thank you so much the opportunity to serve your father, it was our privilege.

October 09, 2014

By Jayme Delnay

Recently, my mother passed away with uterine cancer, but without the help of Home Instead Senior Care, I don't know how we would have made it. Because they were there for her around the clock, my sister and I were able to get some much needed rest at night knowing that she was being well cared for. A time like that is very draining emotionally as well as physically, but because of their services, we were more equipped and able to handle the grief that comes with such a loss. The care, love and attention to her physical needs as well as spiritual needs was priceless. We are so thankful for this wonderful group of caring people.

Jayme, Thank you so much for you kind words. It was a privilege to have been able to work with your mother. Our prayers are with you and your family.

October 02, 2014

By L.handorf

Recently my 96 year old mother fell and broke her ankle requiring 24 hour assistance until she could be moved to the nursing home section of The Nazareth Home. The home recommended Home Instead. We made contact with the office and someone meet with us within half and hour and had a caregiver in place within the following half hour. They provided caregivers in 12 hour shifts, and although they could not provide the same individuals for the shifts everyone they sent provided good care and two of the women were outstanding. We only required the service for 4 1/2 days. We were. Rey pleased with the level of care and concern the care givers provided and would not hesitate to recommended them to others and if we ever needed the service again we will not hesitate to call Home Instead.

September 05, 2014

By LeeC

Other

Home Instead was recommended to me when I was seeking in home care for a friend of mine. I was so impressed with their responsive ,professional service that I have used them several more times to care for my sister, great aunt and most recently for myself after orthopedic surgery. I feel as if I am calling a family member on whom I can rely. They always inform me of the caregivers names and hours of service in advance, and, if the match up of caregiver and client is not working out, they are only to happy to make a change. They are my "go to" coverage for all in home care. I really can't recommend highly enough. Every community should be lucky enough to have a Home Instead.

August 30, 2014

By woofy67

Our caregivers Carletta B., Sonia T. and Linda A. could not have been more loving, expert and conscientious. Carletta in particular, became like family and we trusted her implicitly. We were not as comfortable with some of the weekend, fill-in staff, however. If you are engaging the services of Home Instead, see if they can commit to a few regularly scheduled caregivers rather than an endless carousel of new faces.

June 03, 2013

By Elizabeth C.

Your service was highly recommended to my mother by a friend who uses Home Instead, and your caregivers were wonderful to her in her last few months of life. Besides performing useful and helpful duties, the young women were good companions--cheerful and fun--to a woman who was physically debilitated but mentally very sharp.

May 30, 2013

By Stacie2

Home Instead was outstanding! They took great care of my mother. I am a physican and would highly recommend without reservation this home care service. They were great about adding and substracting days of care at the last minute. There care givers were professional and very helpful.

May 29, 2013

By Denise 1

Home Instead has been a real blessing to our Mom. My brother and I only have words of praise for the care these women so cheerfully gave our Mom. We thought we were going to lose our Mother, but with the love and care she was given, Mom bounced back to a healthier and happier person. If you are looking for good, friendly, and considerate care for your loved one, Home Instead is the place for you.

May 16, 2013

By Jim Cutbush

Home Instead Senior Care of Louisville, KY did a great job working with the family in providing all the necessary care for my Step Father. It was personalized which means a lot for todays family's since we are all going in different directions. It made his recovering time move so much quicker and it helped not only my Stepdad but the family also. If you need this service, this is the first call I would make. Thanks -

May 05, 2013

By Doctor's Wife

Home Instead provided care for my husband for several days when he came home from the hospital after a fall. The majority of caregivers connected with and took good care of him, which enabled me to rest and enjoy his company. When he passed away, the caregiver still came and spent most of the day with us. Her assistance was invaluable during that difficult day. Though we did not care for every one of the caregivers, we had a few wonderful people who helped us through a challenging time.

April 04, 2013

By vicki8

This March I needed someone to sit with my sister who is suffering from dementia. I called Home Instead and talked to their Client Relations Mgr. Carmen. She met with my family and me promptly and was able to get sitters for my sister within an hour after our meeting. The sitters were well trained in how to deal with dementia patients and provided us with worry-free service My family has used Home Instead previously and will continue to do so.

March 22, 2013

By Mesper

Of all the many decisions I had to make during the last few months of my Mother's life-the easiest and by far, the best decision was to employ Home Instead Senior Care. I found their staff to be supportive, professional, and very caring. They provided me and my Mother great peace-of-mind, even when she was hospitalized. Nursing staff just do not have the time to care for a patient the way the Home Instead Staff did. As an example, her daytime caregiver made sure that her position was changed every two hours. She urged the other caregivers to do the same. Fortunately we had the resources available to fund this extra care. It is very expensive but I believe we received every pennies worth! Don't hesitate to contact them-so willing to help-gave me regular updates on my Mothers condition and changes. Quickly responded when we found a caregiver that was not acceptable-within an hour we had a new worker. These people care and can offer you that needed time to take care of yourself too.

March 09, 2013

By hamdog

Provided dedicated compassionate caregivers for my Mother, allowing us to keep her in her home indefinitely.

December 08, 2012

We chose Home Instead Senior Care because we got a lot of recommendations from people that really liked them. They were excellent, very professional and they did a good job. They had all kinds of people willing to work and all the aides were great. They had round the clock care for a while after my father got out of the nursing home. My dad needed medical care as much as anything and needed somebody to help him get bathe and dressed and all that, so that was probably where they did the most work. They informed us when my parents told them they didn't want to have help any more. I will definitely use them again if my parents would allow it.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details