Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Grace B September 10, 2016

My husband received great care from your service. He looked forward to their coming and enjoyed both the care and the companionship. Everything they did was done with excellence at a time when I was unable to care for my husband. Kathleen provided baths for my husband. He loved her.

JFG September 08, 2016

I was pleased and had peace of mind with the care givers that Home Instead sent to tend to my mother while she was in rehab recently. They were very attentive, reliable, and caring. I would definitely call upon Home Instead again.

DWL September 03, 2016

My wife’s physical condition as well as the onset of dementia got to the point to where I had to have help to get her up and dressed for the day. I needed someone to help with her meals and other minor duties. I acquired the daytime help from a caregiving group who did a great job providing what I needed. However, as her condition progressed, I needed someone late at night also to get her ready for and into bed. We called upon Home Instead, as we needed someone from 10:00pm until 11:00pm. They sent a caregiver named Stacy who more than filled the bill for our needs. Stacy was not only capable of what was asked of her, but she was always very happy, bubbly and just pleasant to have around. My wife always felt completely safe with Stacy assisting her and I couldn’t have asked for better help.

Carol P780113 August 31, 2016

I found Home Instead very dependable when I hired caregivers to stay with my husband overnight at a rehab facility so my husband wouldn't get out of bed and fall. There was only one young woman who spent too much time on her phone on personall calls. Home Instead replaced her immediately.

Anonymous757533 August 29, 2016

I simply have too many great and positive things to say about your organization. I cannot think of one negative thing to say about your organization. Thank you all for everything.

Willy L. August 25, 2016

We have been beyond pleased with Home Instead. Our caregivers are great.

Anonymous220810 August 25, 2016

While my mother passed away more quickly than anyone foresaw, Home Instead maintained great follow up and was very helpful. If we ever have a need for these services in the future, we will be using Home Instead Senior Care.

Martha487717 July 29, 2016

We liked Terry and Nancy very much, and some of the others. I just don't remember all their names. I did think it was wrong not to tell Terry of Mr. Farmer's passing. They were friends. Nancy and Terry were very nice to me also.

William J814652 June 30, 2016

Great service, will use them again! Sonja was the sweetest woman!

Breckenridge Family035342 June 25, 2016

Our caregivers have been fantastic!

Caring204833 June 25, 2016

You guys are just wonderful! It is great to know you all are always available and always so nice. I just love your services!

Donna311038 June 24, 2016

I am really impressed and pleased with the services. I have been comfortable with everyone and I feel safe which is really important to me!

D. Fightmaster530412 June 24, 2016

We are sent an excellent caregiver and the necessary changes in scheduling have been addressed with courtesy and efficiency.

Doris881140 June 21, 2016

I had a wonderful experience and plan to use Home Instead again in the near future. It was such a big help. Thank you!

Caring075184 June 18, 2016

Our caregiver was phenomenal!

Sheilah207805 June 17, 2016

I really love this company and even with my mom refusing assistance, they helped any way they could. It would be great if my mom could see how beneficial these services really are!

Carol Bass301370 June 17, 2016

They've had the same (2) caregivers for over two years. They were not only the ingredient that helped keep my aunt and uncle here at home. They became family! Those friendships will last forever! Can't say enough. Fabulous!

Bill Compton June 04, 2016

Home Instead was very helpful in being able to keep my mom in her home after my dad passed away. The personnel were very caring.

Lliann May 14, 2016

My caregiver was very helpful with everything I asked for and even thought of other helpful things I hadn't thought of! She was very calming to both my mom and me, which really helped lessen the overall stress level. She said that I could request her for the next visit, which I will do!

Peggy S. Prather May 11, 2016

I appreciated the help that was provided and it enabled me to keep my husband at home much longer.

ReviewerBUTNV May 11, 2016

Very prompt and caring. We had no issues and were pleased with their services.

ReviewerDTMMS May 11, 2016

Sylvia who worked very hard at our house was wonderful. A true life saver and deserves a raise! No matter what I needed done, she did it and more, never stopped working the whole time. Seemed to understand my ups and down moods due to my MS and Bipolar problems. she was always kind to me. Never lost patience, even when I couldn't get my words out of my mouth, she always seemed to know what I wanted done even when I had trouble telling her. A+ for service. My house was always so very clean when she left the door and my laundry done. It was nice the floors so clean. I really miss Sylvia!

tom123450 April 24, 2016

Our case required more than just companionship. Service was better than expected. They were caring individuals who are well trained. Company was flexible for those hard and few difficult times. Also professional up front and through-out the time of need. Would recommend to others and would call on them in the future if the need arises.

J,J. April 02, 2016

My wife is a new client, of Home Instead, was impressed about their communications and follow up and concern about the service their caregiver was providing

Reviewer126279950 March 31, 2016

We are so pleased to respond to your request regarding the request for comments concerning our experience with Home Instead Louisville East. We could not be more pleased with the service we received and the professional and personable personnel we met and spoke with over the phone. Ms. Kim came to our home for the initial interview. She was such a pleasant and caring individual and reflected her sincere desire to provide the service we needed. We were most fortunate to have such caring and knowledgeable ladies to care for Chris. We applaud and extend our thanks and appreciation to Ms. Geneva, Ms. Ty and Ms. Diamond. You may be assured that Home Instead at Louisville East will certainly be our first and only choice should we require this type of service in the future.

Reviewer126279550 March 31, 2016

Home Instead was here to care for my mother when it was not possible for me to be there myself. Just having the company and assistance from another caring human being took her fears of being alone away. She was not moved to call on family or push her medical alert button as she has done in the past. Thank you Home Instead.

V. B. March 31, 2016

Very pleased with my caregivers. They give above and beyond.

Michael B. Foster, M.D. February 02, 2016

Regina is precisely the caregiver for whom I have been hoping and praying. She is an angel sent to us from God. Her relationship with my mother is unfailingly loving and positive, and she is so hard working that our cleaning lady is threatened.

Carol Leet January 12, 2016

I needed assistance in caring for my husband who had progressive MS. We were blessed to have three excellent caregivers from Home Instead: Teresa Capito, Tamara Puckett, and Nancy Collins. These ladies provided competent and loving care for him and quickly became important members of the family. He recently passed away, but I will be forever grateful to the Home Instead team for helping us get through that last year without the need for a nursing home. It gives me great comfort to know he was able to stay in the comfort of our home until the end. I highly recommend the caregivers at Home Instead.

Tern Steiner October 31, 2015

My wife’s caregiver was very nice and understanding. She’s very helpful to us.

Ralph Will October 23, 2015

I cannot praise Home Instead's services enough. We initially engaged another company and were very disappointed. We subsequently contacted Home Instead with some trepidation, but our fears were unfounded. The "sitters" were engaging, helping the CNAs with my father's care around the clock. It quickly became obvious the staff did not simply sit and watch my father. The on-line portal allowed us to see who was with my father currently and who was scheduled, complete with picture so we knew who should be there with him. Even when my father was transferred to a nursing home and the services were no longer required, Home Instead actually contacted nursing homes near my mother to help us make a well-informed decision.

mikeh October 10, 2015

Have recently used Home Instead to assist with caring for my mother and have been very, very satisfied.

Nancy Greenwell September 30, 2015

I have been very satisfied with the care given by all the girls. Keep up the good work. I appreciate it.

Leftover1 September 22, 2015

I interviewed this provider

I recently had an overnight emergency with my dad. One phone call to Home Instead fixed my problem. Everyone I talked to was great, they walked me through everything clearly and promptly and gave me information I didn't think to ask for. The situation was kind of fluid, and they were kindly flexible about cancellation. I would use their service again and recommend them to friends. Thanks y'all!

h0pe4 September 01, 2015

I used Home Instead for my aunt for about six months. She is now in a nursing home or we would still be using them. They are very caring. They were there 5 days a week to care for her and when she was in the hospital prior to going to the nursing home, they visited her and called to check on her as well. It really is personal to Home Instead. Thank you Nicole for all your care.

Charlotte!1 August 25, 2015

I recently used the patient care assistants from Home Instead to be with my 89yr. old Mother. She needed some additional companionship & TLC while my husband & I were on vacation for 2 weeks.They were wonderful!! My Mom & even some of the other residents @ the assisted living facility,wanted to know when the ladies were coming back! Thank you so much for caring for my Mom!!! Mary 8/15

Ddsimpson August 23, 2015

I interviewed this provider

Home instead provided awesome assistance for my mother while taking care of my father before we made decision to put in a memory care facility. They also provided care periodically to him at 2 different facility's . They always made phone calls before and after their services . They attended the visitation of my father and still continue to check up on my mother and myself . We were pleased to have met such nice people.

Barbara Mayhugh August 19, 2015

I had a great experience with my service. I had major back surgery. We needed someone when I came home in the afternoon because my husband had to go to work. My care giver was excelent. Her name was Domesha. She helped me with light housekeeping,laundry, bathing,washing my hair and watering my plants. She was a pleasure to be around. I would highly recommend this service.

lamborghini August 14, 2015

I became overwhelmed by my responsibilities in trying to care for my wife alone.I was disappouinted by the help I received fropm two other services but have been completely pleased with Home Instead.Keep up the good work

Kimberly17 July 31, 2015

We have had a wonderful experience with Home Instead. They provided excellent care to my sister before she passed away. They were caring and compassionate. They met all her needs. Our Client Care Manager, Carmen Jones, was beyond excellent. She was available to our family 24/7. She handled our concerns timely and personally. She was simply the best!

Ann Ph July 18, 2015

My mother can no longer stay by herself because she is a fall hazard. I used another local agency to provide care for her but became very frustrated when they kept cancelling and were constantly late. Home Instead has provided consistent care with a wonderful provider. She is always on time and seems to genuinely care about my mother. I highly recommend them!

theDIL June 12, 2015

we have used this agency for past 6+ years. in the beginning the care was top notch.

over past 2 years the service has gone down hill completely.

the people they send to care for my FIL are not only not trained properly, they do not think of safety for the patient.

we are choosing to take our business else where as the attitude in the office has been horrific when we've called to attempt to correct problems.

our latest go the gal left the house as soon as we walked back in. NOT ACCEPTABLE by any means.

Home Instead Senior Care has been serving seniors in Louisville since 1999 and I have been honored to run the company since day one. It is always our highest priority to provide quality care for each and every client. I am so proud of our training program, run by our Registered Nurse. As an employee-owned business we all collectively desire to deliver quality care to our clients and peace of mind to their families. Unfortunately there are times when we are no longer the proper fit for a client. Although it has been a pleasure serving your Father-in-Law and covering his private duty caregivers for the last 5+ years, we support your desire to seek help elsewhere. We wish you, your Father-in-Law and your family the very best.

Linda Wright June 04, 2015

Home Instead helped my husband and I so much, and the assistance and caregivers were always excellent! I recommend them to everyone and would always select their services. They are "the best."

SharonBsmall May 08, 2015

When my mother got sick and was unable to stay by herself all day, Home Instead was the perfect solution. They came out to the house immediately to do a care assessment and then sent someone out right away. The caregivers did cleaning, cooking, laundry, and ran errands and took my mother to doctors appointments. All the things she could no longer do for herself. I live out of town and it was so reassuring to know that someone was there with my mother. They were very easy to work with. I would highly recommend Home Instead.

Mary Frances November 30, 2014

I interviewed this provider

We have had 3 caregivers for my husband, who is unable to provide care for himself, and I can't help him either. They have been helpful, and always did whatever we requested, from taking him to the doctor to providing personal care, and meal preparation. I don't see how he could get any better care.

neal5400 November 23, 2014

During the last few weeks of my Dad's life, Home Instead caregivers were a Godsend. Two caregivers of note were Louis and Barcari (sp?) Louis spent the entire time he was with Dad talking, watching Westerns and just being a friend. Baqauri also was outstanding. As Dad's pain spread throughout his body, his legs became increasingly painful. Baquari took the time to give Dad what he called "The best leg rub I've ever had!" I cannot say enough about how much Home Instead was a blessing to Dad.

We are sorry for your loss. Thank you so much the opportunity to serve your father, it was our privilege.

Jayme Delnay October 09, 2014

Recently, my mother passed away with uterine cancer, but without the help of Home Instead Senior Care, I don't know how we would have made it. Because they were there for her around the clock, my sister and I were able to get some much needed rest at night knowing that she was being well cared for. A time like that is very draining emotionally as well as physically, but because of their services, we were more equipped and able to handle the grief that comes with such a loss. The care, love and attention to her physical needs as well as spiritual needs was priceless. We are so thankful for this wonderful group of caring people.

Jayme, Thank you so much for you kind words. It was a privilege to have been able to work with your mother. Our prayers are with you and your family.

L.handorf October 02, 2014

Recently my 96 year old mother fell and broke her ankle requiring 24 hour assistance until she could be moved to the nursing home section of The Nazareth Home. The home recommended Home Instead. We made contact with the office and someone meet with us within half and hour and had a caregiver in place within the following half hour. They provided caregivers in 12 hour shifts, and although they could not provide the same individuals for the shifts everyone they sent provided good care and two of the women were outstanding. We only required the service for 4 1/2 days. We were. Rey pleased with the level of care and concern the care givers provided and would not hesitate to recommended them to others and if we ever needed the service again we will not hesitate to call Home Instead.

LeeC September 05, 2014

Home Instead was recommended to me when I was seeking in home care for a friend of mine. I was so impressed with their responsive ,professional service that I have used them several more times to care for my sister, great aunt and most recently for myself after orthopedic surgery. I feel as if I am calling a family member on whom I can rely. They always inform me of the caregivers names and hours of service in advance, and, if the match up of caregiver and client is not working out, they are only to happy to make a change. They are my "go to" coverage for all in home care. I really can't recommend highly enough. Every community should be lucky enough to have a Home Instead.

woofy67 August 30, 2014

Our caregivers Carletta B., Sonia T. and Linda A. could not have been more loving, expert and conscientious. Carletta in particular, became like family and we trusted her implicitly.

We were not as comfortable with some of the weekend, fill-in staff, however. If you are engaging the services of Home Instead, see if they can commit to a few regularly scheduled caregivers rather than an endless carousel of new faces.

Elizabeth C. June 03, 2013

Your service was highly recommended to my mother by a friend who uses Home Instead, and your caregivers were wonderful to her in her last few months of life. Besides performing useful and helpful duties, the young women were good companions--cheerful and fun--to a woman who was physically debilitated but mentally very sharp.

Stacie2 May 30, 2013

Home Instead was outstanding! They took great care of my mother. I am a physican and would highly recommend without reservation this home care service. They were great about adding and substracting days of care at the last minute. There care givers were professional and very helpful.

Denise 1 May 29, 2013

Home Instead has been a real blessing to our Mom. My brother and I only have words of praise for the care these women so cheerfully gave our Mom. We thought we were going to lose our Mother, but with the love and care she was given, Mom bounced back to a healthier and happier person. If you are looking for good, friendly, and considerate care for your loved one, Home Instead is the place for you.

Jim Cutbush May 16, 2013

Home Instead Senior Care of Louisville, KY did a great job working with the family in providing all the necessary care for my Step Father. It was personalized which means a lot for todays family's since we are all going in different directions. It made his recovering time move so much quicker and it helped not only my Stepdad but the family also. If you need this service, this is the first call I would make. Thanks -

Doctor's Wife May 05, 2013

Home Instead provided care for my husband for several days when he came home from the hospital after a fall. The majority of caregivers connected with and took good care of him, which enabled me to rest and enjoy his company. When he passed away, the caregiver still came and spent most of the day with us. Her assistance was invaluable during that difficult day. Though we did not care for every one of the caregivers, we had a few wonderful people who helped us through a challenging time.

vicki8 April 04, 2013

This March I needed someone to sit with my sister who is suffering from dementia. I called Home Instead and talked to their Client Relations Mgr. Carmen. She met with my family and me promptly and was able to get sitters for my sister within an hour after our meeting. The sitters were well trained in how to deal with dementia patients and provided us with worry-free service My family has used Home Instead previously and will continue to do so.

Mesper March 22, 2013

Of all the many decisions I had to make during the last few months of my Mother's life-the easiest and by far, the best decision was to employ Home Instead Senior Care. I found their staff to be supportive, professional, and very caring. They provided me and my Mother great peace-of-mind, even when she was hospitalized. Nursing staff just do not have the time to care for a patient the way the Home Instead Staff did. As an example, her daytime caregiver made sure that her position was changed every two hours. She urged the other caregivers to do the same. Fortunately we had the resources available to fund this extra care. It is very expensive but I believe we received every pennies worth! Don't hesitate to contact them-so willing to help-gave me regular updates on my Mothers condition and changes. Quickly responded when we found a caregiver that was not acceptable-within an hour we had a new worker. These people care and can offer you that needed time to take care of yourself too.

hamdog March 09, 2013

Provided dedicated compassionate caregivers for my Mother, allowing us to keep her in her home indefinitely.

Caring4902 December 08, 2012

We chose Home Instead Senior Care because we got a lot of recommendations from people that really liked them. They were excellent, very professional and they did a good job. They had all kinds of people willing to work and all the aides were great. They had round the clock care for a while after my father got out of the nursing home. My dad needed medical care as much as anything and needed somebody to help him get bathe and dressed and all that, so that was probably where they did the most work. They informed us when my parents told them they didn't want to have help any more. I will definitely use them again if my parents would allow it.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Louisville East & Oldham County

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address