Home Instead Senior Care - Los Angeles, CA

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Los Angeles, CA

April 29, 2012

By AlexJo

Other

My dad has been a client for more than six years. His current caregiver (2 years plus) is the "Nordstrom" of caregivers. She truly cares for him and keeps me posted with detailed information re. doctor visits, moods, etc. She is very protective of him. Additionally, she leaves copious notes for any substitute caregiver. The administrative staff is very responsive in meeting my dad's needs.

July 11, 2011

By HoltChiri

I was first attracted to this agency by its name, Home Instead Senior Care Agency, and by its motto "To us, it's personal." Then, my first impression of the staff with whom I met was that I could trust them to take great care of my mom. I needed to set up non-medical care for my mother who was due home from the hospital after colon surgery. I was a little nervous as I was somewhat unsure of exactly what my mom needed in the way of care, since she was very independent and had never before been debilitated in any way. The agency staff supervisor was very re-assuring and helped me put together a checklist, based on their expert experience, which detailed how their referred home care provider would assist my mom and accommodate my mom's wishes. She would prepare my mom's meals, assist her with walking, keep her room tidy, and keep her company. I was so happy that, up to this point, the agency was top-notch and well designed. I was even happier when the very calm and understanding home care provider, Sharon, arrived at my mom's residence early enough to assist me with final preparations for my mom's return home. Without my prompting, she took the initiative to help me wherever she saw a need. She was a natural fit and she was good at what she did. She helped freshen my mom's bed; she even familiarized herself with and suggested positioning of toiletries, clothing and other necessities to make my mom as comfortable as possible. She greeted my mom as if they had known each other for a long time. Truly, my mom and I gained much more than a home care provider. We have a beautiful new friend.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Los Angeles, CA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Los Angeles, CA

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Los Angeles, CA

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details