Assisting Hands Home Care | Livingston, NJ

Contact Now

Reviews of Assisting Hands Home Care | Livingston, NJ

Anonymous035073 March 17, 2017

Assisting Hands has been taking care of my uncle who was diagnosed with Parkinson's. They have truly been amazing in helping my uncle maintain his lifestyle in his home. I recommend them highly.
Thank you so much for the kind words and glad your Uncle is doing as well as he can under the circumstances. I am glad we are making a positive difference in his life. The Assisting Hands Team

Edith756110 September 29, 2016

I received wonderful service from this agency. These are wonderful people. They are just great, warm, caring and dedicated. They treat you like family. Great! Excellent!

Wanda317661 September 27, 2016

Assisting Hands has been great. They have taken phenomenal care of my aunt who has dementia and gas taken a great burden off of my family. They are true professional. 5 stars for them!
Thank you Wanda for your kind words. We take pride in the services we provide and it nice to hear that it is appreciated.

Alex & Maria761731 June 30, 2016

Living in Arizona, I needed special care for my aunt who has Alzheimer's and wanted to find an agency that specializes in this. Assisting Hands assured me that their caregivers were trained for this and they have done a remarkable job. I highly recommend them!

Jeffrey305860 June 30, 2016

Assisting Hands provided care for a cousin of mine for 4 months as he was recovering from injuries sustained in a car accident. Their RN caregiver and staff were amazing and very professional. I would recommend them highly.

Barry844788 June 25, 2016

Assisting Hands Livingston has been a godsend for me and my family. Due to a family emergency, we needed a caregiver to take care of our loved one for 3 weeks. They came in and took care of everything so we had peace of mind in our absence.

James Wilson067030 June 24, 2016

Assisting Hands provided my father with an excellent caregiver while he was recovering from foot surgery.

Russel410001 June 18, 2016

I am currently using Assisting Hands Livingston to take care of my aunt who had a stroke and needs hands on care. The caregivers are warm and attentive and have made a positive difference for my aunt.

Thank you for your kind words Russel. Hearing this let's us know we are making a positive difference in peoples lives!

Barbara L February 29, 2016

My family has been using the services from Assisting Hands for 6 months to take care of our grandmother who has mid-stage dementia. The care that they give her has been wonderful and has given us all peace of mind. We strongly recommend them.

Thank you very much or your kind words. We try and make a difference in people's lives and hearing this makes us feel that what we do really does make a positive difference. The Assisting Hands Livingston team.

Jessica L. February 27, 2016

We hired a private caretaker for my grandmother and we really liked her but she always needed time off. My grandma has Parkinson's and my mom and I have trouble taking care of her on our own. We use Assisting Hands for the weekends and we have loved every caretaker they send to us. They have been a lifesaver.

We are so glad that the caregivers we sent have been helpful. They take pride in what they do and have a dedication to providing loving care.

Caring Relative01 February 23, 2016

The caregivers of Assisting Hands have been good, except for one horrific exception, and I’ve had over a dozen people from them. The agency is probably worth four stars.

Bert6 January 31, 2016

I took a bad fall and was out of commission for nearly a month. I live alone, just have my daughter and two sons about 30 minutes away each. My daughter talked me into getting a caregiver. Best decision I could've made. Assisting Hands sent me a really nice guy who cooked, helped me walk and watched football with me. Great guy! Great company!

Thank you Bert for your kind words. Glad we were able to make a positive difference in your life and thanks for taking the time to write about us! The Assisting Hands Team

Brian31 December 30, 2015

I needed a caregiver for my grandmother who has early onset of dementia as well as other conditions. Assisting Hands sent a caregiver who is amazing and who helped relieve the burden on our family.

Thank you so much Brian for the kind words. The Assisting Hands Team

Bobby R December 08, 2015

If you are looking for a phenomenal home health care agency, I highly recommend Assisting Hands of Livingston. My 82 year old mom had a hip replacement and was in a rehab for 2 months. When we received her discharge date, we started looking for a good home care agency. We were referred to Assisting Hands by a friend of mine who also used their service and was very pleased. They came to the facility with their RN and met with my mom and our family, as well as the staff. Their manner and professionalism put my mind at ease. They helped with the entire process in getting my mom home safely and then providing us with caregivers who genuinely cared about my mom. They have made such a positive difference in our lives, but most importantly with my mom. Thank you Assisting Hands!

Dear Bobby, I am so happy that we made a positive difference in your mom's life. She is an amazing woman and we are happy to be part of her life. The Assisting Hands Team

jackie w December 07, 2015

I have been extremely happy with the service Assisting hands has provided to my mother. They were prompt, caring, responsible and very professional. I would highly recommend this agency!

Thank you Jackie for your kind words! The Assisting Hands Team

Jane175 December 06, 2015

Assisting Hands was great for my family when we were in need. We needed someone quickly and the people at Assisting Hands we so caring and took such great care of us, treated us like family. Thank you so much!!

Dear Janet, Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We truly care about what we do and to hear this from our clients let's us know that we truly make a difference in people's lives. Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season. The Assisting Hands Team

EllenBW1 December 05, 2015

I interviewed this provider

We interviewed Assisting Hands and some of their competitors, and "hands down" they impressed us the most with their level of commitment, service and integrity. I would highly recommend if you are in need of home care services that you contact Assisting Hands - Essex, South Morris and Passaic Counties.

Ellen, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us.Your review is much appreciated and glad that you and your family are happy with the services we are providing. Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season. The Assisting Hands Team

SBaker149 December 03, 2015

Just wanted to take a quick second to write a review about Assisting Hands. I needed someone quickly for my uncle because none of our family members could care for him. Assisting hands took care of our dilemma right away, sending someone to his house. Thank you so much!!

Thank you very much for your kind words. We take pride in what we do and glad that we are able to help you out.

Matt6 December 30, 2014

My aunt was very happy with the service they provided. They're always on time. They're always helpful and readily available. If we needed anything, they're there to accommodate all of our needs. We had a very good experience with Assisting Hands.

City3284 November 07, 2014

Just wanted to write a review giving thanks to assisting hands home care services for there sensitivity and professionalism for me and my family over the past month and a half. The caregivers go above and beyond helping my aunt with her day to day needs and could not ask for a more professional team. We greatly appreciate your ongoing help and services. Thanks!

lpf65 November 05, 2014

Assisting Hands has truly been a blessing. The caregivers they send are compassionate and professional, and always have a smile on their face. We immediately felt comfortable working with them and would certainly recommend Assisting Hands to anyone with a need for in-home care. We couldn't be happier!!

AJLayman November 04, 2014

I needed somebody to help my mom after she had knee surgery to care for her while I was at work. A friend recommended me to Assisting Hands, she said they were prompt and professional. They sent over a really nice, young lady who could drive my mom to rehab and doctor's appointments. She was always on time; very responsible and dependable. The people at Assisting Hands really seem to care about their clients and treated my mother with as good of care as I would have done myself. If you need care, I would definitely recommend Assisting Hands.

miszbeautiful143 November 04, 2014

My grandparents are currently using Assisting Hands Home Care's services. The 2 caregivers provided were very sweet. They made sure my grandfather was fed and given medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Even though there is a slight language barrier since my grandparents both speak a foreign language, they have managed to keep a smile on their face. Their house looks great and they very accommodating with traveling to and from doctors especially since they have a lot throughout the week. I would certainly recommend them to my other friends and their families. Thanks for your great service guys! Our family looks forward to keep working with you.

From Assisting Hands Home Care

Assisting Hands Home Care is a community based agency that provides an important resource to relieve the burden of family caregivers and see that you and your family members remain comfortable in your own home. In addition, we provide the same support services to those clients residing in an assisted living or nursing home environment.

We offer our clients personalized support services in their homes, assisting the elderly, disabled and others needing assistance to maintain quality of life.

Our services support the individual's choices and preferences in order to preserve their dignity and independence.

We assist clients in a spirit of concern for their welfare, gaining satisfaction and a sense of pride for the value we add to their lives.

We utilize a coordinated team approach to therapeutic and rehabilitative health services utilizing nursing, certified home health aides and medical social services, ensuring the continuity of care for both patients and clients.

Our Patient Care team, comprised of our DON, RN, LCSW, owners and hands on administrative staff will meet with you to assess your individual situation and comprise a specific plan of care.

At Assisting Hands, we offer:

• Home Health Aides
  • Care Coordination
  • Case Management
  • Transitional Care
  • Free Consultation
  • Some of the services offer are :

• Work with the specialized nurse in the monitoring of the patients daily status
  • Assist with ambulation/walking
  • Bath and Shower assistance
  • Toileting assistance
  • Dressing and personal grooming
  • Meal planning and preparation
  • Grocery shopping and other errands
  • Light housekeeping
  • Laundry and linen changing
  • Medication reminders
  • Accompany to doctor and other appointments
  • Safety and fall prevention
  • Incontinence care
  • Companionship
  • Transportation services
  • Assisting Hands is a full service certified home health agency which screens(full criminal, DMV, background checks, drug screening), hires and trains it's employees ensuring that you will have quality home care you can trust. In addition, our caregivers are bonded and insured.

We pay very special attention to matching our CAREGivers with our clients to achieve the utmost compatibility. We believe you will notice a very different caliber of caregiver with us with respect to their depth of character and values. Our caregivers truly care.

Our services can be arranged for as little as 4 hours or as many as 24 hours a day.Care is available 7 days a week, including holidays. Based out of Livingston,NJ, we service Essex, Morris, Hudson,Passaic, Bergen counties.

We have over 290 certified, bonded and state licensed caregivers( male and female), Director of Nursing( plus 4 RN's), LCSW, Director of Client Services and hands-on administrative staff and have the capability to staff a case immediately- hourly, 24/7 live-in, overnights, weekends etc.

We were rated by Caring.com and Senior Advisors as the top rated home health care firm in Northern NJ

Features of Assisting Hands Home Care

• Companionship
    • Meal Preparation
    • Errand And Grocery Assistance

Travel

• Travel Details Staff Will Travel 30+ Miles To Provide Care.

Screening