Visiting Angels | Lawrenceville, NJ

Contact Now

Reviews of Visiting Angels | Lawrenceville, NJ

George118386550 October 21, 2015

The caregiver was nice and very attentive. She’s good at what she does. I can say that she’s well-trained. She helped my wife by dressing her, preparing her breakfast and basically assisted her with daily activities of living.

Maria118386450 October 21, 2015

What I liked about Visiting Angels was that they’re very communicative. They always tell you what’s going on. The caregivers were very caring, patient and kind. My mom’s needs were challenging and she’s hard to understand because of her medical condition but they were very good in dealing with her. Their scheduling process was easy. You always know who will come. If there was a change for some reason, they let you know before hand who will show up. Their billing system was simple. I know other places were very cumbersome.

Chelly1 October 21, 2015

My experience with Visiting Angels was great. All the caregivers were good. They provide support on a weekend. All of them are qualified. My uncle liked them all. He was initially elusive but they were able to engage him. I think the caregivers were excellent. They’re very reliable.I’m very satisfied on how they took care of my uncle. However, I think that their weekend coverage needs a little improvement. It’s hard to get coverage on weekends.

Caring104359050 January 13, 2015

I'm very satisfied with Visiting Angels. They're very good at what they do. They take good care of my father. I would surely recommend them to others.

Patricia103593850 December 30, 2014

I did a google search and found Visiting Angels. I'm also familiar with them initially. Rudy came out to visit and did a very nice interview with my mom. The service was good. The caregiver did well considering how tough my mom is. She's very sweet and upbeat. I was very happy with Visiting Angels.

Florence12 November 25, 2014

My caregiver is very helpful. She provided whatever it is that I needed and whenever I needed it. She's very kind and nice to me. I was very satisfied with my care with Visiting Angels.

Robin38 November 25, 2014

We were initially with a different provider, and I had been dissatisfied with them. So, I did a web search, and Visiting Angels came out pretty highly rated, so I decided to give them a try. I think their care is excellent. Their staff is well-trained and conscientious. I like the fact that they wear a uniform and they definitely know their job.

The main office sends people to check on the caregivers. They're there to see if the caregivers are doing things right and to correct them if they aren't. They keep in touch with their clients and are accommodating.

Mirian September 27, 2014

Visiting Angels have just been excellent. I only had two caregivers. They were prompt. They were always prepared to take care of my daughter. The first caregiver we had left to go back to her nursing profession. She was wonderful and was willing to do everything I asked of her. My daughter was crazy over her. In addition, the management was very responsive to me.

Ed24 September 23, 2014

Visiting Angels definitely did a good job in taking care of dad. They take him out to shopping malls, grocery stores and doctor's appointments. They allowed him to continue to live life.

The staff at the local office specially Rudy and Mindy were very nice and very accommodating.

Amy27 July 22, 2014

They were thoughtful and helpful in the initial process in hiring a live in companion for my mother. Visiting Angels was very supportive of the companion that we chose. She helps troubleshoot any problems and come up with strategies on how to care for my mom in the most appropriate ways. They were very responsive to my questions. Generally, they were very helpful to work with. We've been with them for 15 months.

Joanne28 July 18, 2014

The caregivers from Visiting Angels were very good. They were very accommodating to the hours that we need. They really worked around my schedule because I was working and my mother was home, we needed somebody to stay with her for a period of time when we couldn't have family members there. When we had to switch days to accommodate my work schedule, they were very understanding and they were able to accommodate me. They were very attentive and I really felt they did a wonderful job. We had no problems with them.

Art9 January 28, 2014

Visiting Angels was fabulous! They were God-sent and very easy to work with. I had gotten their company from some other source. Anyway, they talked to to me about what they can and cannot do. They're very accommodating. If I had questions or changes in schedule, they answer and grant them.

There were some caregivers that were not quite good. There were two that I can remember. I called Visiting Angels about it and they were replaced. In general, the caregivers with the exception of the two, were extremely polite, very compassionate and very caring. They were good listeners too. They were excellent.

Pat41 December 19, 2013

I can't thank you enough for the positive difference Visiting Angels has made in both my father's and my life. Last year, my dad was in a care facility and in a hospital; I was in despair thinking I'd lose him. But a social worker put me in touch with Rudy and now our whole world has changed for the better. I can't believe any organization would go through so much trouble to help us.

Now that we have our own 'Visiting Angel,' CNA Doris, both Dad and I are changed people. Doris not only does the 'regular' chores of bathing, feeding, and housework, but she has encouraged Dad to get up and around (A FACT THAT ASTOUNDS OUR FAMILY), and she engages him in conversation. He has done a 360° turnaround! He's no longer depressed and is able to get out of the house now and then! In fact, we just took him to the doctor who said Dad just keeps getting better!!!

I can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate Doris. Dad told me he likes her laugh! It's like life has come back into our home. You are to be commended for selecting people that have a natural nurturing ability with the elderly, and the training you give them is excellent. I simply could not ask for more. I also appreciate the nurses who come out to check Dad and the calls from Nora to 'touch base' and make sure all is going well. You really are 'Angels'!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to help us. Our lives are so much better now.

Norma6 December 05, 2013

Our Visiting Angels’ aide, Towain, was a wonderful help to me. She not only helped with all my physical needs, she was a comfort to have around. Her laughter brightened my day.

Kathy77154050 October 12, 2013

Visiting Angels was great. They did what was needed. They're very kind, compassionate and friendly. They made my mom less lonely. They're very willing to do all things for mom.

John76458850 September 30, 2013

Visiting Angels was recommended by a friend. Their care was good. The caregivers were fine and they do their job well. We used them for about 4 months and we were satisfied with them.

Cynthia12 August 06, 2013

Today we celebrate Visiting Angels’ one year anniversary of caring for me. This past year has been a difficult one for my family and me. My declining health and gradual loss of independence has been both physically and emotionally challenging. As you know, many things that I was capable of doing for myself last year at this time, I now require assistance to perform. It has also been challenging for my daughter and son-in-law since the responsibility for my care and safety has fallen on their shoulders. But my aide Marie’s caring assistance has made an increasingly difficult situation bearable. Her many kindnesses, expert care, professionalism, and wonderful sense of humor have lightened the load for my family and have been a lifeline for me. I do not know what we would have done without Visiting Angels. They have been there for all of us when we needed it most. Marie is like a member of the family—much beloved and a blessing. So today we celebrate our time together and every day thank God for Visiting Angels’ presence in our lives.

Leiann June 15, 2013

I was very pleased with how Visiting Angels handled my initial phone call and this is the reason why I chose them for my mom. They matched up what we need and the people they have provided us are very good. I have been very pleased with their services.

Janet8 January 21, 2013

Thanks to Visiting Angels for providing my husband with our aide, Courtney. He was extremely helpful, professional and respectful. Our family was grateful for all the loving care he gave us. He even helped fix the shower so it was easier for my husband to use, and prepared delicious meals!

Lori4 January 21, 2013

My grandmother LOVES her Visiting Angel, Norma, and so do we. Norma takes care of my grandmother as though she were her own relative. She's always busy in my grandmother's room, cleaning and re-arranging to make it nice for her. We also love that she shuts off the TV to interact with my grandmother, sets her hair, does her nails, and also helps me with other chores around the house. Gold Star to Visiting Angels!

Amy5 December 17, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how important it was for my father to receive care from your employees during his final months. He grew to be especially fond of Henrietta B., who provided professional service as well as companionship and real comfort to my father as well as to my sister and myself during the last days of his life.

Paul3 December 17, 2012

Incredibly kind and professional! We have had an "Angel" taking care of my grandmother for over a year now. Although she is in excellent mental condition, my grandmother needs some extra help and can't be left alone for long periods of time. Visiting Angels provides an incredible peace of mind for all of us in the family. Of course we all still visit her frequently, but we simply would not be able to work, travel, or sleep soundly if this angel was not with her every day. While her quality of life is certainly improved, ours is as well.

Carole2 December 17, 2012

Visiting Angels, may God bless you all for the help you were to my mom and me. Thanks again.

Peggy6 December 05, 2012

Josephine cared for my husband until he recently passed away. I cannot speak highly enough of the care Josephine gave him. I would like to highlight some specifics of Josephine's tender loving care.

When Josephine came to care for my husband, she would be so cheerful and soft spoken. She would inquire about the days she was not there and asked how he was. As far as personal care--it was there that she did her best work. Never did I find one speck of unclean skin; he was washed from head to toe and it was done in a very respectful manner. Josephine knew him well enough to brighten his day. For example, she would talk with him about The Price is Right and had a good time kidding with him.

I miss her now that she is not here; she deserves more credit than she receives. There is no one like her. I always felt she was too good to be true...but she was!

paul_r September 12, 2011

Excellent! My grandmother has been using the service for over a year now and she is thrilled. The aid is very warm and caring, and also very respectful. Plus, she always comes on time (I was shocked that she even comes early and leaves late!), and the two times she had to call out throughout the 1+ yrs, there was always a call and a replacement setup in advance. She even makes me lunch/dinner when I come by to visit. Really, without having someone to come in and take care of my grandmother, there is no way the rest of us in the family would be able to live the lives we do now, working, taking care of kids, even the occasional vacation.

From Visiting Angels

Whether your need is for short-term respite care, assistance after surgery, friendly companionship, or long-term assistance with activities of daily living, Visiting Angels provides the solutions and assistance to help adults retain their independence safely and comfortably. We’re available when you need us—from part-time hourly care to full-time live-in care.

• We seek to hire the finest home care employees available. We place a great deal of effort in finding aides who are truly caring, loving people, and we train them to adhere to our high standards. You can be assured your loved one will receive the compassion and one-on-one attention he or she needs and deserves.
  • We only hire Certified Home Health Aides (CHHAs) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) who have had prior experience in professional home care—our Angels have earned their wings! Our employees have impeccable credentials, and have passed rigorous background and reference checks.
  • Our goal is to improve the quality of life of not only our clients, but our employees as well.
  • We strive to provide valuable resources to the senior community through our website and in our social media content.
  • Our unique Veterans Program provides qualifying New Jersey veterans and their widowed spouses with home care with no out-of-pocket costs—well before they are awarded the Aid & Attendance home care benefit from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Call for details.

• Thank you for visiting us on Caring.com. Please contact us to learn how we can be of assistance to you and your family.

Features of Visiting Angels

• Licenses: Health Care Service Firm

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
    • Personal care assistants

Types of care

• Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
    • Light housekeeping
    • Errands & grocery shopping

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
    • We check references
    • We check driving records
    • We confirm legal U.S. residency

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Payment options

• Insurance
    • Credit card
    • Check

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address