Basecost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Homewatch CareGivers Serving Midland, Bay City and the Tri-Cities Area

Senior Care Services
Everything the in-home care professionals at Homewatch CareGivers do in the home is about keeping your loved one safe and giving you peace of mind. Our caregivers will work with you on an elder-care plan that addresses your specific concerns.

Our senior care specialists help your loved one stay independent by helping with personal care issues, like grooming and bathing, to daily living activities, like housekeeping, errands or transportation when they need to get to an appointment. We create our senior-care plans by working with you – our plans are customized and flexible based on a person’s changing needs over time. Senior care is about having a meaningful connection with a perfectly matched caregiver who can be there to alleviate any feelings of loneliness and helplessness.

Reviews of Homewatch CareGivers Serving Midland, Bay City and the Tri-Cities Area

Homewatch CareGivers Serving Midland, Bay City and the Tri-Cities Area
64px
Posted by Shirley and Family August 30, 2015

My mother suffered a stroke in June 2015 and then went to Stratford for rehabilitation. Upon leaving Stratford it was apparent that she could not be left without assistance. Homewatch CareGivers took care of her and (my father) with grace and dignity. Whether conversing, cleaning or getting her up and around they were a blessing to have in our home. Each one of the caregivers was kind and gentle. Working with David was an uplifting experience to see how another human cares for someone unknown to them. Scheduling was flexible and I trusted with my mothers life. That means everything. Thank you to the whole staff. Julie

Homewatch CareGivers Serving Midland, Bay City and the Tri-Cities Area
64px
Posted by SuzanneW March 11, 2015

About two years ago, my widowed mom, who was past 80 and in the early- to mid-stages of dementia, was living alone in her condo. My siblings and I and our grown children all live several hundred to several thousand miles away. We visited as often as possible, but Mom was on her own most of the time. We wanted her to move near one of us, but she was deeply rooted and didn't want to leave.

We talked with Homewatch CareGivers, and they sounded able and willing to do whatever Mom needed. For the next two years, starting with a few needs and gradually increasing, they became Mom's trusted helpers - and the boots on the ground for those of us who couldn't be there. Some of the services they gave Mom were medication management, transportation, housekeeping, cooking, shopping, companionship, and encouragement to keep drinking water. They also observed Mom's behaviors and reported them to Kathy, the director, so changes could be addressed right away.

Kathy is devoted to Homewatch's clients, and she's a reliable communicator with family members. Not only did Kathy stay in touch and tell me of any concerns, but she also quickly answered the zillions of emails I sent, even during evenings, weekends, and holidays. And if needs changed - whether medical, scheduling, or anything - she added staff or moved shifts or altered approaches, so Mom would have consistent, quality care. And she did it cheerfully!

Everyone at Homewatch was terrific to Mom and to our family. Besides Kathy, David came over to Mom's house whenever needed to install or fix the med dispenser. Gail, the nurse, spent an hour a week refilling the dispenser and then chatting with Mom to observe how Mom was doing - and in the process they became good friends. The caregivers who cooked and drove and vacuumed were all warm and loving and personable. Mom liked everyone and always said she had no complaints.

Now Mom lives in an assisted-living community near me, in another state. Homewatch would willingly have continued to serve her, but I wanted to be able to see her frequently and give her opportunities to watch her great-grandchildren grow.

All of us are exceedingly grateful for Homewatch's outstanding work and the generous spirits of everyone there. If my siblings and I could choose again whom we would hire to care for Mom, we would make exactly the same decision. Homewatch CareGivers was a Godsend to us.

Other Options Nearby

Features of Homewatch CareGivers Serving Midland, Bay City and the Tri-Cities Area

Rates

• Rate for overnight care: $18.75/hour
  • Rate for hourly care: $18.75/hour

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants

Types of care

• Transportation: Yes
  • Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping

• We have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Credit card
  • Check
  • Payment options extra: Veteran's Aid and Attendance

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address

• main 10344 Thor Dr. Suite C
    Freeland, MI 48623

Get Information

• Get a quote
  • Discuss payment options
  • Make an appointment
By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.