Homewatch CareGivers Serving Northcentral & Northwest Alabama

Contact Now

Reviews of Homewatch CareGivers Serving Northcentral & Northwest Alabama

Nancy Law March 16, 2016

The time between when I first got word that my mom would be discharged from rehab and when she actually moved in with me was just 9 days. She needed a lot of care and I was very worried that I would not know how to properly care for her. I needed help. The first best thing about finding Homewatch Caregivers was how they helped me to relax and be assured that they could provide anything and everything that I might need. And, they did! From day one I had a trained caregiver to be here with me to show me how to do everything. Once I learned, I found that I could do a lot more on my own than I thought. We only used Homewatch Caregivers for that first week (everyday) that my mom was here because that is all I found I needed at the time. Now, I know they are available in the future should I need them. I really loved how there was zero pressure from anyone at Homewatch Caregiver for me to continue to use their services once I had found that I didn't need them. They are like a good friend you can call who will be right there to help in whatever way you need.

Flamingoette July 22, 2015

I just recently needed someone to come care for Mom...she has dementia. I called this agency and Dr Al and his lovely wife Pat came to our home to discuss the specifics Mom required and costs. I was immediately set up with VERY qualified ladies that came and did a great job with Mom. My mother was very comfortable with all the ladies they sent and I finally had peace of mind. I would use them again in a heartbeat. I found their high standards for hiring to be top notch. When you have family members needing care, THIS IS WHO TO CALL FIRST. They are very reasonable in rates and extremely dedicated to matching the proper caregiver to patient needs and personality. The people at this agency TRULY understand the stress this can bring to a family and do all they can to alleviate that from your life. I really am glad to have found them.

Once in a very great while we are blessed with a family that touch each and everyone's hearts and make us feel passionate about the mission, vision and values of Homewatch CareGivers. This is such a family and we will love to care for them any time we are called. Pat Herbert, Owner

Disabledpoet June 08, 2015

Everyone was friendly and professional. They have a system of oversight for their employees. My caregiver, Cletus, is supportive and tolerant of my personality quirks. Homewatch was a big improvement over the independent caregiver I had before.

Ann Gattis May 28, 2015

Our experience with Homewatch CareGivers exceeded all expectations and needs. They did a wonderful job of accessing our specific needs and tailoring their support accordingly. All staff we worked with were professional and caring. Each was extremely patient with our needs and emotions. This can be a challenge when dealing with adult and elder care.

When things fell apart physically for our Mother, they were right there with support, care and prayers. They talked us through those things we might expect given her condition and discussed available options. These discussions took place with care and compassion.

I am pleased to recommend Homewatch CareGivers to those who find themselves in need of adult homecare.

This family was both a rewarding and personally moving experience for all members of our agency to participate and enjoy the love in which exist for caring for Mother. Needless to say, we stand ready and willing to assist in meeting their needs, should ever the need arise. Pat Herbert, Owner

susan culpepper May 19, 2015

I interviewed this provider

Wonderful caregivers, helped my mom recover from her illness. I was,able to work knowing she was in good hands. Thanks, Client

We enjoyed providing care to this client and want to thank her family for the kind words to our caregivers. Needless our caregivers are the heart of our business and we appreciate all that that they do for our clients. Ms. Pat

jn9934 May 14, 2015

We used Homewatch with my father who had become deaf and weak when recovering from meningitis and subdural hematoma evacuations. They are a very professional, caring group to work with. Great attention was given to my father and if any problems or special requests arose, they were dealt with in a timely manner without sacrificing care. Even during inclement weather, the caregivers did everything in their power to be there for us. One even walked a couple of miles in the snow to make a shift. Another drove in bad conditions to make it in the middle of the night and relieve me. What they did for us was a blessing!

Working with this family was 100% our pleasure. Our caregivers and the family members developed a very special bond and even to this day they often ask how this past client is doing. Special clients like you make our work not our jobs, but our passion!!

brcosmas April 10, 2015

While recovering from an accident, I realized that I needed extra assistance: running errands, getting to doctor's appointments, etc. The perfect solution was Homewatch Care Givers. From the very first phone call, the staff treated me as a valued client. The caregivers were prompt, very courteous and professional, and most of all, treated me with dignity and respect.

We are pleased to learn that our past client was pleased with our services. My wife and firmly believe that our caregivers are the heart of our business and we appreciate the outstanding service that they provide our clients each and every day.

Bobby7 September 01, 2014

I have great experience with Homewatch CareGivers. They really have a wonderful service. Ethel, my caregiver, has been great to me.

Ricky3 September 01, 2014

Homewatch CareGivers provides great service. I especially enjoy the service of my caregiver, Haley. She is wonderful!

Wayne10 August 04, 2014

Homewatch CareGivers provides great care! I am very satisfied with Christina. She has done things quickly. Everyone at Homewatch has been so cooperative.

Caring85319150 February 11, 2014

The caregivers are very professional, friendly and helpful. They come to my house at the capacity of a healthcare role.

Shana2 February 05, 2014

I ABSOLUTELY love Homewatch CareGivers! They were the epitome of professionalism and loving care from my initial call! I was very impressed when after reviewing my father's benefits they called me back to advise that they had a sister company that could better suit my father's needs (meaning less/no money for them and less money out of pocket for my family). However, because of their commitment to meeting the needs of their clients they provided me with the info that was best suitable for our needs even if that meant not their company! I would recommend them to anyone in need on home care assistance! I can concur that they are LEADING COMPANY in this business!

Barbara84894850 February 05, 2014

The caregivers were very hands and they seem to take an interest in the whole family. We felt comfortable having them in our home and take care of my husband. It was a good experience.

Donna83969550 January 24, 2014

I’m very happy with Homewatch CareGivers. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful. The caregivers are great and everything is good.

Loven January 24, 2014

I’m a nurse and like the set-up that I can call Homewatch CareGivers whenever care for my mother is needed. They’re very responsive and the caregivers are friendly and have established a nice relationship with my mother. I’m very happy their service.

ER1 October 10, 2013

We are very pleased with the care my mother is receiving. In particular, the professionalism of the staff, concern for the client, and follow-up, has given our family a true feeling of security and trust. As we continue on this "Alzheimer's journey", it is comforting to know that HWCG will be a vital team member, supporting us along the way.

Lynn17 September 26, 2013

Homewatch CareGivers is wonderful! When we found out we needed care, it was really sudden because dad had fallen and he couldn't be home alone. He was a former victim of Elder Exploitation by a former caregiver, and we were leery of having strangers come in our house. With Homewatch CareGivers, they have given us a reassuring, peace of mind state. They came to the house, checked things out, asked questions, and are constantly getting us involved with dad's care but keeping thorough notes on what they're doing. They have informed me on things I didn't even know! Dad is an old, grumpy old man, who thinks he knows everything, but he has really taking a liking to the caregivers. Ashley, his caregiver, plays scrabble with him all the time. It was really cute when she came in the house the other day and announced that she had downloaded the Scrabble App on her phone. That really showed us that she went over and beyond to provide the best care for dad. We have had the most dependable, respectful, caring, and concern care from Homewatch CareGivers.

SharonM1 September 23, 2013

Homewatch CareGivers (Huntsville) has been taking care of mom, and we are extremely pleased with all the ladies who are her caregiver. Jessica, the social worker, does an outstanding job at checking on mom as well. Mom is in physical therapy right now, and Jessica checks on her to make sure everything is going well. Anytime I call, I get an immediate response from either Dr. Herbert or Jessica. It feels good to know that at anytime, we can trust on them to take care of mom. I feel like they are a part of our family.

From Homewatch CareGivers Serving Northcentral & Northwest Alabama

Providing premier in home care services with our professionally trained caregivers backed by over 30 years of in-field experience, Homewatch CareGivers is recognized as a home care leader worldwide. Our focus is on customized care for individuals of all ages that preserves dignity, protects independence and provides peace of mind for the family.

Our senior care services in Northcentral & Northwest Alabama include:

• personal care (bathing, grooming, dressing, transfers, etc.)
  • rehab care
  • hospice support
  • medication reminders
  • hospital discharge assistance
  • respite care
  • automatic medication dispensers and other technologies to complement care
  • client care coordination to address holistic care needs

Our full range of companion care and personal home care services keeps our clients safe at home, where they want to be. Quality home care lies in delivering what our clients want as much as providing what they need. Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference. We believe in putting the client in the driver's seat, enabling them to maintain a personal lifestyle they choose, within a schedule they prefer, to enhance quality of life.

We know that educated caregivers bring pride and confidence to the tender job of caring. Homewatch CareGivers University is a professionally developed caregiver training platform designed to train our caregiver employees, family members providing care, and even the greater caregiver community with thousands of hours of up-to-date training courses.

Our best practices ensure we are matching our clients with the highest quality caregivers. Our hiring standards meet or exceed the most stringent state requirements. Announced and unannounced quality assurance visits by professionals are just part of our ongoing efforts to identify training opportunities so that caregivers skills continually improve.

Features of Homewatch CareGivers Serving Northcentral & Northwest Alabama

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants
  • Range of services extra: Alabama Deptartment of Revenue

• We have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Insurance
  • Credit card
  • Check

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address