Senior Helpers - North Houston

Reviews of Senior Helpers - North Houston

Overview of Ratings

4.9

By Dianne6

I wanted to let you know how my family and I appreciate the personal assistance that your caregivers have provided to my mother. The flexibility and patience your caregivers, Claudette, Laquita, Carolyn and Ola, have shown has been a great relief and is very much appreciated. I also would like to thank your staff for working with us on last minute schedule changes, allowing us to evaluate mother’s needs on a week-by-week and even a day-by-day basis. I would recommend your company to family and friends.

By Fred6

I wanted to thank you and the Senior Helpers staff that provided my DiAnne, me and our family the best possible care and comfort during DiAnne’s last two weeks of life. As I have often told you they are some of the best professionals and people that I have ever met and that you must be doing something very right to have such high quality employees. I was very impressed and truly grateful for the way that Senior Helper’s caregivers were consistent in giving their personal attention to DiAnne’s comfort. They engaged her in such a way that she often would laugh, smile and talk. They were also very attentive to detail in their efforts to help put our home back in order, thus removing a great deal of stress and distraction from me. I was able to focus most of my attention on DiAnne during her last days, in large part, due to the help and support of the incredible people who staff Senior Helpers. I hired Senior Helpers on a Friday afternoon and they had a caregiver at my house that evening. I honestly, I have said this over and over, wish that I had known about Senior Helpers sooner. The support and comfort they provided for Dianne’s last two weeks would have been very much needed and appreciated at an earlier date. The very first caregiver, Jean, was able to, in a matter of hours, completely take my house from the chaos resulting from weeks of neglect, to a clean and completely organized to my specs state. I am a retired airline captain and I cannot stress enough how important having things in order, especially in a crisis situation, is to me. Jean was also the first of several Senior Helpers caregivers to establish a personal rapport with Dianne that remained strong until her passing. She got her to laugh and smile, through the pain, during her last days.

By Tom24

You and your company have been a joy to work with. I spoke with several other companies before I found Senior Helpers. From the prompt call backs to the personal introduction of our caregiver, your company far out shined the others. You may gladly count me among your satisfied clients. Similarly, you should be very proud of your caregiver, Barbara. She has been wonderful to have around our house. Barbara is always cheerful, helpful and very professional in her duties. Any family would be lucky to have Barbara assigned to them in the future. Again, thank you for all that you and your staff have done.

From Senior Helpers - North Houston

A better quality of life...

Senior Helpers Mission is to ensure a better quality of life, for both our elderly clients and their families, by providing dependable and affordable care at a moments' notice. We are a trusted and respected organization that takes a responsible role in supporting our clients and their families, our employees and our community.

From a few hours a week to live-in or 24x7, we provide a free, in-home evaluation and implement a plan of care that is unique to each of our clients. Our staff is available for care 24 hours per day/7 days per week. All of our caregivers are our employees and all employees go through extensive background and educational screening. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.

COMPANION CARE

• General shopping and errands
  • Transportation and appointments

ALZHEIMER'S & DEMENTIA CARE

• Customized care plans
  • Cueing programs to stimulate memory
  • Constant patient monitoring
  • Supervise medication and daily activities
  • Fostering of supportive communication
  • Promoting a positive environment
  • Providing meaningful activities

HOUSEKEEPING

• Laundry & ironing
  • Vacuuming & dusting
  • Meal preparation & washing dishes
  • Caring for pets and plants

PERSONAL CARE

• Personal hygiene assistance
  • Medication reminders
  • Diet monitoring and meal planning
  • Walking assistance

Our Service Areas (North Houston Area)

North Houston, Conroe, Huffman, Humble, Magnolia, New Caney, Pinehurst, Porter, Slendora, Spring, Tomball, The Woodlands, Brookshire, Cypress, Hockley, Katy, Waller

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes

• Companionship
  • Meal Preparation
  • Errand And Grocery Assistance

Travel

• Travel Details: Staff Will Travel 1 To 15 Miles To Provide Care.

Screening