Home Helpers - Houston

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Home Helpers - Houston

Camille1 August 30, 2012

We had been with another provider for about 8 or 9 months. We were really getting to the point where it was getting frustrating with some issues with them. Mom was going through the Alzheimer's process so I signed up for elder care and Malinda called in October of that year. We talked on the phone for probably an hour or two. She told me that she and her sister have a franchise with Home Helpers and they wanted to come by and meet my mom. I liked Malinda instantly over the phone and I could tell that it was a really a good match. They came over and talked to us and it was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted people that were more involved. We've been very happy with them. I go down there quite often since I live in Dallas. They're very good at working with their clients. I just get a feeling that their heart is really big and they want to do the right thing for a lot of reasons. I think their caregivers went through a rigorous training compared to other providers. In the past provider we had, they would just send somebody for mom without any directions or any instructions about what to do, so it was a nightmare. We even got people that were scary. Now with Home Helpers, we've had people who'd been with us the whole time. They've been in place now probably from the beginning of the year and they've been really good. They really know what they're doing. They work among themselves and make sure that they know any problem areas and are always working on things from all kinds of different angles. It's a really good group.

Marshella August 14, 2012

They came out and did an initial consultation. They provided about 3 caregivers and they were all very attentive and very caring to my Aunt. She was in the last stages of dementia in a hospice care. However, hospice does not supply around the clock care. A lot of people think they do but they don't and so you still have to have support. So Home Helpers really filled in around the edges and allowed me to have some breaks. She was being well cared for and loved when I wasn't there. The ladies were just all very sweet, kind, and knowledgeable. My Aunt is completely bed-ridden and incontinent, so they take care of her like change diapers, prepare her light meals and assisted her eating. They make sure to chat with her and break up some of the monotony of just spending hour upon hour in the bed all the time. They are a real comfort to her. I'll definitely recommend Home Helpers to our friends and family.

Linda17 August 14, 2012

I got Home Helpers because they were close and within my vicinity. At the same time, they were recommended to us and so we hired them. They were very professional both Malinda and Denise. They came to the house and interviewed us and informed us of all of their offerings. So they brought in Samantha, the caregiver and we got to meet her and spent time with her before she started. Samantha is wonderful and does her job very professionally. My husband used to not want to do anything but now he does puzzle and surf the internet together with Samantha. They walk around and keeps his mind active which is very important. She has become a great comfort for her. She's here with us 4 hours and 4 days a week.

Cynthia3 August 14, 2012

I saw Home Helpers on an elderly care website. They're close to my home so I called them and inquired. They got back at me after a day or two. Malinda and Denise have really stayed on the effort of having a caregiver who could learn the ways of our household, keep my mom happy, and someone reliable. Some of them are excellent and some of them we don't see back again. But in all cases, they've been very responsive to my feedback about helpers. They've been very motivated about getting people back here consistently. They have been a good companion for my mom, help her move around the house, and light housekeeping. Sometimes they prepare food for her. At the moment we have 2 caregivers that come to our house consistently. I also like that fact that Home Helpers is very flexible when it comes to schedules.

About Home Helpers - Houston

Home Helpers - Houston is an in-home care provider serving Houston, TX and the surrounding area. Home Helpers - Houston offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Home Helpers - Houston