Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL

Overview of Ratings

4.7

November 20, 2017

By Colleen A

Home Helpers does a good job in that they send quality caregivers that make sure my mother stays clean. My mother feels better because she is clean and that made a big difference for her.

November 20, 2017

By Irene T

Home Helpers is very helpful. The people are very pleasant and nice to be around. The services from Home Helpers have been helpful for me by helping with meals and getting things for me.

November 19, 2017

By rbiggert

Home Helpers do a great job of getting the right helpers for us. Scheduling can sometimes be challenging but they manage to work it out.

November 15, 2017

By Jeannine L

Home Helpers is very accommodating and they always come through with the services. Home Helpers helps me to worry less about my parents because I know someone is with them.

November 14, 2017

By Kathleen D_1

I would recommend Home Helpers because it has worked out for me very well. Having the caregivers has made my life easier because I am getting older and I have some physical infirmities, so I find the services helpful.

November 10, 2017

By Wray and Naomi J

Home Helpers cleans our house and they're nice to me. Home Helpers is acceptable and needed. Home Helpers does my work for me.

November 10, 2017

By Howard G_1

Home Helpers is the only agency to use. Home Helpers takes care of me in fine fashion.

November 09, 2017

By Virginia D

Home Helpers is very responsible and they come through with the care. Home Helpers has made life easier by completely taking care of her. She can't do anything on her own.

October 30, 2017

By Rody and Judy B

I'd tell a friend that Home Helpers is really helpful and nice. The caregiver's like to be busy. Home Helpers has helped make life easier by taking over and doing so much for me. I can do other things that I want to do with their help.

October 30, 2017

By Mary S_7

I would tell a friend taht Home Helpers is very helpful. The workers are good and they staff us well. Home Helpers has made my life easier by taking the worry off my mind through the care they provide for my mother.

October 27, 2017

By Bob M_1

Home Helpers is responsive to your calls, and have great people that work there. Home Helpers helps do the little chores around the house.

October 24, 2017

By Barb U

Home Helpers is very good about screening their applicants. The services provide me with some relief knowing that my loved one is taken care of.

October 20, 2017

By Terry N

Home Helpers has some good caregivers that work for them. (Possible discharge interview.) We needed the caregivers 24 hours a day.

October 19, 2017

By Diana M_1

I would recommend Home Helpers because they seem to be on time and interested in helping you to do your daily tasks. The service has helped me by anticipating my needs.

October 18, 2017

By Ed and Peggy G

Home Helpers provides great caregivers. Home Helpers has made our lives easier by doing the things that we are no longer able to do.

By Jean and Tom D_1

It depends on who the helpers is, but we have at least one who is very good. It's very important because one caregiver helped my wife reverse her senile dementia, and I didn't even know that was possible.

By Alberta F_1

Home Helpers has never disappointed me. Home Helpers has taken a lot of the chores I would do away. They have made my life easier.

By Delores C

My loved one loves their caregiver. My loved one could not get through the day without Home Helpers, and I don't have to worry about anything.

September 26, 2017

By Georgia G

I would tell someone that Home Helpers is very accommodating and informative. There are a lot of services offered, and they have a lot of help available.

September 22, 2017

By Marge S_1

Home Helpers is a good agency because they're very helpful, and all of the people that I have are pleasant and nice to be around. The Home Helpers services are helpful because they're right there when I need anything.

September 21, 2017

By Frances and Demetrio M

I would highly recommend Home Helpers to others because the caregiver works a lot with us, and she does a great job. Before, I would care for my husband, but now I can't do everything like cooking, cleaning, and going to the store. What Home Helpers does for us really takes a lot of weight off my shoulders.

September 14, 2017

By Concetta 'Tina' F

I would refer Home Helpers to others, but I don't get the same people. I am now, but that hasn't been the case before. However, Home Helpers is there for us. The services provided to us by Home Helpers have certainly helped my husband. I cannot do a lot for myself or for my husband.

September 14, 2017

By Frank H_2

Home Helpers has a selection of experienced people who know their jobs and they are very caring. Home Helpers has made my life easier by having whatever I had under control. I was in the hospital for five days and then again for ten days.

September 12, 2017

By Roxie Z

Home Helpers has been very reliable and helpful in their services. I don't drive anymore, so Home Helpers is able to do that for me. They are very helpful in taking me wherever I need to go.

August 28, 2017

By Elizabeth Ann O

Home Helpers is there when I need them. I would tell a friend they are the best on my list. Home Helpers has made life easier because I know the caregivers are always there.

August 26, 2017

By dianemildred

Home Helpers Hinsdale is the Best. I have worked the field of aging for over 40 years and when I needed help for my Mom I called Mike and Mary Home Helpers. They did a fabulous job. It is like having family helping out.

August 24, 2017

By Martin K

I was the medical power of attorney for my mother. My sister was the financial power of attorney. My sister insisted that we use independent care givers. Experienced much turn over, a lack of meaningful care as they basically baby sat my mother and then their was the tax implications of independents . I become concerned over the events and contracted with the Home Helpers of Hinsdale They met with use, provided a care plan, their staff were extremely professional and their was always a voice on the other end of the phone when we had a question. When the time came for my mother to transition from this world to the next they were with us through the whole experience. I would not hesitate to recommend Home Helpers of Hinsdale for in home medical care

August 23, 2017

By Tom M_1

I would tell others that Home Helpers is a good company because they have good employees that are very professional. The services have made the client's life easier by giving her a peace of mind knowing that someone is there with her 24/7.

August 23, 2017

By ali0909

Home Helpers caregivers helped my mother for a few years and worked very hard to place her with the appropriate caregivers and customize a plan to her ever changing needs. The office and RN are very professional and very helpful. Available around the clock and always staying on top of their caregivers and clients by checking in. It is not easy for a senior to accept that they need help and lose independency. But Home Helpers works to make that transition a little bit easier for the client and family.

August 16, 2017

By Josephine "Jo" M

We have not had many problems. The client has gone through a number of caregivers, but the caregiver is just wonderful. Home Helpers services allow me to got work without worrying about my mom.

August 15, 2017

By Evangeline A

Home Helpers is very responsive, especially if a caregiver can't make it or cancels. They work hard to replace them. They're very respectful, and the caregivers seem to know what they're doing. My mom had a couple of falls, and we needed someone to help with walking and overnight care. It allows me to sleep and get help with care I can't do myself.

August 14, 2017

By Ken B

Home Helpers keeps giving me different people until I get the person that I like. Home Helpers has given me a little more time for myself.

August 14, 2017

By Bob D_1

I would say that Home Helpers has quality staff and quality individuals. Home Helpers has allowed my mother to have more independence. The pill dispenser equipment has been helpful.

July 31, 2017

By Jean K_4

I thought I could do without Home Helpers' care, but they have been a tremendous help to me. I do not have to make my bed or do the laundry, and it just makes my life a lot easier.

July 31, 2017

By Susan F_3

Home Helpers is a very professional operation. The caregivers are here on time.

July 28, 2017

By John A_4

Home Helpers has consistently strong people and they have the ability to respond when there is an accident or scheduling conflict. They are professional. Home Helpers gives the client greater attention for her daily needs and a sense of security and familiarity with someone she knows day in and day out.

July 28, 2017

By Ruth L_1

Home Helpers is a very organized, which is extremely helpful. It is really helpful to me that the caregiver is punctual.

July 26, 2017

By Anonymous_494

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers has been very cooperative and helpful on short-notice, when needed.

July 21, 2017

By Karen K_4

Home Helpers is there for me and they listen to me. Home Helpers anticipates what I want and need. I can talk to my caregivers and they can answer my questions. The caregivers help me sleep, they dress me, and they make my meals.

July 12, 2017

By Don and Joan S

Home Helpers is competent and I am pleased with my husband's care. Home Helpers has made my husband's life easier. We have 24/7 care and my husband is always operating at his peak level of capability.

June 28, 2017

By Robert D_6

The caregiver that I have from Home Helpers is very reliable. The service is excellent but the care isn't very important. The caregiver does my laundry and takes me to the grocery store.

June 22, 2017

By Carol and Kathy S

The caregivers from Home Helpers are very nice and cordial. They do what you ask them to do, and they don't seem to have any limitations. Home Helpers has made my life easier by doing the hard housecleaning and things that would require me to bend over.

June 19, 2017

By Jim P_1

Home Helpers is reliable. Home Helpers' services have made life easier because they care for my mother for me.

June 14, 2017

By Martin and Patricia G

The caregiver is usually on time, and they try to make me feel comfortable. The caregivers are very caring.

May 30, 2017

By Pat G_4

Home Helpers has very good follow up, they are reliable, and they have done a great job. My mother has Alzheimer's and it's been tricky, but they follow up through email and phone. Every caregiver has worked out very well. They are wonderful and great. I couldn't do what I do without Home Helpers. If wasn't working with them, I would drive myself crazy. They help with stress and it's been superb.

May 26, 2017

By Denis K_1

Home Helpers is very accommodating and I always get the same caregiver. That is very helpful for me. My caregiver does my laundry and my dishes, and that's helpful.

May 25, 2017

By Virginia D_2

Home Helpers is very reliable and the caregivers that work with your family member are screened very well. They just do a very good job. The caregivers have been very good and caring.

May 24, 2017

By Ruth F_3

Home Helpers does a good job. Home Helpers has made life easier by cleaning for me.

May 23, 2017

By Rose M

I would tell people that Home Helpers has given me the same caregiver for over a year, and she is exceptional. The most helpful thing that Home Helpers does is help my husband stay mobile.

By Beverly P

Home Helpers' business is strictly about the people they provide for my wife, and I wish they could send better caregivers for her. They are not well-trained. We've only had the care for a short period of time, but I wish Home Helpers had better trained caregivers that came to care for my wife.

By Wray and Naomi J_2

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers does a good job. My caregivers get the job done. That's what is important to me.

By Frank L_2

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers is very efficient. Home Helpers has made life easier by keeping me company.

By Julie M_9

My experience may not be the same as everyone's. The first caregiver would not have worked out and complained about her back. I would have no idea about how great Home Helpers was if it were not for my current caregiver. My experience with Home Helpers is great because of my current caregiver. When I don't have my caregiver, my life is harder.

By Lorraine and Frank S_2

Home Helpers is reliable. Home Helpers takes care of my needs and I'm glad to see the caregiver show up.

By Susan C

I would tell someone that Home Helpers is efficient and thoughtful. I don't have the services every day.

April 28, 2017

By Sue N_1

I would tell someone that Home Helpers is professional,interesting people who have a lot empathy Home Helpers has made the client's life easier by encouraging her, and helping her.

April 26, 2017

By Jean and Tom D_2

It depends who we are talking to if we would refer them or not to Home Helpers. My caregiver is always around when I need her.

April 20, 2017

By Catherine "Kitty" G_1

Home Helpers has provided us with caregivers that meet my mother's needs, that communicate well with the family, and that are very helpful to us. The services are keeping my mother motivated to make improvements.

April 20, 2017

By Alberta F_2

Home Helpers is never late. They are very conscientious and I am very pleased with them. Home Helpers has made my life much easier and has helped me out a lot.

By Merce W_1

I would say Home Helpers is responsive and caring. Home Helpers are there 24/7 and assist in every aspect of getting around and eating for my mom.

By Fred and Gwen S_1

I would recommend Home Helpers because they are on-time or early, and they are available whenever we need them. The services only help us get food at night time.

By Ann W_1

Home Helpers is a very good company, and they are very punctual. I have had no problems with Home Helpers. Having Home Helpers helps me get around to go grocery shopping and drive to my appointments.

April 14, 2017

By Emily K_1

Home Helpers is very helpful and everybody that I have had has been excellent. The services have been very good because I am by myself and it is nice to have someone else here.

April 12, 2017

By Cynthia G_4

I would tell someone that Home Helpers has been a good experience for us. Home Helpers has made my sister's life easier by having a daily routine and having contact with another person other than immediate family that is trying to help her.

March 29, 2017

By Melvin602077

I used Home Helpers for two days, and it was professional and timely. They came when they were supposed to come and left when they were supposed to leave. My mother didn't have a problem with the service. It seemed like a successful encounter. The caregiver was a good lady who seemed to understand my mother and was friendly toward her.

March 23, 2017

By Anonymous_619

We've had a few different caregivers, and they have been extremely nice. We are happy with them. The caregivers have been very nice, and I appreciate what they have done for us.

March 21, 2017

By Sue J_3

Home Helpers has been very responsive and really individualized the needs of my mother's care. Having Home Helpers has had a positive impact on me because I know that someone else is there to check on my mom.

March 20, 2017

By Betty E_3

I would tell my friends that Home Helpers is very reliable and that they have well-trained people. They have been a good fit for me. The service has given me a life again.

March 14, 2017

By Richard and Alice D_1

Home Helpers has fairly good prices, and they have good services. The caregivers are very good most of the time. The caregivers can do what my wife and I cannot do.

March 13, 2017

By Lee A_1

Home Helpers could be more competitive in their pricing. Home Helpers has made my life easier by making it so I don't have to worry about the client.

February 27, 2017

By Tom M_4

I would tell someone that Home Helpers has good follow-up and they are always professional. Home Helpers gives me peace of mind knowing that someone is with my loved one and keeping an eye on her.

February 27, 2017

By Diana M_5

Home Helpers has been painless. Aside from being ill, the service is fine.

February 22, 2017

By Howard G_2

Home Helpers is always there to help. They are aware of what is going on. Home Helpers makes it so I don't have to do certain things like taking care of things in the house. They do my shopping for me.

February 21, 2017

By Bob D_2

Home Helpers has an excellent staff and is responsive. They are caring and have fair pricing. Home Helpers is another support system that has been nice. Also, the pill dispenser has been a big help.

By Henry G_2

Home Helpers is really easy to work with, and scheduling is easy. When you go to the office, the staff is very informative. The services from Home Helpers motivate my dad to do the exercises that he is supposed to be doing. They give him a lot of encouragement and carry on conversations with him.

By Marilyn B_1

I always get my care right here. Home Helpers is very good. Home Helpers has always made my life easier. They help me read and know everything I have to know.

By Kathleen D_3

I fought the services from Home Helpers at first, but they have been great, and I am satisfied. The services have made my life a lot more convenient, but that's about all I could say about it.

By Dave O_1

Home Helpers does a very good job with nursing. My brother is not even able to be sociable without the care he receives.

December 11, 2015

Home Helpers provide personal care for my husband. He needs help getting on and off the commode, out of the wheelchair and into bed, medication reminders, and heating up food for dinner. The caregiver is OK; she's doing fine. It's just basic care because he's in a wheelchair and can't walk.

October 30, 2013

By Sally17

Provides consistently experience, caring, thoughtful, patient and professional caregivers. The employee is knowledgeable about the patient and attends to every needs. I have found the care to be consistend and kind from those who come to our home and to everyone in the office.

August 20, 2012

By Laurel1

Home Helpers & Direct Link is excellent! I'm in Florida and they're caring for my mother in Illinois. It's always been a good communication with them. If I needed to get my mother to the doctor and many other concerns, they are always there. I feel I can always get a hold of someone and get a response and also take care on situations that of course I couldn't do down here. My mom has an aide coming in 3 hours a day, 7 days a week. My mother is 93 years old and pretty healthy, but can no longer drive. They're basically taking her out allowing her to get out of our house so she's not totally home bound. They take care of errands for her and take her to her doctor's appointments.

August 18, 2012

By Patricia5

My mom died in 2010 and I haven't had a need after that. I think initially the hospital referred them and the fact that they were local made us decide to hire them for my mom back then. They were really quite good. Sometimes when they were gaps with a caregiver they always did the best they could. There were a couple of people that didn't work out and they dismissed them right away. There's always people that come and go over time. One caregiver we got for a long term was very good in caring for my mom. She had 24/7 care after she had a surgery. I think she was 91 years old at that time. We basically had 2 caregivers. There were even a number of instances wherein Mary came over herself when the caregiver called in for an emergency. She was right and she came and did a good job. She even helped my mom get a refrigerator. They really did their best to provide good care and I was very appreciative of that.

From Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL

Welcome to Home Helpers of Hinsdale, a state-licensed Home Services and Home Nursing agency whose only goal is to provide excellent home care for anyone in need of a little extra help.

Our company has earned and maintained an A+ Rating from the Home Care Standards Bureau. That means we go above and beyond state minimum requirements to find and train the very best caregivers for you or your loved one.

Our professionally trained, carefully selected caregivers serve clients in western Cook and eastern DuPage counties with expert, compassionate care, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Since 2005, we have cared for our clients as if they were our own family.

Photos of Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Ethics
  • Training Areas Extra: Bathing, Dressing, Nutrition And Hydration, How To Spot Signs Of Elder Abuse

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Veterans Benefits

Payment details

• Payroll Provided For Caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Bonded And Insured

• Licenses: Home Services (3000197) and Home Nursing (4000379)

Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL