Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL

Overview of Ratings

4.6

October 30, 2017

By Rody and Judy B 547604

I'd tell a friend that Home Helpers is really helpful and nice. The caregiver's like to be busy. Home Helpers has helped make life easier by taking over and doing so much for me. I can do other things that I want to do with their help.

October 30, 2017

By Mary S 547598

I would tell a friend taht Home Helpers is very helpful. The workers are good and they staff us well. Home Helpers has made my life easier by taking the worry off my mind through the care they provide for my mother.

October 27, 2017

By Bob M 547263

Home Helpers is responsive to your calls, and have great people that work there. Home Helpers helps do the little chores around the house.

October 25, 2017

By Barb U 545603

Home Helpers is very good about screening their applicants. The services provide me with some relief knowing that my loved one is taken care of.

October 20, 2017

By Terry N 543991

Home Helpers has some good caregivers that work for them. (Possible discharge interview.) We needed the caregivers 24 hours a day.

October 19, 2017

By Diana M 543210

I would recommend Home Helpers because they seem to be on time and interested in helping you to do your daily tasks. The service has helped me by anticipating my needs.

October 19, 2017

By Ed and Peggy G 542524

Home Helpers provides great caregivers. Home Helpers has made our lives easier by doing the things that we are no longer able to do.

October 13, 2017

By Jean and Tom D 539519

It depends on who the helpers is, but we have at least one who is very good. It's very important because one caregiver helped my wife reverse her senile dementia, and I didn't even know that was possible.

October 13, 2017

By Alberta F 539512

Home Helpers has never disappointed me. Home Helpers has taken a lot of the chores I would do away. They have made my life easier.

October 12, 2017

By Delores C 538893

My loved one loves their caregiver. My loved one could not get through the day without Home Helpers, and I don't have to worry about anything.

September 26, 2017

By Georgia G_530913

I would tell someone that Home Helpers is very accommodating and informative. There are a lot of services offered, and they have a lot of help available. I have tried out a few different caregivers for my mom and seeing which one fits her the best. It is too soon to tell the impact of the services yet.

September 23, 2017

By Marge S_528918

Home Helpers is a good agency because they're very helpful, and all of the people that I have are pleasant and nice to be around. The Home Helpers services are helpful because they're right there when I need anything.

September 22, 2017

By Frances and Demetrio M_528110

I would highly recommend Home Helpers to others because the caregiver works a lot with us, and she does a great job. Before, I would care for my husband, but now I can't do everything like cooking, cleaning, and going to the store. What Home Helpers does for us really takes a lot of weight off my shoulders.

September 21, 2017

By Patti P_527353

Home Helpers has superior care. Home Helpers is conscientious. I couldn't ask for better service for my father. The owners are very involved. The services care for my father, who lives with me. I can work full time and don't have to put him in a nursing home.

September 14, 2017

By Concetta 'Tina' F_523659

I would refer Home Helpers to others, but I don't get the same people. I am now, but that hasn't been the case before. However, Home Helpers is there for us. The services provided to us by Home Helpers have certainly helped my husband. I cannot do a lot for myself or for my husband.

September 14, 2017

By Frank H_523643

Home Helpers has a selection of experienced people who know their jobs and they are very caring. Home Helpers has made my life easier by having whatever I had under control. I was in the hospital for five days and then again for ten days.

September 12, 2017

By Roxie Z_522647

Home Helpers has been very reliable and helpful in their services. I don't drive anymore, so Home Helpers is able to do that for me. They are very helpful in taking me wherever I need to go.

August 28, 2017

By Elizabeth Ann O_516946

Home Helpers is there when I need them. I would tell a friend they are the best on my list. Home Helpers has made life easier because I know the caregivers are always there.

August 27, 2017

By Peggy a M

We were v happy with the care provided by Home helpers employees. I called Michelle late Friday for help on Saturday evening. She was extremely helpful and found the best person to help out !

August 26, 2017

By dianemildred

Home Helpers Hinsdale is the Best. I have worked the field of aging for over 40 years and when I needed help for my Mom I called Mike and Mary Home Helpers. They did a fabulous job. It is like having family helping out.

August 25, 2017

By Martin K

I was the medical power of attorney for my mother. My sister was the financial power of attorney. My sister insisted that we use independent care givers. Experienced much turn over, a lack of meaningful care as they basically baby sat my mother and then their was the tax implications of independents . I become concerned over the events and contracted with the Home Helpers of Hinsdale They met with use, provided a care plan, their staff were extremely professional and their was always a voice on the other end of the phone when we had a question. When the time came for my mother to transition from this world to the next they were with us through the whole experience. I would not hesitate to recommend Home Helpers of Hinsdale for in home medical care

August 23, 2017

By Tom M_515222

I would tell others that Home Helpers is a good company because they have good employees that are very professional. The services have made the client's life easier by giving her a peace of mind knowing that someone is there with her 24/7.

August 23, 2017

By ali0909

Home Helpers caregivers helped my mother for a few years and worked very hard to place her with the appropriate caregivers and customize a plan to her ever changing needs. The office and RN are very professional and very helpful. Available around the clock and always staying on top of their caregivers and clients by checking in. It is not easy for a senior to accept that they need help and lose independency. But Home Helpers works to make that transition a little bit easier for the client and family.

August 17, 2017

By Josephine "Jo" M_512904

We have not had many problems. The client has gone through a number of caregivers, but the caregiver is just wonderful. Home Helpers services allow me to got work without worrying about my mom.

August 16, 2017

By Evangeline A_512174

Home Helpers is very responsive, especially if a caregiver can't make it or cancels. They work hard to replace them. They're very respectful, and the caregivers seem to know what they're doing. My mom had a couple of falls, and we needed someone to help with walking and overnight care. It allows me to sleep and get help with care I can't do myself.

By Ken B_511036

Home Helpers keeps giving me different people until I get the person that I like. Home Helpers has given me a little more time for myself.

By Bob D_510995

I would say that Home Helpers has quality staff and quality individuals. Home Helpers has allowed my mother to have more independence. The pill dispenser equipment has been helpful.

By Greg P_510988

The owner is very good and runs Home Helpers very well. She gives an extraordinary amount of attention to her clients. The caregivers from Home Helpers take a burden off of me in caring for my parents.

July 31, 2017

By Jean K_504027

I thought I could do without Home Helpers' care, but they have been a tremendous help to me. I do not have to make my bed or do the laundry, and it just makes my life a lot easier.

July 31, 2017

By Susan F_503994

Home Helpers is a very professional operation. The caregivers are here on time.

July 28, 2017

By John A_503205

Home Helpers has consistently strong people and they have the ability to respond when there is an accident or scheduling conflict. They are professional. Home Helpers gives the client greater attention for her daily needs and a sense of security and familiarity with someone she knows day in and day out.

July 28, 2017

By Ruth L_503202

Home Helpers is a very organized, which is extremely helpful. It is really helpful to me that the caregiver is punctual.

July 26, 2017

By Anonymous_501968

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers has been very cooperative and helpful on short-notice, when needed. It would be nice if we could have Home Helpers more often during the day, however, that is our choice.

July 21, 2017

By Karen K_499326

Home Helpers is there for me and they listen to me. Home Helpers anticipates what I want and need. I can talk to my caregivers and they can answer my questions. The caregivers help me sleep, they dress me, and they make my meals.

July 12, 2017

By Don and Joan S_494963

Home Helpers is competent and I am pleased with my husband's care. Home Helpers has made my husband's life easier. We have 24/7 care and my husband is always operating at his peak level of capability.

June 28, 2017

By Robert D_490143

The caregiver that I have from Home Helpers is very reliable.

June 22, 2017

By Carol and Kathy S_487046

The caregivers from Home Helpers are very nice and cordial. They do what you ask them to do, and they don't seem to have any limitations.

June 19, 2017

By Jim P_485349

Home Helpers is reliable.

June 14, 2017

By Martin and Patricia G_482815

The caregiver is usually on time, and they try to make me feel comfortable.

May 30, 2017

By Pat G_476932

Home Helpers has very good follow up, they are reliable, and they have done a great job. My mother has Alzheimer's and it's been tricky, but they follow up through email and phone. Every caregiver has worked out very well. They are wonderful and great.

May 26, 2017

By Denis K_476621

Home Helpers is very accommodating and I always get the same caregiver. That is very helpful for me.

May 25, 2017

By Virginia D_475818

Home Helpers is very reliable and the caregivers that work with your family member are screened very well. They just do a very good job.

May 24, 2017

By Ruth F_475358

Home Helpers does a good job.

May 24, 2017

By Rose M_474780

I would tell people that Home Helpers has given me the same caregiver for over a year, and she is exceptional.

By Beverly P_471411

Home Helpers' business is strictly about the people they provide for my wife, and I wish they could send better caregivers for her. They are not well-trained.

By Wray and Naomi J_471405

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers does a good job.

By Frank L_471401

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers is very efficient.

By Julie M_469663

My experience may not be the same as everyone's. The first caregiver would not have worked out and complained about her back. I would have no idea about how great Home Helpers was if it were not for my current caregiver.

By Lorraine and Frank S_469655

Home Helpers is reliable.

By Susan C_469639

I would tell someone that Home Helpers is efficient and thoughtful.

April 28, 2017

By Sue N

Home Helpers has made the client's life easier by encouraging her, and helping her.

April 26, 2017

By Jean and Tom D

My caregiver is always around when I need her.

April 24, 2017

By Anonymous

Home Helpers needs to pay their employees more, that way they get better quality of help. We have a great caregiver right now, but if I had to change, I would not pick Home Helpers.

April 20, 2017

By Catherine "Kitty" G

The services are keeping my mother motivated to make improvements.

April 20, 2017

By Alberta F

Home Helpers has made my life much easier and has helped me out a lot.

By Merce W

Home Helpers are there 24/7 and assist in every aspect of getting around and eating for my mom.

By Fred and Gwen S

The services only help us get food at night time.

By Ann W

Having Home Helpers helps me get around to go grocery shopping and drive to my appointments.

April 14, 2017

By Evelyn S

The services have been very good because I am by myself and it is nice to have someone else here.

April 12, 2017

By Cynthia G

Home Helpers has made my sister's life easier by having a daily routine and having contact with another person other than immediate family that is trying to help her.

March 29, 2017

By Melvin602077

I used Home Helpers for two days, and it was professional and timely. They came when they were supposed to come and left when they were supposed to leave. My mother didn't have a problem with the service. It seemed like a successful encounter. The caregiver was a good lady who seemed to understand my mother and was friendly toward her.

March 23, 2017

By Anonymous

We've had a few different caregivers, and they have been extremely nice. We are happy with them.

March 21, 2017

By Sue J

Having Home Helpers has had a positive impact on me because I know that someone else is there to check on my mom.

March 20, 2017

By Betty E

The service has given me a life again.

March 14, 2017

By Richard and Alice D

The caregivers can do what my wife and I cannot do.

March 13, 2017

By Lee A

Home Helpers has made my life easier by making it so I don't have to worry about the client.

February 27, 2017

By Tom M

Home Helpers gives me peace of mind knowing that someone is with my loved one and keeping an eye on her.

February 27, 2017

By Diana M

Aside from being ill, the service is fine.

February 22, 2017

By Howard G

Home Helpers makes it so I don't have to do certain things like taking care of things in the house. They do my shopping for me.

February 21, 2017

By Bob D

Home Helpers is another support system that has been nice. Also, the pill dispenser has been a big help.

By Henry G

The services from Home Helpers motivate my dad to do the exercises that he is supposed to be doing. They give him a lot of encouragement and carry on conversations with him.

By Marilyn B

Home Helpers has always made my life easier. They help me read and know everything I have to know.

By Kathleen D

The services have made my life a lot more convenient, but that's about all I could say about it.

By Dave O

My brother is not even able to be sociable without the care he receives.

December 11, 2015

Home Helpers provide personal care for my husband. He needs help getting on and off the commode, out of the wheelchair and into bed, medication reminders, and heating up food for dinner. The caregiver is OK; she's doing fine. It's just basic care because he's in a wheelchair and can't walk.

October 30, 2013

By Sally17

Provides consistently experience, caring, thoughtful, patient and professional caregivers. The employee is knowledgeable about the patient and attends to every needs. I have found the care to be consistend and kind from those who come to our home and to everyone in the office.

August 20, 2012

By Laurel1

Home Helpers & Direct Link is excellent! I'm in Florida and they're caring for my mother in Illinois. It's always been a good communication with them. If I needed to get my mother to the doctor and many other concerns, they are always there. I feel I can always get a hold of someone and get a response and also take care on situations that of course I couldn't do down here. My mom has an aide coming in 3 hours a day, 7 days a week. My mother is 93 years old and pretty healthy, but can no longer drive. They're basically taking her out allowing her to get out of our house so she's not totally home bound. They take care of errands for her and take her to her doctor's appointments.

August 18, 2012

By John15

I've been using Home Helpers for my dad for a while now. Their office is actually in the same building as mine. I walked down the hall and I talked to Mike and Mary. I got to know them very well and I trusted them. My dad is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. It's probably all the way Alzheimer's now. Prior to having Home Helpers, we had a caregiver for 4 or 5 days a week. But I think the companions that Home Helpers are providing have slowed down the process of Alzheimer's. It's certainly not stopping it but dad is still very very easy and happy. My sister and I live up here. I got 5 kids and she has 5 kids and we don't have the time to spend as much as we like to with my dad. So they fill a very special gap and have done a phenomenal job.

August 18, 2012

By Patricia5

My mom died in 2010 and I haven't had a need after that. I think initially the hospital referred them and the fact that they were local made us decide to hire them for my mom back then. They were really quite good. Sometimes when they were gaps with a caregiver they always did the best they could. There were a couple of people that didn't work out and they dismissed them right away. There's always people that come and go over time. One caregiver we got for a long term was very good in caring for my mom. She had 24/7 care after she had a surgery. I think she was 91 years old at that time. We basically had 2 caregivers. There were even a number of instances wherein Mary came over herself when the caregiver called in for an emergency. She was right and she came and did a good job. She even helped my mom get a refrigerator. They really did their best to provide good care and I was very appreciative of that.

From Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL

Welcome to Home Helpers of Hinsdale, a state-licensed Home Services and Home Nursing agency whose only goal is to provide excellent home care for anyone in need of a little extra help.

Our company has earned and maintained an A+ Rating from the Home Care Standards Bureau. That means we go above and beyond state minimum requirements to find and train the very best caregivers for you or your loved one.

Our professionally trained, carefully selected caregivers serve clients in western Cook and eastern DuPage counties with expert, compassionate care, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Since 2005, we have cared for our clients as if they were our own family.

Photos of Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Ethics
  • Training Areas Extra: Bathing, Dressing, Nutrition And Hydration, How To Spot Signs Of Elder Abuse

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Veterans Benefits

Payment details

• Payroll Provided For Caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Bonded And Insured

• Licenses: Home Services (3000197) and Home Nursing (4000379)

Home Helpers Home Care - Hinsdale IL