Griswold Home Care | Greensboro, North Carolina

Contact Now

Reviews of Griswold Home Care | Greensboro, North Carolina

Caring110320150 August 14, 2015

So far, Griswold Home Care has been fine. The caregiver helps mom out, and they get along. She has been really helpful and does a good job.

BurlingtonInterview May 22, 2015

I interviewed this provider

I researched home care services online, sent a few emails out and Bruce was the first to respond, within 24 hours, and followed up with a phone call. He came out to meet me and my mother, who is under Hospice care, the very next morning. He was magnificent with my mother who gets very easily confused and off track. Bruce is a patient, gentle, and genuine man. We had settled on a plan and he left to find us a good match. Unfortunately, by the afternoon, my mother had changed her mind and we had to change our plan for her ongoing care. Bruce was gracious and even offered some resources outside of his own business. He was a class act from beginning to end. Once she is settled in her facility, we will use Bruce's team for visits and company for her. Looking forward to working with this group!

CandyM May 15, 2015

We wanted to write to thank you again for the exceptional care that you gave our father at the end of his life. Under your care he was able to enjoy a quality of life that he otherwise would not have experienced. Our entire family very deeply appreciates the effort and determination you put forth to make sure that his every comfort need was met. You went above and beyond any expectation that we had for his care and all of our lives were very positively impacted by your professionalism, dedication, and the care skills that you provided with excellence every day you were with him for 6 months.

In addition, the attention and personal care that you brought to our mother was another example of the superior qualities you exhibit as a caregiver. With your assistance, she was able to make it through this difficult and stressful period with minimal impact on her overall general health. Considering that she is a frail 87-year-old, this was a challenging task.

P & M's Children

Mary..K May 07, 2015

I would like to recommend Launa...without reservation. Launa took care of my 83 year-old father for the last eight months and she did an excellent job. Most importantly, she quickly figured out my father’s quirky personality and he genuinely enjoyed her company.

Launa’s duties ranged from running errands and driving my father to appointments to preparing meals, assisting with household chores and bill paying, and general companionship. She was very professional and punctual when working with my father. In addition, she was trustworthy and conscientious. When he was not doing well, she notified me (we do not live in the same state) and even offered to come extra days to make sure that he was eating.

Two months ago, my father fell and had to be taken to the hospital on a Saturday night via ambulance. Launa kept my sisters and I informed throughout the night and stayed with him until 2am when the hospital admitted him. This was certainly not required and we were deeply grateful that he was not in the emergency room alone. After his discharge, she continued to work for him, this time at a rehab center, keeping him company and making sure that his needs were met by the staff when we could not be there.

My father is now in an assisted living facility out of North Carolina and, unfortunately, Launa can no longer work with him.

Varerie.L May 05, 2015

I Thank God for Griswold Home Care and your Phenomenal Staff. I was searching for some needed short term assistance, to keep myself from becoming “burnt out”, as the main care provider for my Brother who has Parkinson, when I meet Mr. McReynolds. Bruce, your caring, compassionate ways and professional knowledge of helpful Resources & top notch Care Givers to help Seniors be able to remain in their own homes and to assist their family member care providers, was a “God Send” for my Brother & me.

You, Theresa and our assigned Care Giver Tira, were all awesomely wonderful to us when we needed you most.

Our assigned Care Giver, Tira, was an excellent match. She provided outstanding dependable, trustworthy, professional in-home care services and assistance. We found Tira to have a very pleasant personality, to be energetic & exhibit a caring, helping manner & positive joyful attitude.

I will forever sing your praises to all our Friends & Family, especially for how you go the extra mile, like helping us with the Pill Dispensing Machine Company, when the machine had a problem from a defect. You stayed with us that rainy day & coordinated everything with the company, including the return details, which was a tremendous de-stressor for me.

We now know who to call and count on as future needs arise.

With My Deepest Appreciation & Gratitude, Valerie L..

Myra2 August 12, 2014

I wanted to personally thank you and the members of your team for the excellent care and consistent support that you provided to my Mother Minnie. While I know that for some in this industry this is just a job, it was quite clear that for you and all those that you sent to my mother’s home this truly is a calling. She constantly gave praise about the personalized attention you gave to providing good CNA matches for her care. She looked forward to their visits assistance and honestly so did I and my siblings. It took gave us all a tremendous sense of ease just knowing that you and your team were just a phone call away. As discussed with you earlier, we have chosen to place my Mother in an assisted living facility here in Durham. She is actually thriving and doing well. And while she “loves” her new environment, the one thing she said was missing was the folks from Griswold Home Care. That said it all for me. Thank you again Bruce.

Caring82078050 December 31, 2013

I used Griswold Home Care for a couple of weeks and their services were great. As soon as I called them they had somebody to start the next day.

caring0003 June 25, 2013

I'm working with a caregiver from Griswold Home Care for my wife and everything is fine. They found somebody to match our needs very quickly and their service is very good. The caregiver is easy to work with and very good. Added to that, their price is fair.

Alice7 June 24, 2013

I was certainly pleased with all the services Griswold provided during my 5 weeks of home recovery for my broken ankle.

If I have to have more surgery I will certainly be back in touch. Both caregivers who worked with me were extremely helpful with housework, yard work and shopping. They did not waste a moment when they came to help. It is good to know that Gridwold is available.

Grundy M. May 08, 2013

My family was facing a situation where my mom needed extensive home care due to age and declining health. She very much wanted to spend her remaining time in her home and not an assisted living facility. We were at the point where we needed around the clock care. Finding full time live in care seemed like a huge task and responsibility. I was in the process of doing this on my own when I discovered Griswold Home Care. We had spoken to another agency about this and it was taking them an extensive amount of time to try to locate a viable candidate. I spoke with Bruce at Griswold and he took the concerns right off the table. He not only found someone quickly, he found someone at an extreme reasonable cost compared to others I had spoken with. He thoroughly investigated what our specific needs were and then found a way to match our requirements. He found us a live in caregiver that was exemplary. I could not have asked for a better caregiver for my mom. She took care of my mom in such a way that gave my mom as much possible independence as possible in her final months. During the entire time, Bruce was constantly following up to see how things were going and consistently answered all questions quickly and professionally. I would gladly recommend Griswold Home Care to anyone looking for in home care of any type for their loved ones. I was very grateful to Bruce and his agency for assisting us to help meet moms wishes during her last months.

Serena2 May 06, 2013

Griswold Home Care could not have been a better choice when my mother needed extra help while still at home. Bruce is such a caring person. He helped make emergency care arrangements for us when we needed help with that as well. My mother bonded especially with one caretaker that helped her until she had to move up to a skilled nursing facility. It eased my mind considerably to know that she had someone to interact with that she was familiar with and thought of as a friend. Griswold was a great choice for us.

Daughter of Frances October 30, 2012

I would like to take a moment to share my heart felt thanks to Griswold Home Care for providing two excellent caregivers for my Mother who has Alzheimers. It means so much to be able to go to sleep at night and go to work without worrying that Mom is Ok. Griswold i.e Bruce, Annette and Bobbie have been an answered prayer to my family. They are so gentle and kind to Mom and Bruce is so hands on with his clients. Thanks to them we are taking advantage of every moment we have with Mom and.I wish I could express how thankful I am. Griswold really is an agency that CARES

Michael S. October 19, 2012

I contacted Griswold Home Care to assist with my mother who was in need of some help after her unexpected surgery. We needed someone to be with her the next day. After doing a lot of checking around, I found them to be the most affordable, which was important since mom is on a fixed income. I was very impressed with prompt response and how concerned and helpful the caregiver was. She has gone above and beyond to help mom. Being out of state, I have appreciated Mr. McReynolds (the director) calling and giving me updates on how mom is doing. That has been a big relief. Thanks Griswold Home Care, you have been a blessing.

Dianne1 August 31, 2012

I've known Bruce for a long time. He really has a feeling for older people. He has always wanted to do this type of business. He was not just looking for any kind of business where he can make money. He specifically wanted to do this type of business.

I have a 95-year old mother and I had investigated some of the places before because I thought at one time I'm gonna have to have somebody come help her. I had moved in with my mother and my grandchildren and we were trying to take care of her together. So I had investigated a lot of agencies and it turns out that I didn't have to do that right now.

Before Bruce got into the business, I had been looking around and had been talking to other agencies. You sort of have a feel about it when you're talking to them whether they're just after the money or whether they're actually doing it to help. I know that people make money to live but It's kinda scary to turn your mother over to somebody that you don't know. I had a lot of experience with my sister in Charlotte. She had ALS and she's younger than me. I saw how good caregivers could be and have bad they could be. So I sort of know what I was talking about when I started investigating this. There are some really good caregivers out there. My sister has some wonderful caregivers before she passed away. She also had some that weren't so wonderful.

When I do need some help, I know I would definitely get it from Griswold Home Care because Bruce just has a feeling for elderly people and he wants to help them. Some people are not that way and Bruce is just different. That's why I would want to get help from his company because I know that he would make sure that my mother is being taking care of.

Stacie1 August 22, 2012

I honestly do not know what I would have done without Griswold Home Care. I had an emergency and was 3 hours away. I needed around the clock care for both parents. One in the hospital and one in assisted living. It was taken care of immediately and with wonderful women who are taking great care of my darling parents. I am able to do the things I need to do, knowing that they are safe and cared for. Bruce is also fantastic and stayed with my Mother in the hospital until I could make the trip. (At least 4 hours) He also bought flowers and her favorite candy. The girls also brought things for them to eat when they refused other food. They all have been a blessing in this very emotional and trying time. Thank you Griswols Home Care!!!!!

From Griswold Home Care

In 1982, Dr. Jean Griswold, a geriatric counselor started Griswold Home Care in her church in the local community outside Philadelphia with two goals in mind: to keep the cost of home care services affordable for the average family and to attract the most experienced, compassionate caregivers in the industry. Griswold today has more than 178 offices throughout the U.S.. In the past three decades, Griswold has received dozens of industry and community awards, and has grown to become one of the nations leading non-medical home care companies.

Griswold Home Care has helped more than 80,000 individuals and families throughout the United States, referring more than 9,000 caregivers in any given year.

Through our CareAssure Screening System™ only the most experienced caregivers are referred to your loved one. Our exclusive system focuses on understanding what families look for in a professional caregiver.

Whether you need help with personal care, companionship, or homemaking, contact us today for a free in-home needs assessment. We have experienced and certified caregivers ready to help on an hourly, overnight, or live-in basis.

The caregivers can provide PERSONAL CARE:

• Transfers and Ambulatory assistance
  • Feeding
  • Medication Reminders.

HOMEMAKING:

• Meal Planning (preparation and serving)
  • Light House Keeping
  • Laundry.

COMPANIONSHIP:

• Shopping and Errands
  • Social Events
  • Reading and more.

Our ValueCare Commitment™ focuses on the principle that our rates are affordable, and all-inclusive, meaning that you will not be charged for different levels of care. We provide special rates for overnight and 24/7 care with our 24/7 Live-In Program™.

With Our CarePairing System™ you'll receive a dedicated Care Coordinator assigned to each family and will work with you to determine the appropriate level of care and refer the best caregiver based on skill and personality. Our Care Coordinator will stay in touch with your loved one and the family to provide regular updates and feedback on care.

The need for home care is often unpredictable and immediate. With our QuickCare Placement™ commitment our Care Coordinator will complete a free, no-obligation home assessment the same day and refer the right caregiver within 24 hours.

Caring is our Profession and Compassion is our Passion

Griswold caregivers are experienced in:

Dementia, Alzheimer's™, Patient Transfers, Personal Care, Homemaking, Companionship, Family Communication

Our Simple and Affordable Rates: