Right at Home Northern Lake County

Contact Now

Reviews of Right at Home Northern Lake County

Godbold Family December 19, 2015

We highly recommend Right At Home! Jeff our caregiver has been a positive influence for our family member with autism. The company has been very flexible offering staff members on short notice to help during an emergency. Jeff has been very flexible and patient. It is a relief to know that our family member is receiving quality care that we would give ourselves. So if you are looking for a company that provides a feeling of security for your love ones, Right At Home in Grayslake is your place! We appreciate you!

Pat O.1 December 18, 2015

Very personal service. Always there to introduce their caregivers to my dad. Will help with veteran's benefits tool. Always a phone call away for any problems or concerns and tried very hard to rectify any issues.

John's daughter K November 11, 2015

My 90 dad's dementia is progressing, and more so since he has been suffering with an infection. I asked Mike if he could give me any ideas to help occupy him. He suggested a couple of ideas, one which has been amazing! He said to get some small towels or washcloths and to ask my dad to help me fold them. I asked the staff at the hospital for a stack of washcloths and much to my amazement (and theirs) he folded them neatly and stacked them for well over an hour. He actually enjoyed doing this activity and at the same time felt he was helping me. Mike also suggested bringing a deck of cards and asking my dad to sort them for my granddaughter by color or number. I will try this soon!

DH2 November 11, 2015

We are currently using Right at Home for my mom. They show up on time, and do their job very well. They help her with showering, do her laundry, cook meals, and clean her house. The only thing I can suggest that would be nice is just having one person come, but I think that would be impossible because she has had four different caregivers.

DRuesch October 23, 2015

I am a 70-year-old quadriplegic that requires some assistance with everyday activity. Right at home has given me a way to function at home, keep some dignity yet supply me with the assistance I require. I've had several people from right at home over the past months and all have been thoughtful efficient, punctual and caring. The scheduling has been painless and the administrative interaction has been professional. I would and have recommended this organization to anyone. Thanks to Mike, Laura and the rest, I am able to live a somewhat normal life.

Suzy... October 01, 2015

I interviewed this provider

I cannot give enough praise for how Right at Home helped our family. I felt I was going insane and I was wearing myself ragged trying to take care of my mother while my dad was having hip surgery and I was also trying to take care of my own family. ALL of these fine professionals at Right at Home are caring and dependable and have done an outstanding job helping us. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Nancy McGrath August 30, 2015

I can not begin to express my gratitude to the caretaker Jennifer. She knows just how to handle a person afflicted with dementia. Mike was so helpful guiding me to the right sources To get assistance. Right at home is a real class act!!!!!!! Gratefully, Nancy Benton

Ruth S. August 07, 2015

I want to tell you and your mother how much I appreciate how you changed my life. My husband has Parkinson's Disease and can no longer stand on his own. We are both 78 years old. Until recently I was his only caregiver and I was always tired.

Your mother told me that since my husband was a veteran, the VA would pay for a caregiver. You gave me all the information I needed to bring to the VA Hospital and now we have a caregiver for 12 hours a week. He comes five mornings a week and takes care of my husband. When he is here I go back to sleep for a few hours or I just get into bed and read a book and relax. I no longer am so tired.

Thank you so much!

bbf_112 July 09, 2015

My families situation started when my grandfather recently had hip surgery and was discharged from the hospital to a nursing home for rehab. During this time my grandfather was under pain medication that made him unsteady and prone to fall. He was doing great after the surgery but not aware to his surroundings and was not waiting for any nursing staff to assist him to the bathroom. My grandmother was very concerned about him falling and likely returning to the hosptial for more injuries. Long story short is that the staff at the nursing home was short staff, like anywhere that you go now a days but doing the very best with the employees that they had. While speaking to a charge nurse she had suggested to use Right at Home care services for an overnight sitting service to make sure my grandfather did not get out of bed and further injure himself. My grandfather was discharged around noon on a Friday from the hospital and placed into the nursing home about an hour later. With our families concerns about him falling I called at 330 on a Friday to Right at Home services speaking with Mike, the owner. He assured me and my family that they would be able to get someone out to the nursing home as soon as possible and they did with great care and professionalism. We ended up using Right at Home for the next five days at night to watch over my grandfather which took so much stress off our family. The staff that stayed with my grandfather were excellent and Mike the owner even stopped in that following Monday to meet my grandfather and family. They were even able to provide our family with an online journal kept by the staff at night watching my grandfather on the events that took place while under there care. We knew that we made the right choice by using his company and staff. I would recommed Right at Home to anyone needing any of the services that they provided!

Jerry K July 07, 2015

Thank you Mike and your staff for your care and professionalism in caring for my Mom. I cannot say enough about all the caregivers being outstanding. From the beginning with a care giver (Debbie) a couple days a week, through 24 hour hospice care, the staff was great.

SeniorAdvocateToo June 24, 2015

As my mother's dementia progressed, it became apparent that there was a need for a program to increase her engagement in everyday life. Right At Home provided caring, responsible people who brought out the best in my mom each day through enjoyable activities and conversation.

kidstein June 12, 2015

Mike with Right at Home has been very helpful in guidance for my parents.

jebrotter May 05, 2015

I interviewed this provider

Being from out of state I was unsure of how my grandparents would be cared for. I really hit the jackpot with Right at Home. Mike and his employees treat my family with care, respect, patience and honesty. I am relieved to have found Right at Home. They have bent over backwards to meet my family's needs and make life for my grandparents much easier. They accommodate our family very well especially when there are unexpected situations. They have never not been there for my grandparents. I am relieved to have found them. I would highly recommend them.

AmyHayden February 14, 2015

We selected Right at Home after my mothers needs changed following a stroke. The staff was always extremely kind, compassionate, and helpful. All of our concerns were addressed and any requests we made were met with a pleasant attitude. We did find that communication is critical, and when something is working or not working they will assist in every possible way to coordinate what is best for your needs and wants. We did have changing situations as my mothers needs changed and the level of care and personal interest we experienced were more than we could have hoped for. It makes everything easier to handle when you know the people caring for your loved one are not only meeting their physical needs but are invested on a personal level as well, and are committed to managing the care program with your loved one for their very best case scenario. We always felt like she was in the best possible situation we could arrange when we were with Right at Home. It was an ideal situation that allowed her to live at home for much longer than she would have been able to without them, until she finally needed to be moved to a skilled care nursing center. It was further joyful for her that the staff has some volunteer time and visits occasionally at her new residence. All things considered, with all the difficulties these challenges present, we were enormously pleased and much relieved to have this organization partnering with us as we made these transitions. Many thanks to Mike and his team

Sue89089350 December 04, 2014

Right at Home was so very helpful to me before my husband passed on. They had such good caretakers who were prompt filled with kindness and very willing to please both my husband and myself. If we needed anything all we had to do is ask and they were right there, filling that need. I got sick at one point and couldn’t take of my husband. They sent out people right away. We felt dearly loved and cared for. There was no waiting around. They found someone immediately who could take good care of both of us.

And again when we were sent someone that was not a good match for us, a replacement person was found right away.

We found all their workers were dependable and really wanted to do as much as they could for us, giving me time to go on errands and out to lunch with friends. When I would get home I found my husband well cared for and the house was always cleaner than I left it.

Mike went out and bought a bench for the bathtub for us, saving me time and energy. It just happened to be on sale saving us ½ the price. He also connected the hose which was difficult and I know I would not have been able to do that.

Mike has contact with many people that would provide us with other services we needed. He gave us a name of an advocate that has settled a claim for us with medicare and a hospital. He also gave us the name of a carpenter that put some guard rails up that we needed, and put in a way to go over a step with a wheel chair. This made it possible for my husband to sit on our deck a few times. The price for all this was right and we were pleased.

Also, Mike was there with a worker to help out at my husband “Celebration for Life.” They just could not do enough for us, and I am so very grateful.

I would highly recommend Right at Home to anyone. And I would certainly use them if I need this kind of help in the future.

GeoAnna September 15, 2014

What a relief to have the help we need! Mike and Jennifer are very professional and attentive. Their care givers are top notch! We couldn't be more pleased with the help that Debbie and Allyson have given us. Thanks so much for your help!!!

John and Pat, Ingelside September 01, 2014

Right At Home, Grayslake has been a Godsend for me!
I wasn't sure if I wanted to sign up at first but once I did I was put at ease. My husband and i had 3 different caregivers at different times from Right At Home. Aida, Shradha and Yadhira were exceptional, kind and personable and really made me feel Right At Home! My husband John felt comfortable as well.
John and Pat

in2aging July 18, 2014

As a Certified Geriatric Care Manager, I am very interested and selective regarding referral sources for my clients. I have worked closely with Mike and his team and have found them to be professional, ethical and offer person-centered care. I would not hesitate to refer my clients to them and do so with great confidence.

SallyS July 18, 2014

The right At Home Services are outstanding! The caregivers took most excellent care of my Mother.

Donna95549850 July 08, 2014

Wanda has been caring for my husband for the past 4 weeks and I would like to adopt her she is so kind and caring. My husband enjoys her so much both being in the military they have a lot in common.She is a hard worker and just takes over everything for me when she comes in enabling me to have a break to do other things . I am thankful for the VA setting this up for me

Frank's Full-time Caregiver July 02, 2014

I have the pleasure of having help from one of of Right at Home's providers, and just wanted others to know what a wonderful help this has been for myself and the gentleman I care for. Tony engages him in conversations and makes him laugh. I really think it helps that he is male because Frank seems to listen better to him and also he's just a big guy so he really has an effect on Frank.This has really made my life a little easier. Also nice that Tony and Frank have the military in common.Thanks to the VA for providing this service.

CarolynRagland June 20, 2014

When I first contacted Right at Home, it was a difficult time for my family. While both parents were in the hospital not only did Mike S. offer his companies services but he went above and beyond to make the transition of bringing them home to live with my husband and myself smoother. There were a lot of family dynamics in play and different factions didn’t feel bringing them home was the correct way to the point of full blown arguments.

Since they came home, the individualized care received has put them in a position to be in the mix of life again instead of surviving in a room staring at a white wall. My mother who had a severe stroke years ago and has spent months upon months in rehabilitation centers is beginning to talk again. The caregivers make sure to help them walk and get around and even the smallest of details such as sitting in a different chair has made a big difference in their mobility. It’s only been a week and a half, but I’m looking forward to seeing my parents awakening and enjoying every day of life again.

Dealing with a professional company has many benefits. If there is a caregiver that isn’t working all that well or is doing something that isn’t viewed as appropriate, it’s a simple phone call to Mike and everything is handled. Also, because of the great family divide, their website offers an area where the caregivers report their daily activities with my parents. This is a wonderful advantage for me, I don’t have to deal with a side of the family that is absolutely nasty every time you have to have a conversation. My brother and his wife can log in and see what’s happening and I don’t have to deal with either of them.

Many surgeries are performed as outpatient and you’re lucky not to get dumped on the curb on the way out of the hospital. What happens when your loved ones have to go back to work and how do you do deal with simple things like having to go to the washroom? I had my surgeon write a prescription and sent it to my Workman’s Compensation Attorney and now I also have help.

I would recommend Right at Home to anyone who has a loved one that needs some extra help. I particularly would recommend Mike S.’s facility located in Grayslake, Illinois. His dedication, empathy and desire to help those in need is exceptional.

Leigh Kac March 30, 2014

Nicole was beyond great. I was very apprehensive and the minute she showed up I knew everything would be fine. She was a very caring, professional and thorough. She took me to a medical appointment and was an extremely careful and excellent driver. Upon returning home she was more than willing to do anything else I needed. When I said I'd be fine she asked if I'd like her to go get anything or needed help getting situated as I'd just had a medical procedure. She was willing to stay until another person was able to be there (was coming shortly). She was also extremely trustworthy. It was evident in her behavior and attitude from the moment we met. I cannot say enough good things about her and the expedience with which I was able to obtain her services through this company. I will definitely be using this service again as I go through a difficult time with my health. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!.

Erika4 March 15, 2014

I needed help with changing beds, laundry, light housekeeping and errands when I got home from the hospital. Mike, (owner of Right at Home), introduced me to the perfect person for my needs. She was excellent and I would definitely recommend his company to anyone needing some type of home care.

karenhlav March 15, 2014

I would recommend Right at Home's Grayslake office to anyone seeking in home assistance for a loved one. My mom is being well taken care of and I can feel assured that Mike continues to make sure that she is receiving good care from her caregiver. Her caregiver is lively, prompt and caring. Recommendations are made to improve my mom's quality of life and feedback is solicited from both her and I. I am very happy with Right at Home.

Martha28 March 15, 2014

I want to express my appreciation for the service provided after my recent hospitalization. To those of us who need down time to regain our health and who do not want or need to go into a nursing home it was time to call Right at Home.

This firm covers many daily tasks, such as light housekeeping, shopping, and companionship during this period.

I certainly would recommend this firm to anyone who in the future may find themselves facing this same situation.

Sandy S1 March 12, 2014

Initially I called Right at Home to perform a non medical service to my father. Since that first call my father's condition greatly improved, no longer requiring that specific service. I called Mike on a Tuesday afternoon at 3:30 explaining my dad who was now living in an assisted living facility, was frustrated over not being able to perform some of his normal tasks at his computer. His computer has played an important role in his being comfortable in the new surroundings of assisted living. Mike not only was at my dad's apartment within less than two hours, but he also was successful in showing my dad exactly what the problem was , fixing it, and spending extra time just visiting with my dad.

My dad is 95 years old. He has lived with me for the past thirteen years, until he fell and broke his hip in June, and now gets around in a wheelchair. The stress I have been feeling over him living in assisted living is nearly gone, due to the fact that I know I can rely on Right at Home to be there to help him when I cannot.

Kim43 January 23, 2014

Right at Home Northern Lake County provides a great service! You can definitely tell they care. I would recommend them to my friends.

River01 December 30, 2013

I am in full support of This Home Care provider! Mike and his team provide quality interactions and services for the community he serves. As an Activity Director whom works, our facility has had the privalage of having mike as a volunteer. I see first hand his standards in interacting with residents, and can only assure that his standards for hiring staff will be of equal value.

Rmohle December 30, 2013

Michael is a pleasure to work with, on behalf of my mother, during a difficult life transition. The young ladies he assigned to stay and care for her were pleasant and attentive. When the assisted living, evening CNA's would come in her room, my mother would defer to the Right at Home ladies for her care. I take that as a "Real" reference for the service.

Sylvia.beardsley December 10, 2013

I find Mike and his staff incredibly responsive. Have used for three weeks and am VERY HAPPY

From Right at Home Northern Lake County

Right at Home provides in-home caregiving services for thousands of families across the nation. We offer companionship and help with everyday tasks that have become challenging for an aging person. This may include things like meal preparation, laundry, housekeeping, hygiene and grooming. We also offer services for those with special care situations caused by numerous medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Call us to learn more about the specific services we provide.

Custom Care Plan

From the moment you call, we begin considering the specific needs of your loved one. We ask questions during the initial call or meeting to form a basic needs assessment. After discussing your particular situation, we will prepare an initial Custom Care Plan and then work with you to fine tune that Care Plan based on your loved one’s specific needs. Once the plan is agreed upon, your local Right at Home team matches the right caregiver to implement the plan.

Caregiver Training and Care Supervision

Every Right at Home caregiver goes through an extensive interview process, including background checks. Once hired, caregivers are trained through Right at Home University to ensure that they’re able to deliver the care set out in your loved one’s Custom Care Plan. Before providing care, they’re bonded and insured.

Features of Right at Home Northern Lake County