Home Instead Senior Care - Galveston and Brazoria County

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Galveston and Brazoria County

based on 1 Review

From Home Instead Senior Care - Galveston and Brazoria County

Cara Delgado, LCSW - Owner

My inspiration to help seniors came from my personal experience with my grandmother. Many years ago when I was home from college my grandmother was visiting and had a heart attack. She stayed with my family an entire summer and I was her companion and CAREGiver while my mother worked. We played games, I drove her to get yarn for crocheting and helped prepare her meals. Fours years later, I obtained my Masters in Geriatric Social Work from the University of Missouri. I began my career in 1989 at the world renown Methodist Hospital located in the Texas Medical Center. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and have worked in health care and geriatric Social Work for over 20 years. My experience includes working in rehabilitation as the Director of Social Work and Case Management for The RehabCare Group, a national rehabilitation management company. I also have experience in long term acute care, hospice care, home health and business development. I am a member of the Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care, the National Association of Social Workers, the Houston Area Medical Social Work Association, the National Private Duty Association and I'm active in local Chambers of Commerce. Lastly, I am an approved member of the Alzheimer's Association's Speakers Bureau. I continue to work with and serve seniors in Galveston and Brazoria County as the Owner & Administrator of Home Instead Senior Care.

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Galveston and Brazoria County

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra Each Home Instead Senior Care&Reg Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra The Aging Process, How To Keep The Client And Care Giver℠ Safe, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details