Visiting Angels - Fredericksburg,Virginia

Overview of Ratings

4.1

October 18, 2017

By Judy H 541784

Visiting Angels makes a great difference in my brother's attitude because they are attentive to his needs. Visiting Angels makes my brother more comfortable and give me more time during the day.

October 18, 2017

By Anonymous 541757

Visiting Angels is easy to talk to so they are easy to work with. Visiting Angels makes my life better by taking care of my loved one so I can be free to do what I need to.

October 17, 2017

By Wanda R 541240

I would tell someone about Visiting Angels because the caregivers are caring. Visiting Angels has made life easier by allowing me to do things on the weekends that normally I could not do.

October 17, 2017

By Rae I 541132

My loved one really needed Visiting Angels, and I couldn't always be there. Visiting Angels gave me a lot of peace of mind.

October 16, 2017

By Thomas J 540801

I would recommend Visiting Angels because the service is wonderful, and the caregiver that comes here is always on time and does a wonderful job. The service makes our life a lot easier because I don't have to do the shopping, and I don't have to do very much of the cooking.

September 26, 2017

By Rosemary O 530105

I would tell someone that everything was satisfactory with Visiting Angels, that they were helpful and informative, and that I have nothing but good to say about them. The most helpful thing about the services was that someone was checking up on my uncle when we couldn't be there.

September 23, 2017

By Anonymous_528919

Visiting Angels is responsive to schedules. The caregivers have been doing a good job at assisting my loved one with their needs. They are very prompt and reliable.

By Nora N_528478

The first six visits, there were only two caregivers that were on time. The caregivers were late, and we couldn't find them. I had too many problems with the caregivers being late, not showing up, and one thing after another was terrible. Visiting Angels doesn't talk with each other to solve the problems occurring. Visiting Angels allows me to leave the house and take care of my husband.

By Charles A_528465

Visiting Angels was very good and very professional towards us. Visiting Angels always offered to do things for us, and was happy to do things for us.

By lvbm

Although I have a great caregiver, I am very disappointed in the scheduling staff who can not be relied on to find me a substitute when my usual caregiver has to take off. This week I was not even notified by the agency that my usual caregiver would not be coming on Friday. Instead, I was notified by the caregiver; and when I called Visiting Angels to find out who would be subbing, I was informed that since the leave for the usual caregiver hadn't been approved, she was expected to show up for work. Therefore, the agency had no intention of either letting me know or of finding a replacement. Fortunately, I was able to get someone through a different agency. This is the fourth time I have been left in the lurch by this company, so it is getting more and more obvious that the client doesn't come first here. They may be one of the least expensive agencies in the area, but in this case it might be true that you get what you pay for. I would no longer recommend the Fredericksburg, VA Visiting Angels franchise.

September 18, 2017

By Margaret B 525133

i would tell a friend that as far as I am concerned, Visiting Angels is very professional and things like that. I do not have to worry about my dad when they are here, and they call if there are any problems

September 15, 2017

By Robert M_524352

I don't respect Visiting Angels' business tactics. Visiting Angels has good caregivers, but their management is horrendous.

September 15, 2017

By Ray M_524336

I would tell someone that between Visiting Angels and the other company, it is a night and day difference in the care that my mom is getting. It is definitely worth looking into. One caregiver from Visiting Angels is really good with my mom and is able to help her a little more. She can take her to run errands and engages her with games and does her nails. Some of the other caregivers are just still learning a little bit. Overall, we are pretty happy with the care.

August 22, 2017

By Joann F_514479

I like having Visiting Angels because they are very helpful and knowledgeable. They listen to the client and his needs. I would recommend them. Having Visiting Angels has made my life easier because we had a horrible company before that was stressful to work with. Visiting Angels is easy going, easy to work with, and they actually send someone!

August 22, 2017

By Patricia R_514466

I would tell someone that Visiting Angels is reputable and caring and that they check out their clients to make sure that they are providing what is needed. The most helpful part of the services is that my caregiver is here and willing to do whatever I need her to do.

By Robert T_511589

Visiting Angels had great communication between themselves and the family. Visiting Angels would offer as much help as possible to the client. It allowed us to keep her home longer then we could have without Visiting Angels.

By Laurel M_511586

Visiting Angels has been fairly reliable. There have been a couple of instances where I sent an email and Visiting Angels did not acknowledge that they received the email. There have also been times where the caregiver couldn't make it, and Visiting Angels could not find a replacement caregiver. Visiting Angels needs to have more caregivers on staff that are willing to fill in. The services allow me to continue to work and get out of the house. The services allow me to not worry about my mother when I am not there.

By Kenney A_511579

The service from Visiting Angels is dependent on how comfortable you are with the caregiver in your home. The caregiver from Visiting Angels frees up my time while they are with my dad.

July 28, 2017

By Leaorna (_503451

Visiting Angels gives very good services because the caregiver is on time, and she does what I ask her to do. The services make my life easier so I don't have to do everything for the client myself. I can get out and do things that I wasn't able to do when I didn't have any help because my husband can't be left alone.

July 28, 2017

By David O_503448

Visiting Angels is prompt and business like. Visiting Angels does everything that I can't do.

July 27, 2017

By Kay L_502781

Visiting Angels can pay more attention to their clients. I finally got an extremely caring caregiver.

July 21, 2017

By Mildred L_499356

Visiting Angels was great. Visiting Angels was great, but my father has dementia and he was angry. It wasn't their fault. A few of the Visiting Angels weren't very good and I fired them, and we were later assigned to better caregivers. I don't know how to rate this.

July 21, 2017

By Norman B_499353

Visiting Angels is easy to work with because they sent different people into the home so that I could choose the best caregiver. I was able to run errands and do some little things outside the home and take care of personal business.

By Debra M_496942

Visiting Angels was very polite and kind. They all have their own ways of doing things, but they were all helpful and friendly for the most part. The services really didn't have any impact on my life.

By Kathy R_496707

Visiting Angels is just like any other company. The caregiver is good. They take care of my husband so I can go to work.

By Curt B_496706

Visiting Angels is professional, accommodating, and easy to work with when setting up finances. The services were helpful because there was no way my wife or I could get there to take my mother to the doctor.

By Mable W_496704

Visiting Angels was very compassionate in setting things up and getting started. They were very supportive when I needed more help, and they stepped up. Visiting Angels made my life easier by supporting the client, so I felt like I did not have to be at hand.

May 11, 2016

By Carol LetsonKCNXK

Excellent from beginning to end. They scheduled the same providers for the shifts covered. Not a different person each time. Care coordinator came by prior to start of service with pictures of companions. They always called if there would be a change or if there was a problem. Always reliable and professional.

April 13, 2014

By njhale

These ladies are simply amazing. From the first time I went in to set up initial care, through the bazillion schedule changes and last minute shifts, they have always made me feel like my grandfather was the most important person to them. I am always confident that a clean and well trained caregiver will arrive on time. I never worry if "everything is alright" while I'm in classes which is a huge relief. The care givers thoroughly engage with my grandfather, and even go so far as play "brain games" on the tablet with him or help him with crossword puzzles to keep his mind active. I can not recommend this agency enough.

May 29, 2013

By Nikki7

I chose Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services because I decided to go to a more kind of known provider but it did not turn out very well. I discussed with them that I really needed help with the housework because I could not do my normal stuff. They had a girl come in but I only had her for three days because it just didn't work for me. I actually liked the girl. She was really nice but it turned out that if was her first day of work and she was anxious. They told me if I could have her for a day to learn and I said no. I told them to find someone else and they did. My recommendation is that they don't send someone who has just started working on the field to a client that needs some help or maybe they could tag alone someone else to teach her. The wonderful thing about Visiting Angels is that they do have a nurse that comes to check you out and she was wonderful. She was so nice and she was the one shining star in that group. I really felt good about her.

December 12, 2012

By CathyW

Visiting Angels took care of my Mother. As with any place finding the right fit is very important. We had a beautiful spirited woman named India who took care of my Mother. My Mom was dying of Alzheimers and was near the end stages. She was gentle and kind and called her Mama. She teased and made he smile.She was very through. When my Mama passed India came to the funeral. She was there for the whole family. While she was a great experience on days she could not come we did have a few caregivers who were inexperienced and lacked caring. We had one walk out when I asked her to get her out of bed. We had another tell family members my Mom was not near death as Hospice and I had told her. She also side swiped my other in while feeding her which was a very humiliating way to fed someone losing what little dignity my Mom had. I did issue my complaints. My most important tip is to have someone check up consistently on home caregivers. We had experienced very bad troubles with Comfort Keepers and they were hiring people who were very inexperienced and did not speak englsh. We had one very fine woman named Carolyn from there and she was a delight and my Mom in earlier stages looked forward to her daily visits. There are some horror stories of others from that company however.

From Visiting Angels - Fredericksburg,Virginia

WE CARE EVERY DAY IN EVERY WAY

Rest Assured! Visiting Angels Are At Your Door!

Visiting Angels provides seniors and adults with the needed assistance to continue living at home. With our local agency in your community and hundreds of Visiting Angels agencies across America, our mission is to maintain the independence and familiar surroundings for those in need of care.

Select Your Caregiver

You'll have the opportunity to interview and make the final decision on selecting any caregiver we refer to you, before care beings. We pride ourselves in matching the needs of your loved-one with the experience of our caregivers.

Our Angels Have Earned Their Wings

Visiting Angels only hires experienced caregivers. Our independently operated homecare agencies are trained to run the most comprehensive background screenings in the industry on every caregiver, including State, County, and Federal searches. For this reason, "Peace of Mind" has become synonymous with the Visiting Angels name.

We're All About Relationships

The families we care for aren't just clients to us. We provide services to many of our families for years because we work hard to establish lasting relationships with them. Like family, we're always here for you!

• A personalized care plan to suit your needs
  • Complimentary, no obligation introductory home visit
  • Relationships that stand the test of time
We Return Calls After Hours Within Fifteen Minutes!

We know how frustrating it can be to leave a voice message and hope for a timely return call. That's why we return calls within 15 minutes.

• Available 24 hours/7days
  • Assisted living facility care
  • Up to 24 hour care in your home
  • Immediate assistance upon discharge

We know you have questions and concerns. Visiting Angels has solutions. We're here for YOU!

America's Choice in Homecare

Visiting Angels franchised homecare agencies have served hundreds of thousands of families in their homes across the nation. Visiting Angels is the most recognized and respected name in senior home care. We are "America's Choice in Homecare!"

• Affordable care/ Professional care
  • More than just senior care
  • We're locally owned
  • Flexible Hourly Care
  • Respite Care for Families
  • Live-in Care
Contact Us

If you would like to set up an in home visit without any obligation or commitment, or just talk with our Visiting Angels Staff, please give us a call. We will be happy to answer any questions you might have. We understand that this is a very important decision and that you need to have all your questions answered.

Photos of Visiting Angels - Fredericksburg,Virginia