Home Instead Senior Care - Fredericksburg, VA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Fredericksburg, VA

Bryn Pavek February 26, 2016

Hi Roberta, Please give the enclosed to Briana and Esther. I am grateful to each of them and they were both kind, attentive and personable. They gave Chris a much needed break! And took excellent care of me! Take care, Bryn.

Fred N. December 18, 2015

Everything is going great. Thank you!

Alirose December 11, 2015

We have been using a personal care assistant from Home Instead. We chose them primarily because when my mother first came home, she required some overnight care, and they provide 24/7 coverage. Debra, the caregiver, is efficient. Things are neat, and my mother seems to have a rapport with her.

L.B. Kline September 30, 2015

The staff is consistently prompt and professional. My family has bonded with our caregiver and she is a perfect match. She is comforting, professional and proactive. We love her!

Nancy Biddle August 31, 2015

I have nothing to compare my services to and that is the reason why I gave 3 stars. Our services has been good so far and nothing negative to report.

Mary114676550 July 30, 2015

My dad and I wanted to let you know that we had a very positive experience with you, your office staff, and especially with the home care services he received from your caregiver, on 6/22/15.

We wanted to thank you, let you know what good care the caregiver provided, and also thank her for the wonderful introduction to home care that my dad had. This was the first time that we needed help from someone outside of the family, and he was a little reluctant to receive care from a home care provider. It was so important that my dad received professional care, and that his first experience was such a good one.

These are some of the things that my dad said: The caregiver was very prompt and arrived on time to pick him up, and they arrived to his appointment on time. She had very good driving skills, the car was comfortable, and he could get in and out of it without difficulty. She knew just what to do, was focused on her job, and she did her job very well. She minimized walking distances; took him right to the front door, and picked him up right at the front door, of the hospital; got a wheelchair for him; accompanied him to check in and the hospital room; assisted him to get prepared for surgery; made sure he was comfortable. She spoke clearly, loudly, and slowly, so he could understand her (he is hard of hearing). She was professional, knowledgeable, patient, responsible, and he felt comfortable with her. Please let her know how much we both appreciated her.

We also appreciated that your office was patient with us while we waited for a last minute doctor's approval for the surgery that had already been scheduled, and that you stood by waiting with us for the outcome of the doctor's decision and actual surgery date for the care services and transportation that we needed.

Stewart-Fredericksburg February 23, 2015

Home Instead and all their Caregivers we have had have been wonderul. Currently Cindy is caring for my father-in-law and she is doing a wonderful job. He can't wait for her to arrive and make him breakfast. Unfortunately with his demetia there are many days that this is the highlight for him. While he doesn't always remember things, he can't wait for breakfast. Cindy has been a blessing to us, and been there when we needed extra hours because of other family needs. Home Instead has accomodated our needs and provided additional help when necessary. I would (and do) recommend them to anyone in need of care for a family member.

Terry34 August 18, 2014

I want to thank Roberta of Home Instead for the picture of Mom in happier times with Joanne. I can't begin to express my appreciation for the wonderful care that my Mom received from your organization in our time of need. We would never have been able to keep Mom in her home without your help. She was happy as she could possibly be. I am so grateful to you and your staff for the assistance in her care. I think of Charlene often and would love to hear that she is well. I hope things will continue to go well for you and you employees.

Caring62423650 December 27, 2013

We had Home Instead for our loved one. Their services were satisfactory. Their caregiver's attitude was also satisfactory. They would do what you tell them.

Nancy80124750 November 28, 2013

This note is to thank you and the staff at Home Instead for the wonderful care my sister Jan received during her illness. The staff and caregivers are well suited for their positions.

I was blessed to spend 2 weeks with Jan and worked with ther caregiver. I can't tell you what a treasure she was for me and her daughter. In many ways she was able to give Jan compassionate and caring help when we were at a loss as to how to reach out to her.

I will be in DaBora's dent for helping Jan move through her time in Fredericksburg with grace.

Deanna1 October 30, 2013

On August 27, 2013 Jamie was our caregiver for my husband Rich. However, I became quite ill while away from home and when I did get home, Jamie was very attentive and caring to both me and my husband. She offered to stay an additional 2 hours. She fixed Rich his supper and brought me a drink and kept checking on me.

Jamie did wash, which I had not asked her to do and had everything in good order when she left.

Kay18 October 30, 2013

I want to express my sincere gratitude for the services provided by Home Instead through the primary caregiver and the rest of your staff.

You gave me peace of mind while I was unable to be with my Mom.

DaBora was truly a Godsend. She was with me at my mom's bedside at her passing.

I appreciate the practicality of your business as well as the compassion extended to mom and my family.

geneviev September 16, 2013

I interviewed this provider

Hi Roberta,

My husband would say that I am a pretty harsh critic and don't often give compliments but I had to write to tell you how IMPRESSED I am with you and your team. It started with you and our conversation and when I met Gloria and Karen at my mother's this week it continued. They are lovely compassionate professionals and I just had to write to tell you how impressed I was with them and the thoroughness of your organization. Well done! If we have a caregiver for our mother from you similar to Gloria or Karen that would definitely be the icing on the cake.

Truthfully September 02, 2013

I unfortunately cannot recommend Home Instead in Fredericksburg, VA. I feel that most of the caregivers are not adequately trained. Some of them do not follow directions. After having a second caregiver not show up or call, I terminated my relationship with the company. When you have a loved one that needs care, you need reliable people who respect how precious time is to you.

As the owner of the Home Instead Senior Care in Fredericksburg, VA, I am sorry to hear about your frustration. We work diligently to train our caregivers, and continue to evaluate and increase our CAREGivers’ training. After the scheduling error with your CAREGivers, our team looked at our procedures and adjusted them to ensure there are no scheduling issues going forward. I attempted to reach out to you, but was not able to connect. I hope you will call me at the office so we can try to earn your business again.

Nelson2 July 24, 2012

We found the right home caregivers for my parents. We are really impressed with their service with Home Instead Senior Care. I can't say enough great things about them. They are very responsive and very flexible. They can change their hours of service based on the needs of their clients. I would highly recommend them to others who are in need of good and quality service.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Fredericksburg, VA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Fredericksburg, VA

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address