Shepherd's Staff In-home Care

LinePocEocHcp cert

Reviews of Shepherd's Staff In-home Care

November 09, 2017

By Helen M_1

Shepherd's Staff is very competent and reliable. Shepherd's Staff has made a much better impact. There are a lot of things that I cannot do and they do those things for me.

September 16, 2016

By CD Carroll County

Shepard’s Staff provided quality care to my mom for several years as she went from relatively independent, to bedridden and dependent on others. Angela, the office staff, and all of the caregivers were professional, friendly, competent, and truly cared for my mom’s well-being. For my mom, cats are part of the family. My husband and I, the sole caregivers for my mom in our home, could not leave for the weekend if my mom wasn't cared for and if the cats weren't fed. Shephard’s Staff caregivers were willing to provide that extra assistance. With the support provided by Shephard’s Staff, my mom was able to stay at home until her passing. Without hesitation, I would recommend them.

February 29, 2016

By Cindy120552950

We have Shepherd's Staff for my mother-in-law. The owner met me for interview at my mother-in-law’s home. She makes sure that every staff interviews with the client. She was very good. They have very personalized service. My mother-in-law is pleased with the caregiver.

February 18, 2016

By JerryM

Overall, we have received excellent in-home care from Shepherd's Staff for several years now.

We are honored to help! Thanks for the review.

June 30, 2015

By mcbeth0927

We engaged the services of Shepherd's Staff for a brief time, following our father's discharge from a rehab facility after he had broken his hip. Our dad is very independent, so this was a difficult situation for him to have to adjust to (having someone do most things for him, needing supervision, etc, to maintain his safety). The staff member, William, was sensitive to this. While we did not require the services of Shepherd's Staff for very long (less than 10 occasions), our dad was well-treated, we felt that his safety was maintained as he gained back his strength, and that the agency ensured that someone trust-worthy was there to assist him. We hope that the need to use these services doesn't present again, but we would feel very comfortable selecting Shepherd's Staff again should the need arise. Thank you, Angela, for your assistance; we appreciate the quality!

June 03, 2015

By petew

When our aging Mother needed additional assistance, the family interviewed 3 different help services. We chose Shepherd’s Staff because their values most aligned with ours. That decision was over 2 years ago and we’ve been so pleased ever since. Each caregiver Mom has had has been specially selected by Shepherd’s Staff to best match her personality, values, and needs. Each one has treated Mom as a VIP with emphasis on the P. She feels valued as a person with individual interests, needs and changing moods. Whenever the family has requested special attention for her or an adjustment to the way services are delivered, the gracious, accommodating response made us feel they really do care. Every staff member relates to her professionally as well as being a friend. On more than one occasion, the staff has gone out of their way to stop in her room just to say ‘hi’ when they were in the area. They have come to special family events just to be part of the festivities. Angela and Becky, have been amazing. They’ve been such a part of her life and brought her such joy.

We try to hire only caregivers who share our view that every human life is of inestimable value, regardless of age or ability. Respect for human dignity is our number one company value. We are glad to know that our caregivers are showing that respect to our clients!

May 11, 2015

By Ohio Client

Shepherd’s Staff caregivers have been helping my mom for over two years – with the present caregiver helping for about a year. My mom is quite elderly, hard of hearing, and losing her eyesight. The current caregiver is exceedingly kind to my mom and we are most grateful to have her services. The caregiver takes mom shopping and helps with light housekeeping such as laundry, dishes, and cleaning. But mostly she is someone we trust to keep another eye on my mom and do some of the things we are unable to do for her because we live too far away. We have been most satisfied with Shepherd Staff.

October 23, 2014

By Connie Parsons

i used Shepherds Staff when my 89 year old mother, who had Alzheimer's, came to live with us. The caregivers were so kind to my mother. I felt very comfortable leaving the house, knowing that my mom was in good hands. The scheduler tries to keep the same caregiver coming to the house so there is continuity of care. I went away on vacation with my family in the summer for five days, and the lady who was caregiver for my mom stayed at my house during that time. She cared for Mom as If she were a part of her family, taking her to the firehall for dinner one evening, to the store and bought her a pair of pants, cooked meals for her, kept her clean and even cleaned my house! I was worried that my mom would have a difficult time bein separated from us, but because of the caregiver's wonderful care, she did fine and enjoyed the company! I highly recommend Shepherd's Staff for in home care.

From Shepherd's Staff In-home Care

The Care Your Elderly Loved One Deserves

Compassionate Senior Care in Frederick, Carroll, and Washington County

Shepherd’s Staff In-home Care helps older people remain safely in their own homes by providing trained companion care aides who can help with:

• Housekeeping chores
  • Planning and preparing nutritious meals
  • Driving to appointments and other incidental transportation
  • Caring companionship
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal care, and medications

What sets us apart?

Low turnover. We hire the best caregivers and treat them right. Almost 30 percent of our caregivers have been with us a year or more and 60 percent have been with us at least six months.

Consistency. Regular clients will be assigned a regular caregivers, to ensure familiarity and continuity of care. You’ll always know ahead of time if someone other than the regular caregiver is coming.

Training. Every caregiver receives six hours of comprehensive training before being assigned to a client. Through our exclusive Certified Companion Aide® program, our caregivers increase their knowledge and adhere to the highest standards of caregiver professionalism.

We’re local

Shepherd’s Staff In-home Care is owned and operated by John and Angela Martin, 35-year residents of Frederick County, who launched the business in 2011. Caring for Angela’s mother, who had 10 years’ of decline before her death in 2008, showed them how difficult it is to find a good, reliable caregiver. “We want to provide others with the kind of care we feel every senior deserves,” Angela says. “We love this community and want to give back to it, by making life here better for the older men and women who live here.”

We have high standards

We look for motivated caregivers who are committed to our core values, and provide regular training and mentoring to ensure they understand and practice:

• Respect — for the inherent dignity of every client
  • Compassion — treating clients with care and concern
  • Responsibility — arriving on time and completing all tasks reliably
  • Integrity — being trustworthy and honest
  • Professionalism — representing the company well and receiving ongoing training

Licensed as a Residential Service Agency by the State of Maryland Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene. Lic. No. R3661.

Payment Options: