Right at Home Northern Virginia

Contact Now

EocHcp_cert

Reviews of Right at Home Northern Virginia

Peg B_513582 August 18, 2017

We have no problem recommending Right at Home because the person that they provided does the job and whenever we have any issues they keep us appraised with them so that we are made aware of problems in advance, and they have very professional service. I am the primary caregiver for my wife so it was a great relief for me that they had different people who knew what they were doing. Almost everyone they sent over was up to speed on her care as well so that was nice.

Diane G_513308 August 17, 2017

Right at Home's caregivers need to show up on time, communicate, follow up, and do what they say they will do. Right at Home needed to communicate more and follow up more.

Mary S_512520 August 16, 2017

The caregiver we have from Right at Home is excellent and the fill ins have been good so far when she's not there. Right at Home provides a help I need and couldn't do without.

Vincent N_512511 August 16, 2017

I would tell a friend that Right at Home is a good company. Right at Home has helped me be able to get around and get up in the morning.

Christine G_511063 August 14, 2017

I would tell a friend that Right at Home will do their best to meet the needs of the client. Right at Home has helped the most with mobility and daily functions.

Penny L_511001 August 14, 2017

Right at Home needs to match the caregivers better with the client and his needs. Right at Home makes my life easier by allowing me to not have to worry every minute. They ensure that the client is safe at all times.

Sandy W_504108 July 31, 2017

I would tell a friend Right at Home is very reliable and does the best they can. Right at Home made life easier for me after surgery, but there wasn't much impact other than that.

Seena A_504058 July 31, 2017

Right at Home could not find a worker for me, and the caregiver they gave me was terrible and was never on time. Right at Home never was able to deliver a caregiver. There was not an impact. I would not recommend this caregiver. She seemed pretty nonchalant and did not care about anything.

Penny L_503348 July 28, 2017

Right at Home's office staff is excellent and acts in a timely manner. Right at Home provides safety for the client. They give me peace of mind that the client is safe.

Sue S_502884 July 27, 2017

I think that Right at Home has been very responsible and well cared for my father-in-law where he lives. Everyday, Right at Home provides custodial care and transportation for my father-in-law.

Ardrena B_502434 July 27, 2017

Right at Home has ups and downs, like any other company. They help assist you when you need them, but it is hard to get consistency in caregivers. Right at Home helps with every-day things because every day is a struggle. They provide good help.

Donna K_499278 July 21, 2017

I would never recommend Right at Home because they provided bad service. The caregivers wouldn't do the work asked of them.

Mary Lou K_499275 July 21, 2017

At the beginning with Right at Home, we had a hard time getting a permanent person. Since we have gotten our regular caregiver, she is very good and knows what to do, so things are better. I had a stroke, so my right side is incapacitated, so the caregiver helps me shower, get things, and make my breakfast.

Carla "_499268 July 21, 2017

I have been very pleased with the people that I have met, and if I have any issue, the case manager promptly responds to the issue. I get the response either by phone, or the case manager will show up if need be. I was told that I had to get the care company because it was mandated for my mother to stay in her apartment, and I don't have a complaint about getting Right at Home.

Amanda J_499249 July 21, 2017

I'd tell people that Right at Home was responsive, and I liked the caregiver that they sent. The services from Right at Home helped the most by giving me a break. The caregiver was fabulous.

Howard K_495492 July 13, 2017

Right at Home is a very interesting service. The caregivers were nice and very willing to work with me. The services from Right at Home were very convenient because they helped me out when needed.

Walter B_495491 July 13, 2017

The service I'm getting from Right at Home meets my needs, which is the only thing I'm concerned about. The services meet my needs and my caregivers are helping me recover from my injuries.

Mark K_495472 July 13, 2017

Right at Home is a good company, and they do what they are told. The services have helped me and I can't get along without them. They do housekeeping for me.

Mary Ann L_494840 July 12, 2017

Right at Home is dependable and they have nice people. They know what they are doing and are interested in their clients. Right at Home drives me places and helps me in the house.

Joseph D_494828 July 12, 2017

Right at Home sent a couple of caregivers who were too far away. They worked with us to get a perfect match. Right at Home helps me with my physical conditions. The VA helps me get my services.

Kristen R_490825 June 30, 2017

I would tell someone that our main caregiver from Right at Home doesn't have to be told to do anything, that she is energetic, that she wants to help, and that she is not lazy.

Gwen L_490274 June 29, 2017

Right at Home did not follow through on the things that we were told would be done by the caregivers.

Barbara T_489800 June 28, 2017

We did not have any problems with Right at Home. Everything was good.

Jay S_488770 June 26, 2017

I would tell a friend that Right at Home's caregivers are all pretty nice.

Robert C_486103 June 21, 2017

Right at Home is good and responsive.

Corine S_486095 June 21, 2017

Right at Home is pretty good, but they weren't perfect. I would encourage a friend to at least reach out to other agencies and shop around.

Robin B_483377 June 15, 2017

I would tell a friend that Right at Home has provided us with good, responsible caregivers.

Stephan D_482196 June 13, 2017

Right at Home is a good company if you need someone to look after a family member.

Chris F_482076 June 12, 2017

Right at Home provided good services for the client. The quality of service really depends on the person they send out.

Patricia Q_476385 May 26, 2017

Right at Home was recognized by the VA, which helped in the expense of having them. For the most part, the caregivers were well trained.

John C_476175 May 26, 2017

Right at Home comes when they are scheduled and they get me to the restaurants that I want to eat at.

Clare M_474079 May 22, 2017

I would tell people that Right at Home has been fairly prompt but we have had a lot of drop outs.

Jacqueline M_474074 May 22, 2017

I had a lot of complaints with Right at Home. Right at Home said that my loved one needed two caregivers, not one. He needed more assistance. We used them because they were through the military.

Anisa P_470455 May 15, 2017

The way that Right at Home handled the situation wasn't okay. The only way I was able to reach Right at Home was through email, and I was told that my husband would get someone for six hours when he had appointments and three hours when he didn't have appointments to provide him with help him at home. The caregivers didn't own up to their mistakes, either.
Dear Anisa, thank you for your feedback. It is our intention to utilize whatever the communication method is that is preferred by our valued clients and their families. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, over the phone, through e-mail, and even text messaging systems. Unfortunately there was confusion between your husband and our caregiver regarding the expectations of service and the required schedule. It is imperative that all schedule changes involve our office so we may manage the situation appropriately, and not just between a client and the caregiver. We have spoken with our caregiver and have reviewed our company policy regarding schedule changes and shift documentation. We hope that by taking these steps, all parties involved are able to work together, with open communication, to accomplish our mission of improving the quality of life for those we serve. Right at Home is Northern Virginia’s trusted in home care partner.

Delores W_469738 May 12, 2017

When we first started out with Right at Home, we kept getting different caregivers. The caregiver we have now is a ten. At the beginning I would have rated Right at Home a five, though.

Donna D_469644 May 12, 2017

Right at Home's caregivers were very thoughtful and considerate. They took the client's interests and needs very seriously.

Diane B_469630 May 12, 2017

Right at Home needs to improve communication in regards to scheduling.

Greg C_469628 May 12, 2017

I would not recommend Right at Home because one of the CNAs backed into our mailbox, and because of the lack of continuity with the service.
Hi Greg, thank you for your comments and bringing this issue to our attention. In order to ensure our caregivers are safe drivers we require all caregivers have a valid driver’s license, they must have their own vehicle, we also run driving record checks annually, and perform a car safety evaluation prior to a caregiver driving a client in their own car. With that said, we understand accidents can happen. We take responsibility for our caregivers’ actions and will work with you to find a resolution to this issue.

James K_469623 May 12, 2017

Right at Home's caregivers are very polite, they are doing very well, and the people there are very courteous.

Wayne C April 27, 2017

Right at Home has freed up time for my family to get other things done.

Kirsten M April 27, 2017

I thought that no one could help my dad because he was nonverbal, so having someone come in and learn things about my dad and be so kind made all the difference in giving my sister and I a break when my dad was in his final weeks of life.

Vicky W April 27, 2017

Right at Home cared for the client until I could get there.

Joan B April 27, 2017

Right at Home has made a big difference because they provide professional care I can trust.

Joe H April 26, 2017

The services allow me to have a break to run to the store or to get housework done and not having to worry about him wondering the house or harming himself.

Rolana B April 26, 2017

My husband really liked his caregiver and adjusted well to her.

James C April 26, 2017

Right at Home has freed up my time.

Connie H April 25, 2017

The caregivers were there at night to make sure that my mom did not fall. The services allowed me to not have to be there 24/7.

Mercedes L April 25, 2017

Right at Home has made life easier for me because I know that there will be someone looking after my husband if I cannot be there.

Daniel R April 20, 2017

The services gave me peace of mind that my mom was being helped with transitions and toileting needs.

Bruce B April 20, 2017

Right at Home is able to take good care of Milton which takes a lot of pressure off of me.

Louise S April 18, 2017

Right at Home helps the client with all kinds of personal tasks and that makes my life easier.

Gene D April 18, 2017

Right at Home has a mediocre effect on my life, but I don't know how they can improve.

Veronica D April 18, 2017

The caregivers from Right at Home work with us very well.

Cynthia G April 10, 2017

We have had a couple of instances where Right at Home calls us and tells us that the caregiver wouldn't be able to come, but didn't have any substitutes. Right at Home hasn't been as responsive as I think that they would be in sending a back-up caregiver for the client.

Dorothy B March 22, 2017

Right at Home is willing to do anything that I need and they don't seem to be perturbed when I ask them to do things, they just do it.

Mary A March 21, 2017

The services were just what we needed.

Donald L March 21, 2017

Right at Home has made me feel secure and that my parents are in good hands.

Crystal T March 21, 2017

I needed to get back to work and know that my father was taken care of, and Right at Home helped me to do that.

Mary G March 20, 2017

Right at Home was reliable and they had skillful staff. The people I spoke with were accommodating to my needs.

Jackie B March 15, 2017

The services give me a chance to do things on my own, and I know that my husband is being taken care of.

Steve S March 15, 2017

Right at Home has a head nurse that comes to see us. She is meant to find out how we are getting along and whether or not there are any sort of issues with the aide. The head nurse is very nice, and we enjoy seeing her. It gives us a lot of confidence in the health care getting.

Hilde D March 15, 2017

We certainly needed help. I had some peace of mind.

Terry Lee M March 13, 2017

The services made me feel much better and relieved.

Linda E March 13, 2017

The impact of the services was pretty non-existent. They would ask if he took his medication. They wouldn't take him for a walk. Sometimes when asked to do chores, they complained.
Hi Linda, thank you for your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the care we provide. Prior to services starting, our nurse completes a client assessment and creates a custom care plan which outlines what the client’s needs are, how often they need assistance with that task, and at what level they need assistance. Our goal is to include any and all family members in that conversation so that we gain an accurate understanding of everyone’s expectations and can communicate the requirements of care to our caregiver. Our number one priority is the safety and care of our valued clients. Our services include but are not limited to medication reminders, light housekeeping, and mobility assistance.

Donald R March 13, 2017

The caregivers are pretty reliable, and they are good help. One of the caregivers is outstanding, but there have been many that didn't know how to prepare a meal.

Vincent N February 27, 2017

When we actually get a caregiver, it's a positive impact. When Right at Home doesn't send anyone, it is frustrating.
Hi Vincent, thank you for your comments as we understand the need for having consistent staffing and caregiver availability. Our goal is to always have a caregiver to cover your care needs or if we are unable to find coverage, we will notify you with ample time to find an alternative solution. Our mission at Right at Home of Northern Virginia is to improve the quality of life for those we serve.

Carmen L February 27, 2017

Right at Home helped me take care of housecleaning and preparing meals.
Hi Carmen, thank you for your feedback on the care we provided. Our services include but are not limited to light housekeeping and meal preparation so we hope you utilized all services available to you during the time we provided care. If you ever find that you need our services again, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Right at Home is your trusted in home care provider in Northern Virginia.

Edith K February 27, 2017

The services help because I don't like being by myself. Right at Home provides companionship for me.

Ann K February 27, 2017

Right at Home made it easier for me because I didn't have to do it all for my husband.

Anonymous February 24, 2017

The greatest impact Right at Home has had on my life is that I have peace of mind.

Thomas201758 February 18, 2017

Having Parisa come to the house has been great. Right at Home has been most helpful.

Rick T February 16, 2017

Right at Home gives me acquitted care.

Sharon S February 16, 2017

I would tell others that Right at Home's management and customer service are good, but the quality of caregivers varied greatly.

Cynthia G February 16, 2017

The caregivers that have worked with my parents from Right at Home have been great. The caregivers are there to care for my father since my mother is not able to care for him on her own.

Darrell N February 16, 2017

I had someone I could trust to take care of my mom.

Jean W February 13, 2017

The services make the quality of life better for me, and I don't have to be alone.

Alberta W February 13, 2017

The caregiver helps my husband to get dressed sometimes and she encourages Grant to drink his fluids.

Jerome M February 13, 2017

The services have great impact on my ability to relax and focus on other things.

Robert75749950 September 18, 2013

Their caregivers are very good. The one we have been using for the last 6 months is excellent (Barbara). We continue to appreciate her help which is twice a week and four hours per visit. The office help is very efficient. Care managers are always available. Their director of nursing has been helpful to us.

William14 September 18, 2013

The current caregiver is 5 stars. But in the past, some of the caregivers were less. Some are even down to 1 star. Things are great now. Thank you!

Relieved daughter with Father Suffering from Alzheimer's August 13, 2013

When I called Right at Home to inquire about care for my father with Alzheimer's need for home care, they came out the next day and met with my mother and me. We tried other home care agencies and it was awful. The people were 45 minutes late and did absolutely nothing. Now we have Right at Home and we have actually found a care taker who can get my dad to shower!!! What a relief for my mother and me! He is a nursing student and takes his job very seriously, but is a delight to have around the home! Their administration is organized and follows up when asked for insurance etc. We love the agency!

Martin3 August 14, 2012

We've done a lot of research for a nursing home for my wife. As of the moment we got her a home caregiver and we're quite satisfied, so we're just holding. Cathy M. is the name of my wife's caregiver. It took only about a week for us to find the right caregiver. We did not wait very long. It's only about 2 months now since we got her caregiver. So far so good. Basically, I think Cathy is a good match caregiver for my wife. She's a wonderful match.

From Right at Home Northern Virginia