Heart & Home Senior Care | Ellington, CT

Contact Now

Reviews of Heart & Home Senior Care | Ellington, CT

From Heart & Home Senior Care

I started Heart and Home Senior Care in November 2015 after working as a caregiver for another agency for eight months. I was not satisfied with the pay, or with the way business was handled. I felt I could do much better, so that is exactly what I'm doing. We are brand new. I am the owner and I've always felt a connection with the elderly. I cared for my mother who is 98yrs young and I believe she flourished under my care. I am also a licensed Clinical Pharmacist which is why I can provide medication counseling.

So far we have two very knowledgeable and compassionate caregivers, myself, and a licensed Massage Therapist who will bring his table to the client's home. I felt this would be beneficial to clients and their families. My first priority in hiring employees is that they are passionate about spending time with, and caring for the elderly. I require all my employees to attend continuing education classes. We do not do overnight or live-in caregiving yet, but as my business grows this will certainly be an additional option.

Features of Heart & Home Senior Care

Rates

• Rate for overnight care: $14/hour
  • Rate for hourly care: $18/hour
  • Rate for live-in care: $240/day

• Licenses: HOMEMAKER COMPANION AGENCY registration #HCA.0001075

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants
  • In-home health care
  • Range of services extra: Housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, refrigerator checks for outdated food, transportation, pet care, medication counseling with an RPh and massage therapy.

Types of care

• Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping
  • Memory care
  • Companionship
  • Meal preparation
  • Errands & grocery shopping

• We do not have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require fingerprint-based background check
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Patient Transfers
  • Stress Management
  • Memory Care
  • Training areas extra: Obtain CNA license, First Aid, certified Caregiving, Basic Life Support for healthcare providers

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Credit card
  • Check

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address