Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

PLydon December 16, 2016

In December of 2012, my mom had a fall and it started a four year decline. At the suggestion of a friend, I called Home Instead and we arranged for part-time assistance for my mom. We worked with Angie McCullough at Home Instead and we were very lucky. She immediately assigned a wonderful lady, Maria, to stay with my mom for a few hours on weekdays. She was with us for about 8 months. Then Beatrix joined us and she took over mom's care for about a year. After that, we needed more extensive care - nights and weekends. We started having 24 hour care for mom and Angie found us a wonderful group of caregivers who were with my mom for two years until she passed away last month. They were all professional and wonderfully loving and patient with her. The primary caregiver, Elyse, who lived with my mom 4 days a week, coordinated her care with the other caregivers (Ella, Ewa and Lati) so they were all always on the same page. She didn't hesitate to try new things to help my mom and she always kept her laughing. They made her last years filled with friendship and laughter. I cannot say enough. We were truly blessed

LucilleM120 December 15, 2016

My relationship with Home Instead has been excellent. I very much enjoy Diane, we have a lot in common. For years now, we’ve never had a caregiver we didn’t like. I was just talking about that the other day in my community. Now that my husband passed away, my caregiver is like a good friend. I also enjoy my relationship with Kathy and Alina.

Erika S December 14, 2016

I am so enjoying having Shana as my caregiver. She is so efficient and we really enjoy each other. She even brings me books that she knows I'll enjoy. Shana is able to get so many things done in such a short time. She's a delight

BenB December 10, 2016

Other

HomeInstead has been fantastic!

GeorgeSchaumburg December 06, 2016

Both of the caregivers are always prompt and get me on time to brunch and bridge.Both Rachel and Melissa are so pleasant. They are my friends. George G

JeanneF December 03, 2016

We've been using Home Instead Care Givers since 2012. Initially for my husband until he passed & then due to automobile accident I am unable to drive anymore. With their help I am still able to make Dr. Appointment, go shopping without placing undue pressure or beeding assistant from my family. I can always depend on Home Instead. Also I enjoy the time spent with my caregivers especially Yvonne who has been with me since 2014 she is extremely helpful & supportive. Jeanne F.

David J P November 17, 2016

My mother is 90 years old and suffering from Alzheimer's. Other than dementia she has no aches or pains and takes no medicine. We use Home Instead to provide company to my mom multiple days per week. The providers have been very nice and my mom had no trouble accepting them. This provides some relief for me and my wife as we are the only family she has left. And it has allowed her to stay in familiar surroundings.

Kris625787 July 13, 2016

We hired somebody from Home Instead, and so far, it’s OK. The caregiver is very hardworking, but she can’t persuade my mother to wash her hair.

Jennifer122191750 May 11, 2016

My father had Home Instead Senior Care two years ago. They seem to be concerned about getting the right caregiver for him and went through several until he found the right fit. He was very happy with the last one that he had, who was very compassionate. I really appreciated them trying very hard to accommodate his needs and find the right person.

Julie Zych February 18, 2016

We started using Home Instead 4 years ago. My Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimers. For anyone that has/had a family member battling this disease knows it can take an army. Well at least for my Dad. He was never the type of person to sit down and this disease wasn't going to stop him. As the disease progressed it was getting harder to keep him safe. Home Instead was recommended and what a Godsend. Kathy Carrico became my lifeline. I absolutel;y adore this lady. Kathy and Alina provided us with caregivers that fit at the right time of my Dad's disease. In the beginning it was a couple times a week for a couple hours. The caregivers provided kept him busy doing puzzles, going for walks, building bird houses, etc. The next step we requested a male caregiver that was strong and would help him up and down stairs, walking and showering. Jobi was so kind to my Dad, kept him safe and provided friendship. Jobi was a 24 hour caregiver at the end and was there with us when my father passed. He stayed with us through it all. Recently I had to call Home Instead again, this time for my Mother. She is sharp as a tack but is having trouble walking. We have started with a few days for a few hours and now are up to 5 days a week for 4 hours per day. My objective is for my Mom to be safe and happy. Mom is doing her errands, getting her hair or toes done and having someone there that will help her be active enjoying the things she likes to do. Home Instead has provided my Mom with the ability to enjoy life. She is starting to joke again, laugh and the time we spend together is more fulfilling. I have recommended Home Instead to others because I truly believe between Kathy, Alina and the caregivers, this team (that I have been blessed to have had on my side) is by far the most committed, caring, and truly dedicated to make a difference in the life of the senior and also to the family. They are angels on earth, which I will always be grateful.

Satisfied in the Chicago area February 09, 2016

It's difficult for seniors to accept the fact that they need extra help and care but this agency helped us find the right caregivers. They really listened to the needs of my father-in-law and found incredibly caring individuals to meet those needs. We began with requiring assistance for only a few hours twice a day and then increased the hours as the needs increased. Currently we have a 24 hr. live-in who is wonderful. All of our regular "helpers" have been great at communicating with our family. The previous morning and evening caregivers continue to call to inquire about my father-in-law and one even stops by to visit. They truly became part of our family. We were fortunate that this agency was able to accommodate us in finding a male caregiver for the mornings and later for our live-in request which other agencies were unable or unwilling to do. Our family is now relieved and satisfied and most importantly my father-in-law is happy and safe.

Kathi Reed February 05, 2016

We originally talked to Gayle about caregiver services for my 102 year old grandmother. She came to the house, met my grandmother, and set up several caretakers to interview. The caretaker we have most often, Bonnie, is a blessing in disguise. She fits in perfectly in our crazy household, with 2 kids, a puppy, and my grandmother. Unfortunately, eventually we had to reduce the hours for care, but we still have Bonnie on Sundays. She gets along very well with my grandmother and we all look forward to her visits. Thank you to Alina for accommodating our frequent schedule changes. I highly recommend Home Instead Elk Grove. All the caretakers we had were very professional and caring.

Linda121499450 December 31, 2015

5 stars to both Lidia C. and Rasa V. caretakers of my mom Beverly C.

Linda Alarian December 31, 2015

Rosa is wonderful!

Veronica Holl December 31, 2015

You're doing great. Thanks Angie. Keep up the good work.

Jeanne Festner December 31, 2015

My caregiver Yvonne has been with me thru so many tests and doctor visits. She is more like a friend . Always supportive and caring.

Eleanor Sachyda December 30, 2015

I have used Home Instead a few times in the past. I have been very satisfied.

Irene Kole December 30, 2015

Maria and Vanessa are the best! Very flexible, considerate, gentle and supportive. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

A Fellow Reviewer31 December 29, 2015

Susan is an excellent caregiver and Linda is a reasonable alternate caregiver.

Sheryl S September 29, 2015

It was getting so difficult to keep my Mom safe at home. I would worry every time she did not answer the phone and I spent a good deal of time running back and forth to her house to check on her. She was also starting to fall frequently doing normal every day tasks she used to do with ease and no one was there with her. She has a medical alert necklace but won't push it because she doesn't want to bother the paramedics! As a nurse for over 30 years, I looked into all options available for us and I chose Home Instead Elk Grove Village. That was over 2 years ago and it has been the best thing for the entire family. The caregivers is great with mom. My mom was resistant to have anyone in her house but the people from Home Instead worked with us and now my Mom doesn't know what to do without her caregiver 3 hours a day. They cook meals, take her to the doctor's appointments ( which are increasing in frequency), light housekeeping, they provide company and so much more. I would never switch and the rates are very affordable. I recommend this company to anyone facing issues of aging parents who might need a little help but wont leave the house where they raised their family. Life got so much easier for my mom and all of us with Home Instead.

BobgCDN September 22, 2015

Home Instead Senior Care provides daily in-home care for my 91 year old Mother-in-law. Our caregiver has provided consistent and superior care for the last year and a half. I would also like to add that we have the same care giver for the duration and that her compassion exceeds our expectations.

Caring113143150 June 30, 2015

We have been using Home Instead Senior Care for my mom since March. So far, the agency is doing fine. The caregivers' work attitude is good. We don't have problems with them. They just basically watch and babysit my mom. The scheduling and billing is working out fine too.

Charlena Kemper June 08, 2015

The caretakers are a big help to me. They provide much needed help and relief by assisting with my father-in-law.

Lois Arbanas June 04, 2015

Jackie (from Mexico) is very good and caring. I've had her only for 2 days. Nora is very good too.

Dolores Cholewa June 04, 2015

They have provided a great deal of assistance to me since I suffered my stroke.

Robert Klimczak June 04, 2015

Will do anything for us.

Caring111580950 May 29, 2015

The staff is super. Always helpful. Colleen's visits give us support. Alena finds the best people to help my husband and me! And of course, our superstar caregiver, Mark. He is the best!

Monica12 May 28, 2015

Great experience with this company. Gayle and Alicia have been a pleasure to work with. I would recommend this company.

Debbie111526050 May 28, 2015

Overall, we have been very pleased with care I've received at Home Instead Elk Grove, IL. We've had just a few hiccups along the way, but the staff has been very good in working to solve issues/concerns along the way. Kelly -- the owner -- has been a good problem solver and responds quickly to issues/concerns. Our wonderful caregiver -- Maria -- has been with us for a year now and is terrific, kind, and compassionate. Special kudos to Cheryl -- our former caregiver -- who now works in the office. Colleen and Alina are all great!

Joyce111525350 May 28, 2015

Rosa is so helpful and a joy to be with. I'm happy to have her as my caregiver.

Marian R. May 05, 2015

Other

A good friend of mine hired Home Instead to care for her mother. For almost 1 year I heard Gloria say how wonderful the Care Givers they sent were and how her and her brothers were so greatfull to have found a company that really cared. Just going on what I heard and what I also saw when I visited Gloria's mom I would recommend Home Instead, Elk Grove with out a second thought. They were so caring and compassionate up till the end.

sig April 30, 2015

this branch does not have the skill set to care for individuals with the special needs of dementia, as they advertise. their inhouse trainer was at our home twice and knew nothing about lewy body dementia (the 2nd most common type of dementia after alzheimer's dementia). the branch owner also has no problem withing hanging up on you when you are expressing a concern he isn't interested in hearing or not honoring his part of the contract you sign with them. be kind to yourself and use an agency other than this one.

In this circumstance, we made the difficult decision to terminate services when it became clear, in our very short time assisting this family, that the needs of the senior presented safety issues to both our CAREGivers and the senior. We understand that our services aren’t right for every family, and when that is the case, as it was with this family, we work with them to find the appropriate care. We handled the termination professionally and as politely as possible. It should be noted that the trainer referenced was specifically requested back by the family. We certainly regret the negative emotions. However, safe, quality care is always our number one objective.

satisfied user June 28, 2013

Solid company with top notch aides that really care. Every aid was great. We knew my mom was beiing cared for and loved when we could not be there.

Happy Time June 26, 2013

My mother is a client of Home Instead and all us of would be lost without Janet, her caregiver. My brother and I are over 60 miles away and having someone to get mom to her various appointments and give her some help around the house is a true blessing. Mom is over 90 and does not want to leave her home and this help enables her to stay there. I would recommend them very highly.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details