Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Kathi Reed February 05, 2016

We originally talked to Gayle about caregiver services for my 102 year old grandmother. She came to the house, met my grandmother, and set up several caretakers to interview. The caretaker we have most often, Bonnie, is a blessing in disguise. She fits in perfectly in our crazy household, with 2 kids, a puppy, and my grandmother. Unfortunately, eventually we had to reduce the hours for care, but we still have Bonnie on Sundays. She gets along very well with my grandmother and we all look forward to her visits. Thank you to Alina for accommodating our frequent schedule changes. I highly recommend Home Instead Elk Grove. All the caretakers we had were very professional and caring.

Linda121499450 December 31, 2015

5 stars to both Lidia C. and Rasa V. caretakers of my mom Beverly C.

Linda Alarian December 31, 2015

Rosa is wonderful!

Veronica Holl December 31, 2015

You're doing great. Thanks Angie. Keep up the good work.

Jeanne Festner December 31, 2015

My caregiver Yvonne has been with me thru so many tests and doctor visits. She is more like a friend . Always supportive and caring.

Eleanor Sachyda December 30, 2015

I have used Home Instead a few times in the past. I have been very satisfied.

Irene Kole December 30, 2015

Maria and Vanessa are the best! Very flexible, considerate, gentle and supportive. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

A Fellow Reviewer31 December 29, 2015

Susan is an excellent caregiver and Linda is a reasonable alternate caregiver.

Sheryl S September 29, 2015

It was getting so difficult to keep my Mom safe at home. I would worry every time she did not answer the phone and I spent a good deal of time running back and forth to her house to check on her. She was also starting to fall frequently doing normal every day tasks she used to do with ease and no one was there with her. She has a medical alert necklace but won't push it because she doesn't want to bother the paramedics! As a nurse for over 30 years, I looked into all options available for us and I chose Home Instead Elk Grove Village. That was over 2 years ago and it has been the best thing for the entire family. The caregivers is great with mom. My mom was resistant to have anyone in her house but the people from Home Instead worked with us and now my Mom doesn't know what to do without her caregiver 3 hours a day. They cook meals, take her to the doctor's appointments ( which are increasing in frequency), light housekeeping, they provide company and so much more. I would never switch and the rates are very affordable. I recommend this company to anyone facing issues of aging parents who might need a little help but wont leave the house where they raised their family. Life got so much easier for my mom and all of us with Home Instead.

BobgCDN September 22, 2015

Home Instead Senior Care provides daily in-home care for my 91 year old Mother-in-law. Our caregiver has provided consistent and superior care for the last year and a half. I would also like to add that we have the same care giver for the duration and that her compassion exceeds our expectations.

Caring113143150 June 30, 2015

We have been using Home Instead Senior Care for my mom since March. So far, the agency is doing fine. The caregivers' work attitude is good. We don't have problems with them. They just basically watch and babysit my mom. The scheduling and billing is working out fine too.

Charlena Kemper June 08, 2015

The caretakers are a big help to me. They provide much needed help and relief by assisting with my father-in-law.

Lois Arbanas June 04, 2015

Jackie (from Mexico) is very good and caring. I've had her only for 2 days. Nora is very good too.

Dolores Cholewa June 04, 2015

They have provided a great deal of assistance to me since I suffered my stroke.

Robert Klimczak June 04, 2015

Will do anything for us.

Caring111580950 May 29, 2015

The staff is super. Always helpful. Colleen's visits give us support. Alena finds the best people to help my husband and me! And of course, our superstar caregiver, Mark. He is the best!

Monica12 May 28, 2015

Great experience with this company. Gayle and Alicia have been a pleasure to work with. I would recommend this company.

Debbie111526050 May 28, 2015

Overall, we have been very pleased with care I've received at Home Instead Elk Grove, IL. We've had just a few hiccups along the way, but the staff has been very good in working to solve issues/concerns along the way. Kelly -- the owner -- has been a good problem solver and responds quickly to issues/concerns. Our wonderful caregiver -- Maria -- has been with us for a year now and is terrific, kind, and compassionate. Special kudos to Cheryl -- our former caregiver -- who now works in the office. Colleen and Alina are all great!

Joyce111525350 May 28, 2015

Rosa is so helpful and a joy to be with. I'm happy to have her as my caregiver.

Marian R. May 05, 2015

A good friend of mine hired Home Instead to care for her mother. For almost 1 year I heard Gloria say how wonderful the Care Givers they sent were and how her and her brothers were so greatfull to have found a company that really cared. Just going on what I heard and what I also saw when I visited Gloria's mom I would recommend Home Instead, Elk Grove with out a second thought. They were so caring and compassionate up till the end.

sig April 30, 2015

this branch does not have the skill set to care for individuals with the special needs of dementia, as they advertise. their inhouse trainer was at our home twice and knew nothing about lewy body dementia (the 2nd most common type of dementia after alzheimer's dementia). the branch owner also has no problem withing hanging up on you when you are expressing a concern he isn't interested in hearing or not honoring his part of the contract you sign with them. be kind to yourself and use an agency other than this one.

In this circumstance, we made the difficult decision to terminate services when it became clear, in our very short time assisting this family, that the needs of the senior presented safety issues to both our CAREGivers and the senior. We understand that our services aren’t right for every family, and when that is the case, as it was with this family, we work with them to find the appropriate care. We handled the termination professionally and as politely as possible. It should be noted that the trainer referenced was specifically requested back by the family. We certainly regret the negative emotions. However, safe, quality care is always our number one objective.

satisfied user June 28, 2013

Solid company with top notch aides that really care. Every aid was great. We knew my mom was beiing cared for and loved when we could not be there.

Happy Time June 26, 2013

My mother is a client of Home Instead and all us of would be lost without Janet, her caregiver. My brother and I are over 60 miles away and having someone to get mom to her various appointments and give her some help around the house is a true blessing. Mom is over 90 and does not want to leave her home and this help enables her to stay there. I would recommend them very highly.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Elk Grove Village, IL

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address