Home Helpers Home Care of Far Northwestern Chicago Suburbs

Reviews of Home Helpers Home Care of Far Northwestern Chicago Suburbs

4.7

September 27, 2012

By Mike14

We used Home Helpers and Direct Link when my mom was in the nursing home. I found them initially when I was browsing online. We live in California, my sister lives outside of Chicago and my mom was closer to my sister. We set up a meeting with Home Helpers once and we drove out there to Chicago and I think it was Kathy we met first. She said she had someone who would be a good fit for my mother and her name was Joyce. I think Joyce come around 2 or 3 times a week. She's a wonderful person. I met her and got to know her. I forgot who it was whom I talked to from California but she was always very helpful. If I had a message for Joyce or whatever it was always very well organized. They communicated with each other. Joyce was fantastic for my mom. My mom died over a year ago. Joyce came to the funeral. From what I know about them, they did a very good job for a very reasonable price.

From Home Helpers Home Care of Far Northwestern Chicago Suburbs

After raising my own family and experiencing the challenges of the changing needs of my aging parents and grand parents, I recognized that assisting others facing similar situations was something I enjoyed and desired to do. Home Helpers Home Care would give me the opportunity to assist seniors in being happy, to live comfortably, securely, and as independently as possible.

Helping families recognize and approach the ever changing needs, meeting those needs respectfully, safely and in the comfort of their own homes is my mission for Home Helpers.

Each family can expect the same care and attention we provide for our own family members. We expect no less from ourselves.

We offer care with *NO MINIUM HOURS REQUIRED*

Specialties:

1. Owner/Director is a CSA® - Certified Senior Advisor
  2. Registered Nurse
  3. "BEST FRIENDS APPROACH" Training by the Alzheimer's Association for Alzheimer's & Dementia

Sample of our Services

• Light meals
  • Flexi-Rest Program™ (Respite Care)
  • Rapid Care Response™ (Same day emergency care)
  • Transportation: medical, social appointments, shopping
  • Alzheimer's & Dementia: Trained by Alzheimer's Association in the "BEST FRIENDS APPROACH"
  • Mind & body activities
  • Light household services
  • Personal care: bathing, dressing and feeding
  • Joyful meaningful companionship
  • Medication reminders
  • Home & Hospice Support
  • Holiday household decorating
  • Social activities: lunch with friends, cards, walks, music & more
  • Hourly / part-time / full time