Visiting Angels | Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Visiting Angels | Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Diane7 September 13, 2012

We have had Visiting Angels for a little over 2 years.

Initially, we started out with another agency and things were going ok with them. We had 2 different caregivers. We have a Tuesday through Thursday caregiver and we had a Friday through Monday caregiver. The Friday through Monday caregiver was wonderful. Tuesday through Thursday girl wasn't as wonderful. I mean for her it was just a job that she showed up at. They weren't steady with their aids; there was constantly somebody else coming or somebody calling out for a substitute. They just weren't steady.

I personally know Kathy, Patty's sister. With Visiting Angels, they started out with an interview with us and wanted to know what we wanted. They always come and check on the aids even though we have the aids now for a year, they constantly come out at least once a month. They check and see how everything is and if there's anything else that they can do.

We have had one aid for my mother in-law for a year now. We did have another girl and she was going out on a week long absence because her dad was ill. During that time that they brought in a substitute who they thought would be better for my mom. The other girl was young. She was the same age as my son, 26, but she was great. Within 2 years we only experienced 2 substitutes. One was for 2 days and one was for one day.

Looking for a caregiver is almost like trying to find a qualified sitter for your children or a day care that you'll be comfortable with. Mom lives with me. You would always be apprehensive of what's going on. Visiting Angels is very good with their communication. They actually have a form. They are very tuned in to the needs of whoever they will be taking care of. We had everything posted and they write notes everyday. Gina is our caregiver. As a matter of fact she called in yesterday when she found out that mom was in the hospital and called to find out if we needed anything and if she can be of any help.

Pat and Kathy, they're very particular with their interviewing of their employees. The set a high standard. As I mentioned, they come out at least once a month and they have their girl who takes care of scheduling who is also in-charge of the caregivers. They have such a good rapport together and that comes to us as well. They're willing to work with you 24x7 if you have questions. They're very caring people and that shows within their family as well. They're also very protective of their clients. They are very forward. If there's an issue they will tell you and if you have issue, they will deal with it right away.

Charles5 September 10, 2012

Visiting Angels was referred to me. They have good communication process and sent the right person for the job. They were very professional, open and listened to us. Caregivers were there when they were supposed to be on time.They have very competitive pricing. I have no problems with them. I find them neat, clean and professional. They had met my mothers needs for being there and showing support. It was an end of life care; she was in hospice. They were they all the way. Overall, we had a very good experience with Visiting Angels.

Kim8 September 10, 2012

Visiting Angels was recommended to me by AtlantiCare. It's been pretty fantastic having them around. We have caregivers that are housed 24 hours a day. We have been very happy with all the caregivers. We've had some not just good but really really fantastic and kind girls. They help my in-laws around. My father in law is very sick. He is somewhat bed ridden.They help him each day get in and out of bed. He's incontinent and they keep him clean. My mother in-law has Alzheimer's and is in mid stage. They help her get dressed or shower. They also cook for them. We started early of February of this year. Whenever we have an issue, it is solved quickly. It just have been great.

About Visiting Angels

Visiting Angels is an in-home care provider serving Egg Harbor Township, NJ and the surrounding area. Visiting Angels offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Visiting Angels

Rates

• Rate for hourly care: $20.50/hour

• Licenses: HP0065700

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants
  • In-home health care

Types of care

• Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Light housekeeping
  • Errands & grocery shopping

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 1-15 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Validation Techniques

Payment options

• Check

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address