Home Helpers of DuPage Suburbs

Overview of Ratings

4.7

September 20, 2017

By Phyllis T_526835

Home Helpers works well with their clients. The services make life easier for me by doing things I can no longer do for myself.

September 20, 2017

By Anonymous_526820

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers is concerned with the service I am getting, and they are involved. Home Helpers do things for the client that they physically cannot do anymore.

September 14, 2017

By Martha S_523629

I wold recommend Home Helpers because they are good, kind, very timely, and responsible. Home Helpers makes life easier because I don't have to be there all the time, and it allows me the ability to spend quality time with my mom.

August 25, 2017

By Gilda K_516232

Home Helpers is very accurate, on time, and they do what I want to be done and sometimes even a little extra. They keep me company. The caregivers help make a positive experience by keeping me company, being there for me, and they don't hesitate to stay a little longer. They have gone to get my medicine.

August 18, 2017

By Geraldine G_514059

Home Helpers is a good agency because they've taken such good care of my mother, and they're always available. The services help my mother because she's not allowed to be by herself anymore, and I couldn't be with her everyday. We now have a caregiver around the clock.

August 15, 2017

By Debbie G_511590

Home Helpers has sent me caregivers that I really enjoy. Home Helpers takes care of my husband.

August 15, 2017

By Diane S_511577

No matter who I have had to my house, Home Helpers has friendly people, and they are all very well-trained to do the job that they need to do. The caregivers give me a break, and my son likes them a lot.

July 25, 2017

By Margaret D_501005

Most of the people that Home Helpers sends are good, but others shouldn't even be in this profession. Home Helpers helps me with things that I can't do.

July 25, 2017

By Jim C_500999

Home Helpers is very friendly and interested in their clients and their needs. Home Helpers makes my life easier by helping to care for my husband so I don't have to do it by myself. They help me with things around the house as well; I appreciate it so much.

July 14, 2017

By Laura M_496018

Home Helpers is convenient because the caregiver takes photos on her phone and sends them to me, so I know what groceries to order and if the client is taking her medicine. The photos are very important. I wouldn't use them without the photos. I know that my mother-in-law is being safely taken care of by the Home Helpers caregiver.

June 27, 2017

By Carole M_489257

I would tell someone that I have no reason not to recommend Home Helpers, and I would tell them about the manners and knowledge of the caregivers.

June 27, 2017

By Michele M_489250

Home Helpers is accommodating and the business owners are caring. Home Helpers wants to work with you. If there are any issues, they work to address them.

June 24, 2017

By Nilda D_488333

I would tell my friends that Home Helpers has been very good for me, and I have no complaints for them.

June 14, 2017

By Anonymous_482913

Home Helpers is professional, they take care of things in a kind manner, and they are reliable.

May 23, 2017

By John S_474287

The people at Home Helpers are very helpful, kind, and I have no complaints.

May 15, 2017

By Nora R_470662

Home Helpers has sent us a good caregiver.

April 20, 2017

By Dale T

Home Helpers has helped me go downstairs to the laundry.

April 17, 2017

By Dianne B

The services help me with cleaning and shopping.

March 23, 2017

By Kendzora, P

Home Helpers' services relieves me of having to go to my loved one's home so often, and of having to do so many simple things for him. It's a good feeling that he's being watched over more than I could have.

March 20, 2017

By Cindy S

Home Helpers helps my loved one get to the bathroom, otherwise she'd be a vegetable on the couch.

March 15, 2017

By Joseph T

The services have helped me because the caregiver is available for whatever I need. She takes me to the store and on my walks.

February 27, 2017

By Garry O

Home Helpers' services have allowed me to continue working and to live my own life while they take care of my loved one. They also give her the ability to continue living in her own house.

February 27, 2017

By Callahan, B

The caregivers from Home Helpers make life easier because they monitor the patient. They contact family if anything is out of the ordinary. They're reliable.

February 23, 2017

By Gubik, G

My mother has a 24 Hr caregiver and she's like a member of the family.

February 16, 2017

By Gilda K

Having Home Helpers has helped me an awful lot, and the caregivers help me with household chores because I cannot do them on my own.

February 14, 2017

By Diane S

We only have the services from Home Helpers twice a month, so there's no impact on daily life.

By Bob and Melissa

After interviewing the management from four home care companies as well as those individuals from each company who would provide daily 24-hour care for my mother in an independent living community, we chose Home Helpers. We were impressed with the high quality of the companies with whom we met, but Home Helpers seemed to have an edge in their determination to match the right caregivers to the needs of the patient. We hired Home Helpers in early 2016 and they provided mom’s continuous care until her death at age 100 in the Fall. In the intervening months, Home Helpers was instrumental in helping my mom enjoy life to the fullest extent possible. Lorna, mom’s caregiver, routinely made it a point to involve her in the many activities within her retirement community and even accompanied mom on an outing to the Macy’s Spring Flower Show in downtown Chicago. Lorna also assisted mom on a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago as well as several excursions to the Morton Arboretum. When mom entered hospice, Home Helpers worked seamlessly with the hospice company to make her as comfortable as possible. We are most appreciative of the effort Home Helpers made - particularly Michael, Tracy, Lorna and Araceli – in all they did for my mom. More importantly, I know that mom appreciated all that they did for her as well.

By Ejfan

I needed help after I shattered my ankle. Every person who came in was respectful of my home and took care of all my needs. It wasn't the most exciting job as a lot was just watching me try to do things. They helped with light cooking, light cleaning, sponge baths, help dressing, moving around my house, brought me coffee and towards the end, we played games. The companionship was really great..

By R and S in DG

Michael's group did a fantastic job last year. My sister was forced to stay with us due to the type of surgery she had, We needed help when we traveled on a pre scheduled vacation. Michael's people we very caring and very professional. We can highly recommend them.

January 18, 2017

By SPesh

Home Helpers was just that! We needed someone to assist my Mom on Christmas Eve and they came through. Our needs were somewhat last minute and Home Helpers easily accommodated us. They sent Tracy who was warm and personable. So much so that we insisted that she join us for dinner and try Mom's family pasta sauce recipe brought over from Italy by her mother. The evening was a success. Many Thanks!

July 26, 2016

By Bartholomew

Alls well that ends well. I found myself needing surgery for a hip tear that would require six weeks of recovery. I found Michael and Home Helpers. What a gift. I had four trusty companions during that time who were so kind, smart and helpful. I would not have recovered so well without their help. Thank you Michael and Home Helpers !

July 15, 2016

By dupage100

Home Helpers set up a companion for my mom at a special event. The caregiver fit in so well that people thought she was my mom's granddaughter. I highly recommend Home Helpers to anyone needing caregiver services.

April 14, 2016

By marthaj

Very impressed with Michael, his staff and his caregivers. They listen, they make every effort to get good match and fulfill needs. We interviewed several agencies and this one was the clear one to top the list. I also like the idea that the people they send are their employees, not contractors. That saves a lot of administrative hassle that makes the price a great value.

April 04, 2016

By Bobsaw

Michael, I just want to thank you and your staff for the help you have gave to me for my Mother. From the beginning your team was able to adapt to my ever changing needs that allowed her to live at the house longer. The care giver Elsie is a fantastic person and always did the extra steps it took to care for my Mother. I really cannot say enough about her and the care she showed. She is a true asset to your company. Tracy and your wife were also great . Filling in when needed and adapting to what seemed like my ever changing needs. Thank you for all the help,

January 18, 2016

By vchodora

Of the 3 agencies we interviewed, Michael with Home Helpers stood out as the one we felt most comfortable caring for my mother who needed 24 hour care. Michael's agency started in October of 2014 and stayed with my mother until her passing in December of 2015. Laverne was her primary care taker for the entire time. My mother was treated like family by Laverne. My mother was given great care by Michael's agency. When she had to go to a doctors appointment there was always proper assistance to helper up and down the stair lift. I highly recommend Michael and his agency. Thank you Michael and your staff.

January 18, 2016

By wjm396

I used Home Helpers from June of last year to January of this year to provide companion care for my mom. The care giver selected; Elsie, was a perfect match for my mom. Michael and Tracey in the office were fantastic also and great at accommodating my requests for additional coverage as my needs changed. From the first meeting with Michael to the very end, all of the people involved were responsive, courteous, friendly and followed through as needed promptly. This was truly an exemplary performance by the whole team at Home Helpers.

December 15, 2015

By SteveG

I have used Home Helpers since February of this year and have been extremely satisfied with the services they provided. The caregivers were very loving to my wife who has Alzheimer's disease and helped her greatly through this period. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs caregiver services.

July 15, 2015

I use Home Helpers all the time. I'm happy with their care for my friend. We like the staff they provided. They're caring and get things done for us. They have good work ethics!

June 30, 2015

By Mike113197950

From the standpoint, our experience with Home Helpers was great and wonderful. I contacted Michael on Friday, and he came to our house Sunday. I really needed someone by Monday. He provided Rosa and Tina. They're great in providing care for my mom and dad.

June 23, 2015

By Bob112827150

I have used Home Helpers from September to January. The girls who took care of my mom had been terrific. Everything went really well from how they started up to how they dealt with eveything. They have billed us accurately. We encountered no problems with the scheduling. Indeed, I was happy with their care and service.

May 15, 2015

By Alice40

Home Helpers is absolutely awesome! I would recommend them with anybody. The caregivers were very helpful and caring. I feel confident when I leave because they're there to help. The people at the office are very accommodating.

April 09, 2015

By -Gerry

My wife was diagnosed with brain cancer and I needed somebody to help to take care of her. Carol was my caregiver and they saved my life. I wouldn't made it through without their help. Carol was great and we had her for almost 4 years. She's still a friend whenever I see her. They really helped me a lot.

March 31, 2015

By Matt7

Home Helpers is just amazing! I've been working with Michael and Thomas. My mom has dementia and she has mood swings and we can't leave her at home. Michael found us and he worked really hard to make sure it was a good match for my mom. My brother got married a few weeks back and we asked for Michelle to be her caregiver that day. Michelle is the best caregiver for her. She came out and took care of my mom and she was great. They were always polite and on time. Asolutely nothing bad thing to say. I highly recommend them to others.

June 19, 2014

By Digrazia

Great care! Flexible to work with scheduling and family requests.

November 02, 2012

By Diane3

My sister worked at Edward's Hospital and I was looking for a caregiver. She went to the office and found that Home Helpers was on the hospital's list. So she got me the name and called them and hired them. They're very good. I have an excellent caregiver, Liz, who is always there if you need her. When I call, she's there. I had 3 or 4 other services and Home Helpers is the best I ever had for 2 and a half years now. My caregiver is such a good cook and good at cleaning the house. She does my shopping real well. She takes care of me. I'd be lost without her.

October 27, 2012

By Mary

First of all, I called several agencies and I started with one organization that turned out to be a complete disaster. When I researched Home Helpers and contacted Michael he was very informative and very genuine about the needs that we were looking for. He was very responsive and initiated very well. He set up a meeting right away. There was no delay, no "I'll call you back". He was just very responsive to our immediate needs. We have found a wonderful caregiver and she is actually priceless. Her name is Jenny. She is passionate and very attentive. My mother has Alzheimer's and she is diagnosed of stage 4 lung cancer. We have 2 separate issues going on with her medical condition. The caregiver is very in tune in trying to provide quality of life. She takes her out the best she can. She reads to her. I couldn't ask for even a better family member to be with her. If we could have 10 Jennys the world would be a wonderful place. Mike follows up regularly with the clients. He always wants to make sure if there's anything else that we need or change or any issues. It's not just where you sign and contract and then you don't see him ever again. He's very in tune to staying on top of each of clients' case.

From Home Helpers of DuPage Suburbs

We at Home Helpers take care of your loved ones the way you would when you can't. Our excellent caregiver staff provide helpful tasks such as:

• Medication Reminder
  • Wellness Visit
  • Bath Assistance
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Errands and much more

If you or if one of your loved ones can benefit from having one of our Helpers assist in daily tasks, please call us at 630.515.1185. Michael or Denise will answer the phone to discuss your situation and schedule a free in-home consultation. Once we have assessed your care needs we will follow up with an "Introduction Day" where you meet the caregiver that will best fit your case. The final step is to officially start services. It's that easy! Thank you again for considering Home Helpers as your home care provider.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Grief Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes

Photos of Home Helpers of DuPage Suburbs