Home Instead Senior Care - Costa Mesa, CA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Costa Mesa, CA

Bruce Sansone November 22, 2013

I feel compelled to compliment Home Instead Senior Car of Cosa Mesa. The entire staff at this facility were fantastic to work with, always had my Fathers best interests as theirs and took remarkable care of him. I truly feel they actaully extended my Fathers life by several years. Without their tremendous attention to him he would not have live as long as he did and I will be forever greatful to them.

Liz14 June 26, 2013

The caregivers of Home Instead Senior Care are awesome. Every single one of them is. I don't know where they come up with their people, but they are amazing. They are intuitive, sensitive, attentive, and they just do everything what they are supposed to do. They understand the need of both the family and the senior. They are very passionate about what they do. You can tell that the caregivers really love what they do and they are not doing it because they need to make money. They communicate really well with me as to how mom is doing. They are a perfect match for my mother-in-law. I prefer to have them because mom needs to have different folks, and they said they could have one or two and I requested that they have multiple people which was a little bit of a request and they accommodate my request. I didn't want the same person coming in every time because mom needs to have mental interaction.

Ruth6 March 28, 2013

I have been with them for 8 years. I will be 92 next month. I can not thank Home Instead enough for everything they've done for me. Management and Caregiving are hands-on, and never misses opportunities to go above and beyond. My life is great because they make sure I'm well cared for!

plgpharmd March 16, 2013

We are currently using Home instead of Costa Mesa Ca for in home care of my 82 year old Uncle and my 86 year old Aunt. My Uncle has mild dementia and my Aunt has mild to moderate dementia. Up to 2 yrs ago they were both very active and independent seniors. It became obvious to our family that my Uncle first needed a few hours of help around the house, shopping,MD,Appointments, etc a week. The services of the home Instead Care Givers was very good with help 3 hers a day, 2 days a week. Then in Dec. 2012, my Aunt feel in the home and broke her right shoulder and my Uncle could no longer manage her and the responsibilities in the home and his mild dementia became more obvious. With the immediate help and support of Home Instead owner, Nola, who is an RNHerself, we had 24 hour coverage of caregivers that night for the next 4 weeks. We had a variety of caregivers and eventually consistent people who gotto know the needs of my aunt and uncle. They prepared all meals, helped my aunt dress, assisted with laundry, shopping,driving to all MD appointments, bathing my aunt, light house cleaning and companionship for both. They were in regular contact with me when they had concerns and questions. On one occasion, my Uncle took too much of his medication by accident and I was called immediately. They had one of the supervisors go to the home and continually took his BP and Blood sugars and made sure he ate well and drank water regularly so he experienced no side effects of excessive doses of his Blood pressure and diabetic meds. They have acted quickly on other occasions when needed and even the owner has come to the home in the evening to check on them during mini crises as she is an RN. The owner is compassionate, caring, dedicated and has a passion for caring of those in need and she has high expectations of all of her caregivers. She frequently asks and welcomes my feedback and suggestionsto improve services to my aunt and uncle. They now use the services 10 hers per day and my aunt and uncle are well and surviving their new experiences in life. Home instead of Costa Mesa is an outstanding team of care givers dedicated to high quality care of seniors and others in need of help with daily living who have health care challenges. Their services augment what my husband and I do for them weekly such as help manage their finances and medication needs. It gives us a piece of mind that when we are busy working they are well taken care of and when we travel for work or vacation we have a piece of mind that they have someone to help them that will contact us as needed. Together we are partners in their care and daily living needs. We have been able to weather challenges together and continue to enjoy the precious time we have been able to spend with . Thank you Nyla, Carol and the Home Instead Care Givers and staff in Costa Mesa, my aunt and uncle are grateful as well and continue to enjoy their lives in Newport Beach!

From Home Instead Senior Care - Costa Mesa, CA

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Costa Mesa, CA

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address