BrightStar Care Colorado Springs

Overview of Ratings

4.3

October 04, 2017

By Desaussure "Des" B

The services that BrightStar Care provides me is fine. The most helpful aspect of my services is my caregiver helping me with my laundry.

October 04, 2017

By Joseph M_1

BrightStar Care tries to accommodate our needs. If we aren't comfortable with someone, they will change them. The service has helped the most by helping me. My love one needs care and I cannot do it anymore.

October 03, 2017

By Norma S_1

I would recommend BrightStar Care because when my caregiver is not able to come they call me at least a day in advance and they give me a choice about who I would like to have. They'll choose someone and send them and if I don't like them, they will change them. So I don't have to accept anyone into my home that I don't know or who isn't up to my standards. I can't get by without my caregiver. Well, I probably could get by without her, but my life would not be enhanced, it would be diminished. She's a nurse and she'll explain things to me about aging and if she doesn't know the answer, she'll look it up. That's like having another daughter in my house!

September 23, 2017

By Ruth B_1

The caregiver is pleasant and shows good training. I can always call BrightStar Care and they will help me. The caregiver will go to the grocery store for me.

September 13, 2017

By Rick P

I really enjoy the caregiver that BrightStar Care sends out. The services provide what I need.

September 29, 2015

I was familiar with the work of Bright Star. It was great. The person who came to help my father was wonderful. I have no complaints at all.

February 20, 2014

By armatbrio

I called them when I was in need of services. Told them when I needed them to start. They gave me a price over the phone. Setup a meeting to go over care needed for my parents - they were almost 30 minutes late. They then changed the price - said they would contact me the next day (never did). I called them because they were supposed to start service the next day and found out they were not even planning on starting. Luckily I called and found out - otherwise my parents would have been in serious trouble. How do companies like this stay in business.

February 10, 2013

By Melissa3

My mom had to go into a rehabilitation facility after a leg amputation. When she came out of the rehab, we needed more medical than just companionship because of her situation. Brighstar Care provided a reliable, kind, caring and yet firm CNA. The cost per hour is less than what we we're paying for an in-home companionship and yet we also have a CNA that help continue her therapy. It's been wonderful for us. It was a good match to what we needed, and we also needed somebody who can get along with my father. My dad has Alzheimer's, so getting in a routine of showers or hygiene is a challenge. He's a retired flight instructor in the navy. The CNAs husband is a pilot in the air force, so there's a common connection there that my dad is drawn to. It's good to know, for peace of mind, that we have an intelligent person, a CNA that we can trust. She's quick to call us if she has any questions. Brightstar Care listened to what we wanted when they did the assessment, and they did an excellent job. I have no complaints. Somebody is always calling to follow up to make sure everything is going smoothly. They're very accommodating if we needed to change or add hours. If we have questions, someone is always there to answer the phone and we never had to leave a message. It gives that confidence to my mother. That's important. It has been great.

From BrightStar Care Colorado Springs

Two caregivers at this company have been nominated as Caring Champions. Nominee Brittany L and Nominee Terri E.

How Can We Make More Possible For You?

From our own experiences, we know how overwhelming caring for a family member can be. That's why, when you or a loved one faces a challenge, you need the services that only an industry leader can provide. Our in-home care services focus on improving the health and wellbeing of those entrusted to our care, making life easier and allowing you and your family to live life to the very fullest. From companionship and transportation, to bathing, hygiene and toileting assistance, to skilled nursing care and more, BrightStar can be there so our patients and their families have the support they need to get the most out of life.

Our services are available around the clock to anyone who needs it anywhere they call home. Our mission is to go above and beyond to make more possible "“ more support, more joy, more comfort, more security, more quality, more peace of mind "“ for those we care for. Let us know how we can help.

Each BrightStar client receives a personal, in-depth assessment conducted by our Director of Nursing. We then create an individualized care plan that meets our clients' unique physical and emotional needs. We also match our caregivers based on our Guaranteed Compatibility program.

• Assistance with personal hygiene, bathing and oral hygiene
  • Companionship & Sitter Services
  • Meal preparation
  • Transportation to/from appointments
  • Errands and other personal services
  • Light housekeeping & laundry
  • Respite and family relief
  • Expertise with memory loss, confusion and forgetfulness
  • Home safety evaluations
  • Outpatient pre- and post-op assistance
  • Blood sugar testing
  • Home infusion therapy
  • Medication setup, administration and oversight
  • Tube, drain and/or bag maintenance

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Validation Therapy, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes

RN on staff: Yes

Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes

Available to assisted living facility: Yes

Photos of BrightStar Care Colorado Springs