Queen City Elder Care

Contact Now

Reviews of Queen City Elder Care

avrilt January 14, 2016

Queen City provides excellent care for my father. They are very on the ball with all aspects of care -- keeping track of medicines, treating the patient as a human being, being vigilant about safety and well-being

Thank you for writing a review of our services. We take our work extremely seriously and it really helps to share these positive comments with our caregivers. They do important work and it shows in their attention to detail and cheerful attitudes.

Qusia January 14, 2016

Queen City Elder Care has satisfied me as far as my care. The caregivers that i have working with me KeKe , Megan, & Cliff are great.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our services. We’re always striving to be the best we can each day, so it’s especially rewarding for our caregivers to hear directly from our clients, like you!

Dtully April 30, 2015

Queen City gives my father wonderful care! They have great caregivers, their system for monitoring health and daily activities is excellent, and their nurse is amazing - she is always available for extra support, trips to hospitals and doctor's offices, and other emergencies. They are incredibly devoted to their patients. I am very impressed with the care my father receives.

Thank you for reviewing our services on Caring.com! Many of our customers have found out about Queen City Elder Care through this site, as it really helps others needing home care to read about our clients’ actual experiences.

va111961 April 29, 2015

Queen City works very hard to find the right person to fit the needs of the client. The personality of the caregiver is important in making the client feel comfortable and accepting of having a stranger come in to their home and care for them. Building rapport between the two makes the process of everyday care go more smoothly not only for the client, but for the client's family who are also involved in making sure their loved one is receiving the very best care and is happy as well. Queen City has a great team that includes a supervisor who helps introduce and transition the new caregivers into the client's home. She provides instruction on how each client likes things to go, what's important to make them happy, and where everything is located so the client doesn't have to go through that each time someone new comes into their home! We have been very happy with the care our mother has received and Queen City has been quick to respond and resolve any concerns we've brought to their attention.

Wow! That’s a great review. Thank you for commenting on our unique method of having our supervisor work the first shift for each client and then orienting and training our caregivers when they are first assigned to a client. It has really helped us meet the client’s expectations and consequently, we’ve never lost a client to another agency since we’ve been in business. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

OlaandBob April 29, 2015

Everything was very specific and straight-forward. Our caregivers are very friendly and willing to do a variety of tasks. The company is professional in the way they handle things. We have had no problems. Bob Root

Thanks, Bob. We know you weren’t as pleased with previous home care agencies, so we’re glad that we’ve been able to meet your needs and expectations. We’re not perfect, but we try to be!

stevenk April 28, 2015

We are very pleased with the service my parents receive. Queen City Elder Care has gone above and beyond the call of duty to service my parents with the utmost respect and care. They continually make sure all of their needs are being met both physically and emotionally. They work with our family to keep us informed. The staff is top notch! We feel very blessed to have this organization assisting with the care of our parents in their time of need! I would highly recommend this service to anyone in need of excellent care for the elderly!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our services. Our staff are very engaged with their supervisor on a daily basis, so they know they are supported while also being held accountable for their performance. We’re grateful for their hard work and for your kind words!

Anonymous102391850 April 27, 2015

We hired Queen City Elder Care for custodial care for my father in his apartment. Some of the caregivers are good, and some of them have not been good. We have been using them for 5 months now. Scheduling and billing has been problematic. I have to watch every single thing they do to make sure it is correct.

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. While we try to do things perfectly, we’re not always successful. However, when we learn of a shortcoming, we work to resolve the issue, which I’m sure you would now agree we have. We enjoyed assisting your father for over a year and our staff members still like to visit him from time-to-time. They think the world of your father!

Sue67324450 January 13, 2015

Elder Care home care is very good. A registered nurse comes in once a week to spend four hours with my mother to conduct an overall assessment. The caregiver comes in three times a week or as many times you need them. They do anything that you want them to do from light housekeeping to just sitting in and talking. They cook meals, clean up, help her exercise, and even do grocery shopping. My mom doesn't like the nurse because the nurse is doing her job being a nurse. She is pretty assertive and business oriented in doing her job. But my mom likes the other caregiver because she is gentle and more down to earth. They also leave a detailed daily report so the family can read what went on during the time they were there. If there is any problem, they will call me.

Thank you for the nice review! We love what we do and do what we love!

Ms. Kim September 13, 2014

I would highly recommend Queen City Elder Care to provide assistance and care to your loved ones. Michelle and Mark always take time to talk to me about my concerns and questions any day, any time. There is so much to learn when you realize one of your parents can no longer care for themselves. Queen City's support, understanding and quality of caregivers has made a big difference in my Mom's life. I can rest easier and go to work with less worry and concern knowing they are providing care. Michelle goes the extra mile to work with COA and other Senior Services in times when I am unable due to personal and work situations. They are a wealth of knowledge, resources and comfort.

Diane M. May 14, 2014

Queen City Elder Care came highly recommended to me by one of their current clients. My mother was being released from a rehab facility and was going to need assistance. I knew from my first meeting with the Queen City Elder Care owner & caregiver supervisor that they were the people I could trust. Their professionalism was so impressive. They asked all the right questions about Mother and her needs. They worked with the rehab nurses and doctors to be sure they were totally familiar with her abilities and inabilities. They spoke "to" Mother, not "around" her and she appreciated that. During the time they cared for Mother, they were thorough, caring, and put her best interests first at all times. They kept in communication with me to let me know how she was progressing. And, I felt comfortable to call either of them at any time if I had a question. If I ever need caregiving services for Mother again, I will definitely be calling Queen City Elder Care.

bokemp May 03, 2014

My Mother is receiving care from thee people in my home. I am never called to let me know when they are coming but if another agency is coming to my house I have to call them. The other agency that comes to my house is paid for by Medicare and they always call and tell me when they are coming and since they don't I end up making appointments for the other agency and guess what happens this agency shows up!!! Yesterday I had made an appointment for 9:30 a.m. with the nurse so I jumped into the shower at 9:00a.m. and the aide from this agency shows up, luckily my daughter was able to get to the door to let her in. The aide dressed my Mother and the nurse showed up. the nurse had to show this girl how to put tet hose on because the way she had them on would have cut the circulation in my Mothers legs! thank goodness I the nurse came after she got my Mother dressed and not before. Since they are paid in advance I feel they think they can show up whenever they feel like it. I read how they are trained but I did not see anything about common courtesy especially when it comes to having to deal with 2 agencies and Michelle knew I would be dealing with 2 different agencies. How trained are they if the aide does not even know how to put tet hose on!!!!

First and foremost, we are sorry you felt let down. We hire the most qualified and compassionate individuals in the industry and provide them with the education, support and resources they need to fulfill their roles and love their work. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this particular caregiver may have caused you. We make every effort to ensure our shifts are scheduled well in advanced based on our clients’ preferences.

As the owners of Queen City Elder Care, we have been serving in the health care industry for 25 years and we are dedicated to providing the best personalized assistance and care. We look forward to having the opportunity to continue to service your needs.

BBL October 16, 2013

I interviewed this provider

The service provided was excellent and helped my mother immensely. We couldn't be happier with the care they gave her. The caregivers were patient and understanding of my mother's needs and really even seemed to enjoy being with her. They not only were caregivers but helped with cleaning and organizing for her and even cooked along with her to keep her active and help her do the things she would ordinarily do. We will definitely use this service again as it becomes necessary. She was happy with the service and that says a great deal.

Cared for in OH May 31, 2013

The care we received from Queen City Elder Care was excellent. I would recommend this care to everyone I know. They took such great care for my dad's final days.

Ellen5 May 12, 2013

Queen City Elder Care provided in-home care for my Mother for the last seven weeks of her life. My sister and I were extremely pleased with all aspects of our relationship with Queen City Elder Care. The supervisor was incredible and all of the staff that assisted with Mother's care were extremely professional, well prepared, and well trained. The supervisor herself did an exceptional job of training her staff and she herself came several times a week to touch base with Mother, my sister and I, and Mother's caregivers. Three things that really stand out about Queen City Elder Care are 1) the personal connection and incredible caring that Mother received from all of her caregivers 2) the flexibility of Queen City Elder Care as our plans changed week to week 3) the outstanding professionalism of the Queen City Elder Care supervisor and all of Mother's caregivers.

Ltomes April 18, 2013

I have been very happy with the service that we have been provided with. Ashley is a very caring person. Good job!

Janet Berger March 28, 2013

One of my family's greatest gifts as my mother was reaching the end of her life was the amazing and loving care she received from the care givers of Queen City Elder Care. They were warm and professional and always made sure that my mother received everything she needed to be as comfortable, cherished, and peaceful as possible. My mother loved her care givers and was very grateful to have them with her as we all were. The director of Patient Services was phenomenal. She was very involved with Mother and made sure that the care givers were well trained specifically for her.

MPMahoney February 26, 2013

Dad suffered a broken hip in July 2012. After the surgery and rehab at Shawnee Springs, dad really wanted to go home. The only problem...he required 24 hour care to start. After meeting with home care companies in the Cincinnati Area, Queen City Elder Care came out on top. Visits at the rehab facility by the account manager and nurse revealed they would be the best for dad's care at home. Since January, dad has gotten stronger and closer to being able to care for himself at home. The caregivers are excellent at what they do and the account manager works very closely with the caregivers on items to continue in dad's strengthening and caring for himself. Without the dedication and attention to detail provided by Queen City Elder Care, dad would still be in a nursing facility. Excellent company!

From Queen City Elder Care

Queen City Elder Care:

After working their way up from Physician Representatives to Regional Director and Sr. Vice President for a well-known, national palliative care agency, Michele Vollmer and her husband, Mark welcomed the opportunity to start their own business in the greater Cincinnati, OH area. The Vollmers were moved by the growing number of elderly individuals who are left unattended at home when released from the hospital. They developed a strategy to help mature adults maintain independence and a high quality of life by providing trained, compassionate caregivers.

"I love hearing clients and their families express how much the service has helped them and how great the staff is," says Michele. Queen City Elder Care uses a rigorous process to ensure that caregivers are trustworthy, dependable, and have the attitude, personality, and skills needed to provide top quality care. Caregivers are assessed by performance indicators, including personality, behavior, integrity, and the risk for substance abuse and sexual harassment. The Vollmers also see the importance in using an empirically validated assessment program to assess their caregivers psychological states through standards set by numerous associations, such as the American Psychological Association and the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Employees are also encouraged to practice conscious capitalism, as the Vollmers provide opportunities for them to volunteer and give back to the community.

With certification in the American Alzheimer's Association advanced Alzheimer's and Dementia training Program, essentiALZ, Queen City Elder Care's staff members are well prepared to provide the type of care and understanding needed for individuals with memory loss.

Unique to Queen City Elder Care, they employ a nationally-certified Activities Director who ensures that their staff provides client-centered care. In addition to supporting a client's cognitive, physical, emotional, and psychosocial well-being through therapeutic activities, the Activities Director matches each client's former lifestyle as closely as possible with his/her current functional level. Diet and exercise are also individualized based on medical needs.

Queen City Elder Care is an in-home care provider and is a member of the Caregiver Quality Assurance Program. If you're looking for personalized, quality care in the Cincinnati area, contact Queen City Elder Care.

Features of Queen City Elder Care