Home Instead Senior Care - Charlotte, NC

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Charlotte, NC

Meg8 November 05, 2015

I have found someone from Home Instead Senior Care. Their service is great. It is for my father-in-law. They have been very responsive. I got a phone call within 24 hours of my first inquiry. It was a very quick turnaround between when we had our first appointment to find out about their services. Once we've decided that we wanted to start their services, they had engaged their caregiver within three days. There was no long wait at all. Also, they have been responsive in terms of checking in.

Michael112762650 October 29, 2015

We hired Home Instead Senior Care. I chose them because they seem to have the best reputation from the research that I did. They do in-house therapy and assistance in doing chores in the house. The caregiver is friendly and attentive

Cynthia Timpf March 21, 2015

You have made such a difference to our Father. He has a better attitude about Life. He looks forward to Jim, his care provider coming in. We couldn't ask for any more. Everyone at the office has been very helpful also. Keep up the great work. We all love your company.

Jeanne6 June 27, 2013

We couldn't have gotten through this past year without the help of this company especially Diane R.N. and Jodette. My husband had a hip replacement, suffered complications and had three major surgeries. We had two deaths in our family, grandson and son-in-law. I fell several times during all this. We really relied on Jodette from Home Instead. We are doing well now but have kept Jodette part time. We can't do without her.

Donna K. April 18, 2013

After my mother passed away several years ago, I was left with the responsibility of caring for my father who has Alzheimer's. I was able to move him to Charlotte into independent living in a continuing care community, but found his needs where too substantial for me to meet on my own. I was fortunate to learn about Home Instead. Home Instead has provided my Dad with a wonderful caretaker who is able to take him shopping, out for a bite to eat, to church and to doctor appointments when I am not available to do so. Home Instead has given him back his independence and dignity; He need not rely on his daughter to take him everywhere he wants to go. I have absolute confidence that my dad is in good hands and well cared for on his outings. I also greatly appreciate the support and advice Home Instead has provided to our family. Having an aging parent is a difficult process, and Home Instead's care manager has provided our family with a lot of good educational information and advice. I would highly recommend Home Instead for anyone facing the challenges of caring for an aging parent.

CND April 17, 2013

The diagnosis for my husband, who once was a very intelligent man, was Alzheimer's Disease! After the initial shock I drew strength in facing whatever lies ahead knowing that God never gives us more than we can handle. I asked for courage, patience and wisdom to be the best ever caregiver for this man who is my life. Not only has He answered my prayers, He led me to Home Instead and a remarkable, compassionate care giver named Bill S. My husband's life has flourished in Bill's care and enabled me to be a better care giver. Home Instead is a premier senior care organization who is very selective about the caliber of person they bring into their business. In addition, Home Instead care givers must undergo periodic training sessions so that they have the most updated skills to provide to their clients. The entire staff at Home Instead is supportive and extremely caring. My husband continues to be the same loving, caring, witty man I married almost 66 years ago. We laugh a lot. Thanks to Home Instead.

Susan Deese April 13, 2013

Our Dad has been living in an assisted living facility for several years. It has always been a challenge for we three siblings as our residences are in New England and Dad is in Charlotte, NC. He enjoys getting out and about when we visit him, but that is not as often as we would like. I became familiar with Home Instead when a friend told her story of hiring a caregiver for her mother. So my brothers and I decided to give it a try. We are so thankful we made that connection. My Dad's caregiver, Janis, has been an absolute God sent. She thinks of the most creative places to take our Dad and engages him in constant conversation to keep his mind sharp. We are amazed at how well she has gotten to know him in terms of what areas of knowledge he still excels in as well as what activities he enjoys participating in. Of course she also knows where he loves to stop and get ice cream cones! Recently our step mother was hospitalized and Dad was having a particularly difficult time as he could no longer be with her. We asked Janis if she would increase her visits, including Sundays, to take Dad to the hospital, and then rehabilitation location, to visit his wife. Janis made time in her busy schedule to do so. Her phone calls assuring us that Dad was doing okay were so appreciated. We are deeply appreciative and thankful for the level of care and commitment Janis has shown our Dad as well as our family. We consider ourselves to be extremely fortunate to have had met and hired Janis.

Patricia J. April 12, 2013

When my Dad had his hip replaced and we got him home, we thought caring for him would be easy enough, with 2 daughters as RN's and another living around the corner. Well, we were wrong! We all did the best we could but Dad really needed more. My sister Mary recommended Home Instead because they had cared for her Mother-in-law for years, and did a wonderful job- like family. From the first phone call to Home Instead, my fears of what would happen to my Dad, were put to rest. My Dad's (and subsequently my Mom's too) caregiver, Jodette, has become one of the family as well! She is so caring, energetic, and conscientious; My parents love her, as do I because I know they are being looked after and helped with so many things. Otherwise they might not be able to stay in their home. My sisters and I are very thankful for this wonderful group of caring people dedicated to the care and well-being of our older generation. Highly recommend!!!

J&RW April 10, 2013

Everyone involved in the care of my father in law after his hospital stay has been great! Lacie lined up companions for Dad & followed up with us, Brenda the Companion was AWESOME to his needs throughout the night, and Lindsey from the office also checked on us. They even sent Dad a card and it's up in his little apt.!

shnovy April 10, 2013

The caregivers placed with my mother have been wonderful! Of course, maakiing a personality fit can taake. A whole team to accomplish, & they do an amazing job! Very attentive to her needs, very patient, & so VERY caringa. Thank you all, Home Instead! I could not have a life with out your hhelp

Denise Altman April 02, 2013

My mother loves her caregiver and looks forward to her bath/hair visits. It really makes my Mom's life more pleasant to have this service!

ms graces January 29, 2012

I am very satisfied with this caregiver. There is nothing she can do to improve her quality of performance. In my opinion, she is outstanding.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Charlotte, NC

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Training Programs:

Our mandatory Alzheimer's disease training program provides CAREGivers with the knowledge, tools, and caregiving techniques necessary to effectively serve clients in the mid to late stages of dementia. Sample topics include: how Alzheimer's affects language; techniques to help communicate more effectively with someone who has Alzheimer's; how Alzheimer's affects each person in a different way; principles and techniques that help provide solutions to challenges that occur.

In Home Aide Training After completing orientation and training, each CAREGiver completes an In Home Aide certification program taught by an RN. This program covers all aspects of personal care, including bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, ambulation and transfer assistance. A combination of classroom and hands on training is done in our training room that is fully equipped with a hospital bed, wheelchair, walkers and adaptive devices. In Home Aide training focuses on activities of daily living and other critical topics designed to provide a safe, comfortable environment for clients.

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Charlotte, NC

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require drug screenings

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address