Greater New York Home Care Home Care

Reviews of Greater New York Home Care | Home Care

Overview of Ratings

August 13, 2013

By T. L

Thanks the devoted team at greater new York home care for the help they gave me, after the major accident I was feeling like i needed alot of help and support,when I got to greater new York they came across very professional and knowledgeable and caring, the pt therapy was amazing and the nurse was warm and smart to even uplift my spirit ,and the aid was reliable and sweet it was a great experience. Now I am back to being a regular person and back at work thank you again for helping so much with my recovery I owe my life to you god bless you and the whole team! T. L. New York ny

August 11, 2013

By sydny m

Thank you so much for making it so much easier on the whole family knowing that our dad is in really good hands even when we are back in Florida and he is in manhattan, I visited dad the past week and had a great opportunity to meet milat and observe her in action , I was very,very happy with everything, starting with her arrival which was always on time or earlier, and with feeding him and cooking in a very nice manor,and with her knowledge of when to give him the medication,and overall the caring heart that she gave to daddy.she is respectful to his need of private space, but always right there if he needs anything,we walked outside and she watched every step to make certain she was there for any bump in the sidewalk.she took much better care of him that I would know how to do .it gave me a really warm feeling of confidence in our choice ofchoosing greater new York for the service they are terrific in all ways! S.m -Miami fl.

By Sinfullatina

GNYHC staff goes above and beyond their duties. They go out of their way to make sure all patients are happy with their services.

By lane1981

The staff at Greater NY Homecare are great. They are caring, compassionate, attentive, and professional. They are very effective in helping out with different questions and needs. They return missed calls in a timely manner. The HR dept. is awesome. This company lives up to it's motto!

By Kpaz83

They were very professional, caring, compassionate staff overall. They always returned calls and addressed patients' needs. The hiring process is smooth and quick. The intake department and HR dept are exceptional!

August 07, 2013

By Dnetkin

The staff at GNY are fantastic! The aide they sent my Mom was so devoted and caring. They helped me get approved by Medicaid to cover the care my Mom was receiving. Thank you!

July 17, 2013

By goerge j

I would like to express my gratitude for your great service,the attendant you sent me,ammy,is a caring,loving,dedicated and devoted person.I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING CARED FOR BY MY OWN MOTHER OR DAUGHTER. i would be very happy if ammy would be nominated as home health aid of the month-an honor she most certainly deserves .i strongly recommend your service to all my friends who need some help,thank you for everything! goerge j ,new york ny

July 09, 2013

By a franklin

greater new york deserves the name" best in home care"!because they always make sure mom is 100% satisfied,higly recommended.

June 30, 2013

By ANDREW. T

GOD BLESS THEM ,REALLY "GREATER" SERVICE THEN EXPECTED,THEY ARE TRULY CARING AND HELPFUL .THANKS

June 29, 2013

Greater New York provides the best service and are always very helpful.

May 01, 2013

By Debra Zargari

I owe my to Greater New York Home Care- my mom could not of survived without them, they truly provide compassionate care from the hart!

March 18, 2013

By Hospital social worker (J.l.)

Other

They provide Everything you need from a home care provider ,dedication,caring , loyal , reliable , professionalism ,they take the whole load off your back and take care of the patient as their own family member ! The best care possible = greater new York home care!

March 17, 2013

By ammy l.

they are really angles sent from haven ! what greater new york home care did for my father cannot be described on a piece of paper . day and night never tiring and always being there. thank you so much. keep it up!wishing you good luck.

March 10, 2013

By robbert w

I could not have made a better choice greater new york .their dedication and caring is unparalleled! they always go the extra mile for you with no hesitation! they deserve a gold medal! thank you a million times

March 03, 2013

By lucky client

my father is getting aids and nurses from greater new york for the last 7 years and i really cant describe the dignity and respect and loyalty we get .since then my father became a brand new fresh uplifted person . we are paying private but its worth every penny for the elite and first class service we get . "if you want the same luck call them and get started"

February 18, 2013

By Happy more

Hi I can't describe the devotion and caring that my mom received from greater new York home care for the pest 5 years they became a part of the family I would recommend thier service to every body that's looking for 'greater, care!!! I was happy all the time and never had any problems with them they are truly the best care possible!

From Greater New York Home Care

Since its founding in 1993, Greater New York Home Care has believed that the heart of successful, quality care lies in compassion. "Compassionate care from the heart" is not only their motto but it is the way they do business according to CEO Joseph Sofer. They go out of their way to provide patients with proper care and do so with a respective and culturally sensitive approach. The staff is versed in several different languages including, among others, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Hebrew and French. They work with almost all insurance companies, Medicare/Medicaid, long-term care insurance plans, as well as private pay clients.

Greater New York Home Care a home-care agency that provides service for geriatric patients, pediatric patients, and OMRDD patients. There is a 24-hour call service for new clients that need immediate help, families looking for information on their loved ones, and for general communication with the staff. The staff includes RNs, LPNs, home-health aids, home-makers, OMRDD certified caregivers, dementia and wound care specialists, non-clinical caregivers, nutritionists, physical therapists, and speech therapists. Staff members are all fingerprinted, background checked, and state certified. They are also given ongoing training throughout the year to keep updated on current information and practices.

"We are here for the care of your loved ones and deliver care at the highest level," says Joseph. Your loved one deserves the very best care and at Greater New York Home Care, clients not only receive superior care but also a multifaceted company equipped with the latest in support, technology, and resources.

Agency Type:
  • We are a full-service agency. Caregivers are our employees.
Licensing::
  • Licensed as required by the state
Certification::
  • Certified as required by the state
Types of Care Provided:
  • Medication management
  • Light housekeeping
  • Bathing
  • Toileting
  • Meal preparation
  • Errands
  • Grocery shopping
  • Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
  • Memory care, Transfer assistance
  • Physical therapy
  • Occupational therapy
  • Blood draw
  • Injections
  • Blood pressure and/or other medical care
  • Walking
  • Wheelchair
Training
  • Staff members are trained when they are hired
  • Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training
  • Patient transfers
  • Physical Therapist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Personal Care Assistant
Staff Screening:
  • We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis B, tuberculosis, and other communicable illnesses
  • We check credit history
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require fingerprint-based background check
  • We check sexual offender databases
  • We require drug screenings
  • French
Caregivers Bonded and Insured:
Payroll, Taxes, and Benefits:
Care Can Be Provided In:
  • We provide care in the client's home
  • We provide care in assisted living facilities
  • We provide overnight care, We provide short-term or one-time care
  • We provide live-in care
  • We provide respite care
  • We provide care in hospice
  • We provide care in the hospital
Payment Options: