First Care of New York Inc - Manhattan Home Care

Overview of Ratings

4.7

July 30, 2013

By Louise11

They've been doing everything that I asked of them. The girl I have now is very good. I have no problem with them. I have them over a year. I'm happy with their help.

July 26, 2013

By Mary72800750

My aide is very sweet and caring. She attends to my needs. Her name is Nella. She takes good care of me. When she arrives the first thing she would ask if I already ate my breakfast. She makes sure that I take my medication. If I have a doctor's appointment, she goes with me. She's very nice. I really like her a lot. I haven't met the coordinator but she's very nice. I spoke with her on the phone. If I have a problem, I call her and she's very accommodating.

July 26, 2013

By Georgina1

I never had a problem with First Care. I have them for years and I'm still using their service at present. The caregivers they sent to me are all nice. I'm really happy with them.

July 17, 2013

By Lucy8

I've been with First Care since 2007. I have had different attendants since I started. In 2008, I was in a nursing home for 3 months. The girl that I had when I came back from the nursing home was very good. She was with me for a year and a half. I had a couple girls who I had problems with but Mindy took care of it right away. For the most part, they have been pretty good.

July 17, 2013

By Erena

My coordinator with First Care is very sweet. Her name is Cecilia. She's always checking up on me. All the nurses that I've had from them have been very caring. The aides that I had and the one that I have right now are very prompt.They really care for me and passionate about what they do.

By Veronica5

My insurance found First Care for me. Their care is good. I have good aides from them. I like my current aide. She has been with me for 2 years. I definitely have no problem since I got them. I find them very reliable. They're good at what they do. I'm happy with them.

By Beverly18

First Care was referred to me. The girl I have now is very nice and very efficient. She's always on time. They call every Friday to see if everything is alright. I'm very happy with their service.

By Lawrence9

Originally, I had trouble with some of their workers but they straightened it out right away and I've had care with the same people ever since. I have the same people who have been working with me with the exception of several new people come in to fill in when they are off, sick or have doctor's appointments. I'm totally satisfied with what First Care has done for me and is doing for me at present. They seemed to be very consistent, thorough and dedicated.

By Donna20

First Care was chosen by my insurance company. The manager is alright. Some of the caregivers are very good and some I think need more training. I'm having problem replacing the caregiver that I have now and I'm not that happy about it.

By Miriam3

My experience with First Care has been good. I really have no complaints about their service. The management is good. The caregivers are patient and pleasant. They are very willing to do some work. I have them for 3 years. They took care of my husband initially.

By Leonore1

First Care was on a list of agencies that I had. Their care is good. I like the girl that comes to me. For one thing she speaks English. She's very caring, helpful and kind. I've been with them for a year.

By Edelmira

I'm using First Care now. I am very happy with their care. I like my caregiver because she's so nice. I don't have any complaints at all. I've been with them for more than a year.

By Thomas13

My daughter found First Care for me. Having them around is good for me. Everything is fine with them. They take good care of me. My caregiver right now is very helpful and caring towards me.

By Alma1

I'm very satisfied with First Care. They were referred to me by one of the association that I'm in. It's been my 3rd year with them. My caregivers are very pleasant. I have no problems with them.

By Salvador1

First Care is a good company. Everything has been fine. I've been using them for 10 years. I don't have any problems with them. I'm satisfied with the caregivers that they're sending off. They know me well and they're very good at what they do. They're very nice with me.

February 09, 2013

By caring7721

First Care of New York had the most positive reviews, and they were the first agency to actually call me back. Had they not had good reviews I would not have chosen them. I talked with the staff who took all the information, and I thought she was so incredibly helpful, honest, very gracious, and informative. The care that we needed was 24/7 for about two weeks. There were three girls. One was okay, one was fantastic, and one wasn't that great. But the staffing person has been doing it for a while and they're amazing. There was a right amount of nurturing and they never stopped working. They understand the difficulty in what they do.

December 14, 2011

By Teg

I interviewed this provider

Great team! Very professional environment and system to manage the patient services and All aides are well trained and company strictly follow the compliance to provide best service.

From First Care of New York Inc - Manhattan

First Care of New York is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and accredited by the Joint Commission with the Gold Seal of approval. All of our Certified Home Health Aides and Certified Personal Care aides can provide the following duties:

• Bathing
  • Light House Keeping
  • Meal Preparation
  • Escorting to Dr. Appointments and Activities
  • Running Errands
  • And Much more"¦

We also can provide companions from 4 hours a day to 24 hours a day. We train and screen all of our Multilingual Certified Aides, whom are bonded and undergo a state mandated criminal background check.

We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with an on call coordinator and registered nurse. Our registered nurses develop a customized plan of care to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.

First Care of New York, "WE PICK UP WHERE OTHERS LEAVE OFF".

We service the following counties: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx.

We are members of:
The National Private Duty Association
The NY Association of Health Care Providers

We now accept Veteran's Aid & Attendance Benefits

Caregivers

Caregiver Skills Include: Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients
Caregivers are employed, bonded and insured: Yes
RN on staff: Yes
Caregivers are available 24 hours a day: Yes
Caregivers are available to assisted living facilities: Yes

Photos of First Care of New York Inc - Manhattan