Home Helpers - Bloomingdale, IL

Reviews of Home Helpers - Bloomingdale, IL

4.8

November 15, 2017

By Sandy R_1

Home Helpers so far has given me excellent care. Home Helpers has made the difference between me being able to stay at home versus going into assisted living.

October 26, 2017

By Megan H

Home Helpers has a great level of care with the clients. Home Helpers is able to give my father specific around the clock care that gives me the peace of mind I need.

October 23, 2017

By Robert N_1

Home Helpers is local, and the caregivers come on time. Home Helpers provides care and transportation for mt loved one when I am gone.

October 18, 2017

By Marlene S_4

It is very difficult to fill in positions that are needed, especially for the condition that my son is in. I get upset at times about how Home Helpers handles things. The most helpful aspect of my son's services is that I can feel comfortable knowing that he is being taken care of properly. Then my son is also happy that he has some help doing things.

September 26, 2017

By Susan S_3

Home Helpers was willing to work with me, and they gave me caregivers that were good. The services from Home Helpers have helped me to be able to live by myself.

September 20, 2017

By Joyce P_4

Home Helpers is likeable; I like everything and am very happy with them. Home Helpers is very helpful and supportive of my needs.

September 18, 2017

By Ellen S_1

We have had a very difficult time with Home Helpers finding us a good caregiver that matches my mother. Also, the quality of their caregivers isn't that great. The most helpful aspect of my mother's services is the help she gets to organize her activities.

August 18, 2017

By Pearl M

I found that Home Helpers are very nice and considerate. Home Helpers were very kind and considerate and very nice to me.

August 03, 2017

By Don W_3

Home Helpers has problems in managing affairs and the daily activities. Some of the things we were told and promised have not happened. We were told that the caregivers would have automobiles, and some of the caregivers haven't. Also, some shifts have not been coordinated to the highest degree. I also believe the caregivers should be professional and understand that they are here to provide the quality of care that is expected. We have experienced some opinions and attitudes that don't reflect professionalism. The hope of Home Helpers' services was to make things less stressful, but because I have to stay involved, it hasn't removed the total burden. This being my first experience, I didn't know what to expect, but some of my expectations were based on the initial conversation with Home Helpers. To improve, Home Helpers could better their recruiting and better deliver on the policies. They should be understood by both the caregivers and management, so they know what they are expected to deliver. I expect more quality and professionalism. I also better communication.

August 01, 2017

By Cindy W_1

Home Helpers has provided good services and very reliable employees. The client needs someone to be around to supervise her regularly. The caregivers watch her and take good care of her.

July 20, 2017

By Rick M_2

Home Helpers is very dependable. I can't go without Home Helpers. I feel confident knowing that they will be there caring for my mom so I can go run errands.

July 06, 2017

By Cindy C

Home Helpers offers a wide range of coverage and help for different needs. They tailor the care to fit your needs. My mom came out of hospice where she was getting similar care. She is able to stay at home and things are easier for me. They take care of her bathing.

June 23, 2017

By Chris G_1

I would tell someone that Home Helpers is friendly and easy to work with. The most helpful part of having the services is that they help provide company and companionship for my mom.

June 01, 2017

By Richard K_2

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers takes good care of my mother, without exception, and they are the best company I have ever worked with. Home Helpers has made life easier by taking care of my mother.

May 03, 2017

By Sandy R_3

Home Helpers' caregivers have been terrific and are very pleasant ladies. Home Helpers has made my life better because my caregivers clean the dishes which is very hard for me to do. I wouldn't be able to stay in my own home without their help.

May 01, 2017

By Dolores K_2

Home Helpers is very personable and is good at light housekeeping. Our caregiver will cook meals for us and will do laundry.

May 01, 2017

By Karen B_5

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers is very thorough and professional. At this point, we aren't using the service as much as we were. Now the caregivers take the client to appointments when I'm not available. We've had to scale back the service because of the cost.

April 21, 2017

By Megan H_1

Home Helpers is a fantastic organization and really cares about their clients. They have incredibly competent caregivers who are able to provide everything they would need. With my father being paralyzed on one side of his body, knowing that he is in such capable hands is really worth its weight in gold.

April 14, 2017

By Marlene S_5

Home Helpers is very intent on getting you what you need. I feel that my son is getting better care with Home Helpers than what I can provide.

March 01, 2017

By Ellen S_4

I'd tell others that Home Helpers is hit or miss. It is greatly dependent on chance. Home Helpers has made a positive difference because they've allowed us a lot of opportunities.

March 01, 2017

By Mary Ann H_1

I would tell a friend that Home Helpers has given me the services I need for my husband. The caregivers are able to make the bed, clean the kitchen, and do the laundry like I ask, which helps.

February 16, 2017

By Cathie M_1

Home Helpers has been a little short-staffed lately. Home Helpers's caregivers have provided good, overall care.

February 02, 2017

By Kopacz, D_1

I would tell someone that the caregiver we received from Home Helpers was more than we expected. The caregiver was with my mom for twelve hours a day, giving me time to recuperate and do some of my daily chores.

February 02, 2017

By Cindy W_2

I would tell people that Home Helpers has been very reliable, and they provide high quality caregivers. The services we have received from Home Helpers have been helpful.

From Home Helpers - Bloomingdale, IL

At Home Helpers, we are committed to Making Life Easier for our clients by providing them with superior, non-medical, and compassionate personal care. We service seniors, new parents, those recuperating from an injury or illness, and anyone with an ongoing challenge.

Our promise is to care for each client as if we are caring for a loved one in our own family. We recognize our clients are the foundation of our business and we continually nurture and grow this relationship. We value your trust in us and will give you peace of mind knowing your loved one is happy, healthy and well cared for. Our personalized, non-medical care can include any or all of the following:

• Caring Companionship (going for walks, playing games/cards, healthy conversation)
  • Personal Care (bathing, dressing, etc.)
  • Shopping for Groceries, Clothes or Running Errands
  • Transportation & Advocacy for Visits to a Doctor, Therapist or any Service Provider
  • Laundry, Light Housekeeping & Meal Preparation
  • Our goal is to match the caregiver’s skill and personality with our client’s need. We believe that our high standard for caregivers coupled with our ongoing attention to the caregiver/client relationship will be the key to the success of Home Helpers. All of our caregivers are:

• Reliable, Compassionate and Dependable
  • Employees of Home Helpers, Covered by Workers’ Comp, Bonded and Insured
  • Thoroughly Screened (National Criminal Background Check, SS# Trace, Driving Record, Random Drug Screening)
  • Trained on Caregiver Skills and Oriented for Each Assignment
  • Introduced to Each Client Prior to the Start of a Care Program
  • Dedicated to the Intellectual/ Physical Health & Wellness of Our Clients
  • Flexible, caregiver can be available on an hourly, daily or weekly basis and 24/7 if required.
  • Direct Link in-home technology systems enable our clients to feel safer and live more independently in the comfort and of their own home. These systems include response units for assistance or emergencies, medication reminder technology, fall detection technology and tele-health monitoring.

As a Certified Alzheimer’s & Dementia Educator (CAEd) we are highly committed to services related to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.

Through Home Helpers & Direct Link we look forward to playing a meaningful role in our community. You can count on us to provide the highest level of support and service to friends and loved ones.

Features of Home Helpers - Bloomingdale, IL