Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Overview of Ratings

4.8

May 23, 2017

By nancy422621

Everyone is so kind and respectful. They always respond immediately to our needs. They have done a wonderful job matching caregivers to my mom's needs and personality.

May 19, 2017

By michael411285

An outstanding provider of caregiving personnel. They match the caregiving needs to the patient/client in an absolutely superb method. My wife had the very best. She was blessed to have Alma care for her.

May 18, 2017

By irene132845

Couldn't be better!

May 10, 2017

By Janet483818

Home Instead is delightful!

May 03, 2017

By Richard417184

We are very thankful to have Debbie of Home Instead as our caregiver. She is like a family to us. She is very attentive to most of our needs. She is very observant and organized when she is with us and in every way possible. We all work together as family, trying to help each other in any way. Debbie is our angel.

April 29, 2017

By Marlene142364

Phyliss is a self-starter, approachable, kind and caring. She is amazing and a joy to have come to my home. I'm blessed to have her.

April 18, 2017

By Mike480628

The support of the local office and the caregivers has been outstanding. Alma is the caregiver and she is doing an excellent job for my father. I'm one of four siblings involved, and we literally have no concerns or complaints which is impressive.

February 27, 2017

By cb2017

Home Instead Senior Care which we have had for both of my parent. They were present when my father passed away and I honestly have never seen more caring individuals in their careworkers. My mother who has aphasia and disabilities from a stroke has needed 24 hour care. What beautiful people we have encountered while using Home Instead, and quite honestly they have become like family. They go above and beyond in their care. They work with you to make sure you are provided with whatever needs you may have for a loved one. They have met any and all of our requests and if we needed to change something have done so almost immediately. They come out to the home to access what type of care is needed, spend time with the person that needs care and take the time to really listen to them, ease any concerns that they may have etc. The owner and his wife have a huge heart for the seniors and the care that they receive, and this also follows through with their entire staff. They made this transition for us very easy and lifted any reservations that we may have had. I would highly recommend Home Instead to anyone looking for care for their loved one.

May 11, 2016

By JohnMBIPO

We are using Home instead. It seems OK. They are doing mostly housework and minimal personal care. I think they are very compassionate, very thoughtful, very caring, and very sensitive to the specific needs of the individual. They respect and maintain their independence where they want to be independent.

November 17, 2015

By Maggie's mom

My mom is a client and she loves her care giver Marcia I've even noticed the change in my mom she smiles more then before Home Instead. Really does a good job picking caregivers that are caring and loving people.

June 14, 2014

By Wchandler

The company is accommodating and individualized for each patient's unique needs. The company is committed to ensuring the right fit with client and caregiver. Compassion, Christian, trustworthy, caring, comforting and supportive. I felt I could leave my parents in capable hands. The stress and burden of caring for my loved one was eased. We all felt safe. They truly are the gold standard!

June 12, 2014

By CatGal

I tried several other agencies before I found Home Instead. I have never been happier -- dealing with the office and the caregivers has been a great experience. They are very professional and I have recommended them to many friends.

March 29, 2014

By Mr. W1

Susan, Terry and Robyn have all been wonderful! We are completely happy with Robyn. I promised my wife we wouldn't put her in a facility, but she never got well enough to come home. We loved Home Instead while she was at home.

March 24, 2014

By Erika5

Prompt, calming sitters kept watch well. Thank you

By Mrs. R1

Jerry was a chauffer, helper, took care of my walker, helped me shopping at Aces, he carried things for me when they got heavy, he was a careful driver, and I enjoyed his company.

By Karen88179550

The caregivers are very calm, soft voiced, efficient and willing to do whatever I ask. They do the laundry.

By Mrs. H2

Glenna is super! Her personality, her willingness to help....she is all that! She does all she can for me; all that I need!

By Sue L.1

Everything was fine. We were really happy. All the women were very nice and very helpful. Yes, we would recommend Home Instead!

By Michelle46

They are always willing to do whatever is needed.

By Joan O2

Sheila was just fabulous. She offered to do things without me even asking! She even went back home while I was see the doctor to get the flowers I had forgotten to bring to give to the doctor.

By Beth W1

Robyn cares for my father, but when mother had a fall this past week, Robyn called me so I could take her to the hospital and have stitches put in. Robyn is very good. She helps with cleaning and is always asking what else she can do.

By Carol M's daughter1

Whatever concerns arise in caring for my mother are always addressed together. They are always on top of everything...if one person couldn't get to it, it was usually the GM, and we got everything straightened out.

March 05, 2014

By Mrs. N1

Pattie does a great job, and I would give her five stars, but we haven't had her here enough times to know if I would call her 'excellent.'. She is very kind and I enjoy her company.

By Joan O1

By Mrs. N

By Carol M's daughter

Whatever concerns arise in caring for my mother are always addressed together. They are always on top of everything...if one person couldn't get to it, it was usually the guy (Bert, GM) and we got everything straightened out.

By Michelle35

They are always willing to do whatever is needed.

By Mr. W

By Jsmith1

Prompt, calming sitters kept watch well. Thank you

By Mrs. R

By Mrs. K's daughter, Karen

By Mrs. H1

By Sue L.

Everything was fine. We were real happy. All the women were very nice and very helpful. Yes, we would recommend Home Instead!

By Beth W

Robyn cares for my father, but when mother had a fall this past week, Robyn called me so I could take her to the hospital and have stitches put in. Robin is very good. She helps with cleaning and is always asking what else she can do.

August 22, 2013

By dblynn

My mom is using Home Instead. They do a pretty good job. I liked the little extras they do like paint my mom's fingernails and all the other fun things they do for her and they give her someone to talk to. Some of their employees though aren't just that reliable. But the company itself is really good at replacing someone if that person can't make it that day to care for my mom. It would be nice though to get the same person every week, but right now they have a schedule for 3 different people for 5 days a week and even then some of those people can't make it so they replace them.

August 06, 2013

By Joan O

Sheila was just fabulous. She offered to do things without me even asking! She even went back home while I was seeing the doctor to get the flowers I had forgotten to bring to give to the doctor.

March 11, 2013

By TomS2012

I used them to care for my mother. They were everything advertised. Very impressive company.

December 26, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Home Instead Senior Care Services is an excellent choice for individuals that live independently and who prefer to live independently in the privacy of their own homes and that need some additional outside supportive care and assistance for themselves, a friend or a family member. They provide their clients with an array of supportive services and assistance. They provide their clients with personal care and assistance; dressing, grooming, bathing, medications assistance and reminders, meal preparation, transportation to medical appointments, shopping, housekeeping and laundry. Their services are tailored fitted to fit into their clients' individual needs. Their team of Skilled and trained Nurses evaluate and access their clients individual Plans of Care that is needed for them. They encourage their clients' health and independence to their most maximum levels that is possible for them individually. They provide their clients with a safe and secured environment. Their staff is team and task oriented in their job duties and their job performances as well. They also provide an array of varied hours for their clients to fit their clients' individual needs and that is necessary for them. They provide short and long term visits and care for their clients from 2 hour a day to 24/7 a day on a daily basis. In general, I would have to rank Home Instead Senior Services on a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise in home care providers.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Birmingham, MI

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details